Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
If it comes down to it, you can always do a refund on steam if it's still borked on release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Actually, I may have found out what the issue was, because of Final Fantasy XIV. Because of the latest patch today, I opened it and noticed that at random points, my character would stop receiving input from my controller for about a second or two. I looked it up, and found this was an issue with the Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator in the Device Manager, which automatically scans whenever a new device is connected. I disabled that, which fixed my problems in FFXIV... and after practicing in the training room in SF6 for ten minutes without noticing any stutters, seems to have fixed it for SF6 too.

Someone on the official forums theorized that FFXIV checks whenever a new device is connected whether it has to change controllers - code like this isn't uncommon, as software not being able to detect new controllers when they are plugged in is a regular issue in PC gaming. It would make sense for similar code to be in SF6, as controllers being disconnected/reconnected would be a common use case in tournaments, and that could cause hiccups if it were to happen during gameplay. Granted, disabling that device is probably a band-aid fix for a larger problem that is best solved by a clean install of Windows, but a fix is a fix.

Once again, thank you YoshiP

EDIT: Also this didn't happen to me when I was playing FFXIV like 6 months ago so it must be a relatively recent problem on my computer

Mr. Trampoline fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 23, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1661148981593010176?s=20

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

https://www.streetfighter.com/6/contents/characterquiz/en/

I got Blanka, the one character I have next to no interest in playing.

Exo-
Dec 8, 2021

I got Chun, who I actually played in the beta. But I also got Dynamic, and I don't really appreciate that.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

net cafe scandal posted:

Didn't get to play in the beta, but I got Ryu and Classic, so I feel like I was just called basic

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

net cafe scandal posted:

I got Luke ewwww

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I was told to try Chun-Li. Can't say I've ever enjoyed her moveset personally.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Medullah posted:

I got Luke ewwww

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/725229097483108386/1110754928760193115/LUKE_WINS_1_edit_edit.webm

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Juri. Guess I'm a feet guy now

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Got JP and he's definitely the third character I wanna play, but I was hoping for Marisa or Manon

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Artelier posted:

Got JP and he's definitely the third character I wanna play, but I was hoping for Marisa or Manon

lol those are also my top 3, I answered the questions based on how I play Zafina in Tekken and got recommended Dhalsim, which I can only attribute to racial stereotyping

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

https://twitter.com/broskifgc/status/1660924655652175873

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sq4DwQbLmA

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I got Marisa, but I may also have been slightly guiding them to that conclusion.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Kyosuke's back baby!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mr. Trampoline posted:

Is anyone else getting stutters with the beta or the demo on PC? I've tried a bunch of things but even on the training stage, I'll get intermittent bad stutters, sometimes disconnected to anything I'm doing in gameplay. I've tried updating my graphics drivers, setting my monitor's frame rate to 60hz, limiting the internal resolution to 1, but nothing's working to completely cure it. I have a good computer with a 3080 and Strive works great, so I'm not sure what's going on.

hey i was having the exact same issue on my asus g14 laptop running a ryzen and a 3060 on windows 10.

upgraded to 11, downloaded a new nvidia driver immediately after, problem solved.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

net cafe scandal posted:

Honda apparently. No objections, I'll just add him to the list of characters to try.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 24, 2023

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The thing I'm looking forward to in World Tour is getting a chance to sample everyone's moves a little bit while I also figure out how to play lol.

I got washed in my placement matches going 1-9, and my one win was when i did nothing but hit my anti-air button, slide, and DI

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Modern and Classic are grooves. Except more so.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I ended up missing the beta because it was the same week as ToTk.

When I fire up the game properly for the first time what am I looking to learn/watch out for?

I've got learning to react to neutral drive impact with drive impact for example.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Reacting to DI with grabs as well. Remembering to spend some Drive on an EX fireball or something if you're just playing footsies with full bar and letting it go to waste.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
There's no benefit to full gauge is there?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
you can also throw it and parry it and jump over it and you can break it with a certain amount of hits (ken's m.P > h.P > special of choice breaks it in time, for example) but not sure exactly how that works. basically drive impact is not as strong as it immediately seems although it definitely is really strong.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Natural 20 posted:

There's no benefit to full gauge is there?

nope. the super bar is now also only used for supers, so no point holding on to either one. other than that the game plays a lot like a street fighter game so all the normal things apply like reacting to jump-ins and learning spacing and punishing whiffed buttons. the other thing to watch out for is drive rush, which makes the buttons that come after it more plus on block, i think 4 frames? general rule when i played the beta was don't try to punish anything that comes after a drive rush.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Foul Fowl posted:

you can break it with a certain amount of hits (ken's m.P > h.P > special of choice breaks it in time, for example) but not sure exactly how that works

It simply has 2 armor, so machinegun moves like Chun's lightning kicks can simply power through it.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
With all the hate Luke got here, actually I found he was a well made character.

Anyway I got Modern Controls Honda

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

This is much better helmet hair than her default helmet hair!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Better resolution.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Char posted:

With all the hate Luke got here, actually I found he was a well made character.

Anyway I got Modern Controls Honda

I dunno that anyone really hates him mechanically, he just looks like a weird version of Popeye

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Yes, it's because he's a weird monstrous looking zoomer rear end in a top hat that's taking Ryu's spot.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Luke is boring because he's pretty much the same character as in SFV. All other returning characters have loads of new stuff, even regular guy Ryu.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Luke looks funny (compliment)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

god dammit

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Luke rocks imo, he’s got a really smart kit for a new face of the franchise.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Should have been

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I want to play this game more please do another beta Capcom

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Should have been

I’d love to see Sean back as DLC.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Luke is a mirror that players are seeing their reflection in, and they do not like how they look

I think he is awesome

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cat Machine posted:

Luke is a mirror that players are seeing their reflection in, and they do not like how they look

Even among goons I think the number of synthol dudes is probably pretty small.