Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

he holds his linkpearl so cool....

Mainwaring posted:

Not sure I love every support skill having a massive range. I get that it makes sense for some of the damage buffs, but having to occasionally adapt your movement during mechanics to ensure people could group for heals added an interesting dimension to certain fights which will be missed somewhat now.

nah gently caress that poo poo it was so annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I loving LOVE FINAL FANTASY XIV

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/zucchini_loaf/status/1660857730322558977?s=20

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

*whispers* the AST bubble isn't getting any bigger

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mainwaring posted:

*whispers* the AST bubble isn't getting any bigger

when will yoshida finally add the AST slider back into the game

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Vermain posted:

Very good

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Vermain posted:

New thread title

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Why Squeenix.

Why did she have to go :negative:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Clerical Terrors posted:

Why Squeenix.

You can just make Eos Selene now.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Blockhouse posted:

that's some reborn doll poo poo imo.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Clerical Terrors posted:

Why Squeenix.

You can glam the fairy now, so the button is completely useless.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Please let Carby back into your life, Scholars. He misses you

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Blockhouse posted:

That makes sense.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

My scholar is going carby so fast

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

goblin week posted:

that's some reborn doll poo poo imo.

hey uh

what did you mean by that

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vermain posted:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Servers up.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Vitamean posted:

hey uh

what did you mean by that

Not sure if you're misunderstanding what they're referring to, but: reborn dolls, not real dolls. Reborn dolls are really realistic baby dolls that parents sometimes make to cope with losing a child in infancy or before birth.

I get the joke. It's dark and I'm not sure they did enough to make it funny, but it tracks conceptually.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I did google it beforehand and I stand by my question

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Yeah I guess it wasn’t that funny. My train of thought was that glamouring an existing object to replace the one that’s gone is very similar to the (sadder kind of) reasoning behind reborn dolls

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

gosetsu tank

gosetsu tank

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The joke is that Selene is dead and glamming Eos is a perfectly fine mechanical replacement for a videogame system but if you take glamming literally as per the lore it's a bit off.

Anyway drat, PvP Bard took a nasty hit but Red gets to keep the long silence. And guess who finally clicked for me in the last time grind. :twisted:

Also to share the hilarity I spent a comically long time feeling that DRG in PvE was very clunky and unsatisfying and ran a few 60-70s and some 70s trying to level it before settling on pvp only for it. At level 85 I finally realized why my dragon dive never gave me meter and did the 60-70 job quest chain which was a cute and good questline. :shobon: The PvE feels much better now.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Mainwaring posted:

Not sure I love every support skill having a massive range. I get that it makes sense for some of the damage buffs, but having to occasionally adapt your movement during mechanics to ensure people could group for heals added an interesting dimension to certain fights which will be missed somewhat now.

Eh, stuff like having to hold raid buffs for dog first in P8 isn't interesting, it just feels clunky.

Edit: I can't read and only now realize you said it makes sense for damage buffs. Fair, but I'm still not a big fan of having to group for heals in the middle of mechanics.

Trash Ops posted:

With all mits and buffs being 30y+ we are in the giant hitbox era forever

This actually does kind of suck, though. Hope they rethink DPS balance if they're going to give melee 100% uptime in every fight.

Theris fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 23, 2023

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

p8s just making GBS threads all over fight timing depending on rng was bad fight design, not really anything to do with job design.

making all buffs and instant heals 30y is loving hilarious after p8s tho

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

idk if I agree with p8s ruining fight timing. in terms of raid buffs it was really just two different fights with separate timelines for using your 120s.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

quote:

The 47 lovingblooms you put up for sale in the Old Sharlayan markets have sold for 1,367,700 gil (after fees).

I don't understand these people, but I'll gladly take advantage of it each update

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tamba posted:

I don't understand these people, but I'll gladly take advantage of it each update

I don't know what loving blooms are, what are you taking advantage of there?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Vitamean posted:

idk if I agree with p8s ruining fight timing. in terms of raid buffs it was really just two different fights with separate timelines for using your 120s.

"two different fights" was the problem. also, progging at the mercy of rng

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Bruceski posted:

I don't know what loving blooms are, what are you taking advantage of there?

One of the new gathering items. I gathered a stack right as the servers went up they immediately sold for 30k each.
Now, an hour later, the prices are already down to ~4k each and will continue to fall before you even need the new gear you can make with it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Oneiros posted:

"two different fights" was the problem. also, progging at the mercy of rng

just don't get hit imo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tamba posted:

One of the new gathering items. I gathered a stack right as the servers went up they immediately sold for 30k each.
Now, an hour later, the prices are already down to ~4k each and will continue to fall before you even need the new gear you can make with it.

Ah, that'd do it. I made a killing on glioaether last time. Considered tackling stuff this patch but I have 56mil, unless the medium house next door opens up (I like my location, it's near friends) why bother?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Vitamean posted:

just don't get hit imo

i emphatically agree but pf has different ideas

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Tamba posted:

Raid crafters with infinite money who want to start working immediately don't care about what they pay to be the first to make the thing, since whatever they're crafting will also have a ridiculous markup if they list it first.

Sane people wait for the prices to stabilize a bit first, but sane people also don't hit the gil cap multiple times over.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

funny bit - adventurers guild shops have a bunch of minor event cutscene music added to them

if you ever wanted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFHuiHYkVt8 playing in your house, now you can!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just as a reminder, what's usually the best order to get Normal Raid drops?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

sch now has a ferret

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Just as a reminder, what's usually the best order to get Normal Raid drops?

if you're just trying to pump ilv for some reason, accessories. otherwise, whatever gives you the most crit. or none or it, crafted gear with pentamelds beats it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The chestpieces have neat effects so glam demands those first.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oneiros posted:

if you're just trying to pump ilv for some reason, accessories. otherwise, whatever gives you the most crit. or none or it, crafted gear with pentamelds beats it

That would require having the money to buy crafted d1 ad a non omnicrafter :v: but thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

blatman posted:

sch now has a ferret

Yeah but what's the carby do?