Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

IBroughttheFunk posted:

No, no, it's not the garbage-spewing website where misinfo can be much more easily shared than before. You see, the issue is....

https://twitter.com/GRDecter/status/1660664720481742848

An even worse replier in their comments has a fix: We need a blockchain-based solution to image veracity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I wonder how many of these elon simps watched succession and were like "these are heroes"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Verisimilidude posted:

I wonder how many of these elon simps watched succession and were like "these are heroes"

Slate had a good article on that and the “Bad Fans” (ie people who watch antiheroes and root for them) https://slate.com/culture/2023/05/succession-season-4-episode-9-church-and-state-logan-roy-funeral-antihero.html

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Verisimilidude posted:

Still wild to me that some folks watch the Boys and refuse to believe Homelander’s the villain.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

IBroughttheFunk posted:

No, no, it's not the garbage-spewing website where misinfo can be much more easily shared than before. You see, the issue is....

https://twitter.com/GRDecter/status/1660664720481742848

I'm no artist, but I'm reasonably sure I could recreate that in ms paint.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Parkingtigers posted:

I would have hated that film 20 years ago, but it's a cute little time capsule of nostalgia at this point (which thematically ties in with the framing device of the movie itself confirming Britney Spears as a genius).

The only other pirated film I can still find online is this 2002 Jamaican gangsta film called "Shottas". It looks terrible, it's exactly what you are looking for.

https://twitter.com/BolaBankz/status/1659080357298294785?s=20

Not a bad romp, that one! I actually paid more attention to it than Crossroads, simply because I really needed the subtitles to understand the patois. But now I know the proper way to use "blood clot", should the need arise. Also I fully expect to drive my husband bananas by pronouncing his name, Wayne, with a Jamaican accent when he gets home today. "WIN! WIIIINNN!" Thanks again, Parkingtigers!

In a more directly Musk-related anecdote, I'm gonna be renting a car next month, and for kicks I looked at what Enterprise offers as a luxury rental. Lol that they lump Teslas in that category. If I was a suicidal sociopath who didn't care about my life or the lives of anyone on the road, it'd be funny to get on I-81, tell it to go north for 585 miles, and see how long it takes to crash while I lean back and let it drive itself.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Check out the replies on this tweet. @GetVideoBot and @SaveVidBot are paying for Blue so every time someone (blue or not) tags them to get a download link, the bot's reply pushes the tweet to the top of the replies. Twitter should be burying posts from these accounts since they aren't relevant to anyone. Under the old algorithm, they would get zero engagement and fall to the bottom quickly. Now they flood the replies and kill all engagement on popular tweets.

So what I'm saying is if you want your reply to float to the top, just tag a blue-subscribed bot at the end of your tweet.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

wa27 posted:

Check out the replies on this tweet. @GetVideoBot and @SaveVidBot are paying for Blue so every time someone (blue or not) tags them to get a download link, the bot's reply pushes the tweet to the top of the replies. Twitter should be burying posts from these accounts since they aren't relevant to anyone. Under the old algorithm, they would get zero engagement and fall to the bottom quickly. Now they flood the replies and kill all engagement on popular tweets.

So what I'm saying is if you want your reply to float to the top, just tag a blue-subscribed bot at the end of your tweet.

But I thought Elmo killed all the bots.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Buce posted:

(30-second pause) "it ... makes one think ... of ... the film 'blade runner' uh ... and, er, the line ... 'he say you brade runnah'. yes. I often ... think of that, uh, that ... line."

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1660736069258682369

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

I hope this means he’s about to die

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Is this some ironic acknowledgment of twitters new “feature” of bringing back deleted tweets?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Maybe he just made his first deviantart account.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1660738853970272256?cxt=HHwWgICz-YnMkIwuAAAA

Please someone explain the irony.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Like letting that sink in and then selling all the sinks

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
god Musk is such a loving bad poster and that's me saying it!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

What a loving loser

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1660733363764842516?s=20

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
It's amazing how often in this thread someone will post a hypothetical ripping Elon, then the very next day Elon will actually say a pretty close approximation of whatever we were saying he would say to make fun of him

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

DeeplyConcerned posted:

It's amazing how often in this thread someone will post a hypothetical ripping Elon, then the very next day Elon will actually say a pretty close approximation of whatever we were saying he would say to make fun of him

very few realize this

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Concerning.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elon_alerts/status/1660712656876052480

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

I mean, I guess it's kinda ironic because you would expect Twitter to be down

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

AARP LARPer posted:

god Musk is such a loving bad poster and that's me saying it!

:drat:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

ever since taylor swift dated the racist or sexist guy i guess elon thinks he has a chance

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

.random posted:

I once (briefly) interacted with someone who claimed “there is no such thing as mis- or disinformation.”

Turns out this was a stepping stone to start discussing “do your own research,” which was where I noped out :sever:

Cross reference a few distantly related pieces of information and maybe do a small amount of 4th grade math to see if something checks out.

Find a blog with a picture of an eagle sitting on Ben Franklin’s shoulder.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

quite a few of us in the Reply Guy Guild are seriously considering censuring Musk, but while there's a lot of support, none of us are willing to be the initiators.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

MrMojok posted:

That film is not only better than a quarter of all the Bond films ever made, it’s also better than at least four of the best picture Oscar winners of the last three decades

damning with faint praise, savage

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

AARP LARPer posted:

quite a few of us in the Reply Guy Guild are seriously considering censuring Musk, but while there's a lot of support, none of us are willing to be the initiators.

As a member of the Reply Guy Reply Guy local chapter #373, I say brilliant gambit sir. Well played!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
You know, the fact that Elon doesn't actually post here is a real value-add. We should look into monetizing that.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

DeeplyConcerned posted:

You know, the fact that Elon doesn't actually post here is a real value-add. We should look into monetizing that.

If he finds out he'll just buy the site. But at least I guess Jeff could become fabulously wealthy.

.random
May 7, 2007

I think it’s time we started talking profit-sharing with Jeffrey, presuming the inevitable billionaire acquisition.

I’m willing to take 10% of profits of a sale, but I’m not sure other posters will be as reasonable.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
God drat you Elon what layers of irony?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Kevin DuBrow posted:

God drat you Elon what layers of irony?

Several orders of magnitude of them.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Escape From Noise posted:

Several orders of magnitude of them.

Interesting

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Elon banning Taylor Swift because she dunked on him would be real funny.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Plan R posted:

Elon banning Taylor Swift because she dunked on him would be real funny.

I'm not sure how much she posts to twitter, but it would be really hilarious to see a war between elon-stans and swifties

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

kazil posted:

I'm not sure how much she posts to twitter, but it would be really hilarious to see a war between elon-stans and swifties

If this happens prepare for an epic Rick and Morty "Get Swifty" meme from Mush.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

elon getting dunked on from the future. he’s so fuckin lame it transcends time.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Alan Smithee posted:

How do we know it’s not happening? Did the lame stream media tell you it wasn’t?

Pink is all the same person replying to different people:

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 23, 2023

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Buce posted:

elon getting dunked on from the future. he’s so fuckin lame it transcends time.

Swift's Basilisk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Fifteen scattered cellular telephones sputter across the vinyl bar top, held acrop by a bamboo berm as thick as the bartender’s hog. Tucked away and compressed - twisted and mashed to fit into some…a magical plastic egg. A quarter slept in the gutters. Found by a child - a wish. Into the promise of a machine. Turned into an egg.

He got another. “He got another”. Not sure who said it.

A singer. Maybe a seamstress, might be a mom, a killer a…no. No maybe, anymore. Me?

Another bolt of lighting - the phones - which makes two. If it’s your first day someone will take your hand and pat it, just to say they heard the first one too. Last call only requires you to remember what home means - might as well drink ‘til you find it.

“Can’t get me,” coughs the man at the end of the bar, shaking his feathers as if the devil stole his favorite pillow.

As it has been, heads tilted secretly in obvious unison - “he’s endangered”, “poor endangered man”, “bless his bird heart”. “Bird aren’t real lol it’s a meme 420”. Maybe I’m not real. A flame trench wouldn’t have helped.

That’s not real. Eggs burn. You had a flame trench and I watched it burn. I felt it burn.

The manager walks in the door, clearly lying to someone over text messages. An odd number of eyes brush his neck - “ah jeezits did musky make something normal sound gross or what?”. The silence echoes back.

Taylor Swift this time.

Breakfast in America hits the cold mirror in a splash of used irises. This song is a banger.

Back in the corner, a lonely endangered bird whistles along. Take a look at my girlfriend. One last look.