Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Rageaholic posted:

Rolling credits now. Oh my god, that ending was incredible :swoon: It actually made me tear up lol

loving amazing game. I'll continue to do the side quests I have left (if I'm even able to...does the Demon King being gone mean no more monsters? Or does it put you right before the final boss fight after you beat the game?)

If it's like BoTW it kicks you back to a save right before the final boss and throws a star on the save file for ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
How do you properly use time bombs? Attaching them to a vehicle is, uh, not going to be good for you, and the only real alternative I can think of is to summon them on the fly as needed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Theotus posted:

If it's like BoTW it kicks you back to a save right before the final boss and throws a star on the save file for ya.
Dope :)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Argue posted:

How do you properly use time bombs? Attaching them to a vehicle is, uh, not going to be good for you, and the only real alternative I can think of is to summon them on the fly as needed.

I have a dream of making a catapult with it but every time I just blew my rudimentary tests or myself apart

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Khanstant posted:

I have a dream of making a catapult with it but every time I just blew my rudimentary tests or myself apart

Game of the year.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Man I really should not have leveled up my mobs so much before thinking about tackling Lurelin :smith:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The ancient Hyrulean tablet that breaks free and plummets directly into a chasm all the way into the depths was loving rude and hilarious.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hawkperson posted:

Man I really should not have leveled up my mobs so much before thinking about tackling Lurelin :smith:

Yeah that's probably my biggest complaint with the game, enemies get real spongy.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hey so I'm trying to find (equipment) Zora's Greaves and I'd like some kind of general hint as to where the gently caress they are cuz I could crawl up and down the location it's likely at for hours on end before finding them and I'd like to have them a bit sooner without just looking up a guide. As vague as you can get to guide me would be nice. Thanks!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've killed probably 15 Hinox now and still only 2 guts. I don't like the look of the only other armor with that much defense but I just got the set and it seems like a much easier farm lol

Hawkperson posted:

Open with a puff mushroom and a bunch of backstabs, makes things waaaaay easier and I've had much better success with it than with the muddlebuds. Arrow fusions are insanely strong and getting in the habit of using them whenever the opportunity presents itself will make things nice and easy again. A nice thing is you can just buy them for Poe so you can go crazy with them. The throw attack on a sapphire fused magic rod is also a freeze nuke which is crazy powerful and a good cheap oh poo poo button, and magic rods are buyable as well

Once you can put silver bokoblins down with ease things get a lot easier, their horns as as silly as they are powerful and you get a lot so you can just slap them on everything

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

alternatively, glue some lasers onto some roombas and juice yourself with a large power core and watch the carnage unfold

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Oh neat, if you fuse a Hover Stone to an arrow, it spawns an active hover stone where you were aiming at just about the edge of Ultrahand range. Good for getting platforms set up quickly or if you don't have room to pull one out manually, I guess.

Also if you fuse a Stake to an arrow it'll stick into whatever wall it hits. Less useful, but still cool.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Icedude posted:

Oh neat, if you fuse a Hover Stone to an arrow, it spawns an active hover stone where you were aiming at just about the edge of Ultrahand range. Good for getting platforms set up quickly or if you don't have room to pull one out manually, I guess.

Also if you fuse a Stake to an arrow it'll stick into whatever wall it hits. Less useful, but still cool.
This description of using the stake helped me finally understand the usefulness of the stake. I feel so dumb.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I cheesed the gloom hands fight by making a little perch for myself with a stake and a platform, and ascending up to it where the hands can't reach.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao did they really remove the vai outfit, arguably Link's most iconic and popular outfit from BotW? I guess he gets new and exciting ways to cross dress thanks to the fabulously stylish hat?

Just set foot in the Lightning Temple before calling it a night, but so far I've definitely liked this sage quest the best. Riju is cool, the two town defense missions ruled and yes I am an absolute sucker for the classic "gotta defend the location choose how we set up our defenses" scenario, the sanctuary and underground waterways for Gerudo Town are a fun little mystery to put together and I felt very proud of myself that I stumbled upon the secret voe armor club before being directed there by the little girl with the map in the sanctuary, and I really appreciate at one point the game just goes gently caress you, gently caress your quest marker, go solve the riddle in the desert if you want to progress. It wasn't exactly a complex riddle, but I wish more modern AAA games would trust the player to be able to do some extremely basic critical thinking instead of immediately shoving a quest marker in your face.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Nihonniboku posted:

I mean, I definitely did destroy a couple of swords today while smashing the crates at the Gerudo Stable.

Are you making your swords into axes?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Sydin posted:

lmao did they really remove the vai outfit, arguably Link's most iconic and popular outfit from BotW? I guess he gets new and exciting ways to cross dress thanks to the fabulously stylish hat?

Just set foot in the Lightning Temple before calling it a night, but so far I've definitely liked this sage quest the best. Riju is cool, the two town defense missions ruled and yes I am an absolute sucker for the classic "gotta defend the location choose how we set up our defenses" scenario, the sanctuary and underground waterways for Gerudo Town are a fun little mystery to put together and I felt very proud of myself that I stumbled upon the secret voe armor club before being directed there by the little girl with the map in the sanctuary, and I really appreciate at one point the game just goes gently caress you, gently caress your quest marker, go solve the riddle in the desert if you want to progress. It wasn't exactly a complex riddle, but I wish more modern AAA games would trust the player to be able to do some extremely basic critical thinking instead of immediately shoving a quest marker in your face.

yeah, i appreciate that they regularly just glue the quest marker over the npc who you can get some direction from and then go off and figure out what actually needs to be done on your own

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Yeah, the vai outfit is gone, but there's a long, sleeveless, backless armor piece that goes great with the hat. It's the frostbite shirt

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

If you sneak up on a bokoblin with a backpack, you can steal the items directly out of their backpack :allears:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
It's annoying cause you need to steal all of them before you can sneak strike.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Blaziken386 posted:

i found a quest in lurelin village for retrieving a guy's boat from a nearby island and im now slightly miffed that stuff like boats and carriages aren't more prevalent in the overworld. The game loves to randomly give you conspicuous piles of logs and fans and occasionally sails, but this is the first time i've even seen a boat object. Why the hell am I stuck with lovely rafts when I could be making sailing ships, game??

It's almost as bad as the yiga having vehicles with metal carriages and spikes* that are also unique. Granted, in both cases you can simply glue something extra to it and then save it via autobuild, but I shouldn't have to. You built very nice assets, game, let me play with them!!!

*yes i know you can get spikes from other places like the yiga hideout but they're much more of a pain than they need to be. The yiga should have a free building area like Tarrey Town so i can make and then save ridiculous death machines with their very nice assets.

Pretty much every large mine and yiga structure underground has stuff like that laying around, drop a travel medallion on it

Alternatively,
Buy a house
Fuse the cool poo poo to shields and weapons
Keep them in your house
Use the kid to pop them off and use them again (optionally dupe them before popping)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What’s the most durable type of handle

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Vookatos posted:

Ok, Fire Temple ruled!

Not only was it pretty hard, but it felt consistent. All the puzzles were on a fairly linear path, yet you needed to alter the dungeon a bit to get to them sorta like dungeons from Majora's Mask. You needed to use your new ability a lot as opposed to just activating switches, and all puzzles seemed like they belong to one set.
So far one of the best parts of the game, and it helps that pre-dungeon bit also rules!
I did it last night and definitely got turned around once or twice before saying screw it and using ascend and auto-building hot air balloons to get around. Overall it was cool, but I definitely lost the thread of which tracks I was supposed to be on after the first two locks or so.

One thing I really love about the temples so far is how the more puzzles you solve the more the music start to transform and swell into a recognizable theme until it's time for the boss fight. A small thing, but super well done imo.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7235306148579052826

Dude

Make a blueprint of a pile of apples, use auto build to pick apples for you

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i felt the fire temple had the weakest lead up and actual temple of the four, tho the boss was fun. having to stop and futz with mine carts constantly was a pain

the dive down death mountain's throat and the fuckin' lost izalith reveal were good, tho

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

rito: really cool "climb" up and epic boss fight
goron: minecarts
gerudo: I CALL OUT TO THE SKIES AND TREMBLE AS THE BRILLIANCE OF A THOUSAND BOLTS BLIND MINE ENEMIES AND TEARS THEIR FLESH ASUNDER
zora: nice puzzle, i'm crashing the loving wedding

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Oneiros posted:

i felt the fire temple had the weakest lead up and actual temple of the four, tho the boss was fun. having to stop and futz with mine carts constantly was a pain

the dive down death mountain's throat and the fuckin' lost izalith reveal were good, tho

Gonna be honest I totally bypassed the intended mine cart mechanic in the Fire Temple and just climbed to all the switches.

Frankly the actual boss of the temple was imo less cool than flying around the summit of Death Mountain blasting lava hydra with Yunobo.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Sydin posted:

Gonna be honest I totally bypassed the intended mine cart mechanic in the Fire Temple and just climbed to all the switches.

Frankly the actual boss of the temple was imo less cool than flying around the summit of Death Mountain blasting lava hydra with Yunobo.

I felt the same way. The approach on the surface and then the first part of the descent (diving into Death Mountain) was cooler than the temple itself.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

also, having freshly done all the tears, :smith:

our girl got done dirty

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

jesus christ the ways to cheese the game

If you didn't know, dropping a weapon near a Stone Octorock will have him swallow it, repair it, sometimes even give it a bonus, and spit it back. Ir doesn't work on legendary weapons such as the champion weapons (it does work on the Hylian Shield, making it the best in the game)... but it will repeair any weapons fused to a normal one even if legendary.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Just beat the lightning temple, could only think of this with the boss:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7235306148579052826

Dude

Make a blueprint of a pile of apples, use auto build to pick apples for you

Yo is that tidbit about having a wing fused to a shield allows one to instant bullet time? I was trying to figure out a way to do that.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

jesus christ the ways to cheese the game

If you didn't know, dropping a weapon near a Stone Octorock will have him swallow it, repair it, sometimes even give it a bonus, and spit it back. Ir doesn't work on legendary weapons such as the champion weapons (it does work on the Hylian Shield, making it the best in the game)... but it will repeair any weapons fused to a normal one even if legendary.

You can apparently save before hand and reroll it if you want.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Who is the loving monster that thought up flying Gibdos? :stare:

Should be thankful they don't scream anymore, I guess.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
My switch is telling me how much time i've put into the game now. Over 55 hours over these past ten days haha oops

i have done one (1) temple

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Definitely getting close to the end of my playthrough and I’m kind of two minds about the game.

Jim Sterling has been catching a ton of flack for their critical review and while I don’t think I would have scored it as low (they gave it a 7), I’m probably coming in at like a 9 or 8.75. I agree with most of their criticisms of the game - particularly their issues with the controls (which are incredibly fiddly) and the often stingy nature of some of the mechanics (climbing wet surfaces is still super dumb and the economy often sucks and detracts from finding new stuff like armor).

I also think fusion is cool but still don’t like weapon degradation on the whole.

Anyway just like BOTW it’s a great game and I enjoyed most of my time with it but by late game I was definitely kind of tired of the rough parts of the experience.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

I've been experimenting with mounting laser turrets to a platform and it's not really doing it for me.

First of all, I employ a rocket to boost it into the air, but because everything shuts down when the rocket pops, I need to do a recall/arrow to keep it active.

While testing it on a Lynel, I found that even though I had plenty of battery, it would still randomly shut off, which is annoying since I would have to keep resetting the thing mid-fight. I'm wondering if it's shutting off because I get too far? Maybe it'd work better on something less mobile.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The biggest thing I’d like, same as with BotW, is for switching between armor sets to go more smoothly. I don’t know if it needs to go all the way to auto-detecting “climbing wet surface therefore frog armor” and switching but it’s easily the biggest roadblock in the normal exploration loop for me

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

VanillaGorilla posted:

Jim Sterling has been catching a ton of flack for their critical review and while I don’t think I would have scored it as low (they gave it a 7), I’m probably coming in at like a 9 or 8.75. I agree with most of their criticisms of the game - particularly their issues with the controls (which are incredibly fiddly) and the often stingy nature of some of the mechanics (climbing wet surfaces is still super dumb and the economy often sucks and detracts from finding new stuff like armor).

sterling to 10000% correct and the only moral way to play a nintendo game is to pirate the gently caress out of it. they literally just enslaved a dude for the rest of his life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Oneiros posted:

sterling to 10000% correct and the only moral way to play a nintendo game is to pirate the gently caress out of it. they literally just enslaved a dude for the rest of his life

Wait what