Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
blast from the past

https://twitter.com/MorganFailchild/status/1660599490384994308?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I liked the part of The Crown where he got assassinated :lmao:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I mean how much can that be, Michael? Like one train car?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

STEPHEN A: Skip I want to ADDRESS this issue.
[BAYLESS nods]
The chemical, ammonium nitrate, is relatively harmless by itself
BAYLESS: Absolutely
STEPHEN A: BUT!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Oh okay but breaking bad is unrealistic cuz they rob a train

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

robbing a train sounds like it'd be really easy since everyone knows now that every train is only manned by one guy who hasn't slept for three days

hell you could probably bribe him to let you unload a half dozen containers onto your trucks if you promise him a job that has sick days

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

train robbing should absolutely make a comeback. Everyone rob trains. I'm starting an old timey gang, queers only. No cis or hets allowed

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Weren't people robbing trains during Covid? I remember seeing a video from LA of a train just being picked apart and it was all crappy amazon stuff.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

General Bullshit posted:

In 2012 he told everyone to vote for Obama because Romney would start a war with Russia. :ironicat:
graciously praying for chomsky's good health to carry him into his 2024 presidential endorsement

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ugA-Hvjkp0

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Riot Bimbo posted:

train robbing should absolutely make a comeback. Everyone rob trains. I'm starting an old timey gang, queers only. No cis or hets allowed

The Goon Train Robbery

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

General Bullshit posted:

Weren't people robbing trains during Covid? I remember seeing a video from LA of a train just being picked apart and it was all crappy amazon stuff.

i think the media tried to pretend it was more than like one time under special circumstances but i forget

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think it was bullshit to try and get the city to spend more money on cops like the roving gangs of homeless people shoplifting from san francisco cvs's

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
The train companies had cut back on security during covid to increase profits and then wanted the city cops to pick up the slack. Poorly maintained tracks meant there were sections where the train had to slow down to a walking speed.

Basically it was entirely caused by the train companies penny pinching.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

If you put a caboose on the end of your train and hire Bat Masterson as your company manager you reduce train thefts by like 90%.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
back in the day they just put pinkertons with guns on the trains and let them gun down anyone getting on the train, the only reason they don't do that today is it would require paying a second person to be on the train :v:

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Hopping on my mighty steed to catch up to the train im about to rob

The Steed:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

fanfic insert posted:

Hopping on my mighty steed to catch up to the train im about to rob

The Steed:

I learned about the sport of hobby horsing recently and you should too

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

good epstein related blind: https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2023/05/todays-blind-items-favor.html

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
re: schwartz i'm guessing?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mark immune posted:

re: schwartz i'm guessing?

yep.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i was curious who this "A lister" married to one of these "coworkers" that cdan says suicided swartz was and lol it's serena williams

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Andrew learned well.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Horseshoe theory posted:

Andrew learned well.

he wasn't the only one.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
A complete timeline of Coco Martin and Julia Montes’ reel-to-real relationship

quote:

By: Hannah Mallorca INQUIRER.net / 04:25 PM May 26, 2023

Coco Martin and Julia Montes’ reel-to-real relationship didn’t come as a shock to many outsiders, as they have been close to each other for quite some time. But after years of speculations, the “Batang Quiapo” star publicly confirmed it this month.

Many insiders are aware of Martin and Montes’ relationship from way back; they have also been spotted together on multiple occasions.

But despite keeping their romance private, the actor couldn’t help but express his love for his partner during the screening of “Unbreak My Heart,” saying, “[It feels so good because we've been together for 12 years, but it's still like it was yesterday.]”

Take a trip down memory lane as we show a complete timeline of CocoJul’s relationship:

2008: Coco and Julia cross paths

Coco and Julia first met on the set of the 2008 show “Ligaw na Bulaklak,” in which the former starred as kontrabida Ronel Alegro.

Meanwhile, Julia briefly appeared in the teleserye as the teenage Jennifer, whose grown-up version was played by Ara Mina. It can be noted that the show aired in the same year that the former graduated from “Goin’ Bulilit” with batchmate John Manalo.

March 2011: Coco and Julia get linked

Speculations of Coco “wooing” Julia came about via ABS-CBN News in March 2011, which the actor vehemently denied during an interview on the now-defunct “Showbiz News Ngayon.”

“[No, no, and no. Julia and I have known each other for a while now. I've only been on one soap opera so far on ABS-CBN. But we've worked with each other on projects for other channels],” he was quoted as saying.

January 2012: ‘Walang Hanggan’ goes on air

Coco and Julia were launched as the CocoJul love team in the melodrama “Walang Hanggan,” which is based on the 1991 film “Hihintayin Kita sa Langit” and the 1847 novel “Wuthering Heights” by Emily Brontë.

Pre-production for the drama kicked off in 2011; it premiered months later when Julia was 16 years old and Coco was 30 years old.

The actors took on the roles of best friends-turned-lovers Daniel and Katerina, until their passionate love affair met a tragic fate. Their characters were eventually reunited in the afterlife.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Jimmy Savile is so obviously hosed up that he was flying over the radar

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Futanari Damacy posted:

He painted his glasses pink as part of the Somebody Else's Problem field

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Futanari Damacy posted:

Remember: Jimmy Savile was Margret Thatcher's model citizen for her "there is no society" view of society.

She loved the guy and wanted an entire nation of people exactly like him

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
There was no Margaret Thatcher

there were cells and there were organs

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Futanari Damacy posted:

He was so blatant about it, it's shocking. I remember seeing a docu about him and he was spending a night camping with a group of girl scouts. I can't remember if they won a competition or it was some charity thing. But he was making all sorts of lewd jokes about it. Telling his film crew to stay behind so he can spend the night alone with them. I suppose you can't be surprised when people are just worried about having a job and feeding their family, that they wouldn't rock the boat with the 'talent' that keeps them employed.

It hasn't changed much if the rumors about Philip Schofield's departure from British morning tv is anything to go by. He abruptly left with the official reason being a falling out with his co-host. But the rumor is he was dating an underage schoolboy who had been a guest on the show. They let him go to get ahead of any fallout if it that does come out.

Edit: https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1662154738903678980

An hour after I posted he admitted to the rumours.

Marenghi has issued a correction as of 20:10 on May 26, 2023

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Marenghi posted:

He was so blatant about it, it's shocking. I remember seeing a docu about him and he was spending a night camping with a group of girl scouts. I can't remember if they won a competition or it was some charity thing. But he was making all sorts of lewd jokes about it. Telling his film crew to stay behind so he can spend the night alone with them. I suppose you can't be surprised when people are just worried about having a job and feeding their family, that they wouldn't rock the boat with the 'talent' that keeps them employed.

It hasn't changed much if the rumors about Philip Schofield's departure from British morning tv is anything to go by. He abruptly left with the official reason being a falling out with his co-host. But the rumor is he was dating an underage schoolboy who had been a guest on the show. They let him go to get ahead of any fallout if it that does come out.

My fav jimmy saville documentary moment was when a BBC exec was recounting that he had seen jimmy saville with a really young girl at a bar earlier that day. That same day, the exec had to call jimmy saville and the first thing jimmy saville said was "remember that girl I was with? I hosed her!" Then he put the girl on the phone with the BBC exec.

This story was presented with little more than a shrug. "Strange fellow that Jimmy. Oh well"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's that time again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjy8oLVOvi4&t=49s

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I've never been to the uk but the more you learn about Britain digging into Epstein stuff the more you realize Britain being pedophile island is more than just a meme, apparently it's because they all get molested in boys school or something growing up

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/hash_tigre/status/1662190785943707648?t=3Dxu0KSPkotDRKw8qdHxWA&s=19

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

they're a pro follow btw. nonstop stream of Epstein adjacent content, and always pulls up random old poo poo that's connected to recent news

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1634952845484228610

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Ace of Baes posted:

I've never been to the uk but the more you learn about Britain digging into Epstein stuff the more you realize Britain being pedophile island is more than just a meme, apparently it's because they all get molested in boys school or something growing up

There's a reason it's called the pedo-isles. It was common to have topless ladies on page 3 of the popular newspapers. It wasn't until the late 90s or early 00s they upped the age limit for those topless models from 15 to 18.

That was the mass media, ran by old men who thought nothing of oogling 15 year olds.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Marenghi posted:

There's a reason it's called the pedo-isles. It was common to have topless ladies on page 3 of the popular newspapers. It wasn't until the late 90s or early 00s they upped the age limit for those topless models from 15 to 18.

That was the mass media, ran by old men who thought nothing of oogling 15 year olds.

the pedoph-isle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug