Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

When you're dating the food goblin you know you'll always be secondary to food, that's just how it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Haha, oh lord, it's animated. :five:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

That's certainly a choice of a song for a wedding video. And that's not the translation, I tracked it down and it's the same in the original, in English and all.

Unless there's some other song I don't know of that also has those exact words.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

KennyMan666 posted:

That's certainly a choice of a song for a wedding video. And that's not the translation, I tracked it down and it's the same in the original, in English and all.

Jeez, no kidding. I hadn't twigged on that at all.

By popular demand posted:

When you're dating the food goblin you know you'll always be secondary to food, that's just how it is.

I think he's running more like a distant 4th place, behind food, drink and chilling by yourself.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

It's refreshing how honest Wakako is internally about her preferences in life. She seems to see herself as a food goblin and is fine with it. The attachment to alcohol is a bit worrying from an IRL viewpoint but even then in many cases the point seems to be the flavour, not just getting drunk.

KennyMan666 posted:

Also wow yeah, that's a choice alright. Makes me think of those wedding cakes where the couple is aiming handguns at each other etc.
This makes me wonder: how autobiographical is the comic? We've had a bunch of comics here, like Plica, that were quite explicitly autobiographical to an extent while still featuring made-up characters and gags and such. If the married couple is based on a real one, I do hope they're happy together.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Wakako won me over with her dedication to disciplined hedonism, she knows what she likes yet only overindulges on appropriate occasions. (according to local culture anyway).

I trust in the food goblin.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I wonder if Wakako and Chako would be friends or bitter rivals

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Assuming a non-scarcity of good food nope, I don't trust Chako to stick to that most important rule of polite dining:
Don't consume your fellow dinner guests.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I wonder if Wakako and Chako would be friends or bitter rivals
Chako possibly not very good with other women.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
A lot of big, elaborate, dynamic panels today! Even if you skip the jojo posts, I recommend checking this one out for the cool pages if nothing else!

Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joseph Joseph Joseph keeps whaling on Wumuu, but stops when he notices it's not quite working! Wumuu congratulates Joseph Joseph Joseph on his fighting prowess, and bestows upon him a great honor: he will be the recipient of Wumuu's technique, Mr. Sandstorm!

Read right to left:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Forgot to post chapter 44 days ago

Chapter 45

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Raluek posted:

man this sequence rules

Thanks! That's one of my favorites. I mean, I have a lot of favorites w/r/t BSF for obvious reasons, but that one was a lot of fun to do and I think I succeeded in making the sequence stand out as particularly significant.

Blasphemous Saga Fantasy

Get off the counter, Broom! I see you back there.

That wraps up The Lumina Flashback! Archivally and in hindsight, it doesn't really feel all that egregious to me, but serially it was a real slog (I was having a really bad time in 2018 through 2020 so my output wasn't as consistent as it could have been) and I think regardless it doesn't necessarily do the pacing of the story any favors. But it is what it is, for now at least!

Tomorrow, we're getting back to what matters most: The Slime King.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

Can't help but feel the uncle would have been better off being her dad. I wonder why the author went down that route. Are uncles considered cooler than dads?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Karanas posted:

Can't help but feel the uncle would have been better off being her dad. I wonder why the author went down that route. Are uncles considered cooler than dads?

Uncle Jesse was way cooler than Danny Tanner, but then there's Uncle Joey, so I guess Uncles are a land of contrasts.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Karanas posted:

"The cool uncle" is definitely an archetype

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Uncle gives him a bit more distance. He's not actually responsible for her except as an boss and she doesn't have to listen to him except as a employee. They can have a more equal relationship.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Tall Penguin

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
sorry about not posting comics, will restart soon enough

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's fine you just get your pay docked for the non comics days

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Again?! I'm already pulling double shifts at the dicksucking factory.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

In the last issue of Tales of the Beanworld, Beanish broke out and invented the Fabulous Look•See•Show, and also accidentally discovered a use for Twinks!

Beanish finds a warp zone.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tenebrais posted:

Uncle gives him a bit more distance. He's not actually responsible for her except as an boss and she doesn't have to listen to him except as a employee. They can have a more equal relationship.
Yeah, if he was her dad then a lot of stuff would have a very different vibe, especially the whole thing of her working after school in his shop where he goofs off with his friends. On the other hand if he were just some randomer then his interest in her love life would come across as kinda skeevy. Uncle is a nice grey area familial obligation.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I'll twink it up...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Splicer posted:

Yeah, if he was her dad then a lot of stuff would have a very different vibe, especially the whole thing of her working after school in his shop where he goofs off with his friends. On the other hand if he were just some randomer then his interest in her love life would come across as kinda skeevy. Uncle is a nice grey area familial obligation.

Nephewism has a long history in newspaper comics (like Shoe)

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Tunicate posted:

Nephewism has a long history in newspaper comics (like Shoe)

And Donald Duck

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I didn't know Shoe was Donald Duck's nephew.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Enjoying Beanworld and Blasphemous Fantasy Saga at present. The gag about the first line in the diary and its follow up with Astrid spoke to me.

Kennel posted:

Chako possibly not very good with other women.

I think the issue there is Chako doesn't seem to know any other women that aren't food or Chacha. She might be happy to befriend Wakako.

Hempuli posted:

It's refreshing how honest Wakako is internally about her preferences in life. She seems to see herself as a food goblin and is fine with it. The attachment to alcohol is a bit worrying from an IRL viewpoint but even then in many cases the point seems to be the flavour, not just getting drunk.

Also wow yeah, that's a choice alright. Makes me think of those wedding cakes where the couple is aiming handguns at each other etc.
This makes me wonder: how autobiographical is the comic? We've had a bunch of comics here, like Plica, that were quite explicitly autobiographical to an extent while still featuring made-up characters and gags and such. If the married couple is based on a real one, I do hope they're happy together.

Ok, I just have to post this last part of the chapter early now:

Emzedoh posted:

Wakako-Zake 43.5th Night: Celebratory sake (Part 2 of 3)

Wakako-Zake 43.5th Night: Celebratory sake (Part 3 of 3)

And now, a word from the author:

Also I'm going to mention that those studies that found that drinking in moderation was healthy are now somewhat in doubt.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Emzedoh posted:

Also I'm going to mention that those studies that found that drinking in moderation was healthy are now somewhat in doubt.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hah, I wish.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

KennyMan666 posted:

Speaking of clowns I would also like to present yesterday's SMBC.

SimonChris posted:

I feel like there is material for a Nancy banker.bmp edit here, but I can't quite figure it out.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
No-one said it, so I'll say it.

Allicio is very pretty, and I kind of prefer this design over either of the other ones.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Chako: Relevant to the question of “does Chako know any other women”

She did, anyway.
With more or less regular appearances from both Mr. Melon Bread Melon and Nudity-Covering Deer, we’re kind of at peak Chako here.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Emzedoh posted:

Oh yeah, that was getting posted here, wasn't it? Poster got bored of it, I guess. Either that or they got disappeared by Dark Horse Comics.

"Piracy is good because it's like a demo for people who otherwise wouldn't have bought it" seems like a flimsy after-the-fact rationalization but the Mask posts ITT made me want to read more and I went out and bought both omnibus editions

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I like the vomiting blue water guy.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Thanks for the emptyquotes on the little GIF, haha

Emzedoh posted:

Ok, I just have to post this last part of the chapter early now:
Haha, thank you! I guess I missed by not following the comic at first, but I'm a bit surprised the comic's theme was meant to be "woman drinks on her own" and not "woman eats on her own (also featuring drinks!)". The difference is small but the comic definitely felt like it approached things food first. Cool stuff, thanks for posting!

Fingerpori

Korona/Couronne is a boardgame that's very well-known here (and I think Sweden?) Apparently it's a variation of the game Carrom.
Coronavirus is spelled "Koronavirus" in Finnish, so it's easy to make puns connecting the disease to the boardgame.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/25617/korona

ANSU

The Accidental Space Spy

Hempuli posted:

197 - What is happening?
198 - Rocks
199 - Trail
200 - Maze
201 - A second or two
202 - That really worked

The creature looks so forlorn
203 - Closet

204 - Dead end

205 - Not a rock

206 - It got me

Shim being heroic: 8
Plume being heroic: 4
Plume being a coward: 4
Alien species seen: 68
:biotruths:: 10
Talking character deaths: 14
Deaths overall: 46+

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I'm going to carve out some time to start posting Bad Machinery at some point, on account of it being good and landing close to home due to my past as a mystery solving northern teen.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Timelets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Spacetrawler

(Smaller image for some reason)