Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Imagining a version of the Key & Peele Urkel sketch, but about the Simpsons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

No idea what the hell any of this means but when I try to visualize it I see something like a Hieronymus Bosch painting that's very yellow.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Was that written by an AI?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

hatty posted:

Was that written by an AI?

AI Jean

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
goobie woo?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

John Woo's non-union Goblin equivalent.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

So if I read that correctly, Lizzo is playing a character named Goobie Woo and Homer and Marge have marital problems for the umpteenth time and Goobie Woo calls Homer a bitch in a song.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

And Marge has a twerking robot butler.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Is that twice that Homer's been called out in song this month?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I hate when they do that!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

iamsosmrt posted:

Is that twice that Homer's been called out in song this month?

I was just about to ask this :ironicat:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAlm63dYicY

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Just going to leave this here again since we need to bear witness once in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlRV6yxZUSQ

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Last Chance posted:

Just going to leave this here again since we need to bear witness once in a while

gently caress off

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

emgeejay posted:

I've heard that the first time Futurama ended, much of the writing team moved to American Dad and were responsible for that show's best seasons.

Wait, seriously? That could explain some things...

They lost me at "Goobie Woo"

edit: it sounds like a baby trying to say Scooby Doo or something, ugh

edit2: or an adult mimicking a baby trying to say Scooby Doo, double ugh

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I legit don’t know if this is real. Tried to check & was amused to discover nobody is bothering to make Wikipedia articles for new eps & AV club stopped reviewing them.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Well the Lizzo episode airs tonight. So she's definitely on thee show. That could be real or could be some AI script. It's literally 50/50 because it's completely plausible.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Last Chance posted:

:barf:

Bum the Sad posted:

gently caress off

it's even more disgusting when you realize that was done not recently but ELEVEN YEARS AGO :suicide:

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

it's even more disgusting when you realize that was done not recently but ELEVEN YEARS AGO :suicide:

That's how time works?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
searching youtube for an amateur amv doesnt show anything but if a amv did exist, it would probably be better.

like even a 00s kid trying their best would output a better product.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Well the Lizzo episode airs tonight. So she's definitely on thee show. That could be real or could be some AI script. It's literally 50/50 because it's completely plausible.

Oh god. It's all real. All of it. At least Lizzo doesn't sound like her larynx may fall out at any second.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

Wait, seriously? That could explain some things...

They lost me at "Goobie Woo"

edit: it sounds like a baby trying to say Scooby Doo or something, ugh

edit2: or an adult mimicking a baby trying to say Scooby Doo, double ugh

Well it's the name of Maggie's Happy Tree Elf doll

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They're all real. Nobody has ever posted a fake Simpsons synopsis itt.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Song aside the episode was OK. I liked some of the gags of Homer in Hell.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Episode 749: Clown V. Board of Education.

Synopsis: Krusty opens a school for clowning, and it becomes the most successful thing he’s ever done. Fat Tony appears and threatens Krusty into going into business with him so the Mafia can take over the school.

Just… what the hell? The laziness is a downer.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
In a one from who knows when, like a month ago, Homer loses his wedding ring down a crack in the floorboards and goes into the crawl space to find it and gets sprayed by a bunch of skunks. Marge impresses the kids by getting rid of the smell by shoving all the clothes in a pillowcase with some random crap in it (baking soda, bay leaves and salt and other poo poo). Lisa convinces her to bring this method to the homeless, who all become much more successful because of it. The Rich Texan gives Marge money to start a nonprofit.

Lisa wants to switch their ingredients to brands that don't use slave labor, so Marge has to try to raise money. She gets tips from Dr. Hibbert's wife, who sings a song about it.

https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons/status/1652828707512279041

The nonprofit grows fast and Marge gets into "raising awareness" with their brand of blue as the ribbons. Lisa finds out she's taking money from Mr. Burns and accuses Marge of "blue washing" the reputations of bad companies. Marge forces Lisa out of the charity. Homer gives Lisa advice on how to get fired (6 stages: anger, pretending to still have a job, misdirected anger, glowering without showering, locked-in acceptance, buying podcasting equipment but never unboxing it).

Marge's board full of doctor's wives don't want to actually do the charity work anymore, and she realizes Lisa was right. She skips out on a big fundraiser and runs into Gil who she helped earlier. He's back on the street because his low-income housing got demolished to build her foundation's extravagant headquarters. Marge tells off all the people at the fundraiser off and Lisa lets all the homeless people into the fundraiser.

Mr. Burns gives a speech that's basically a pitch for the government doing charity work rather than individuals, but sarcastically. His voice sounds worse than ever.

https://twitter.com/leftiblog/status/1657166973917347840

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Crazy thing is...it's true. All of it. Goobie Woo, Sasha Flute. It's all true.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Now that VR is past its prime, I think it would be a perfect opportunity for a Virtual Bart adaptation. It was already bad back then, but I know they can make it worse to match the modern standards. Just do a Disney+ miniseries. And especially make it during the writer strike to get that extra low quality in there.

Instead of the Mad Max parody, we can do some kind of modern tie in promotion. Instead of the impossible baby Bart thing, they can do some new and interesting retcon. And instead of the funny Homer stuck in the water slide bit everyone loved, we can do some new reference from the last 10 years that people who actually still watch this poo poo will remember. The Dinosaur and Corn Dog level episodes can be a We're Back parody or something. I dunno. I'm not going to look up what dinos Disney owns or not.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Crazy thing is...it's true. All of it. Goobie Woo, Sasha Flute. It's all true.

Don't you dare quote Futurama in here!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Episode 749: Clown V. Board of Education.

Synopsis: Krusty opens a school for clowning, and it becomes the most successful thing he’s ever done. Fat Tony appears and threatens Krusty into going into business with him so the Mafia can take over the school.

Just… what the hell? The laziness is a downer.

They got the title first, then started working backwards but got bored and did a knockoff Homie the Clown.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
In the one from earlier this month, the town gets invaded by gross red caterpillars. The infestation is so bad that the town is put into lockdown.

A few lockdown plots play out
- Bart spies on Skinner, who does not turn off his camera after virtual school. Skinner is being completely outdone by a visiting cousin (Rob Lowe) who is much better at working Agnes than he is. The kids of Springfield feel bad for Skinner and set up a trap for Rob Lowe to prove to Agnes he's full of poo poo.
- Lisa is driven nuts by doomscrolling about the caterpillars. Homer distracts her with her a barbie playset but her anxieties just spill over into the dolls. There's a very dumb sequence of Lisa hallucinating herself as one of the dolls.
- Maggie won't eat anything without ranch. Marge and Homer invade Ned's apocalypse supplies to get more. Ned and Homer have a big fight using all his supplies. Marge talks them down.

Lockdown ends with all the catepillars becoming a butterfly infestation.

OK episode? Some decent covid lockdown humor 3 years too late.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

PostNouveau posted:

humor 3 years too late.

This is par for the show.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

So, uh, if y’all ever needed to see Marge’s twerking robot butler in action, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2FOvsWI69E

:shepicide:

You Are A Werewolf fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 23, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hrist posted:

Virtual Bart

Bad game, but I'll always remember the manual typo that calls one of the levels pork factory bart pig

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Mr Interweb posted:

I'm still mad. I'm still very fuckin mad. I'll never get over it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

You Are A Elf posted:

So, uh, if y’all ever needed to see Marge’s twerking robot butler in action, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2FOvsWI69E

:shepicide:

we found it, the lowest point. close the thread

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

You Are A Elf posted:

This is par for the show.

I decided to whole hog Succession this year and was repeatedly impressed by how it seemed to nail all these business scandals before they became news. It's because business scandals are perennial, of course, but it really gives a sharp voice to the show when you see say, the Disney cruise line scandal and think "Holy gently caress, Succession really nailed it."

Simpsons is... the opposite of that.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Is this episode the most Dr. Hibbert's wife has ever spoken?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

When I was trying to find episode summaries it was amusing to see the two big Simpson wikis are apparently vandalizing each other and it’s not being cleaned up particularly fast. A good chunk of new Star Trek is trash but at least the episodes have proper Memory Alpha write ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Have they done an episode where Homer becomes a Wikipedia vandal yet? Where somehow his edits change history and he has to get things back to normal with the help of a time traveller played by... let's say Dwight from The Office?