Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rectal Placenta posted:

Since this is the oxygen deficient dead zone of the offseason, anyone have some banger games from last season to watch? Unfortunately a lot of my time was spent watching Wisconsin perpetually let me down.

Texas-OU best game of the year by a mile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Bama Tennessee for sure

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Oregon - Oregon State
Oregon - Washington

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Since this is the oxygen deficient dead zone of the offseason, anyone have some banger games from last season to watch? Unfortunately a lot of my time was spent watching Wisconsin perpetually let me down.

TCU/Baylor. The whole game is stupid, but the ending is really stupid and it worked.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Utah - USC part one

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rectal Placenta posted:

Ohio State/Georgia is the best game I've ever seen in person (finally something unseats the Prayer at Jordan-Hare). Third quarter's a bit of a slog but it sets the stage for the rock em sock em finish.

Bama/UT of course has already been mentioned, but really the entire Bama oeuvre was fascinating – a team with more talent than Mount Olympus that didn't seem to particularly like playing together, led by two replacement-level coordinators, getting into a weekly dogfight with excellent teams (UT), lousy teams (A&M), and everything in between (LSU, Ole Miss).

Also suggest you watch Virginia/Georgia Tech, but only the last play.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
UNC/App State, Coastal Carolina/Georgia Southern

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Rectal Placenta posted:

whos that broooown posted:

Oregon - Oregon State
Oregon - Washington

As much as it pains me, those are both dramatic as hell. Oregon-Washington was a fireworks factory, the Platypus Cup was just weird played in a noisy-rear end stadium under redevelopment and then the Beavs played the second half like a pre-war offense

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Roasted Donut posted:

UNC/App State, Coastal Carolina/Georgia Southern

Georgia Southern-Nebraska was pretty fun because you knew Frost wasn't going to survive.

Southern Cal-Tulane

Vanderbilt had some feel-good games last year when they weren't being blown out, particularly the win over Florida.

One of those Pac-12 after dark games was a hoot last year, but I can't remember which it was.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lol god dammit, Ga St got a new sign

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
did they really hang a banner for the time they beat a mediocre to bad team four years ago lol

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Soul Glo posted:

did they really hang a banner for the time they beat a mediocre to bad team four years ago lol

Apparently it’s been there for a while, or at least a variation of one. I went to a game there last season and I’m like 99% sure it wasn’t there then

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

The program has 54 wins all-time. Gotta celebrate something

I guess that means that Tennessee makes up just shy of 2% of GAST's wins ever

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

There is not a single VT game from last season that should ever be rewatched.

The liberty win to close the season out was nice, but still no, no one should watch any of it.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm biased as hell, but I'm also going to second Washington v Oregon, that game was wild in the best way.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

whos that broooown posted:

Oregon - Oregon State
Oregon - Washington

as a pro duck poster these both were painful but probably fun to watch as a neutral

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

All FCS teams should hang banners when they beat FBS teams.

As for other games that haven't been mentioned:
OSU vs. Michigan
Iowa vs. SDSU and/or Iowa vs. Illinois for :yeshaha: purposes
Marshall vs. Notre Dame
South Carolina vs. Tennessee

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

All FCS teams should hang banners when they beat FBS teams.

As for other games that haven't been mentioned:
OSU vs. Michigan
Iowa vs. SDSU and/or Iowa vs. Illinois for :yeshaha: purposes
Marshall vs. Notre Dame

Georgia State is FBS! I think they started out as such even.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Can we talk about speculative over unders here? Last year Nebraska won 4 games. Played a couple teams super super tight and just barely lost. This year their conference schedule is not particularly brutal but they open at Minnesota and then they play the new look Colorado. Of course i love making fun of Nebraska but am I psycho in thinking with Matt Rhule there they might actually surprise some teams? The bottom half of the Big 10 is garbage and they should be able to rack up some wins. A 7 win season is very much in play here!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Dango Bango posted:

This wasn't fun it was inexplicable. Also includes watching a man's ACL tear in real time which is never fun. I veto this suggestion.

soggybagel posted:

Can we talk about speculative over unders here? Last year Nebraska won 4 games. Played a couple teams super super tight and just barely lost. This year their conference schedule is not particularly brutal but they open at Minnesota and then they play the new look Colorado. Of course i love making fun of Nebraska but am I psycho in thinking with Matt Rhule there they might actually surprise some teams? The bottom half of the Big 10 is garbage and they should be able to rack up some wins. A 7 win season is very much in play here!

Matt Rhule is a good college coach and will absolutely drag that team to a decent record. I dunno what Vegas set their win total at, but more than 4 feels safe.

VT is at like 4.5 and that's probably fair and right, but Pry better manage 6 wins out of this roster.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Matt Rhule is a good college coach and will absolutely drag that team to a decent record. I dunno what Vegas set their win total at, but more than 4 feels safe.

On top of all that. As a resident PJ Fleck hater and long suffering Minnesota guy, opening the season with Nebraska has all the makings of a "how the gently caress did the Gophers blow this one?" game. They've had Nebraska's number the last four or so years but its always close one score games. I by no means really follow the gophers recruiting much at all but its my understanding they still aren't getting any insane touted guys and continue to find guys who are like, high upside. I'm not exactly sure who the QB will be now that the oldest 24 year old on earth Tanner Morgan is gone.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

soggybagel posted:

This is how I ended up betting Northwestern over four wins in 2022. I even thought it was a mortal lock after they beat Nebraska in the opener.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Georgia State is FBS! I think they started out as such even.

:doh: I got them confused with another program then. My bad!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

This wasn't fun it was inexplicable. Also includes watching a man's ACL tear in real time which is never fun. I veto this suggestion.

I forgot about this being the game Hooker tore his ACL. But this was a South Carolina team that just lost 38-6 to Florida and no one gave them a snowball's chance in hell. Then they come out and punch UT in the mouth.

soggybagel posted:

If Nebraska doesn't go bowling this season is a bust. The schedule is SOFT this year.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 22, 2023

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Lol this game doesn’t exist what a maroon

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Spacemonkey57 posted:

This is how I ended up betting Northwestern over four wins in 2022. I even thought it was a mortal lock after they beat Nebraska in the opener.

I took the Nebraska under last year and was so sure of it I was bragging about it to coworkers. When the huskers opened the season with a loss overseas to Northwestern I was laughing so much. A rare easy W. I think their O/U last year was seriously like 7 wins. But yeah, Rhule was a bust in the NFL but he had some really good seasons coaching in college and I think Nebraska has fallen so much that all he has to do is hit .500 this season and people will be loving him. Looks like they opened this year at 6.5 which is right in the danger zone of course.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Just heard TCU @ Houston is going to be Fox's 2:30 game for Week 3. Middle of the afternoon in mid-September. RIP to me

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

soggybagel posted:

I’m a Rhule believer, but just going by what he did at Temple and Baylor, there’s usually seems to be a season 1 teardown. Granted, those were different situations and different transfer rules, but his history would indicate that he’s going to be content to let the young guys play and take their licks, as opposed to pulling out all the stops to bowl in year 1.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

USC AD probably resigned to get in front of being named a sexpest

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

At least wait until you're in the Big Ten before you have a Big Ten style scandal

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

I’m a Rhule believer, but just going by what he did at Temple and Baylor, there’s usually seems to be a season 1 teardown. Granted, those were different situations and different transfer rules, but his history would indicate that he’s going to be content to let the young guys play and take their licks, as opposed to pulling out all the stops to bowl in year 1.

This seems to me to be the best way but as you move up the chain patience becomes less and less. At Temple a year not bowling while people take their licks is "a year of Temple football.' At Nebraska (at least up until recently) it is an unmitigated disaster.

Now, granted, Nebraska fans should be willing to try anything at this point, but still. Should be interesting.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sash! posted:

At least wait until you're in the Big Ten before you have a Big Ten style scandal

They already had one like four years ago.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Well I'll be damned. They really are a good fit for the conference.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Soul Glo posted:

Guess when this billboard came down

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GD_American posted:

Guess when this billboard came down

Hopefully never

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Was that the doctor or somebody else. Because yowza, that one was Bad.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

This was posted at almost midnight last night:

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1660857296006594569?t=Jz6r4Y-Eg_BWRhrRTDkXfQ&s=19

Sounds bad for the PAC.

I wonder if the big move here is for the ACC and PAC to form an alliance in the way the Big Ten was rumored to with the PAC before they just simply extracted USC and UCLA.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Komet posted:

I wonder if the big move here is for the ACC and PAC to form an alliance in the way the Big Ten was rumored to with the PAC before they just simply extracted USC and UCLA.

No, I sure don’t think so.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I think any conference alliance is doomed from the start. It would hold for like 1-2 years before some other team jumps conferences and it all falls apart. We are in peak "every school for themselves" mode right now. Anyone that can get into the Big 10 and SEC super conferences is trying to do so, and they don't want to get shackled to some dead end deal.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

harperdc posted:

Was that the doctor or somebody else. Because yowza, that one was Bad.

That one. I think it was a gynecologist specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Heart broke a little bit for Wazzu there for a sec but finding the actual statement, it seems like they're blaming the Pac 12 instead of admitting their accountants Couged it

https://twitter.com/bmarcello/status/1660860806840614912