Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Arkanian posted:

This makes me curious what sort of situations that covers that the Shi Association's mandate does not.

Assassinations and duels are different things. Expectations of stealth for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Yinlock posted:

I'm guessing there's a group that is the equlivent of the smug enlightened philospoher people from Demian who all have the Mark, but I could also be off the mark as things obviously aren't going to be 100% based on the books.

True, but the general concept of those philosophers could appear, and it'll be filled with characters that the Sinners know.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tellaris posted:

That is actually an interesting point, I wonder if we will get more gimmicky EGOs to make up for their presumably higher attack power and more resistances, or if they will just cost a bajillion resources.

Hopefully we get a gimmicky-rear end Today's Shy Look EGO to make up for how boring its dungeon item is

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
At a minimum I imagine some WAW and ALEPH EGO will be multi-coin, because that's the real limiter on EGO power right now. Those higher-rarirty EGO will also probably have much more powerful Corrosions than their normal effects, to make them more appealing to Overclock and more dangerous to accidentally Corrode.

I'd also expect that at least some of the WAW will have non-Indiscriminate Corrosions, so that you're using them as "break glass in case of emergency" buttons to deliberately Corrode when you're low on SP. Even if you don't have a more dangerous ALEPH Corrosion to avoid, going from -15 SP or lower back to 0 SP is going to be a serious boon to your damage and your ability to win clashes. Two those turns of a powerful Corrosion effect might also turn around whatever put you at negative SP to begin with. Them being non-Indiscriminate also allows you to safely use them for Unstable Overclock when you just need a big effect right now.

The real question is what kind of color fixing they'll be adding when we do get those higher rarity EGO. Five actions a turn has been established as standard for hard content and HE Ego are currently 6-9 Sin, so WAW and ALEPH are naturally going to be more expensive than that. They can't tune them exclusively for Railway, and no other mode has you stocking up that many Sins before a fight. In that light, I expect we'll start getting attacks and passives that can generate additional Sins when we start getting WAW and ALEPH EGO. It'll be interesting to see how things change with EGO when you can reliably generate 6-8 Sins on a five action turn.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Honestly I'm hoping this new wave of EGO fills in gaps. Ryoshu and Heathcliff are missing TETHs, Sinclair and Gregor are missing HEs

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Assassinations and duels are different things. Expectations of stealth for example.

I'm assuming. Don meant that they specialized in 1-on-1 combat rather than group fighting like the Liu -- I'd find it a bit odd if formalized dueling was so common in the city that it needs it's own association. And I'm not sure what situations there'd be where you can *know* that your fights will be 1-on-1 rather than group-vs-group beyond "I need someone to fight this one specific person." And wanting one specific person dead is what you go to the Shi for.

Edit: Or to rephrase, what I'm curious about is why 1-on-1 combat that *isn't* just wanting that one specific person dead is so common in the city that it needs its own association the way that assassinations and warfare do.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 21, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Arkanian posted:

I'm assuming. Don meant that they specialized in 1-on-1 combat rather than group fighting like the Liu -- I'd find it a bit odd if formalized dueling was so common in the city that it needs it's own association. And I'm not sure what situations there'd be where you can *know* that your fights will be 1-on-1 rather than group-vs-group beyond "I need someone to fight this one specific person." And wanting one specific person dead is what you go to the Shi for.

Edit: Or to rephrase, what I'm curious about is why 1-on-1 combat that *isn't* just wanting that one specific person dead is so common in the city that it needs its own association the way that assassinations and warfare do.

Isn't the Seven Associate an Information Office? Meaning that if you do espionnage, you're more likely to find one person rather than a group of person so duel would be more useful than a big group.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm still not 100% on if Seven Association are spies or detectives. Or both.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Dante's Notes: Cinq gets it's own section: single-combat and dueling requests, duels are kinda rare, Cinq can 'stand in' for someone who thinks their rear end is going to get beat, and because they don't get too many requests, they're also the conferences/collaboration Association. More bits on Abnos and Enkaphalin but not much.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
So I finally managed to Uptie Sinclair's N-Corp to Tier III and I got to say, the text was really chilling. You could almost see the words [BAD END] printed on it.

It's a good counterpoint to the Jefe's story bit, where Emil does self-actualize and becomes a true leader. A murderous thug but his minions seem to genuinely respect him. He still has the "baby bird" vibe in that he needs a prod.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 22, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

KobunFan posted:

So I finally managed to Uptie Sinclair's N-Corp to Tier III and I got to say, the text was really chilling. You could almost see the words [BAD END] printed on it.

It's a good counterpoint to the Jefe's story bit, where Emil does self-actualize and becomes a true leader. A murderous thug but his minions seem to genuinely respect him. He still has the "baby bird" vibe in that he needs a prod.

And yet the tiny chick shall become the most beautiful of swan

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I HAVE GOTTEN N CORP FAUST, FINALLY. Through Shards, admittedly, but still. That just leaves N Corp Meursault which... honestly, I don't think I'll be able to snag via shards before the Season rollover, so I'm cool with that one being something I wait for luck to give me.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
So uh... in Ruina when do I get to burn books again? There's a card I just realized I don't have any copies of but my library's been locked for like 20 fights now. Just finished the Keter realization, next fight is Ensemble redux.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Redmark posted:

So uh... in Ruina when do I get to burn books again? There's a card I just realized I don't have any copies of but my library's been locked for like 20 fights now. Just finished the Keter realization, next fight is Ensemble redux.

You get to burn books again after the game is totally finished, or if you reset your progress to right before the first Ensemble fight.

Realistically though you're already past the hardest fight in the game, so you don't actually need more pages for anything besides completionism.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Ah. I was mainly just annoyed that I was checking out Philip's key page, and his unique card affects another card (Blazing whatchamacallit) that I don't own :argh:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I'm starting to wonder about the manager level limit. I'm up to 51 and still raising the enkephalin limit, though at the current rate I won't hit 240 (24 hours) until manager level 270.

Anyone with gacha experience have a guess?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

LostRook posted:

I'm starting to wonder about the manager level limit. I'm up to 51 and still raising the enkephalin limit, though at the current rate I won't hit 240 (24 hours) until manager level 270.

Anyone with gacha experience have a guess?

Probably don't have a limit considering that level up gives enkiphalin

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Idly, do the True/Complete versions of Nikolai, Myo, Rudolph and Maxim replace the original versions, or do they act as buffed copies? So, once you beat R Corp 2, you can apply Myo's Prowess onto Gebura from the R Corp 1 version and still have Complete Myo on her team as well, or can that not happen

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021

Junpei posted:

Idly, do the True/Complete versions of Nikolai, Myo, Rudolph and Maxim replace the original versions, or do they act as buffed copies? So, once you beat R Corp 2, you can apply Myo's Prowess onto Gebura from the R Corp 1 version and still have Complete Myo on her team as well, or can that not happen
True books don’t give more of the key pages when burned, they just give the 20 charge limit breaks, Clone, and maybe one or two other mildly useful bits. Technically you can get key pages from them, but only by having not gotten them from the first set of books. The limit of 1 on gold and 4 on purple is still respected.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Phew, finally finished Library (I think? Assuming that the final fight is unwinnable). Starting from the Reverb the final sequence is just grueling, it never ends.

One thing I wasn't sure about : what happened to all the librarians? I thought Angela made them human and let everyone out, but then Gebura and Binah show up for the Head fight. Are the floor patrons still there in the end with Angela and Roland, or did they fall out or something when the Library got tossed to the outskirts?

Personally I found the character dynamics way more interesting than the overall setting, and I'm happy that the librarians get a good-ish ending. I get that pointless cruelty is intentional in the City but things like the W Corp train and Angela's million years kind of lost me. The bad guy factions were also a bit too ridiculous, other than the Index who loop back around to being cool.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Redmark posted:

Phew, finally finished Library (I think? Assuming that the final fight is unwinnable). Starting from the Reverb the final sequence is just grueling, it never ends.

One thing I wasn't sure about : what happened to all the librarians? I thought Angela made them human and let everyone out, but then Gebura and Binah show up for the Head fight. Are the floor patrons still there in the end with Angela and Roland, or did they fall out or something when the Library got tossed to the outskirts?

Personally I found the character dynamics way more interesting than the overall setting, and I'm happy that the librarians get a good-ish ending. I get that pointless cruelty is intentional in the City but things like the W Corp train and Angela's million years kind of lost me. The bad guy factions were also a bit too ridiculous, other than the Index who loop back around to being cool.
The Library and everyone in it got kicked out of the City, so they're presumably all still in there if only because there isn't really anywhere else to go.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Redmark posted:

Well, considering that Clerk and Agent don't count, it's mostly turned toward named character, which are the Sephirath, Ayin, Angela and Roland. Limbus Company does a better job at showing the life in the City while still keeping that part of character banter LoR has.

Has for WCorp and Angela, it's hard to related to them considering our time span is limited. Yes, it is horrifying but we will never experienced it and therefore, the impact is lessened. Still make for an interesting concept tho

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

GilliamYaeger posted:

The Library and everyone in it got kicked out of the City, so they're presumably all still in there if only because there isn't really anywhere else to go.

I see, I think what confused me is the final scene. The dramatic talk and closing the door behind them doesn't quite hit the same if they're having a coffee party with Chesed right after :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Redmark posted:

I see, I think what confused me is the final scene. The dramatic talk and closing the door behind them doesn't quite hit the same if they're having a coffee party with Chesed right after :v:
Funnily enough that's literally what happens in the original ending before they reworked the whole thing after adding Keter Realization.

https://www.reddit.com/r/libraryofruina/comments/mt2l3n/in_case_anyone_else_missed_the_credit_images/

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1660890224472494080

Gregor getting the EGO of that electric centipede event.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Junpei posted:

Getting some real "Ban.... kai!" vibes out of the start of that attack.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

One of my favorite things about this game is legitimately just seeing what weird and hosed up thing Gregor's arm will turn into next. :allears:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

TeeQueue posted:

Getting some real "Ban.... kai!" vibes out of the start of that attack.

every day i am grateful i was born too late to be into Naruto and Bleach

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Funnels!

I wonder if someday we'll get mods to port Limbus Abnormalities and EGO into Lobcorp.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Redmark posted:

The very final fight is technically 'winnable' if you stagger or reduce their hp to 1, but all that happens is you get an achievement and things otherwise proceed as normal.

Also if you go back to the post fight scene for the Black Silence in Credenza then you can check out the bad endings without needing to actually redo the fight.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1660911866644922368

Outis's got the umbrella fox's EGO along with Yi Sang as seen in the art on the roadmap.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1660925535608774659

Lmao there's another infinite money bug. This time though they seem to be able to track the abusers and ban them so hopefully less drama :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KobunFan posted:

He doesn't really self-actualize considering he still needs that prod and a good murder to get in the mood. N Sinclair's is funny though since the narrator spends most of it calling him a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Sinclair's consistent character flaw seems to be that he's just a wishy-washy kid and has no real strong beleifs of his own besides a basic moral compass(which is insanely rare in the City tbf). This is both a curse and a blessing, as while it stops him from mustering up the will to take a serious stand it also prevents him from falling into outright fanaticism. I guess this detachment is the metaphorical egg in this scenario.

Junpei posted:

Outis's got the umbrella fox's EGO along with Yi Sang as seen in the art on the roadmap.

Outis brought her Battle Jammies

e: I wish we still got abno stories or even Ruina's little dialogue snippets to find out more about what these abnos' deals are. The Story tab, being written by the Sinners, tends to focus more on combat strategy than what the abno actually is and doesn't help with ones we don't fight. I wanna know more about that weird boat tour robot and this fox thing. And the world's thirstiest bull.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 10:12 on May 23, 2023

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Judging by the reaction of Twitter artists to kigurumi Outis if Projmoon ever made actual furry identities (not corrosions) they are going to make a billion dollars

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Yinlock posted:

e: I wish we still got abno stories or even Ruina's little dialogue snippets to find out more about what these abnos' deals are. The Story tab, being written by the Sinners, tends to focus more on combat strategy than what the abno actually is and doesn't help with ones we don't fight. I wanna know more about that weird boat tour robot and this fox thing. And the world's thirstiest bull.

100% agree with this. I already feel like I'm eating very well with this game's chosen way to present lore but if I could be just a bit selfish my one wish would be precisely that - since we get snippets of what it means for X sinner to be with Y group, it would ALSO be very cool to hear what does it mean for X sinner to have Y EGO, or what that Abno means to the sinner in question, or... anything, really.

If I could be even more selfish I'd ask for art of the Corroded EGO be added when you get to EGO T3, similar to the alternate/animated art that IDs get at T3.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Pigbuster posted:

Judging by the reaction of Twitter artists to kigurumi Outis if Projmoon ever made actual furry identities (not corrosions) they are going to make a billion dollars

I think we've known this since the existence of Tanya. She's really popular in the fandom.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Theantero posted:

Lmao there's another infinite money bug. This time though they seem to be able to track the abusers and ban them so hopefully less drama :v:

https://twitter.com/IngYearChicken_/status/1660930376133402625

quote:

Cited by Japanese users
'The head is here'
'The head moved'
lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

tfw you're just trying to hustle some free lunacy and you get w serum'd

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Holy poo poo TQ, giving Realization Hermit Angelica's voice is absolutely beautiful. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

TeeQueue posted:

I think we've known this since the existence of Tanya. She's really popular in the fandom.

Quoth Spike Cowboy Bebop, "I love the kind of woman who can kick my rear end."