Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

LAP is a crazed psychopath who should never be allowed to be a mod. What a terrifying thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

syntaxfunction posted:

The biggest lol dumbass galaxy brain move would be letting the people who only complain pick a mod, because lmao. It's like letting racists pick who heads a minority focused charity lol.

Lol this is exactly what’s going to happen.

Also Literally A Person was already a mod and uh, let’s just say he came back a little “different”.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Also Literally A Person was already a mod and uh, let’s just say he came back a little “different”.

:2monocle:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Sometimes dead is better

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I am a hosed up individual now.

Dick Fontaine posted:

Sometimes dead is better

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

no one with a nice av like lap could be hosed up

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Literally A Person posted:

Well sure but look at that av! :allears:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Yeah we've seen your avatar.

I feel at this point maybe the thread is getting a bit chatty. I understand that our head moderator, Seth, is being held hostage by the FYAD crew until their demands are met, and unfortunately cannot post the :sweep: signal to notify the good posters of GBS to knock it off.

Unfortunately, as someone who is not a moderator, I can't do so either. Hands are tied :shrug:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Mr T moderATE my balls lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
FYAD getting more and more horny with each probe. They must be really enjoying the opportunity to defile a prominent GBS moderator.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Given my extensive and diverse rap sheet, I believe I would make a great mod. I've put in the work. Thank you in advance.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

Given my extensive and diverse rap sheet, I believe I would make a great mod. I've put in the work. Thank you in advance.

There's only a handful of posters who have been permabanned but lived to post about it

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

syntaxfunction posted:

This poster is a good mod candidate imo.

Also Nooner, Smugworth and Literally a Person. Just make them mods and if they gently caress up just de-mod them it isn't a big deal jfc.

The biggest lol dumbass galaxy brain move would be letting the people who only complain pick a mod, because lmao. It's like letting racists pick who heads a minority focused charity lol.

I used to respect you.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Smugworth posted:

There's only a handful of posters who have been permabanned but lived to post about it

Maybe Bum the Sad can be his assistant.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

Maybe Bum the Sad can be his assistant.

I was thinking Sid tbh

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh Sid would be much better, he's a darling.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I've almost integrated back into normal society.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ew. Gross. You're gross.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Ew. Gross. You're gross.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

all admins and mods should be forced to use this avatar

to remind them that power is not a boon but a burden

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
That avatar was a gift.

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
And it keeps giving

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Welcome back king :worship:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Valko posted:

I used to respect you.

... Why?

Also I am perfectly aware LAP was a mod, I remember the drunk sticky spree. I didn't think y'all would take it so seriously lol.

Realistically I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to pool the audience for suggestions for mods. I'm sure Seth, Aardo and co are perfectly capable of identifying people who can do the job. I really don't encourage them to take suggestions from posters, who are all far more biased and with their own interests, regardless of where they normally post.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I would like the decision to result in the most comedy in our comedy forum.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

... Why?

Also I am perfectly aware LAP was a mod, I remember the drunk sticky spree. I didn't think y'all would take it so seriously lol.

Realistically I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to pool the audience for suggestions for mods. I'm sure Seth, Aardo and co are perfectly capable of identifying people who can do the job. I really don't encourage them to take suggestions from posters, who are all far more biased and with their own interests, regardless of where they normally post.

A lot of awful mods and IKs were made because someone made a lolrandom joke suggestion and everyone decided to lolrandom hype themselves up over it until it became serious and convinced the admins it was a good idea.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Kchama posted:

A lot of awful mods and IKs were made because someone made a lolrandom joke suggestion and everyone decided to lolrandom hype themselves up over it until it became serious and convinced the admins it was a good idea.

Nooner is the last person who should be a mod.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Agreed. First Smugworth, then LAP, and only then, Nooner.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Kchama posted:

Yeah, the last paragraph of what you quoted is the part that should be paid attention to.

Really hope the mods are not doing a wordcloud of usernames for mod submissions. Please, Seth, tell me you aren't doing exactly that, and definitely do not post images of exactly that.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I would like the decision to result in the most comedy in our comedy forum.

Altho conversely, this is a good point.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Forum 1 is the old archived gbs.

a tragic fate

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

do not mod anyone asking to be a mod

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

You'll get voluntold to be a mod that way.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I disagree mod everyone who asks (who isn't obviously going to be an insanely bad choice). Keep the ones that work and demod the ones that don't.

Our community is not so large anymore that we should be pushing away people that want to volunteer instead doing it grudgingly.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ll do it if I can have a customized broom that only I can use.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Geemer posted:

You'll get voluntold to be a mod that way.

Ask somebody else to ask for you to be asked to become a mod, duh

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Does no one remember jjcoolj

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
So on the story of mods, we are looking at candidates for them and for IKs. We also do like ideas of who may be good mods because we can't read every thread and we like to source them from the community. There may be posters whom we don't always see but are great contributors. Those who have a trusted bond with the posters they manage.

In that vein let me welcome our new mods Slugworth and nom epique!