Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
As a moderator, I promise to be fair and give warning before I go mad with power.

E: due to recent events, I have chosen to step down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i thought this thread had less self ownage

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

nobody in this thread bought themselves transphobic avatars multiple to own their posting enemies... yet

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

nobody in this thread bought themselves transphobic avatars multiple to own their posting enemies... yet

Paging Literally A Person

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

Paging Literally A Person

My av is about beauty and freedom not hate and power.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

LAP's avatar is beautiful

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ok ok :sweep: and I'll actually enforce it this time

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

MrQwerty posted:

oh yeah i forgot that was how low the bar got lol

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Her just going "Woops! Was having a bad day, my bad" after was wild

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Move it along folks, you can check the previous goldmined thread for all the juicy details

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

So on the story of mods, we are looking at candidates for them and for IKs. We also do like ideas of who may be good mods because we can't read every thread and we like to source them from the community. There may be posters whom we don't always see but are great contributors. Those who have a trusted bond with the posters they manage.

In that vein let me welcome our new mods Slugworth and nom epique!
loving ouch

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

We'll probably be adding IKs too, so keep your hopes up

i dont think grudgeposters should be mods nor iks

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

make me a mod and i swear by the moon and the stars i'll whip this cesspool into a shape fit for satan herself

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Riot Bimbo posted:

make me a mod and i swear by the moon and the stars i'll whip this cesspool into a shape fit for satan herself

quote:

Registered as 'hemophilia' was 'basic hitler' for a while. You can try being nice. It feels better than being a weird toxic shithead i promise

I'm sure you'll be fine

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
interesting rap sheet, sounds like a great fit

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

cumpantry posted:

i dont think grudgeposters should be mods nor iks

Lmao I got some some bad news for you

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

is that a challenge?? :twisted:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fewer self ownage, but more intense.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lmao I got some some bad news for you

lay it on me

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Id like to propose Three Olives for new moderator

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Dandywalken posted:

Her just going "Woops! Was having a bad day, my bad" after was wild

I never liked her. Now I know why. Makes you wonder what other skeletons the drama brigade have in their closet.

Endorph posted:

i assume jeffrey meant 'repeatedly in the past few days' since shes gotten a bunch of avs in the past few days

sebmojo posted:

There's one from mid 2021.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Valko posted:

I never liked her. Now I know why. Makes you wonder what other skeletons the drama brigade have in their closet.

i killed a bunch of people once

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I knew it.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It's awesome seeing people go like "this place is important to me" or "I grew up on this site" or do insane psyops or getting into intensely snippy flamewars with people about how this place is run because I think they don't know how insane that sounds

Also my feedback is to make the stepdad murderer guy an IK of his thread, that would be awesome, not even joking. Just give him some power and see what he does since he's like an internet newborn.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Toxic Mental posted:

It's awesome seeing people go like "this place is important to me" or "I grew up on this site" or do insane psyops or getting into intensely snippy flamewars with people about how this place is run because I think they don't know how insane that sounds

Also my feedback is to make the stepdad murderer guy an IK of his thread, that would be awesome, not even joking. Just give him some power and see what he does since he's like an internet newborn.

i want to see these forums run well so I report every post I dont like!

nah I only report poo poo like methanar doxxing his dates and people posting gun violence fantasies, because that's actual poo poo that needs reporting and the queue should probably not be 10000 reports long

I agree with you on the ex-con being ik of this thread, though, that would be awesome

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
i'll mod the ukraine thread if nobody else wants to. there's a lot of monke left to post and only the finest will do

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

whoa you're working some rough chuckles these days

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

I had the insane idea earlier that the OP of any thread could gain IK powers. To avoid rampant misuse, they could be unlocked by mods, or after some time as it gains megathread status? Well if every IK action has to be mod checked anyway, gently caress it, unlock it out the gate. Then if it's misused no one will be probed or banned but the OP being stupid. IK powers could also generate if a report is issued on a post in the thread?

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 24, 2023

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

In China they refer to the OP as a 'landlord' instead, and I feel like that is a suitably demeaning title for a own-thread-only Idiot King role.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow, force the OP to moderate their own thread or else? Yes let's make IK a punishment too. This is a great idea.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
being made ik is a good punishment actually

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

being an ik is a great way to have the gooniest people on earth DM you ceaselessly about thread drama and post quality

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
:sweep:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
This seems to be feedback on how we'd like IKs to be implemented in GBS, Broom Man.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Peggy Edson posted:

do rotating iks in the chat thread

I hope you mean rotating like how the images in BYOB used to be.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Geemer posted:

I hope you mean rotating like how the images in BYOB used to be.

:suspense:

Yes

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

I'm sure you'll be fine

I would be a loving great mod, like so God drat good. I don't need to waste any time looking at your profile or your, i'm sure quality posts, to know that you're the caliber of person who would celebrate my tenure as the janitor of this fine forum.

I post for the sacred joy of posting, and I would not actually ever want to mod though. I thought I was being cutesey when i made that post but it obviously just loving sucks. Sorry about that.

Just modding correctly in the busy forums brings out psychopaths that drain the color out of your life and involves you in the... machinations? of whatever people like SPR are doing on this forum. I know that one is specifically owned and gone but let's not pretend that type of person is unique.

my honest feedback is to never mod a guy who is really aggro about what they think being normal is, because they're always like the aforementioned.

My most genuine and relevant feedback is that GBS seems cool when the posting is about low-stakes topics, and everything serious or heavy loving sucks and is the primary source of burnout, of moderation action, and drama, and I find it wild it's tolerated at all still, especially when there are other forums that handle that stuff better, and post better, about those topics.

Find other sci-fi that can be mined for pee pee and doodoo jokes, or make a collaborative art thread or two, and then gas all the politics threads? It's obviouslly not working out and making an already rough staffing/mod activity problem even worse lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately - I've been having a hell of a month or so, and the forums are just one of many things I've been neglecting. I'm not gone, and am pretty sure I'm not dead, but haven't been pulling my weight as a mod for a few weeks. I'm trying to get a handle on things in my personal life, and once I get things a little more back to normal you can rest assured I will mod the bejesus out of all y'all.