Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Shinjobi posted:

I just wanna say the system to make more batteries is redundant and dumb

Does not need two currencies and two different places to make em. Just let me convert the zoanite directly, what the hell

I can only guess that they did it this way so they could give you the crystal rewards sometimes and you’d still have zonite to autobuild stuff when you want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah it would be lame to beat a boss or camo and get some stupid zonaite. I used that stuff for AutoBuild not crystalized charges

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Can I really not convert large zonite into regular zonite?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tayter Swift posted:

Can I really not convert large zonite into regular zonite?

Why would you want to do that?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I was all excited to be done with battery upgrades thinking that I finally finished something in this game only to learn there’s a whole second layer

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
you know for like 80 hours i beat up friends of the red goo vampire guy and wondered what the upper right section of the skill wheel was until i was forced into finding out and i gotta say i'm a little mad about it

tldr: i got majora's mask before i got this stupid camera

Dollas fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 24, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I found a really easy way to beat Lynels today. Using a 2 handed sword, initiate a charge spin attack, lock on and put yourself right by his back leg and belly/ribs? It's basically a classic dark souls strafe trick, you can stay on his nook and he can't reach you with his attacks. And apparently the two handed swing attack counts as blocking or deflecting the spin attacks Lynels will do. I thought I just got lucky and buffed the I out or something the first time but I did it on 3 of them after with same success. The real limit at that point is damage of sword and durability.

Super simple and you can also use your about to break weapons for the mount attack as a bonus. Although I suspect it would be faster to just do another round of charge swings.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Snake Maze posted:

I’m pretty sure you can do exactly that? She does way more damage with silver monster parts fused on her arms

Just started on the last leg of this quest, I'm not sure how the weapon durability works here--if you fuse weapons to her arms, do they have durability? How about while you're riding her? I've been too nervous to waste my good weapons on her. I assume that like your own weapons, monster parts and gems won't have durability when used as arm fusions?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Nihonniboku posted:

Why would you want to do that?

I dont know what else to do with it :shrug: I was hoping I could convert it to battery life.

I don't necessarily know how the hell the whole zonite/charge/temporary charge things work or interact.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Huh? Stuff fused to your weapon does have durability, i've had my fused parts break before my weapon does.

and far as I can tell stuff fused has durability like normal, presumably some zonai device bonus since cannons and such seem to last for more than they do on a shield or something I feel, but haven't tested to compare. I already closed game but seemed like they hit for weapon damage, it's just slower and more awkward than normal attacks, plus you give up other options

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Khanstant posted:

Huh? Stuff fused to your weapon does have durability, i've had my fused parts break before my weapon does.

and far as I can tell stuff fused has durability like normal, presumably some zonai device bonus since cannons and such seem to last for more than they do on a shield or something I feel, but haven't tested to compare. I already closed game but seemed like they hit for weapon damage, it's just slower and more awkward than normal attacks, plus you give up other options

Weapons fused to your weapon have durability. Monster parts and diamonds have never broken for me; at the very least, the hilt gives out before the parts do so when they get red I can take them to the goron kid, defuse them, and fuse them to a new weapon. If they have durability I've never reached it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So Cece is totally drugging people with these mushrooms she's giving out, right? :v: That's why I'm not supposed to give them to kids?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tayter Swift posted:

I dont know what else to do with it :shrug: I was hoping I could convert it to battery life.

I don't necessarily know how the hell the whole zonite/charge/temporary charge things work or interact.

Zonai Charges are the little orbs that drop off every robot you kill, plus the dusty robot corpses lying around. The large ones you get as chest rewards and whatnot in shrines and poo poo. Their main use is plopping into gumball machines to get shitloads of zonai toys. You can eat/use them in the menu to gain battery life in an emergency as well.

Crystalized Charges, the glowing little triangles, are the upgrade currency for battery. You give them to the robot outside of lookout town. The primary way of acquiring these is fighting yiga camps, pursuing khoga, finding forges and chests underground, and fighting bosses in the depths.

Zonaite ore is the stripey rocks you get hundreds of everywhere underground. LArge zonaite is the rarer form of it. Primary use for little zonaite is AutoBuild. Large Zonaite occasionally asked for upgrades.

Excess zonaite can be traded at certain refinery/forge areas to the robot manning the furnace and shop shelves. You can buy some amount of crystalized charges per forge (idk if it restocks, i didn't usually even buy the initial stock). You can also waste zonaite on plain temp charges, but, why would you ever?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Argue posted:

Weapons fused to your weapon have durability. Monster parts and diamonds have never broken for me; at the very least, the hilt gives out before the parts do so when they get red I can take them to the goron kid, defuse them, and fuse them to a new weapon. If they have durability I've never reached it.

Ah I gotcha. Well I know monster parts have durability in the situation in question about, I have definitely fused monster parts from ground and had them bust. No idea how much durability it had compared to anything else.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tayter Swift posted:

Large zonaite is used to buy large crystalized charges, which I believe you can buy one large (worth 20 crystalized charges) for 3 large zonaite. So 15 large zonaite will get you an extra battery segment.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Large Zonite is for battery upgrades and small zonite is for autobuild shenanigans

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha holy poo poo, I picked up a Korok to bring him to his friend and accidentally dropped him off a cliff :haw:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Rageaholic posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo, I picked up a Korok to bring him to his friend and accidentally dropped him off a cliff :haw:

:patriot: Thank you for your service

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
every korok is the soul of a murderer trapped in wood as part of their hell

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Darth Nat posted:

So they tell you it's in the mini-dungeon before the Water Temple, right? And you go back there and it's mysteriously been drained of water, right? So try looking around on the floor for a hole or something.
I was looking to obtain it before I even started the dungeon so nobody told me anything.

I felt like a genius when I figured out that apple picking trick on my own. Now I have a blueprint just full of a bunch of poo poo just to pull stuff off the shelves in the depths.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 24, 2023

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I just figured Large Zonaite were just a larger form of Zonaite currency, and it never clicked that Zonai charges are different than Element charges.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Argue posted:

Just started on the last leg of this quest, I'm not sure how the weapon durability works here--if you fuse weapons to her arms, do they have durability? How about while you're riding her? I've been too nervous to waste my good weapons on her. I assume that like your own weapons, monster parts and gems won't have durability when used as arm fusions?

As far as I can tell stuff on her arms just has durability like usual, whether or not you’re riding. Zonai parts on the arm last a while but still run out eventually. She doesn’t seem to have any friendly fire though, so you can put cannons or flame emitters on her arm without worrying about getting blown up.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I may have cheesed the hell out of the West Lomei Labyrinth with judicious use of ascend and I don’t regret it

(Immediately died to phantom ganon shortly thereafter)

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

What triggers koroks giving you the breadcrumb for Lost Forest? I realize things changed before and after the prompt.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Excess zonaite can be traded at certain refinery/forge areas to the robot manning the furnace and shop shelves. You can buy some amount of crystalized charges per forge (idk if it restocks, i didn't usually even buy the initial stock). You can also waste zonaite on plain temp charges, but, why would you ever?

Since Large Zonaite can't be used for autobuild shenanigans, once you've maxed out your battery, the best use for Large Zonaite is to buy the large zonai charges because the large charges do two things aside from being gacha currency: fully refill your battery to max and gives you a special charge on your battery that lasts for a specific duration (something like 30 seconds?) regardless of how much battery would it would normally use up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Welp I completed all Temples, got all Sages, got the Master Sword, all the Memories, and followed the main plot to the fight with the Demon King. I have 21 hearts 3 bars of Stamina, and 64 defense from upgrading my gear, and have top quality weapons.

I got my rear end kicked. Do I just need more hearts? The second phase seems overwhelming.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Idk but I hope I get my rear end kicked when I go

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Anyone know which shops sell rice? Doing the Lurelin reconstruction but the Lookout shop only stocks three at a time.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Pirate Radar posted:

Anyone know which shops sell rice? Doing the Lurelin reconstruction but the Lookout shop only stocks three at a time.

Go chop down grass outside and around Hateno for a bit. :v:

(I don't actually remember which shops sell Rice. Probably Kakariko though?)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Hateno sells rice. Lookout does too.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Feel like it would’ve been cooler if the ancient sages had names and faces.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Why do they call me the swordsman when I’m the rockstickman

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Got it, thanks. Broke my sword cutting grass.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Just found the (armor spoiler) Tunic of the Wind

Wind Waker was my first Zelda, so finding this and reading the description - with its callout to Link’s grandma - hit me so directly in the nostalgia feels I still can’t properly put it into words

10/10 GOAT, wearing this tunic into the final battle

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's a little weird that I got less rice out of the actual field in Hateno than I did out of the grass around the field. More crickets, though.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Just realized that the only Lynels I've run across so far have been the armored silver gloom ones in the depths. Kinda curious if I just skipped straight to the hardest variant and the rest are gonna be piss easy now, or if there is a surprise yet in store for me. These fuckers take a lot of killing I tell you what.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Epic High Five posted:

Just realized that the only Lynels I've run across so far have been the armored silver gloom ones in the depths. Kinda curious if I just skipped straight to the hardest variant and the rest are gonna be piss easy now, or if there is a surprise yet in store for me. These fuckers take a lot of killing I tell you what.

yes

although I kind of almost like those because the armor pops off with a flurry rush from a good hammer and then you get a free spanking out of it and something to throw on your shield

MonsterEnvy posted:

Welp I completed all Temples, got all Sages, got the Master Sword, all the Memories, and followed the main plot to the fight with the Demon King. I have 21 hearts 3 bars of Stamina, and 64 defense from upgrading my gear, and have top quality weapons.

I got my rear end kicked. Do I just need more hearts? The second phase seems overwhelming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPMFWxabKEw

but seriously it's about defensive play and flurry rush more than anything, they replaced the old calamity gannon "parry everything" with the new 'dorf "dodge everything"

if you need practice, the phantom ganons have a lot of the same attack patterns with their individual weapons so if you turn off your sages to stop them from interrupting things you can get your practics in on the different attack timings

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I have a dumb question - how do you increase your Zonai battery?

I still have just 1 battery charge which is what you start out with, and I feel like I've either missed something or just being really stupid. I've used the gacha machines to get more toys to mess around with but I don't think they're used to increase the charge, right?

(if it's tied to a narrative thing then I'd rather not know specifics - I'll get there eventually I guess)

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bumhead posted:

I still have just 1 battery charge which is what you start out with, and I feel like I've either missed something or just being really stupid. I've used the gacha machines to get more toys to mess around with but I don't think they're used to increase the charge, right?

(if it's tied to a narrative thing then I'd rather not know specifics - I'll get there eventually I guess)

There are exactly two places to increase your battery, one is on the tutorial island right next to the rewind shrine, the other is on a rock just north of lookout landing, both are really easy to miss

you can find NPCs that trade zonite, small and large, for crystallized charges; 100 crystals = 1 battery pip, 3 battery pips per battery icon. there are a lot more npcs you can find to trade zonite for crystallized charges running around, but there's only those two that convert crystal to actual battery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Bumhead posted:

There are constructs some places who can help - you probably already met at least one.