Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
That’s an interesting change, scrolling through the app, I do like putting an order in for the future and then adjusting as needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Trip report: Guardians is the best ride in the parks now and it isn't even close. Tron is ok.

I really enjoyed Victoria and Alberts, but my wife didn't so it's not going to be an every trip thing :negative:

We both enjoyed Takumi-Tei, so I can maybe make that a regular thing instead.

Jiko's short rib is still my individual favorite thing to eat though.

Animal Kingdom Lodge was nice, we had standard view but it was over the back side that had some animals and I think it spoiled us to be able to watch the animals in the morning during breakfast and we'll probably pay up for savannah view next time. It's very nice having a morning distraction for our son.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Trip report: Guardians is the best ride in the parks now and it isn't even close. Tron is ok.

I really enjoyed Victoria and Alberts, but my wife didn't so it's not going to be an every trip thing :negative:

We both enjoyed Takumi-Tei, so I can maybe make that a regular thing instead.

Jiko's short rib is still my individual favorite thing to eat though.

Animal Kingdom Lodge was nice, we had standard view but it was over the back side that had some animals and I think it spoiled us to be able to watch the animals in the morning during breakfast and we'll probably pay up for savannah view next time. It's very nice having a morning distraction for our son.

What didn't she like about V&A? It was a highlight of our honeymoon but that was almost 6 years ago

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Looks like Florida really doesn't want our business :stare:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

yeah I'm actually entering it daily. It'd be a nice thing to win and take the spouse,, you know? Especially if they convert the starcruiser stay part to any deluxe resort.

Same.

But as someone who got to see Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, there's part of me that just wants to be able to check out the Starcruiser before it goes away as it's too strange to exist.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Arquinsiel posted:

Looks like Florida really doesn't want our business :stare:

What's this in regards to? Hard to keep up here with the stupidity of DeSantis and his cronies.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 20, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

What's this in regards to? Hard to keep up here with the stupidity of ReSantis and his cronies.

DeSantis' response to Disney's announcements has been classic sour grapes stuff.

But also probably the anti-trans kidnapping bill.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Desantis eats pudding with his hands

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Bottom Liner posted:

What's this in regards to? Hard to keep up here with the stupidity of DeSantis and his cronies.
HB1521 passing. The internet's had time to digest it and it makes the entire state not somewhere I would voluntarily be.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

alg posted:

What didn't she like about V&A? It was a highlight of our honeymoon but that was almost 6 years ago

She doesn't care for overly rich foods, she liked the first few courses but didn't care for the rest but felt obligated to eat them anyway sincenit was so expensive.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Arquinsiel posted:

HB1521 passing. The internet's had time to digest it and it makes the entire state not somewhere I would voluntarily be.

this is just another reason for me to get my poo poo checked and see if I really am a visibly female XY person like a couple of my doctors suspect based on my testosterone levels and a bunch of other fun hosed up poo poo going on. I wasn't going to get it done because the last thing I want is more stuff formally diagnosed but man, I already identify on an uncertain tilt-a-whirl of non-binary/genderfluid. Being like no, they are all mine, by law, would be pretty cool.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

After seven (?) years of visiting WDW, I saw Fantasmic in person for the first time tonight.

We always used to watch Galactic Spectacular or go on rides during Fantasmic, then when Galactic got canned Covid hit and Fantasmic went on hiatus. Anyway, poo poo rules. I kept wondering why they never used Show Yourself or the How Far I’ll Go reprise in any shows, but it turns out they were hiding in Fantasmic all along (edit: vvvv thanks Cap). Jafar snake was cheesy but the Maleficent dragon was metal as hell and I loved the triple-Mickey-teleportation at the end.

I also went on Rise of the Resistance after and discovered it had a nighttime overlay I didn’t know about for the ship sequences, since I’ve only ridden it during the day. Bummed the heavy laser cannons don’t move anymore when you drive through them though.

Good first day breaking in my new AP.

Edit: oh and James Woods was a great Hades but can we get rid of that miserable shitbag already

Hazo fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 21, 2023

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Hazo posted:

Anyway, poo poo rules. I kept wondering why they never used Show Yourself or the How Far I’ll Go reprise in any shows, but it turns out they were hiding in Fantasmic all along.
Only since the post-COVID rework, actually. It used to be an extended Pocahontas sequence.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Fantasmic is a great show.

What's the RotR overlay like? External stuff?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Arquinsiel posted:

Fantasmic is a great show.

What's the RotR overlay like? External stuff?

Batuu is shown at night time through the “windows” of the ships when you’re leaving on the transport and crash landing back down on the escape pod.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Oh that's cute. Real nice little bit of versimilatude that you might otherwise miss.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
It does that on Smuggler's Run as well. Also I think on the Space restaurant.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Hazo posted:

I kept wondering why they never used Show Yourself or the How Far I’ll Go reprise in any shows

How Far I'll Go is also used in the new parade on the west coast.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

It does that on Smuggler's Run as well. Also I think on the Space restaurant.
Star Tours too, if you get Batuu.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

Only since the post-COVID rework, actually. It used to be an extended Pocahontas sequence.

complete with a playing of "savages" in the background and whew.

Whew.

i am very glad it's dead and gone.

Hazo posted:

After seven (?) years of visiting WDW, I saw Fantasmic in person for the first time tonight.

It's the absolute best. The teleport at the end destroys the crowd :3:

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
The teleport is my favorite part, the rest is fine but I only want the intro and ending so I can be in pure five year old awe.

Some kind of imagination, huh.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I first saw Fantasmic when I was 11. I was starting to feel like I'd outgrown Disney stuff a little. Then suddenly Mickey shows up and starts shooting magic at the bad guys and kicking all sorts of rear end. I loved it.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
The middle of the show kind of bores me a touch, but god, the opening is incredible, and once Mickey starts fighting the villains, it just can't be beat.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

yeah sorcerer mickey loving exploding the world into fireworks and water jets from the top of a cliffside is some drat cool stuff.

honestly everything is.

it's all very good.

the jafar snake is kind of slow and the animal explosion at the beginning for jungle book/lion king is a weird spot these days but it made a lot of sense when it first came into being since that stuff was a bit more relevant and popped up in relevancy again in the past many years. I'd still like to see more updated effects for some stuff, though.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The Florida version of Fantasmic has a lot of filler because they needed to expand it to justify the time and dedication it takes to see it in a big amphitheater. The original show at Disneyland can be observed while walking around, or at least that was the original intention.

That said, the new version at Disneyland (ignoring that the dragon caught on fire on the show is on hiatus) is a huge downgrade and now Florida has the superior version.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

It is legitimately wild that Fantasmic has been running in one form or another for 30 years now, and doubly so that it was originally intended to have a set end date and get cycled out like every other nightly entertainment. If they ever closed it down, there'd be riots.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I went to DHS like 10 times last year and have never seen it.

I'm going to DLR next week so I guess I still won't see it. RIP Dragon.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Turn star cruiser into a lazertag area with cosplay

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Upsidads posted:

Turn star cruiser into a lazertag area with cosplay

turn star cruiser into a moana play area complete with an ocean that attacks you when you're snotty to it.

like come on disney, harness the power of water to slap me around.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

This is not directly Disney parks related but I really need to go to Lakeland Antique Mall when I'm back down in a few weeks. It's been far too long since I've spent money on silly bullshit and I really want some weird HHN props.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
My old manager opened Fant in DHS and my favorite story is how originally at the end with Malificent Mickey was going to walk on water and it lasted all the way up until an executive preview right before public openings and someone was like uhhhh maybe we don’t want that taken the wrong way.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Bbq roundup for vegetarians rocks!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Cais posted:

My old manager opened Fant in DHS and my favorite story is how originally at the end with Malificent Mickey was going to walk on water and it lasted all the way up until an executive preview right before public openings and someone was like uhhhh maybe we don’t want that taken the wrong way.
The track listing in the original soundtrack is still "Mickey Walks On Water/Evil Destroyed".

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Apparently in a call with J.P. Morgan, Josh D'Mauro said that the Starcruiser would give the company a $300 million tax write-off. The building itself has devalued that much, apparently. Leads me to think that Starcruiser is more likely to get demolished before they ever try and refurbish or repurpose it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Cais posted:

I wish they'd do it now so the christian folks could yell about it. The internet is big. I could read the comments section.

Doronin posted:

Apparently in a call with J.P. Morgan, Josh D'Mauro said that the Starcruiser would give the company a $300 million tax write-off. The building itself has devalued that much, apparently. Leads me to think that Starcruiser is more likely to get demolished before they ever try and refurbish or repurpose it.

if they bulldoze that thing it'll be the funniest stuff ever

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Doronin posted:

Josh D'Mauro said that the Starcruiser would give the company a $300 million tax write-off

Only registered members can see post attachments!

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Doronin posted:

Yeah it's worth way more as a loss on the books than trying to generate some revenue from it at this point in time.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Doronin posted:

The building itself has devalued that much, apparently.

Well yeah, it's in Florida

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Bottom Liner posted:

Well yeah, it's in Florida

ha, true. Three of my friends sold their homes and left the state in the past month alone.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

if they bulldoze that thing it'll be the funniest stuff ever

Agreed. Can't wait for all the abandoned building and urban exploration videos it'll probably inspire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Doronin posted:

They're able to roll up the full lifetime depreciation into their fiscal year, which ends on October 1st. This means they also get to go "here's all the revenue we would have made if we didn't close it" and add that onto their tax break. It's kind of depressing that Disney are doing short-term disaster capitalism thinking but I guess that'd be one way of escaping Florida faster.