Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Man, how dare this comic make me cry on the bus what the heck

This is one of the best things I’ve ever read

yeah that last issue hosed me up good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1016696

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Is Vamola actually gonna die? This manga isn't afraid to kill secondary characters, I feel, but I don1t know where she stands right now. Also, poor sci fi grandmas, couldn't even die fighting.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

gently caress EM UP MOMO

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hmm even the aliens call it big mama

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gently caress EM UP

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Crying Momo shares all the reader’s sentiments and is gonna gently caress poo poo UP

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

DANDANDAN: Momo’s Bizarre Adventure

Excited to see these aliens get turbo murdered.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
gently caress these aliens, let em have it Momo

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this buildup is so poo poo hot intense

this is how you MANGA, BABY

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Vamola is going to end up with the nerdy creep.

She going to fight mama isn’t she?

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb

gently caress EM UP MOMO

Electric Phantasm posted:

gently caress EM UP

the unabonger posted:

gently caress these aliens, let em have it Momo

:hai:

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
All this backstory buildup to the Sumerian god suit and its importance to this interstellar alien war is conveniently downplaying Kuchisake-Onna bulldozing it instantly.

Which is going to be a hell of a payoff when she shows up out of nowhere to Brock Lesnar everyone in this fight because of her beef with Momo.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 16, 2023

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Oh geez, so much has happened that I completely forgot that Momo's got a(nother) target on her back.

Looking forward to more Humans vs. Ghosts vs. Aliens free-for-all action.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Don’t forget the Kito family/subterraneans are also waiting in the wings to be creepy and terrible in the future too

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Desumaytah posted:

All this backstory buildup to the Sumerian god suit and it's importance to this interstellar alien war is conveniently downplaying Kuchisake-Onna bulldozing it instantly.

Which is going to be a hell of a payoff when she shows up out of nowhere to Brock Lesnar everyone in this fight because of her beef with Momo.

There still is a very good reason Earth hasn't wound up like the Sumerian planet.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
RIP to your battle granny but earth's battle grannies are just built different

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Brought To You By posted:

There still is a very good reason Earth hasn't wound up like the Sumerian planet.

I would posit that it's quite possible that Earth is the Sumerian planet.

Ancient Sumer was one of the first civilizations on record. As far as we know, they invented printed script in the form of cuneiform tablets. One of the Vamola-centric chapters has her looking through the monster suit through a Terminator-style HUD with cuneiform characters.

What I'm saying is, the ziggurats built the aliens, who, in turn, built the pyramids.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Desumaytah posted:

I would posit that it's quite possible that Earth is the Sumerian planet.

Ancient Sumer was one of the first civilizations on record. As far as we know, they invented printed script in the form of cuneiform tablets. One of the Vamola-centric chapters has her looking through the monster suit through a Terminator-style HUD with cuneiform characters.

What I'm saying is, the ziggurats built the aliens, who, in turn, built the pyramids.

This was explained a few chapters ago. The alien Sumerians’ ancestors were human Sumerians who travelled there long ago from Earth via pyramid

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

One thing I've noticed in recent (non Vamola-exclusive chapters) is that we're not seeing a lot of Okarun. At the end of the most recent chapter, on the page where we see everyone's reaction to Vamola's story, his face is turned away, even as he's in the center. Like at this point he's Goku running along Snake Way and I'm expecting him to do something absolutely ludicrous with the whole "the key is in the spirals" thing he got from the Grannies.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

RatHat posted:

This was explained a few chapters ago. The alien Sumerians’ ancestors were human Sumerians who travelled there long ago from Earth via pyramid

Somehow I missed this, but yeah, makes sense. A lot of stuff can happen in a single chapter of this manga, even with all the absolutuly sick art during fight scenes.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MachuPikacchu posted:

One thing I've noticed in recent (non Vamola-exclusive chapters) is that we're not seeing a lot of Okarun. At the end of the most recent chapter, on the page where we see everyone's reaction to Vamola's story, his face is turned away, even as he's in the center. Like at this point he's Goku running along Snake Way and I'm expecting him to do something absolutely ludicrous with the whole "the key is in the spirals" thing he got from the Grannies.

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but Okarun's dead. I know it's sad, but it's time to move on.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

MachuPikacchu posted:

Oh absolutely. Last time we saw him in full he put his game face on while eating in an epic panel. He’s going to show up and kick a lot off butt. He already did so in the first fight and now he’s motivated.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ytlaya posted:

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but Okarun's dead. I know it's sad, but it's time to move on.

Yeah he's dead

Dead serious about helping his friends!!!

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1016644

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I'm 95% certain Rokuro just injected himself into Vamola via nanomachines or something. He's not gone and I don't fully trust his motives even now

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

gotta love a manga where a teenage girl tells a bunch of aliens in xenomorph suits and exoskeletons that she is going to beat the living poo poo out of them

LFG

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

gently caress EM UP MOMO

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

dandadan, baby

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Send those fuckers packing Momo, you got this!!!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:hellyeah:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I can’t be the only one who feared just died for realz

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I really like how much Momo tore up the background in the final few panels of this chapter. It really does a good job of showing how pissed she is, and how much she's gonna beat the poo poo out of that alien.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
"Come at me. I'm gonna beat the living poo poo out of you" :allears: She really is her grandmother's granddaughter

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1016549

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

weekly publication btw

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
:kamina:

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
drat, now they'll have the anti-spirals on their asses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gently caress yeah!