Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Yae Miko is strong on aggravate/spread teams. She's an electro support (like Fischl) who gains bonus damage from EM on her skill. Supports are good.

Yae Miko teams:

Nahida / Yae Miko / Tighnari / Zhongli

Alhaitham / Yae Miko / Fischl / Baizhu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Mailer posted:

Are people, in general, still super into the card game? It released and everyone seemed to love it then it kind of faded into the background. The last time I touched it was before the XQ nerf and looking at the 3.7 changes it looks like every deck I had is now bad.

Am I weird for having sort of fallen off of the card game itself, but thinking that a card game tournament filler event sounds like the best poo poo ever, story wise?

Oh my god what if we get to see Fischl meet Cyno in full Yugioh mode? :dance:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

So I'm 400ish EXP shy of level 50 on the battle pass and basically the last thing left is the buy stuff in someone else's tea pot challenge - is anyone around before the banner ends? My UID is 613345433.

Edit: Warning, I've basically never used coop in this game, I don't know how things work well.

Edit edit: Got a friend request from August, sure hoping that's one of you guys!

Edit edit edit: Thanks to August for getting me over the line!

Emzedoh fucked around with this message at 09:02 on May 22, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Captain France posted:

Am I weird for having sort of fallen off of the card game itself, but thinking that a card game tournament filler event sounds like the best poo poo ever, story wise?

Oh my god what if we get to see Fischl meet Cyno in full Yugioh mode? :dance:

They planted the seed of Cyno really wanting to play Yae way back in the first Fungi event they did, so I'm wanting Yae to have the most incredibly broken deck around, and Cyno just fuming/envious at how powerful it is.

I also don't want to see it or play her. Just have Cyno mope about his defeat, and everyone else whisper about how amazing she is as a player

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

I can only assume they've either secretly fully implemented Fontaine, or all the TCG art is saved as uncompressed 8k bitmaps.
its probably the former, at least partially. the patches towards the end of 2.x were big and people datamined out sumeru stuff.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I hate my yae. Possibly my favorite personality-wise in the game but god she sucks, I only ever use her with tighnari because her kit just fucks everyone else's up. If you're on the fence do her trial she doesn't ever feel better than that she's just like that. It's not like I'm sandbagging her artis either.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I’ve been tempted to roll for Yae every banner. Then I play her trial a few times and decide she’s just a little too clunky to enjoy.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I don't understand the idea that Yae (in her current incarnation) is clunky. You go skill-skill-skill swap, and every other rotation you burst and do your skill again. She has to be out for a little longer than most off-field DPS but apart from that her turrets Just Work, there's no plate-spinning tax to give them 100% uptime like Fischl or Kokomi, you don't have to do anything with your other characters to activate/maximize them, there's no requirement she stay on field after you do her rotations like Yaoyao, and also, she hits like a truck.

Granted I'm a dyed in the wool Tighnari main which is probably her best possible teammate, since he's basically her mirror image as an on-field DPS who wants to rotate out again as soon as he's pressed all his buttons, but even so.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 22, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wish her skill had some invuln frames on it but i like using yae and idk what you mean by 'her kit fucks everyone else's up,' she works in a lot of teams

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I don't understand the idea that Yae (in her current incarnation) is clunky. You go skill-skill-skill swap, and every other rotation you burst and do your skill again. She has to be out for a little longer than most off-field DPS but apart from that her turrets Just Work, there's no plate-spinning tax to give them 100% uptime like Fischl or Kokomi, you don't have to do anything with your other characters to activate/maximize them, there's no requirement she stay on field after you do her rotations like Yaoyao, and also, she hits like a truck.

Granted I'm a dyed in the wool Tighnari main which is probably her best possible teammate, since he's basically her mirror image as an on-field DPS who wants to rotate out again as soon as he's pressed all his buttons, but even so.
I see fischl's ER requirement as waaay less onerous than yae's gimmick. Also just having to EEE every 12 seconds is straight up annoying, 12 seconds is very short! Even convenient abilities can get stale to use that often. Tighnari mains should pull and use her in any case tho.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

MarcusSA posted:

Runs great on the steam deck!

I am about half way through Inazuma and I’m having a great time with it. I really like how you change the environment as you go as well.

How are you playing it on the steam deck?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I love my Miko. I love setting up AoE DoT skills with durations longer than their cooldowns, and clearing rooms without really knowing what's going on. Usually I've got her on 4GD, EM/Dmg/Crit, Hakushin, very relaxing non-rotations alongside Nahida. I call it, "good Cyno."

Also the brain worms won so now I've got the sumeru weapons from the weapons banner and this might be my favorite Dehya team lol. Hakushin Miko/Evenstar Nahida/Sac Frags Kokomi/Aquamarine Dehya. Green numbers happen. Who are they from? How much damage are these characters doing? Was that an overload? Truly incomprehensible.

Looking forward to the Miko C1 I'm inevitably gonna get pulling for the catgirl.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I finally limped through Delusion Factory the old-fashioned way -- by reluctantly removing Jean, by using a couple of revives in the early sections, and by lowering my World Level back to 6. I'd forgotten that it's possible to kill those lightning hammer bastards without breaking their shield.

I keep seeing Sucrose pop up in recommendations, and while I have her, I quite frankly have no idea how to use her effectively.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I really want to like Kaveh, but his numbers just aren’t that high and it’s just drat hard to hit stuff with blooms.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

delfin posted:

I finally limped through Delusion Factory the old-fashioned way -- by reluctantly removing Jean, by using a couple of revives in the early sections, and by lowering my World Level back to 6. I'd forgotten that it's possible to kill those lightning hammer bastards without breaking their shield.

I keep seeing Sucrose pop up in recommendations, and while I have her, I quite frankly have no idea how to use her effectively.

Pair her with off field damage dealers and normal attack to let swirl and VV do the work in damage. Use her skill when there are enemies grouped together to spread elemental auras. Use her burst to group enemies together. Also, be sure to avoid attacks or she will get smeared.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sexual Aluminum posted:

How are you playing it on the steam deck?

Just follow this guide.

https://www.steamdeckgaming.net/post/how-to-play-genshin-impact-on-steam-deck-steam-os

You’ll definitely want to use a dock though for a KB/ mouse till you get it set up.

Only issue I’ve ran into so far is crackling audio after leaving it sleep mode for a few days. Restarted the game and it fixed it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Yeah I've always found Yae to be way underrated. With the right gear and team she did silly amounts of damage before Dendro came out and has only gotten better since. The only real downside is taking three seconds on field rather than one (and if you're using Fischl optimally you'll be using her burst every other rotation anyway, so...) and her own burst being a bit overcosted. Otherwise she's the pinnacle of fire and forget.

... Granted I also tend to use her most often in a Tighnari-focused team these days so yeah I might be biased too. :downs:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I mean she fits very well with Tighnari, even die-hard yae haters have to acknowledge it. Even if you like her in other stuff too the tighnari fit is still probably gonna feel best.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I use Yae and Tighnari together in a team and they work great together. Tighnari naturally has downtime between his Skill/burst which is plenty of time for Yae to take field time to refill her turrets. Plus with an EM build, Yae's normal attacks do pretty good damage with the occasional aggravate.

As a minor thing, since I do a lot of two player co-op, they work well as a duo since they don't need the entire 4 person team as well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I finished up all the serious showdowns today in preparation for the 3.7 new cards. The feature could use some improvement imo because the dice fixing the AI gets in serious showdown (all their dice are omni) makes some characters so gross. Bennett with 8 pyro dice per turn is so freaking strong and ganyu is a menace. It's not that it's unbeatable it just feels bad having some characters be so crazy (and those two seem to show up in a lot of AI decks).

Also if anyone has a deck that uses maguu kenki in his sad nerfed state let me know, he's my only card below 10 friendship.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
*taps my "Yae Miko is amazing for many aforementioned reasons I've already detailed in this thread" sign*

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Don't you have C6?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yup, and she was fantastic before C6 too (hence why I even bothered)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Note Block posted:

*taps my "Yae Miko is amazing for many aforementioned reasons I've already detailed in this thread" sign*

I guess but Im not too keen on the 12 second switching. I’m bad enough at the game as it is.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i immediately gravitated to a bunch of 12-second characters, because pressing buttons and throwing particle effects everywhere rocks, and now i get thrown for a loop every time someone has a 20s rotation or i'm expected to actually make normal attacks

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

I guess but Im not too keen on the 12 second switching. I’m bad enough at the game as it is.

Some people like it, some don't! I personally don't play with her when I'm on the mobile app because it's a bit frustrating, but I love her tower defense style on PC and a straight EM build with her A4 is very set-it-and-forget-it as others have mentioned.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Pair her with off field damage dealers and normal attack to let swirl and VV do the work in damage. Use her skill when there are enemies grouped together to spread elemental auras. Use her burst to group enemies together. Also, be sure to avoid attacks or she will get smeared.

So the short answer is "an up-close glass cannon who's not for me," then. That's why Jean is my main -- because she can take a punch and trade shots and heal up while doing so. Also, I'm fuzzy on "off field damage dealers" unless you're talking about guys like Xingqiu who can trigger a Burst and let others do the hitting... but who has to be on the field himself to build energy and do it more than once in a while.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thats like, the entire game at high levels. you have 3 characters who work off field and one guy who works on field and you work in 12-18 second rotations of swapping everyone else in and doing their thing and then having the onfield guy go for a bit before you repeat.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

delfin posted:

So the short answer is "an up-close glass cannon who's not for me," then. That's why Jean is my main -- because she can take a punch and trade shots and heal up while doing so. Also, I'm fuzzy on "off field damage dealers" unless you're talking about guys like Xingqiu who can trigger a Burst and let others do the hitting... but who has to be on the field himself to build energy and do it more than once in a while.

That's exactly what everyone means. The goal is to make your on-screen character do as much damage as possible, and the easiest way to do it is for the other three characters to put down a turret or have water blades or have a circle that boosts attack. Being able to swap through characters fast is very common in the endgame.

For Sucrose, having Xinqiu and Fischl and Beidou is a popular team back in 1.x and 2.x (called Taser) that just kept Electrocharged going over and over again. It's all 4 stars and you can swap out pretty much any character for another if you want but Sucrose makes it pretty spicy with both Xinqiu's and Beidou's burst active, since those reduce damage and increase poise and do a little healing now and then too.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Endorph posted:

thats like, the entire game at high levels. you have 3 characters who work off field and one guy who works on field and you work in 12-18 second rotations of swapping everyone else in and doing their thing and then having the onfield guy go for a bit before you repeat.
Jean is an interesting example since she has some specific weirdness in her mechanics where she can work as an onfielder in particular comps, but I think her most common usage is as a pocket healer/battery for Xiao, and the whole idea of that comp is that Xiao wants to be onfield and in his burst as much as possible.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Remember, I'm returning from a year+ off. I have no one newer than Sucrose, Albedo and Xinyan, other than the two Dendro 4*s that it dropped in my lap.

Pretty much my entire gameplan is to use DendroMC -> Fischl for burst when possible, shield-counter with Beidou when that's a good option, mix in a needed element when needed for specific enemies, and have Jean as my main on-fielder so as to do solid damage and control the field with her force push, heal while stabbing things, and cycle her big heal circle as often as possible so that the others can tag back in. She's got about 5000 more HP than anyone else I have except Albedo, and the built-in heal makes her effective HP even higher, so she's by far my safest lead.

On the plus side, I finished Inazuma's main quest today and have seven koi to go for The Catch to make Xiangling more useful.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Holy wtf there’s a whole region under Inazuma wtf

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

No Wave posted:

I hate my yae. Possibly my favorite personality-wise in the game but god she sucks, I only ever use her with tighnari because her kit just fucks everyone else's up. If you're on the fence do her trial she doesn't ever feel better than that she's just like that. It's not like I'm sandbagging her artis either.

I gotta ask, what exactly about yae's personality do you like? I find her whole "smuggy mcsmuggerson queen of smug mountain, o also here's some hoops to jump through to make me deign to care about a problem which clearly affects me" thing to be completely insufferable and I'll gladly save my primos to roll for kazuha next patch instead on that basis alone

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Machado de Assis posted:

I gotta ask, what exactly about yae's personality do you like? I find her whole "smuggy mcsmuggerson queen of smug mountain, o also here's some hoops to jump through to make me deign to care about a problem which clearly affects me" thing to be completely insufferable and I'll gladly save my primos to roll for kazuha next patch instead on that basis alone

But you just described the good parts op?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Machado de Assis posted:

she clearly cares a lot about certain things and just plays coy in order to move things in the direction she wants. thats the recurring pattern in most of her appearances. i think that contrast between the demeanor she shows and the things she actually cares about is interesting.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Machado de Assis posted:

Well, I definitely do encourage you to save for Kazuha in any case. As for Yae's personality, you either like it or you don't I think.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

delfin posted:

That's just as a driver. Sucrose also works as a support. In this use case, she's Diet Kazuha and about 80% there.

Either way uses the same build, Viridescent Venerer with full Elemental Mastery. Ideally Sacrificial Fragments, Thrilling Tales is also a good choice for support.

Just get the element your main dps uses on the enemy, swap her in, use her burst if it's up, use her skill, possibly up to three times depending on sac frags and C1. She'll do decent damage, decent battery, very good crowd control, debuff resistance to the swirled element, and give a team wide EM buff.

As an added bonus, if you want to use her as a driver (on-field "dps" who does most of their damage through enabling their off field teammates' reactions) it's the same build.

--edit
I assume people defaulted to telling you about her as a driver because she's the only anemo driver and one of the best drivers in general. While as a CC/Buff/Debuff support she's either #2 or #3 depending on whether or not you're fighting things Venti can trivialize. Still, very good in both roles. Support Sucrose, like Kazuha, works well on . . .
basically any team that has a slot left open for her.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 23, 2023

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am eagerly excited to pull lots attempting to get Yun Jin and Kirara and getting a lot of Chongyuns.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I've been leaning toward trying to collect just archons and harbingers now that I feel like I have a team that basically gets poo poo done and I'm realizing how limited resources are, but Kazuha seems like the number one character people would suggest to make an exception for, right? And hell, I don't really like Venti much anyway, so if he's better than Venti maybe I'll just cross him off the collection list until/unless I end up with spare resources a long time from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kazuha's better than venti and is one of the strongest characters in the game but hes like a 10-20% improvement over sucrose largely, pull him if you want him but dont feel like you have to