Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Appointing more mods is part of the solution. The other half is fixing the whack rear end report queue and starting probing people who report a post with poo poo like "this guy is a huge chode and i dont like this post".

Like yes, we can hire more people to use buckets to bail the ship out, but we could also fix the holes in the ship and stop people drilling more of them too at the same time. Gbs getting hundreds of reports a week is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Make me IK and ban anyone who submits a request for a thread title change

Also take away Vincent Van Goatse's report button and that will clear up 2/3rds of your reports lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I vote for nom epique purely for the absolute seething rage it will induce amongst some of the more sensitive posters.

I don't say this lightly but this would genuinely be a better result than smugworth

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I vote for nom epique purely for the absolute seething rage it will induce amongst some of the more sensitive posters.

If you really wanted to rile up the anti-GBS crowd you could vote for me. I wouldn't take the job, though.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Drone_Fragger posted:

Appointing more mods is part of the solution. The other half is fixing the whack rear end report queue and starting probing people who report a post with poo poo like "this guy is a huge chode and i dont like this post".

Like yes, we can hire more people to use buckets to bail the ship out, but we could also fix the holes in the ship and stop people drilling more of them too at the same time. Gbs getting hundreds of reports a week is insane.

The report system desperately needs an overhaul. The most obvious being allowing more than one person to report a post, the more people report it the more it gets escalated as a priority in the reports system. That seems like a relatively easy way to at least take a stab at catching the more horrible stuff.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I also think Slugworth would make a great mod

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 22, 2023

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Smugworth and nooner
Seriously

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ll be a mod but I forewarn you I phone post so I will have a short fuse and an iron fist.

However, I will be fair in my rule. Friend and foe alike will suffer the same punishment should they break any of our hallowed GBS laws.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Oh, I've never thought about if mod tools work on the app? Probably not, y'all must phone browser post surely?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Charles Bukowski posted:

Oh, I've never thought about if mod tools work on the app? Probably not, y'all must phone browser post sure?

Yeah they don't work on the app. If I need to throw down a probe I just open the browser, it's not that hard. :shrug:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Charles Bukowski posted:

Oh, I've never thought about if mod tools work on the app? Probably not, y'all must phone browser post surely?

Pretty sure there isn’t a mod mode for the Awful app, so you’d need to use a phone browser.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I had my doubts about Smugworth for mod, on account of how he's just a reflection of me that escaped from a mirror in a haunted house, but I'm really coming around on him.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

No one has suggested Smugworth, everyone is talking about Slugworth. Two different posters, get it straight.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
No one said no to my proposal so I guess thats makes me IK. My first act will be to chain probe Greg of Doom until management agrees: it's time to get rid of Greg of Doom

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Slugworth posted:

I had my doubts about Smugworth for mod, on account of how he's just a reflection of me that escaped from a mirror in a haunted house, but I'm really coming around on him.

Yup. Slugworth is the right person for mod. Perhaps even assistant to the assistant (T'vark) to the head moderator (Seth)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

please vote for me i will permaban bust rodd, driftingmouse, and xjakk if they ever post in the RLM thread again

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
SADlads keep agitating for mods in GBS but when we say 'yes, give buttons to smug/slugworth and nom epique' they turn away.

What would it take to get more mods and IKs?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Make me a mod, i pledge to ignore the rules and probe solely posts i personally dislike

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

have we looked into AI moderation? youtube does it and they're one of the biggest sites on the internet, hard to argue with that kind of success

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I have an enemiew list written up and I want each of them to be a mod. As punishmenr.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bad Purchase posted:

have we looked into AI moderation? youtube does it and they're one of the biggest sites on the internet, hard to argue with that kind of success

Train an ai on all the actions of the modmins which were exposed as horrible creeps, then do the opposite of what it suggests.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

those MuadDib Atreides posts were pretty funny

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Saucer Hovers posted:

those MuadDib Atreides posts were pretty funny

Looks like another vote for moderator :hai:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I heard we are gonna get new mods?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Nooner posted:

I heard we are gonna get new mods?

its u

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

These new mods suck

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Oh, well, back to the drawing board. :shrug:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

These new mods suck

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Space Kablooey posted:

please vote for me i will permaban bust rodd, driftingmouse, and xjakk if they ever post in the RLM thread again

:patriot:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Solefald posted:

Yeah they don't work on the app. If I need to throw down a probe I just open the browser, it's not that hard. :shrug:

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Pretty sure there isn’t a mod mode for the Awful app, so you’d need to use a phone browser.

wow. between this and learning about reports weighing equally, i cant believe i didnt find something awful as ruins. i cant believe anyone bothers moderating at all

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I just want to point out that gbs isn't forum id 1, and it should be. god bless

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

or drat your eyes, take your pick

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Forum 1 is the old archived gbs.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vote for me as the new mod of GBS.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Nooner, Nom, and Smugworth. True representation for YOUR GBS.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I just want to point out that gbs isn't forum id 1, and it should be. god bless

working on it

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Make me a mod, i pledge to ignore the rules and probe solely posts i personally dislike

This poster is a good mod candidate imo.

Also Nooner, Smugworth and Literally a Person. Just make them mods and if they gently caress up just de-mod them it isn't a big deal jfc.

The biggest lol dumbass galaxy brain move would be letting the people who only complain pick a mod, because lmao. It's like letting racists pick who heads a minority focused charity lol.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

syntaxfunction posted:

This poster is a good mod candidate imo.

Also Nooner, Smugworth and Literally a Person. Just make them mods and if they gently caress up just de-mod them it isn't a big deal jfc.

The biggest lol dumbass galaxy brain move would be letting the people who only complain pick a mod, because lmao. It's like letting racists pick who heads a minority focused charity lol.

:dafuq:

SF, I've served my time.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

syntaxfunction posted:

that's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I've almost integrated back into normal society.