Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Reading the Dave bio on Superstar Billy Graham and the story of Graham gifting Stu Hart a color TV stolen from a Holiday Inn is the most perfect 70's carry wrestling story ever

Someone posted even better version a few days ago:

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I watched the WWE documentary on Billy Graham. It's pretty sad. It's got some passive aggressive part too. At one point toward the end, Vince is saying "How can you not love this guy?" and he tells a story about how Graham gave a bunch of color TVs to Vince Senior as a gift and then asks, " How can you not love a guy who does that? Of course they all happened to be stolen from the Holiday Inn."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1659621863100911616

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I believe it, Dave.

Also one of the best stories in awhile was on WOR this week. Child Dave being worked by basic wrestling booking and the kids at school having to smarten him up.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Imagine Dave as a child.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Kennel posted:

Imagine Dave as a child.

His school desk covered in homework and old notes

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Drakkel posted:

His school desk covered in homework and old notes

"David, what's two plus two?"

"Ummm... I.... I have it... here... somewhere... ::shuffle shuffle::"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kennel posted:

Imagine Dave as a child.

"My homework is uh..." *shuffling through reams of paper in his backpack*

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grading his essay that is one run-on sentence with no paragraph breaks :stare:

e: wait no his book report is longer than the actual book

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Angry_Ed posted:

"My homework is uh..." *shuffling through reams of paper in his backpack*

"How's your project coming Dave?"
"Well, uh, there's... I'm told there's progress on it, but also there isn't any movement on... uh, on that front. I can't say right now."

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Everything young Dave went to speak in front of class it'd take hours cause even back thsn you can't stop the steamroller

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
All the above posts are perfect.

Baby Dave: "I mean, not defending Shylock being booked that way in merchant of venice, but uh, that as just, uh the mentality back then and I'm not saying it's right, but thats uh, just, it was a different time back then."

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Baby Dave getting into arguments with zero-friend trolls in the playground over the ratings for that weeks Johnny Quest episode

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

Baby Dave getting into arguments with zero-friend trolls in the playground over the ratings for that weeks Johnny Quest episode

Li'l Lance Storm : Dave you are arguing with Pete "Paste Eater" Anderton.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Jubs posted:

I will be so sad if Deadlock doesn't review NWO Lakers vs. NWO Nuggets next week. The timing is just too perfect since they are about to play each other in the playoffs.

Maybe they'll listen if this comment gets enough upvotes?

good news they did the match as a watch this that is up now

edit : this match is dire holy poo poo

Suplex Liberace fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 21, 2023

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Suplex Liberace posted:

I was hoping for the full episode since the match isn't anything special. It was the opening segment with Vince that was the draw.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wheres da fucken wor

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Grapsody was kind of going in on Dave and Bryan today regarding the Punk situation, borderline accusing them of intentionally worsening the situation.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dumbasses

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Which one is grapsody

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Which one is grapsody

One with Will Washington's buddies.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Grapsody was kind of going in on Dave and Bryan today regarding the Punk situation, borderline accusing them of intentionally worsening the situation.

Phil is kind of a Punk homer but there does seem to be two sides forming on this thing. "Everything is fine and this is 75% a work" and "this is one bad word away from being a disaster".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pylons posted:

"this is one bad word away from being a disaster".

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

My favourite part of this moment is actually Sherri. She just grins like it's the funniest thing and pats Booker on the shoulder like "oh honey".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's that special kind of sympathetic glee that comes when you know something REAL bad just happened and you're sorry for your friend, but also so glad it's not YOU who is in trouble.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Suplex Liberace posted:

it is a terrible loving match. but the boys popping every time they think orton is about to get injured ruled

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

It's that special kind of sympathetic glee that comes when you know something REAL bad just happened and you're sorry for your friend, but also so glad it's not YOU who is in trouble.

And Sherri'd been around so long God only knows the flubs she'd seen.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm not really sure where to post this but apparently Raj Giri was in a twitter space and got fooled into thinking it was private instead of public. He said racial slurs, got called out on the Hikaru Shida poo poo he said, was drunk as gently caress, and literally did a line of coke before saying the Iraq War was good and Tony sent a legal notice to Punk over the weekend.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I hope someone recorded that so I no longer have to hear about that dope

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Im not precisely sure who Raj Giri is but heres the blurb for a nicer pod.

Deadlock posted:

In 1996 Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall formed the New World Order. On this episode of WCW Nitro the nWo show up and cause chaos in the back of Disney MGM where the show is being taped. Scott Hall and Kevin Nash show up with baseball bats and take out the American Males. On top of that, they throw Rey Mysterio into a production trailer like a lawn dart. This stops the show for some time as they try to recover and get medical attention for the hurt wrestlers. The show is disrupted and they have to change the scheduled matches. In the main event it’s the WCW World Heavyweight Champion The Giant against Greg “The Hammer'' Valentine. Also, we get the first iconic nWo black and white promo. Plus the boys talk about the Top 5 Top Lists.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Deadlock hit me by surprise today I forgot it was Monday and when I pressed play in overcast the only thing in my playlist was WOR and that ended rolling immediately into THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

I'm not really sure where to post this but apparently Raj Giri was in a twitter space and got fooled into thinking it was private instead of public. He said racial slurs, got called out on the Hikaru Shida poo poo he said, was drunk as gently caress, and literally did a line of coke before saying the Iraq War was good and Tony sent a legal notice to Punk over the weekend.

Apparently the legal papers Khan sent Punk are just stuff that's already been agreed on, in a similar vein to how Punk didn't actually sign his contract until 30 minutes before he went out at First Dance.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Apparently the legal papers Khan sent Punk are just stuff that's already been agreed on, in a similar vein to how Punk didn't actually sign his contract until 30 minutes before he went out at First Dance.

it's notable that he wouldn't just go to CM Punk's porch in LA like last time

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Like an insurance measure basically? He agreed to show up, they just want to be 100% he actually will?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Notarised letter that says

code:
ARE YOU COMING BACK?

YEA             NAH
[ ]             [ ]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Like an insurance measure basically? He agreed to show up, they just want to be 100% he actually will?

No clue. But Lanza in the VoW Discord was describing it as "totally run of the mill legal poo poo" and said it was old news.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'd love to see what the employment (sorry independent contracting) packet for a big time wrestler is. There's probably a bunch of crazy clauses and releases

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Add Shoot garbage can to the list of Bryan quotes

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 22, 2023

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Had Shoot garbage can to the list of Bryan quotes
Amazing exchange

"They used a real live garbage can..."
"It was alive?"
"What?"
"It was alive?"
"It was a live garbage can. Like...not like a gimmicked one."
"So it was a shoot garbage can."
"A shoot garbage can filled with garbage; like legitimate garbage! "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU