Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Propaniac posted:

Don't read this

M 24, F 38, Glancing at another woman.

I stopped at whimsical debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hope she dumps him by stuffing him in a locker

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Propaniac posted:

Don't read this

please take this advice, I didn't and now my brain is oozing out of my nose holes

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Propaniac posted:

Don't read this

Is it ok if I didn't read this not because I didn't try but because I was unable?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Batterypowered7 posted:

I stopped at whimsical debate.

Same, nothing I saw past that was going to be worth it

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

this is all you need to read

quote:

Now, these data filters are essentially, the real you. They're the millions of neurons firing away that one by one equal a man's real conscience. So naturally, there are other filters in play saying other things that the women aren't going to like, like: drat, shorty bad, tho, look at thoseee, woopty woooo, she's got bigger tits than so and so, scrumptdidly, oh my goddd, I can't stop looking, I don't wanna stop looking, Jesus, I'm sorry mom, whoooosh.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
This is from an annoying article about parents throwing fits because . . . well, you'll see.

quote:

Gutmann said in an interview that his family wasn’t “looking for a conservative education.” He said they “just want what anybody would’ve used to call a traditional liberal arts education.”

. . . .

Since withdrawing his daughter from ($60,000-a-year private school), Gutmann said, it has been “nearly impossible” to find a school that challenges his daughter academically but isn’t “politicized.” He tried a small private school in New Jersey and then another in Florida before opting to home-school her this year. He plans to send her to a British boarding school in the fall.
If you haven't read chapter four of Orwell's A Clergyman's Daughter, it's basically this but self-aware. And the kids have a better chance of growing up and loathing their idiot parents. I have hope for the future.

Propaniac posted:

Don't read this

Yesterday I watched D'Angelo Wallace's video on Andrew Tate and most of what I took away from it is that anyone who keeps saying they're logical and not ruled by emotion is perpetually twelve seconds away from hysteria.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
“Anyways, I was doing thusly” is my new phrase i’m gonna use all the time

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

AceClown posted:

please take this advice, I didn't and now my brain is oozing out of my nose holes

It's like someone butchering the lingo of philosophy in one paragrapgh, psychology in another, biology in yet another, then the Matrix movies and afterwards funny cat videos. Jumping from one to the next. And I didn't even get through the whole thing.

Beautiful in a grotesque way.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 23, 2023

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
It looks like trump tweets to me. Just random incoherent poo poo that almost wants to make sense but never really does.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

She should whimsically debate her foot up his arse

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

AITA for putting my wedding in the same season as my sister's 18th birthday?

quote:

I'm getting married this october. Situation is, my sister's 18th birthday is on september 1st, and she's throwing a huge party for it, with family and friends.

I always wanted a Halloween-themed wedding, so I decided to put my wedding around the end of october. When I told my parents about the date, they were fine with it, but later on ny sister sent me furious, and angry messages about how I'm the worst sister for taking away the "spotlight" from her birthday. Even though I promised her I would not talk about the wedding at her party, (and so did my parents, also nobody else knows about the wedding date yet), she's still calling me names whenever I'm around, and uninvited me from her birthday. My parents think I'm in the right, but my mother did tell me that I could've put the wedding for next year.

My boyfriend and I had a talk, and we decided that we don't want to wait a whole year for the next Halloween, but we had the idea to put it in november, and my sister still wasn't fine with it, so we decided to keep the late october date.

AITA here?

Edit: Thank you kind people. I understand I was not the AH here, and considering to not invite my sister to my wedding. I will finalize the date for october, and not apologize to my sister.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for telling my mom I was upset she missed my graduation because my sister had a baby?

quote:

Throwaway account. My (27f) sister (301f) just had her first baby on Sunday morning at 2:30am. It was thankfully a smooth delivery and she and my nephew are happy and healthy. My mom, my dad, me, my sister's husband, and my sister's MIL were all at the hospital (per my sister's request) from around midnight on sunday and the remainder of the day.

Well, my graduation from grad school was on Sunday as well at 4pm. At around 2pm, me and my parents went down to grab lunch from the cafeteria and i realized the time. I asked my parents if they wanted to just meet me at the graduation because I needed to go home and get ready first. My mom looked at me funny and said "you can't really expect me to leave your sister and my grandbaby right now." I didn't know what to say, but my dad just told me to go get ready and they would meet me there.

So I went to graduation and afterwards I look for my family and sure enough my mom did not come (my dad did!). I was upset because I won an award from my program director and gave a speech in which I thanked her specifically and she missed the whole thing.

I got back to the hospital and didn't really talk to my mom because I didn't want to make a scene or stress out my sister. Last night my mom called me and I expressed to her how hurt I was, and she said I'm being selfish and need to realize my sister just gave birth and that's more important even though she is proud of me. I ended up hanging up.

I guess my thought process is that at the point where it was time to leave, the baby had been born for 12 hours and we spent most of that time with the baby/my sister when they were awake (and I'm glad we did- not complaining). My plan was just to go to graduation and pick up my sisters favorite pizza (she was craving it) on the way back and eat with her. My dad and I did just that and in total my father was away from the hospital for right around 3 hours.

I understand that giving birth is a huge deal and I'm so proud of my sister. I don't mean to act like my graduation was more important. I just feel like there wasn't a need to chose and my mother could have done both because my dad did. My sister had her husband and MIL that would have been with her. I just had my dad and while I'm grateful he came I wish my mom would have too.My dad agrees with me that my mom should have came, and my sister apologized for "stealing the spotlight" to which I told her she had absolutely nothing to be sorry for and to focus on herself and the baby and everything with me and mom would work itself out. I think my mom told my sister which makes me more angry because she doesn't need to worry about this, it's our issue.AITA?

ETA: I wanted to address a couple things/ answer some questions:

- My sister was totally okay with my parents leaving for a few hours, according to my dad. He told me while we were picking up the pizza that my sister told my mom it was fine and to go. I haven't talked to my sister about it because she shouldn't even be thinking about this right now she has enough on her plate.

-I understand some people think graduations are stupid, or maybe even childish. If I had just been walking across the stage for a few seconds and that was it this wouldn't really bother me. I was given an award and gave a speech in which I recognized my parents but mainly my mom because I am "following in her footsteps" and entering the same field she is in. It was special to me for her to hear me acknowledge her and to see me do that. Maybe that's still stupid to some, but ti wasn't to me.

-Lastly, idk about any drama between MIL and our mom. I know husband thinks my mom is nosey, and he might have relayed that to MIL and it might be a thing. But MIL lives far away and so she doesn't come to gatherings or anything that often. I think the last time my mom had any meaningful interaction with her was at my sister's wedding two years ago.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Kurieg posted:

AITA for telling my mom I was upset she missed my graduation because my sister had a baby?

I think your sister might be a bit too old for having babies, unless she's an elf

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Kurieg posted:

Mom pissed off one daughter by not being there for a big event and quite possibly pissed off other daughter by being there when the daughter wanted to be alone with her partner and new baby. A twofer!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for refusing to change out of my uniform before visiting my sister in the psychiatric wing of the hospital?

It's been deleted but there's glorious context in the comments. You get zero points for guessing which uniform OP was talking about And he apparently used his badge and threatened violence to gain access to the wing after the Nurse tried to deny him entry

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kurieg posted:

AITA for refusing to change out of my uniform before visiting my sister in the psychiatric wing of the hospital?

It's been deleted but there's glorious context in the comments. You get zero points for guessing which uniform OP was talking about And he apparently used his badge and threatened violence to gain access to the wing after the Nurse tried to deny him entry

Lol, god. If you hadn't mentioned anything notable, I would've just assumed they worked there and it was a dumb conflict about being in medical gear outside their area. Guess I'm not awake enough to think through implications yet.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'd make a joke about naming your child after a criminal act, but I grew up down the street from a family whose last name was Stalker, soooo

Naw, get out of here!

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Propaniac posted:

Don't read this

I tried my best to skip through it all but my eyes caught the emoji at the very end and that told me everything

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Nebrilos posted:

Naw, get out of here!

Turns out the list of famous Stalkers on wikipedia is shorter than I thought , but man, imagine going to college and having classes in Stalker Hall

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Propaniac posted:

Don't read this

lol, I love how all these dweebs always throw in CHILDBEARING HIPS

sure I spent several minutes eyefucking that hot blond in the tube top but she had CHILDBEARING HIPS, it's an instinctual response!

My vision is just as attracted to motion as anyone else's and when I glance at someone who catches my eye sometimes they turn out to be an attractive lady but I don't know that I've ever registered the childbearing capability of their hips. Also neither has anyone else unless maybe they're a gynecologist or midwife.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Barudak posted:

Is it ok if I didn't read this not because I didn't try but because I was unable?

My eyes glazed over in self-defense and I'm still annoyed with the OP for having wasted my time with whatever the gently caress he was rambling about. That he's not ethically in the wrong for looking at other women as long as he doesn't start openly drooling and making the awooga noise, I guess?

I hate that I actually comprehended any of what he said, I could have used those brain cells for something useful. Like looking at cat pics, or writing fan fic.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

the holy poopacy posted:

sure I spent several minutes eyefucking that hot blond in the tube top but she had CHILDBEARING HIPS, it's an instinctual response!

My vision is just as attracted to motion as anyone else's and when I glance at someone who catches my eye sometimes they turn out to be an attractive lady but I don't know that I've ever registered the childbearing capability of their hips. Also neither has anyone else unless maybe they're a gynecologist or midwife.

they just mean that she has a juicy double and they cannot lie

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

tinytort posted:

My eyes glazed over in self-defense and I'm still annoyed with the OP for having wasted my time with whatever the gently caress he was rambling about. That he's not ethically in the wrong for looking at other women as long as he doesn't start openly drooling and making the awooga noise, I guess?

I hate that I actually comprehended any of what he said, I could have used those brain cells for something useful. Like looking at cat pics, or writing fan fic.

He is smarter than everyone and you shouldn’t tell him what to do, especially if you want to try to make him feel bad as well

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I [23F] think I might be a lesbian but I'm married to a man [29M] and I don't know what to do.

quote:

So my husband and I have been together since I was 16. He was my first everything. My family all loves him. I have spent so long saying and hearing how we were meant for eachother.

Recently though I've been questioning my sexuality really hard. I had always had a suspicion that I pushed down but I've recently realized I don't think I could go the rest of my life without being with a woman. The last year sleeping with my husband has become something I suffer through for him.

My issue is that I am SO close with my family and none of them would treat me the same if I came out. My grandmother raised me and she is an extremely traditional Christian. Even tho I'm not, I couldn't live without her. She can handle me not being religious but she couldn't deal with me being gay. I couldn't handle her viewing my different. I don't even know what to do.

It's not my husband's fault and I feel like I will let my entire family down if I even think about leaving my husband or coming out. I've never even been with a woman so I'm also scared I'm wrong. It's just that I feel nothing for men sexually or romantically. I feel like nothing I do is living authentically and I'm so lost.

I'm just so lost and I don't know what to do. I feel like no matter what I do I will be unhappy. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

:gonk:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Cythereal posted:

I [23F] think I might be a lesbian but I'm married to a man [29M] and I don't know what to do.

:gonk:

Ah, gently caress me, my eyes glazed over the bolded part and then I went back after the emote. Ew.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

the holy poopacy posted:

But but it's about the comfort and safety of their hypothetical partner when birthing hypothetical future children! These are nice guys!

An actual medical doctor or midwife would know that to the extent anatomy relates to ease of birth it has to do with pelvic structure not readily apparent to the naked eye.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Shouldn't home owners be entitled to a key to their house?

quote:

This might be the wrong forum here but I feel like it's in the line of personal finance. I recently inherited a house with an easement on it that my sister gets to live there rent free for the next 18 years, as long as she maintains the property, pays insurance, taxes and pays for any upkeep even if of a capital nature. My mom's will states that the house has to be in the same condition as it was on the day that she passes.

After going through probate for 4 years the house was finally put in my name. During which time I was not allowed to enter the property, or take photos. I had to send in a third party real estate agent to inspect it because of capital gains taxes on my mom's estate. During which I asked him to take photos of the home and he said that my sister would not allow him to do it and slapped the camera out of his hands. He was not happy and said that he would not being going back there, he also said the house was a hoarding house, and smelled like cat piss.

My sister is one of the most difficult people to get along with, and has actively bullied me my entire youth until I moved out at 17. This whole situation has left me filled with anxiety and fear of dealing with her.

I wanted to sell the property but I would have to sell it with the easement of her living there, which no one wanted to buy because in other words she comes with the house. I cannot sell it to her directly because she cannot be approved for a mortgage.

She has argued with me, and thrown screaming fits of rage to tears every step of the way, she wants to keep the home insurance in my deceased mother's name and have that bill and the property tax sent to my dad's house and deal with it there.

My dad doesn't want to deal with it and is stressed out. I told her that the property taxes and the insurance has to be changed into my name and she argued and sent me awful messages to me and my dad for 3-4 days until she finally stopped.

Today I told her that my husband and I will be doing a home inspection on July 1st giving her ample time. I told her that I will be coming in taking photos and changing over insurance in my name, and will need a key to the house.

She is adamantly arguing now that I do not need a key to her house. How can I convince her that I need one? Legally I was advised to have one because it's my property, but she cannot be reasoned with and I don't really have a solid answer as to why that is... I was hoping you guys could help me formulate something that makes sense to tell her.
Next step I'm going to have to tell her that if she does not comply I will have someone come over and change the locks and give her a key.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

odiv posted:

Is mom here some sort of chaos agent that hates her family, that she would put all of them in this situation?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Propaniac posted:

Don't read this

I skimmed down, saw the words “from a pathos perspective” and decided this guy needs to be swirlied to death

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

Is mom here some sort of chaos agent that hates her family, that she would put all of them in this situation?

Almost certainly the person that enabled sister through her entire childhood of bullying OP and becoming a hoarder in adulthood

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Someone who needs a singing telegram that is just the person saying "DIPAC" over and over again

AITA for refusing to pay for my boyfriend's food after he ruined my food photos?

quote:

I have an Instagram account dedicated to photos and short videos of food from local restaurants in my city. I don't turn meals into a whole photoshoot production when I go out, but I like to snap a few photos of everything as it comes out. I've got about 1000 followers, it's just a hobby for me but I have made friends with some other bloggers and we like to go out and get pics together and try new restaurants. I prefer doing this with my foodie girls because my boyfriend HATES it, and will go out of his way to take a big bite of food or mess up his plate with his fork before I can snap any pics, and he rolls his eyes when I take pics of my own food so I pretty much stopped bothering when we went out together.

Money has been tight lately because of some medical bills, so I haven't been able to go out to eat with my foodie girls and the infrequent date with my boyfriend is the only chance I get to eat out. I had to sit him down and have a "Look, just let me enjoy things," conversation with him and told him I was gonna take pics of my own food when we went out and could he please just not be immature about it. And since we alternate who pays for dates, I told him I would appreciate it if he could spare the 30 seconds for me to snap a pic of the appetizer + his meal on nights that I was paying, and I got a sort of half-hearted "do whatever you want" confirmation.

Sunday was my turn to pay, and he let me take a pic of the appetizer with minimal fussing. But then when the entrees came out, I went to snap a pic of his and he messed it up with his fork. Then he reached over and stirred up MY pasta to also ruin the photo of my own meal! I was so pissed off by that that I refused to pay his half at the end of the meal, which pissed him off because he said he wouldn't have ordered a cocktail if he knew that I was gonna skip my turn. He says I owe him one because I don't get to just decide not to pay according to our agreement after we've already ordered.
OP couldn't even manage the customary AITA praise for their partner as usually so sweet and kind and generous and wonderful. Time to heed the wisdom of dasharez0ne and Hit Da Bricks.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

odiv posted:

Sell the place for whatever you can get (even if it's a dollar) and let somebody who's not a family member deal with it. The place is a loss no matter the way you look at it so let the sister deal with some shitheel who'd love to harass somebody out of their place.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

House is insured and the sister sucks rear end? Sounds like a job for Arsyn Europa.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

the holy poopacy posted:

What's fun is that many women have wider hips because they're overweight and I can't imagine anybody who cares about "childbearing hips" being interested in a woman who also has a belly.

quote:

DEAR ABBY: I struggled for years with vomiting and nausea, as well as other digestive issues I dismissed as having a “sensitive stomach.” When my fiance, “Marc,” and I started dating, he urged me to find out the cause of my issues. Six months ago, I was diagnosed with celiac disease, an autoimmune disorder that is managed through a gluten-free diet.

Marc has been incredibly supportive, and our kitchen is mostly gluten-free. I can get fairly sick, so we are pretty careful. There’s just one issue: I can get cross-contaminated if he kisses me after eating gluten, and he does eat gluten quite often. It can be resolved if he brushes his teeth thoroughly, but he brushes his teeth only every two or three days.

Marc is a grown man, and while we’ve discussed it briefly from a health standpoint, I don’t want to be responsible for managing his oral hygiene. That needs to be his responsibility. I don’t know where to draw the line, though, without being controlling. Is it reasonable to expect my fiance to brush his teeth after eating gluten? Or every morning and evening? Or must I just accept that I won’t be able to kiss him except on rare occasions? -- BAD KISS IN KANSAS

DEAR BAD KISS: If kissing your fiance causes you to have episodes of nausea and vomiting (as well as other digestive issues), out of respect for your welfare, your fiance should be willing, if not eager, to modify his snacking habits. Insisting that he do what dental health professionals have urged as far back as I can remember is not “controlling” -- it is protecting your health and his. SPEAK UP!

A while ago I tried to find a funny story about a woman whose boyfriend wouldn't brush his teeth and was horrified at how many different things came up. Grown adults who refuse to brush their teeth (without a reason like depression or sensory issues) should be punished by mockery so severe it gives them ptsd.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

FMguru posted:

Someone who needs a singing telegram that is just the person saying "DIPAC" over and over again

AITA for refusing to pay for my boyfriend's food after he ruined my food photos?

OP couldn't even manage the customary AITA praise for their partner as usually so sweet and kind and generous and wonderful. Time to heed the wisdom of dasharez0ne and Hit Da Bricks.

That guy absolutely sucks and is TA, but does she need to take pictures of his food too? I only say this from the perspective of someone who's had some experience with the "wait I need to get a photo of everything!" situation when I'm already hungry, it gets old.

That said, she enjoys it and he's going out of his way to ruin her enjoyment of this minor thing, so yeah she definitely needs to break up with him.

e: Also that teeth brushing one above is almost parody, like "it gives me horrible stomach pain when I kiss my boyfriend but he refuses to take thirty seconds to brush his teeth to prevent this, should I just suck it up?" That poor OP.

MK-Ultramarathon fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 23, 2023

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

wheatpuppy posted:

"Have you met my other children, Felonee and Missy Elliott?"

"This is my daughter Misty...Misty Meener"

FMguru posted:

Sure, it's the boyfriend's fault his girlfriend is an insufferable fake "influencer" who can't stop her social media bullshit for 5 minutes & enjoy situations :rolleyes: "oh no I can't show online strangers some plates of food from fancy restaurants, my life is ruuuiiinnneeeddd"

Nobody needs to document every single second of their mundane boring-rear end life, give me a break

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Nobody needs to document every single second of their mundane boring-rear end life, give me a break

Yet you continue to post?

Also I don't think there is any reason for the young lady to not take photos of the food, doesn't seem to be harming anyone

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

BOOTY-ADE posted:

"This is my daughter Misty...Misty Meener"

Sure, it's the boyfriend's fault his girlfriend is an insufferable fake "influencer" who can't stop her social media bullshit for 5 minutes & enjoy situations :rolleyes: "oh no I can't show online strangers some plates of food from fancy restaurants, my life is ruuuiiinnneeeddd"

quote:

I don't turn meals into a whole photoshoot production when I go out, but I like to snap a few photos of everything as it comes out. I've got about 1000 followers, it's just a hobby for me but I have made friends with some other bloggers and we like to go out and get pics together and try new restaurants.

You seem to have missed this part, unless you think she's lying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

haveblue posted:

Arsyn Lupin, the gentleperson thief
You called?