Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I mean, he even makes the transformer/transgender pun, without understanding that it is literally the same prefix. The entire god drat point is that they can change their appearance, or form, presumably including their genitals, if it made any sense for robots to have genitals. Which the internet has taught me it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTnIHgblez0

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Hihohe posted:

it really does seem that a lot of people who used to be out and proud athiests or at least very critical of religious dogma seem to have aligned with Christian nationalist rhetoric all so they can hate the LGBTQ+ even more

its like they they couldnt get the most out of their hate and had to change specs to properly run the dungeon otherwise the guild wouldnt invite them to the raid

My theory is fighting religion for them was a lot more DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO than based on solid ideological grounds, so now that they get more pushback from "wokescolds" than from the Moral Majority, the focus has shifted.

Which is a shame because the destruction of religion is more needed than ever, but that's what happened to the libertarians too.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The person who works there and maybe has a staff meal after close would be a good person to ask about the food, yes.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Fister Roboto posted:

-They all walk around with their (biological, natural, god-given) robo-dongs hanging out

Between the robo-dong and the escalating conspicuousness of the bulges, I'm starting to wonder if Ishida isn't trying to test the waters for outright drawing big floppy dongs.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Hihohe posted:

it really does seem that a lot of people who used to be out and proud athiests or at least very critical of religious dogma seem to have aligned with Christian nationalist rhetoric all so they can hate the LGBTQ+ even more

its like they they couldnt get the most out of their hate and had to change specs to properly run the dungeon otherwise the guild wouldnt invite them to the raid

That's a shallow mischaracterization! A lot of them also did it to bolster their racism.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Is this... an actual joke with a punchline? Stantis must've slipped up and put some effort in by mistake.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Guavanaut posted:

The person who works there and maybe has a staff meal after close would be a good person to ask about the food, yes.

For real. TinFish has never asked the server what they recommend or what's good on the menu today?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Badiucao:

Broelman:

Spooner:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

My brother-in-law just tested positive for Covid today, you disingenuous gently caress.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

the_steve posted:

For real. TinFish has never asked the server what they recommend or what's good on the menu today?

When I order food I turn on fox news and if what they're recommending doesn't agree with my opinions I switch channels until I end up with the most racist meal on the menu

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Kellies Nomination: Worst Cartoon About Artificial Intelligence

Jeff Stahler

David Horsey

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Rowe seems a little horny for biden

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Guavanaut posted:

Ugh, imagine if the Transformers, the robots that transform into other things, were to change physically. Gross!
Imagine a machine being mechanically adjusted, by a mechanic. Woke!
There's a lot of stupidity in this week's Sinfests but this is what hit me hardest. Ah yes, machinery, notable for being impossible to modify or alter in any way!
Although Ishida just going "but I'm not turned on by trans women, therefore they don't deserve rights" was definitely just him plaintexting what he's been saying all along.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Clay Bennett

Worst Cartoon About Artificial Intelligence

I mean, the shadow trick is pretty clever.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Discendo Vox posted:

I mean, the shadow trick is pretty clever.

You're not wrong, but it's still bad. I'm probably going to go back and nominate a bunch of older ones for this, too, because there have been a ton of AI cartoons and almost all of them are terrible.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

You're not wrong, but it's still bad. I'm probably going to go back and nominate a bunch of older ones for this, too, because there have been a ton of AI cartoons and almost all of them are terrible.

AI is often used for awful things.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

idonotlikepeas posted:

Clay Bennett

Kellies Nomination: Worst Cartoon About Artificial Intelligence

It's what the last Child's Play movie was about.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Please do!

Also, folks, please go back and replace any “gently caress you” nominees with something more specific, the category is a mess.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"What's the most recent movie about an AI doll that everyone loved? Oh, yes, Child's Play!"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Child’s Play is about Brad Dourif’s ghost inhabiting a plastic doll with the power of voodoo. I know the Aubrey Plaza remake is about AI, but there’s no doll in that one.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I AM GRANDO posted:

Child’s Play is about Brad Dourif’s ghost inhabiting a plastic doll with the power of voodoo. I know the Aubrey Plaza remake is about AI, but there’s no doll in that one.
Dude, M3gan.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Dude, M3gan.

I was just making a general statement clarifying that the Child's Play franchise has nothing to do with AI.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Are you guys just doing the not understanding as a joke right now?

Many artists and writers have completely sensible fears that AI art and writing programs, while fun to play around with, will be harmful to thier line of work as corporations use them so that they dont have to pay anyone for thier services. Yes i know "political cartoons lol nothing of value will be lost yadda yadda" but its not complety dense to make a statement that you have that kind of fear

So, as the comic implies, what looks like a toy is actually a threat

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I believe the recent Child's Play remake was focused on an AI doll.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think it's too much of a quibble to say it's not ai and doesn't have agency, it's a bunch of plagiarism machines and the problem is that our systems are set up to encourage the exploitation of workers. It's not inherent to the technology but the tech is the only villain identified.

The new machines weren't the problem for the Luddites, the owners using them to displace skilled artisans from reliable well paying work was.

Basically it's putting the blame in the wrong place and misstating the problem. But it's still better than 3/4 of the comics here, just by being bland and inoffensive.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Clearly they should have used the critically acclaimed 1998 movie 'Small Soldiers' as you just fukken know somebody is non-ironically thinking of trying something like the company in the movie.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Would Default Really Be so Bad?

Ted Rall posted:

Unless congress raises the debt ceiling, the government will run out of money and be unable to pay its bills as early as June 1, according to Treasury Secretary, Janet Yellen. Would it really be so bad?

First Dog on the Moon: The Voice as I (a white person) understand it

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hihohe posted:

Are you guys just doing the not understanding as a joke right now?

Many artists and writers have completely sensible fears that AI art and writing programs, while fun to play around with, will be harmful to thier line of work as corporations use them so that they dont have to pay anyone for thier services. Yes i know "political cartoons lol nothing of value will be lost yadda yadda" but its not complety dense to make a statement that you have that kind of fear

So, as the comic implies, what looks like a toy is actually a threat

Yes and that wasn't what I was making fun of. More that Bennett thinks that the most recent and popular movie about "ai doll being evil" is Child's Play.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Alhazred posted:

Yes and that wasn't what I was making fun of. More that Bennett thinks that the most recent and popular movie about "ai doll being evil" is Child's Play.

I mean I guess M3gan exists but AI childs play was only like 2019.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Enh, Childs play is kinda the iconic evil doll come to life series of movies.

Everybody knows Chucky, would everybody recognize Megan who kinda just looks like a regular sized girl?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hihohe posted:

Enh, Childs play is kinda the iconic evil doll come to life series of movies.

Everybody knows Chucky, would everybody recognize Megan who kinda just looks like a regular sized girl?

Yeah, I gotta go with Bennett on this one. Chucky has a lot more cultural inertia to back him up.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

the_steve posted:

Yeah, I gotta go with Bennett on this one. Chucky has a lot more cultural inertia to back him up.
Why not use HAL 9000 then

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*sad ED-209 noises*

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

Why not use HAL 9000 then

Because Hal looks like an ai.
Chucky looks like a kids doll but is actually a serial killer

Hes saying that the chatgpt and algorithmic art makers might seem like fun little thing to play around with but are actually threatening.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
they're tools in the hands of the worst people, not some sort of monster

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

World Famous W posted:

they're tools in the hands of the worst people, not some sort of monster

Is this about AI or firearms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1660678781265215489?t=tCerXMio8qmWJiJYlpCCjA&s=19

Bummer