Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Anjali Bhimani...hello

There's so much cracking up in the first ten minutes, these first episodes are always so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I'm excited to see a recipe for a pickled cream-filled blueberry.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I was under the impression that the blueberries were pickled and then sitting in like a whipped cream. Which, like, I could buy as being good. You quick-pickle the blueberry in vinegar and some spices and herbs then you combine the sour with the sweetness of a whipped cream? Nice.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, to be honest Shriek Week never grabbed me well.

I think Gabe Hicks handled the game well and I enjoyed the characters but I struggle to imagine a game less suited to be adapted into a TTRPG then a Dating Sim.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Brennan’s Maester Pycelle act is very good

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
The reveal at the end of the first Adventuring Party episode was incredible. I laughed whilst contemplating throwing my phone across the room

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Matt Mercer breathily whispering Slam it down big style lives rent-free in my head

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm shocked he treats some characters like a piece of meat.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
my god, this finale

e: my god, this finale

Max Peck fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 16, 2023

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
You know, Battle Royale was uneven at times, but this finale really made up for it.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Ally was killing me at the end there

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, Ally's bit was just insane.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I am totally shocked that my guess was wrong.

What an amazing episode. Everyone rules. The messages from family bit was somehow the most unhinged thing in an episode that was just insane the whole way through.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Holy poo poo that finale.

I will say, during the jury, I only caught half of stuff because goddamn my wife and I were obsessing over Ify and his thickness.

He's like a real life Johnny Bravo

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Izzy losing her mind at the very idea of pottery was good. Everything after was gravy.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I was happy with the winner. :3 That whole thing was a lot of fun. I both love and hate Izzy for getting smell yo dick stuck in my head again, I had blessedly forgotten it existed.

A friend of mine gave me a dropout subscription a few months back and I have been enjoying all of it. I had only ever seen a few college humor videos here and there before. There are so many really funny and talented people involved and they seem like they are pretty cool and kind.

I love dimension 20. I just finished watching them all. The new one is already great. Zac's character cracks me up, and I love how happy and excited Brennan is.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Vic should have won pottery. :colbert:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Vic should have won pottery. :colbert:

Nah. Jake, like with the sandwiches, changed the game instead of going into the one-upmanship and I think that is what really made it great. Also the loving timing with the final line was perfect

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I was really kind of hoping that Izzy was going to upside down wall twerk to make her pottery

Schrute Nation
May 29, 2007
Ha,Ha...Thought you could keep me out didja?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Nah. Jake, like with the sandwiches, changed the game instead of going into the one-upmanship and I think that is what really made it great. Also the loving timing with the final line was perfect

Also his first round with charming Sam's mom was also a brilliant move. Dude is in touch with his feelings and it's a strength. I think he took his eye off the ball when he chose to focus on using psychedelics instead of their uses. But it was a rare misstep.

Jake is great and I hope to see more of him!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Very much enjoyed the Survivor finale, especially the full-set horrified pause after Jake's challenge started with dumping that bowl of water (and the way Laganja played it off as "I'm not important enough to be angry")

Just starting up The Ravening War now and on top of the cast being excellent, I'd forgotten the tonal whiplash the series gives you with Game of Throne's-esque politicking mixed in with lines like "Jessica Rabbit as a mango" and "knight yam-riders, it's yam rears up!"

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Pleads posted:

I'd forgotten the tonal whiplash the series gives you with Game of Throne's-esque politicking mixed in with lines like "Jessica Rabbit as a mango" and "knight yam-riders, it's yam rears up!"

This is my favorite part of it, and I love the fact it's just going to keep happening.

Has it been announced how many episodes The Ravening War is going to run for?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the wiki lists 6, but I don't know where they're pulling that number from.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

karmicknight posted:

the wiki lists 6, but I don't know where they're pulling that number from.

There's usually a FAQ that goes up on the Dropout Discord for each new season that lists stuff like that.

Edit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTpk2t_dkLw9_OzbTV-tvUss4g05PmCqvErsYz27ub7FPyUq4BhLeqrYCy1ZBsz0Dk6Zm_mSA3ncoio/pub

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Schrute Nation posted:

Also his first round with charming Sam's mom was also a brilliant move. Dude is in touch with his feelings and it's a strength. I think he took his eye off the ball when he chose to focus on using psychedelics instead of their uses. But it was a rare misstep.

Jake is great and I hope to see more of him!

I keep randomly remembering the phrase Rats and Angels and it makes me chuckle every time

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Good grief Johnny Stanton is large. (also, yay, more um, actually!)

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Trailer for the new season of Make Some Noise:
https://youtu.be/iJQ93UuhkLA

Yes, that's motherfucking Wayne Brady.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I pity/envy the folks who have to go up against Wayne Brady.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I Am Fowl posted:

Looks like one of them is Ross Bryant, and he's no slouch so it should be a good episode.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

seaborgium posted:

Looks like one of them is Ross Bryant, and he's no slouch so it should be a good episode.

Whoever loses, we all win.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

I Am Fowl posted:

Like Josh and Brennan when they went up against Michael Winslow

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Like Josh and Brennan when they went up against Michael Winslow

Exactly. Or when Sam brought in Giancarlo Esposito and they were just starstruck. It's pretty funny when he brings in a ringer.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I Am Fowl posted:

Exactly. Or when Sam brought in Giancarlo Esposito and they were just starstruck. It's pretty funny when he brings in a ringer.

Or a scab

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

I Am Fowl posted:

Wait when was this?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

whydirt posted:

Wait when was this?

Covid season of Gamechanger.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
TBH, not to pick on Wayne Brady or anything, he's obviously a legend in improv, but the stuff Zach and Jess do in terms of musical improv is at his level or even better IMO.

I'm looking forward to the episode but I don't think he's going to absolutely wipe the floor with everyone or anything.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

enki42 posted:

TBH, not to pick on Wayne Brady or anything, he's obviously a legend in improv, but the stuff Zach and Jess do in terms of musical improv is at his level or even better IMO.

I'm looking forward to the episode but I don't think he's going to absolutely wipe the floor with everyone or anything.

Meanwhile, even Erika admits she is gonna get wrecked by Brennan and Izzy

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Meanwhile, even Erika admits she is gonna get wrecked by Brennan and Izzy

It's okay she likes it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/samreich/status/1661101672498880514?t=AIIKkqfl2JflegJtA8KP3w&s=19

Well I am already hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

OH NO THEY'RE ALL STUCK IN THE GREEN ROOM AGAIN