Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I have no idea who half of the people in all the character posters are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Sockser posted:

I have no idea who half of the people in all the character posters are

Skrulls, would be my guess.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There are a few returning characters, mainly the CIA guy from both Black Panther movies, and then Talos from Captain Marvel/cameo in Spider-Man Far From Home, and of course Rhodey

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ben Mendelsohn was great in Captain Marvel and Rogue One; dude owns in general and should be in MORE stuff.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

FlamingLiberal posted:

There are a few returning characters, mainly the CIA guy from both Black Panther movies, and then Talos from Captain Marvel/cameo in Spider-Man Far From Home, and of course Rhodey

Everett Ross is a great character but I feel that they missed a lot of his comedy potential in the MCU. I really, really enjoyed Christopher Priest's run on Black Panther, he's one of the all time greats as far as I'm concerned. It's a crime nobody ever optioned Quantum & Woody.

EDIT:DOUBLE the crime if they optioned it and didn't do anything with it. That's how option crime works, folks. Trust me.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

First saw him in the amazing Animal Kingdom, the Australian movie not thr mediocre American show.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seems like Disney held a presser and showed off the Loki S2 trailer - With Majors notably absent

https://twitter.com/tim_bays/status/1658587215205728260

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBKUofIdVo

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Seems like Disney held a presser and showed off the Loki S2 trailer - With Majors notably absent

https://twitter.com/tim_bays/status/1658587215205728260

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBKUofIdVo

That music is so overly generic movie-trailer-music it feels like a piss take.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Everett Ross is a great character but I feel that they missed a lot of his comedy potential in the MCU. I really, really enjoyed Christopher Priest's run on Black Panther, he's one of the all time greats as far as I'm concerned. It's a crime nobody ever optioned Quantum & Woody.

EDIT:DOUBLE the crime if they optioned it and didn't do anything with it. That's how option crime works, folks. Trust me.

Really missed the boat when Everett and Dr. Strange didn't interact at all, I don't care how convoluted it would have to be.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Infinitum posted:

Wouldn't it be weird to have him be the big bad villain in both seasons?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Wouldn't it be weird to have him be the big bad villain in both seasons?

Do you... Remember how season 1 ended?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
He was also in the Quantumania post-credits Loki s2 stinger (I just watched it this weekend, hoo boy what a stinker)

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I figured he wouldn't be the big villain of Season 2 tbh, I assumed they'd give him some minion for the season who'd be some chaseable enemy who could appear in multiple episodes without dominating them potentially, sorta mimicking other Loki from the first couple episodes of S1 in terms of function.

Hopefully a better minion than M.O.D.O.K in any case.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Firebert posted:

He was also in the Quantumania post-credits Loki s2 stinger (I just watched it this weekend, hoo boy what a stinker)
Yeah but he’s playing a different Kang variant. I don’t know if actual Kang would even show up in Loki this season considering the ending of Quantumania.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Rappaport posted:

Do you... Remember how season 1 ended?

Most people who watched Loki didn't seem to have watched Loki at all.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the timeline in which they watched Loki was pruned

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Loki came out two years ago and apart from Classic Loki the show didn't leave a big lasting impression on me.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I've rewatched almost every Marvel movie up through Endgame at some point or another, but never rewatched so much as a single minute of the MCU shows despite being relatively fond toward most of them. I kinda feel like taking the time to go back and binge at least a few of them because they're not much more of a commitment than any of the films for the most part.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Oasx posted:

Loki came out two years ago and apart from Classic Loki the show didn't leave a big lasting impression on me.
No kiddin'? It, Ms. Marvel, and She Hulk are the only ones that stood out to me, and even though Ms. Marvel cemented Khan as my favorite superhero, Loki was the best of them by a country mile. I really, really, really loved it. Every episode felt like its own movie.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I enjoyed Loki, lots of weird ideas and fun gags, mostly im in it for Tom Hiddleston though. If Kang doesn't come back im fine with it, can they just replace him the high evolutionary from gotg3?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

He seemed extremely dead by the end of that movie

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

He didn't have a death scene. He was left behind on a ship that exploded. Worse villains have survived sketchier scenarios.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

FlamingLiberal posted:

Does seem like the sort of rear end in a top hat with the means and motive to clone backups of himself but no need to rehash that

Just make other Kangs not the same actor. One of the Lokis wasn't even humanoid

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

FlamingLiberal posted:

kang was killed a few minutes after he was introduced, with the multiverse nothing matters

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Introduce Galactus by having him eat the council of kangs planet

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The easiest thing to do is just recast Kang.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I thought Rocket left him to die? No body, no death :colbert:

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Visual effects artists confirmed that Drax carried The High Evolutionary off the ship with the other evacuees.

So he's alive and he's in Knowhere

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Visual effects artists confirmed that Drax carried The High Evolutionary off the ship with the other evacuees.

So he's alive and he's in Knowhere

Technically, they just confirmed that they worked on a scene where he did. But, it's not in the final movie.

There isn't really a way Drax could have done it in the final cut because Cosmo doesn't hold the ships close enough to connect until after they get there and Drax walks in with the kids.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
What would the High Evolutionary even bring as the the big bad in the saga? He has no multiversal power that we know of and his whole lab or whatever got blowed up.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
My concern/suspicion right now is that Majors has some kind of contractual clause that prevents Marvel from simply replacing him with someone else, which is why we've yet to hear any announcement about them doing so despite it seemingly being the most obvious and easy thing to do. For better or for worse, it's important to remember that he hasn't actually been found guilty of the thing he very obviously did yet and there might be a limit to what even Disney can do until he is.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BrianWilly posted:

My concern/suspicion right now is that Majors has some kind of contractual clause that prevents Marvel from simply replacing him with someone else

The MCU's recast a bunch of people over the years so I doubt they'd let that go in their contracts

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Majors was cast back in 2020 so his contract is presumably MCU-friendly.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well, the fact that it's happened before is what makes it strange it hasn't seemed to have happened here yet. All the same, it really depends on the contract; some actors in franchises likely signed on for only one installment (Hugo Weaving), others would be bound to multiple installments (Chris Evans). The two biggest instances of recasting were of Rhodey and Bruce Banner, both of which happened very early on in the MCU pipeline, before it became as big as it would become, likely before clauses protecting their roles were brought to the table. I remember that even the original non-Downey Avengers went through pay negotiations as the years went by.

So I don't think it would be weird nowadays, if you were being tapped to play a huge part in multiple climactic projects of one of the biggest film franchises in history, to have something in your contract saying "Okay, if you're locking me into a role in however many movies for however many years during which I won't have the opportunity to do other jobs, you can't also just fire me for no reason thereby wasting my time."

Just to be clear, this would be a good thing. Actors, aka employees, should have protection for their jobs and from being dicked around with no actual cause. It's just tricky in this case because he's prooooobably (definitely) (but just probably) an abuser but no one can technically prove it and Majors is being perfectly well-behaved in public, so Disney might not be able to invoke any cause for replacing him.

Theoretically. Maybe.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 23, 2023

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
WTF, I didn’t realize Quantumania was as on D+. Guess I’ll watch it so I can complain about it.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Oof.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

same, its really bad

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
I really liked the moment of existential dread at the end

I'm sure everything will be fine

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It honestly takes like 5 minutes to establish a new Kang actor. They’ve built up the multiverse enough that nothing matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I bet they’ll just ignore it till it goes away. Once something else comes around to replace it in everyone’s goldfish brain.