Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Creepers had better be voiced by Harry Peacock.

Throw in Richard Ayoade, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

oh that sucks, Stevenson was fun as hell in RRR (i can't seem to find one video which is not a short nor one with video game footage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxcpPEwQoMI

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
first time i watched RRR I didn't even know that was him. I always thought he still looked like Pullo :smith: you can't have a minecraft movie without adam driver

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wait, Dan Schneider is actually involved in Good Burger 2? After Nickelodeon swore there was nothing more to firing the guy that’s made them hundreds of millions over the years right in the middle of #MeToo? The guy that was mentioned over and over in Jennette McCurdy’s book?

But then again, Nickelodeon rehired someone that was caught on To Catch a Predator, so I’m not entirely surprised.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ironic given Nick runs backgrounds checks on extras when no other studio does but here we are

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Alan Smithee posted:

ironic given Nick runs backgrounds checks on extras when no other studio does but here we are

I think those checks are just to make sure the girls are on birth control

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Schneider got fired in 2018 by Nickelodeon

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Schneider got fired in 2018 by Nickelodeon

Which is in my post.

EDIT: The guy I was referring to is Justin Smith. He’s an editor that was caught and featured on To Catch a Predator in 2006, fired from Nickelodeon in 2007, and then rehired in 2019 to work on SpongeBob.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tina Turner died.
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1661442743821025280?t=74DLMyJ14WcPSibu927-4w&s=19

https://www.reuters.com/world/singer-tina-turner-dies-aged-83-2023-05-24/

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

She's beyond Thunderdome now.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Max (the new combo app from HBOMax/Discovery+) lumped writers and directors as "creators", everyone got mad (especially striking unions), and now they are backtracking and throwing their tech people under the bus. Also I've heard the new app is awful and crashes constantly.

quote:

Warner Bros. Discovery’s newly launched Max lumped film directors and writers under a single “creators” heading — a change that prompted a backlash from filmmakers and Hollywood’s directors and writers guilds. Now the company says it is reverting the listings back to how they were presented on HBO Max, blaming the issue on a technical “oversight.”

“We agree that the talent behind the content on Max deserve their work to be properly recognized,” a Max spokesperson said in a statement to Variety. “We will correct the credits, which were altered due to an oversight in the technical transition from HBO Max to Max and we apologize for this mistake.”
https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/max-film-credit-listings-change-directors-writers-backlash-1235624049/

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I used it last night for awhile and it didn't crash, but this was a long time after it had launched

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

While everyone is mourning Tina Turner and rightfully so, it looks like Kenneth Anger of Scorpio Rising and Hollywood Babylon fame has passed.
https://twitter.com/Criterion/status/1661425985588264961?s=20

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Watching Scorpio Rising and expecting a spy-thriller was certainly an experience.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

reboot gay nazi biker movie

but as Mad Max-Akira street thrasher

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Full Barbie trailer is out. Probably gives away too much of the plot.

https://youtu.be/pBk4NYhWNMM

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
Barbie would be so much more interesting to me if it were just a straightforward rom-com with a strong aesthetic instead of this grand thesis statement about the brand itself.

The reference point should have been The Young Girls of Rochefort, not The Lego Movie.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
https://twitter.com/kojironanjo/status/1661772826897002507?s=20

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
Also, I'm half expecting Will Ferrell's corporate boss character to be a Ken who left Barbieworld

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

High Warlord Zog posted:

Also, I'm half expecting Will Ferrell's corporate boss character to be a Ken who left Barbieworld

he'll turn out to be the same dad as the end of the Lego movie now ignoring his daughter

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

he'll turn out to be the same dad as the end of the Lego movie now ignoring his daughter

This would be the greatest cinematic universe ever.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1662220813892980737

I hope everyone strikes

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

And then the FX people take the time to unionize in the meantime.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Remember when Fran Drescher got fake-married to that guy that claims he invented email and that COVID is a vitamin deficiency?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Wonder if the MAX app attempting to strip credits away from everyone is pushing folks over the line

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I didn't know the nanny is a union leader

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

feedmyleg posted:

And then the FX people take the time to unionize in the meantime.

I don't think a union is going to fix the problem with FX. A bunch of different countries/states/regions all competing with each other with tax credits means that hollywood will just move on to the next place if a union is formed. Unions and strikes are going to do jack poo poo if the entire work force is regularly fired anyways and there is no interest in sticking to one place or even the same country.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I believe SAG and possibly also the DGA have contracts running out in June, so at the very least SAG wants to go to the negotiating table with a preemptive strike vote already done.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I believe SAG and possibly also the DGA have contracts running out in June, so at the very least SAG wants to go to the negotiating table with a preemptive strike vote already done.

Both SAG-AFTRA and the DGA's collective bargaining agreements expire on June 30.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I didn't know the nanny is a union leader

It tracks, the show has a whole episode about her refusing to cross a picket line.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

drescher's been through some poo poo and fought for a lot of good causes, so she can have just a little covid denialism, as a treat

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

you do not gotta hand it to her

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

kalel posted:

drescher's been through some poo poo and fought for a lot of good causes, so she can have just a little covid denialism, as a treat

Eh supposedly they split up in 2016 so she may not have been a COVID denier, she was just briefly (fake) married to a guy who's the kind of dipshit to pretend he invented email and also deny COVID.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

Eh supposedly they split up in 2016 so she may not have been a COVID denier, she was just briefly (fake) married to a guy who's the kind of dipshit to pretend he invented email and also deny COVID.

No, she is. https://deadline.com/2022/12/sag-aftra-fran-drescher-hollywood-covid-vaccination-mandate-1235192611/amp/

She also is only pushing for this strike vote because she previously said she didn’t support it and got chewed out by the base for it. https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1655727130418860033?s=20

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

kalel posted:

She lives in Hollywood, what do you expect.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The Hollywood SAG actors I know are 5/5 for vaccine skeptism, 2 of them pretty seriously. You may want to consider that some of this poo poo is definitely Hollywood sub-culture.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It doesn't really surprise me when we look at the fact that Scientology spread for so long in Hollywood too

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I just assume that all actors believe stupid/insane things then I can be pleasantly surprised if one of them says something reasonable.

COVID and vaccine denialism are comparatively dull as far as celebrity beliefs go. Terrence Howard, for example, believes that he's invented his own version of mathematics that has disproven gravity.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Hollywood actors are a population of dopes that collectively have a large audience. If you're selling BS, you want to aggressively target them because they're a powerful vector to getting at more people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I'm sure part of it is also that COVID just really fucks up working in Hollywood, or even just the image of working in Hollywood. How are you supposed to give your contacts/friends a peck on the cheek with something like COVID around? The peck on the cheek is vitally important for networking and socializing and whatnot, so surely whatever keeps me from doing it can't be real.