Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna have to find a couple defensemen and that's easy peasy and Nill has always delivered on that :v:

Bwahahaha I can't believe Ryan Suter gave me such a gift last game. I can lay game 2 entirely on Nill's feet. What a relief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress Dallas

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Shinjobi posted:

Gonna have to find a couple defensemen and that's easy peasy and Nill has always delivered on that :v:

Bwahahaha I can't believe Ryan Suter gave me such a gift last game. I can lay game 2 entirely on Nill's feet. What a relief.

Could we interest you in one (1) only Tyler Myers? He's very tall, and I've heard that you can't teach that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Edit: for God's sake

fartknocker posted:

gently caress Dallas

gently caress you!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

fartknocker posted:

gently caress Dallas

Two teams on the ice tonight are working on this!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/SportsSturm/status/1661174235513995266?s=20

It just keeps happening. We'll never escape St. Louis. Even when they're not here.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I was rooting for the Stars after a good clean series against the Kraken. This is bumming me out.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
gotta imagine dallas scores here

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Lessail posted:

yeah I can imagine all sorts of wild stuff

When Dallas goes full implosion basically nothing goes their way as they dive head first into the abyss. It's been one of the defining features of the team since the early 2000's.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lessail posted:

Please go jump into a well and just chill in there for an eternity or something

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
dallas was actually doing pretty good for the previous two games, they just decided to throw this one directly into the garbage

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

las vegas dead pools vs. the florida atlantic meridional overturning circulations

edit: is the bang guy still there

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

this bad game is now becoming a dumb game

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

why is hague getting penalized? he didn't react at all

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

4 goals on 14 shots lmao

Wtf Domi

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lol yeah throw trash on the ice, why not

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
hoo boy dallas

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Game Misconduct for Domi

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nice meltdown

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

actionjackson posted:

why is hague getting penalized? he didn't react at all

yeah, what? buh

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Give the fans a penalty you cowards.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
gently caress Max Domi, don’t resign that guy.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Refs gotta even out the penalties

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

here comes the debris

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Ending the period with 21.6 seconds left lmao

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

2 minutes for being boarded lol

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

gently caress Max Domi, don’t resign that guy.

been saying this since they traded for him

it's my biggest fear for the off-season tbh.. the team seems to have talked him up as this key piece for them when in reality the guy has 5 goals in 36 games for them and he's been a disaster in his own end and taking penalties.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I love going to Stars games but seriously gently caress the fans for throwing poo poo on the ice like upset toddlers.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

so if someone hits another player, and the other players does nothing, the second player still gets a two minute minor (and first player gets a five minute major)?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

poemdexter posted:

I love going to Stars games but seriously gently caress the fans for throwing poo poo on the ice like upset toddlers.

On the flip side I am genuinely shocked they had it in em

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Max Domi sucks rear end, and I can say that as a Coyotes fan

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

actionjackson posted:

so if someone hits another player, and the other players does nothing, the second player still gets a two minute minor (and first player gets a five minute major)?

uhh it depends

NHL referees are big time game managers that will look for any excuse to even up penalties (or atleast partially off-set) in a situation like this where the game is running out of control. Basically they think if they just start removing players from each team it will calm the waters and prevent another player on Dallas trying to decapitate someone on Vegas with their stick.

Stuff that would be nothing in a close game is now going to be called. They will be looking for excuses to give players 10 minute misconducts if this continues to try and remove the guys that are more likely to do something stupid.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/SinBinVegas/status/1661188768651526147

lol

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Shinjobi posted:

On the flip side I am genuinely shocked they had it in em

I hope it's just a few fans and they get permabanned forever. In the end, it's just a game and everyone paid money to have a good time, not sit around and wait for assholes to calm down.

Also, wife and I were planning on going to at least one game during this series but got busy and instead watched from home. The overtime losses hurt but I would be super mad if I was in the AA Center tonight. Bad fans is a pet peeve for me.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Under no circumstances may you hop the glass and attempt to play defense, as sorely needed as it may be for someone to fill the position

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

if the entire dallas roster takes a game misconduct does vegas get to just shoot on an empty net for a while?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

secret volcano lair posted:

if the entire dallas roster takes a game misconduct does vegas get to just shoot on an empty net for a while?

Is there a minimum amount of people that need to be on the ice?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

poemdexter posted:

Is there a minimum amount of people that need to be on the ice?

yes

in theory if enough Dallas players get kicked out of the game / are ineligible to play at any moment they forfeit the game. Don't ask me what that number is, I think it's like 8 skaters or something lol

(so that would be the 6 guys on the ice plus 2 or 3 substitutes.. I can't remember what the exact number is..

**I don't believe this has ever actually happened in the NHL, but the rules are there for player safety to prevent a situation where players would be on the ice constantly.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 24, 2023

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
USA hockey says any team with less than four skaters must forfeit. Not sure what NHL rules are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh poo poo everybody get ahead of the curve now and bust out your "racist Stars fan gets knocked out by the slowest haymaker on earth" photoshops!!!!!