Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

therobit posted:

So I only understood it after googling NSDAP. I feel like if you automatically get that you are WAY too exposed to Nazis/information about Nazis.

Edit: My autocorrect keeps capitalizing Nazi and it bothers me.

I am glad that you haven't had to deal with this in any detail and I hope it stays that way for you. I have people with DMV-registered white power license plates in the parking lot of my fedgov employer so it's a little more in my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Jenkl posted:

Really can't believe that dude was a risk manager and couldn't manage the risk about not posting about Hitler on LinkedIn.

:thejoke:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

imo someone who is a risk advisor at deloitte would definitely be the kind of person I'd expect to be posting unvarnished praise of hitler on linkedin

Fourier Series
Apr 5, 2020

by Hand Knit

Jenkl posted:

Had me right up until the end. Figured it out at "1000 years".

Really can't believe that dude was a risk manager and couldn't manage the risk about not posting about Hitler on LinkedIn.
Like the other posters mentioned, Hitler is seen as a cult figure in India. It is just one of those weird things, like how there is this dark elf helping out Santa Claus in a European country (I forgot the name) that many people find racist.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Fourier Series posted:

dark elf helping out Santa Claus in a European country (I forgot the name) that many people find racist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwarte_Piet?wprov=sfti1

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Solution(final).pdf

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

tactlessbastard posted:

Solution(final).pdf

Solution_vF_rev1.pdf at my company

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

TraderStav posted:

Solution_vF_rev1.pdf at my company

Solution_final_FMM18DEC2022_RHedits14JAN2023_FMM21JAN2023addressedRHcomments_RHedits30JAN2023_FMMrnd214FEB2023_CYcomments18FEB2023_FMM25FEB2023FinalDraft_CY01MAR2023FinalFinal_FMMfixedallFINAL.docx.pdf

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sundae posted:

Solution_final_FMM18DEC2022_RHedits14JAN2023_FMM21JAN2023addressedRHcomments_RHedits30JAN2023_FMMrnd214FEB2023_CYcomments18FEB2023_FMM25FEB2023FinalDraft_CY01MAR2023FinalFinal_FMMfixedallFINAL.docx.pdf

Solution_final_FMM18DEC2022_RHedits14JAN2023_FMM21JAN2023addressedRHcomments_RHedits30JAN2023_FMMrnd214FEB2023_CYcomments18FEB2023_FMM25FEB2023FinalDraft_CY01MAR2023FinalFinal_FMMfixedallFINAL.docx(1).pdf

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Renegret posted:

Solution_final_FMM18DEC2022_RHedits14JAN2023_FMM21JAN2023addressedRHcomments_RHedits30JAN2023_FMMrnd214FEB2023_CYcomments18FEB2023_FMM25FEB2023FinalDraft_CY01MAR2023FinalFinal_FMMfixedallFINAL.docx(1).pdf

How do I open a pdf? Can you please change this to a word doc?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Someone's going to make a lot of money when they sell the AI model that will mass rename those file name messes into something useful.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Chainclaw posted:

Someone's going to make a lot of money when they sell the AI model that will mass rename those file name messes into something useful.

Do you WANT an evil AI that just is consumed with destroying humanity? Because that's how we'll get Skynet

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

priznat posted:

Do you WANT an evil AI that just is consumed with destroying humanity? Because that's how we'll get Skynet

DIRECTIVE: "Please Remove Me From This Email Chain" RECEIVED. COMPUTING OPTIONS IN ORDER OF PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS. OPTION 1. ERADICATION OF ALL ORGANIC LIFE FORMS: 100% PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Renegret posted:

Copy of Solution_final_FMM18DEC2022_RHedits14JAN2023_FMM21JAN2023addressedRHcomments_RHedits30JAN2023_FMMrnd214FEB2023_CYcomments18FEB2023_FMM25FEB2023FinalDraft_CY01MAR2023FinalFinal_FMMfixedallFINAL.docx(1).pdf - Google Drive

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Sundae posted:

Copy of Solution_final_FMM18DEC2022_RHedits14JAN2023_FMM21JAN2023addressedRHcomments_RHedits30JAN2023_FMMrnd214FEB2023_CYcomments18FEB2023_FMM25FEB2023FinalDraft_CY01MAR2023FinalFinal_FMMfixedallFINAL.docx(1).pdf - Google Drive

Error - Copy of Solution_final_FMM18DEC2022_RHedits14JAN2023_FMM21JAN2023addressedRHcomments_RHedits30JAN2023_FMMrnd214FEB2023_CYcomments18FEB2023_FMM25FEB2023FinalDraft_CY01MAR2023FinalFinal_FMMfixedallFINAL.docx(1).pdf - Google Drive has been modified by another user. Save copy?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

priznat posted:

Error - Copy of Solution_final_FMM18DEC2022_RHedits14JAN2023_FMM21JAN2023addressedRHcomments_RHedits30JAN2023_FMMrnd214FEB2023_CYcomments18FEB2023_FMM25FEB2023FinalDraft_CY01MAR2023FinalFinal_FMMfixedallFINAL.docx(1).pdf - Google Drive has been modified by another user. Save copy?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Please don't rename Copy of Solution_final_FMM18DEC2022_RHedits14JAN2023_FMM21JAN2023addressedRHcomments_RHedits30JAN2023_FMMrnd214FEB2023_CYcomments18FEB2023_FMM25FEB2023FinalDraft_CY01MAR2023FinalFinal_FMMfixedallFINAL.docx(1).pdf - Google Drive

My workflow depends on the file having a consistent name.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
You guys aren't even considering the real threat of AI

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Jenkl posted:

Had me right up until the end. Figured it out at "1000 years".

Fine since no one else said it I guess I have to

I did Nazi that coming!

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Tnuctip posted:

I did Nazi that coming!

:wow:

Lockback posted:

You guys aren't even considering the real threat of AI

And here you'd think if there was some sort of shortage they'd want to promote some of those Eggs to Chickens to maintain a strong succession pipeline.

Hell, nobody can get ahead these days.

Unrelated: there is a position open in another group that would be a good step up but if I did manage to get it (unlikely) I just know that I would be expected to do both jobs until they got around to backfilling this role.

Not sure I want that in my life.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Zarin posted:

Unrelated: there is a position open in another group that would be a good step up but if I did manage to get it (unlikely) I just know that I would be expected to do both jobs until they got around to backfilling this role.

Not sure I want that in my life.

Not every company is the same of course, but just a heads-up, my ex-boss at J&J did this and had to perform both jobs for almost three years because her being willing to do both made it reaaaaally easy to justify not spending the $$$ on another headcount.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Sundae posted:

Not every company is the same of course, but just a heads-up, my ex-boss at J&J did this and had to perform both jobs for almost three years because her being willing to do both made it reaaaaally easy to justify not spending the $$$ on another headcount.

Holy poo poo :catstare:

I think I probably would have started looking elsewhere as soon as I felt like I had enough time in the new title for it to not be a red flag lol

So maybe a year max?

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

Tnuctip posted:

I did Nazi that coming!

:bravo:

Zarin posted:

Holy poo poo :catstare:

I think I probably would have started looking elsewhere as soon as I felt like I had enough time in the new title for it to not be a red flag lol

So maybe a year max?

That sounds like at least ten months too long to me.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Sundae posted:

I learned that at my current job my senior was doing the job of 3 people for ~4 or 5 years under similar circumstances (with perpetually late deliverables because you cannot possibly stay on top of that much work consistently) and I can't believe she never quit or went postal

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

If you ever make a move across the company a real transition plan needs to be a priority. Though also after like 2 weeks why would new boss want/let you do your old job for another second?

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

therobit posted:

So I only understood it after googling NSDAP. I feel like if you automatically get that you are WAY too exposed to Nazis/information about Nazis.

Edit: My autocorrect keeps capitalizing Nazi and it bothers me.

congrats on not living in a nazi-normalized country

must be nice not being in the western hemisphere. we often see them face to face here.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

HiroProtagonist posted:

congrats on not living in a nazi-normalized country

must be nice not being in the western hemisphere. we often see them face to face here.

Just because someone sees them doesn't mean they are extremely online enough to get that "joke". I still have no idea what any of that nonsense is about.

You should probably spend less time reading about nazis.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Motronic posted:

Just because someone sees them doesn't mean they are extremely online enough to get that "joke". I still have no idea what any of that nonsense is about.

I'm not really sure how to say this so I'm just going to be blunt--you usually make good posts, but man, this is a terrible one. NSDAP isn't even deep lore or some poo poo, its the literal abbreviation for the Nazi party that anyone reading about WW2 at a high school level is likely to recognize.

Let's not even address the implication that people who educate themselves on fascist symbology and coded language in general are just being "extremely online" because that stuff has some serious real world impact my dude. At least if you're one of the people they love to terrorize.

I'm not going to harp on more about this but there's no way I was going to be able to let this post go without comment.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Motronic posted:

As someone who had family members survive getting put in a concentration camp for five years:
gently caress all of the way off.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
welp, guess I'll just take the corp thread off my bookmarks and come back in a couple days

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Eric the Mauve posted:

welp, guess I'll just take the corp thread off my bookmarks and come back in a couple days

Do you have enough pto accrued for that? You’re not allowed to go negative.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

pseudanonymous posted:

Do you have enough pto accrued for that? You’re not allowed to go negative.

Fourier Series
Apr 5, 2020

by Hand Knit

SerthVarnee posted:

As someone who had family members survive getting put in a concentration camp for five years:
gently caress all of the way off.
My people directly helped your people and saved a sizable number of Jews from execution by the Nazis

I would like to collect some thanks on their behalf, please. (never thought this would ever come up, but it would be nice in a heartwarming way I think)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Baddog
May 12, 2001
OK, jesus loving christ.

I was hoping the thread would move on or be able to discuss the topic rationally, but I guess I really have to hit buttons.

We all desperately need to educate ourselves on how fascist ideologies take root and grow in a country. Although unfortunately, it seems we are well past the point of needing really deep knowledge on the subject, since the fuckers are running around openly banning poo poo and targeting outgroups left and right. This probably is not the right thread for discussion of it though, and I'm not the right mod to handle that discussion.

Edit again: Fourier Series, I told you over pm's to chill out and that the smart thing to do would be to stop posting in this thread, and then you lay that absolute loving turd of I don't know what in here? You are 100% threadbanned and I need eyes on that post from someone else because every time I read that poo poo I get more angry. get the gently caress out.

Baddog fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 25, 2023

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Umm I am going to change the subject…
I was feeling guilty that I had to send a strongly worded letter that deliverables are due immediately. And it worked!! At my next job I think I need to be more of a hardass out the gate so I won’t be seen immediately as a marshmallow people can ignore.

Smithwick
Jun 20, 2003
Just had a team meeting pop up with my boss’ boss. My boss has been out of pocket today. Guess someone is gone. I wonder who initiated the departure, my boss or the company?

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

Smithwick posted:

My boss has been out of pocket today.

If they were big on expensing things this might be more than a typo

Jenkl fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 24, 2023

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Serious question re: Mentoring

Every gigacorp I've worked for has made a big deal of their formal career mentoring programs. It's great! It helps you develop and grow! It can boost your career in new and exciting ways!

Except... I can never get anyone to tell me what exactly is discussed and what kind of guidance is offered in these conversations. Is it "consider learning about topic ______ because it's the way of the future in our industry" or is it "take classes in field ______ because there's a need for people who know it" or is it "think about moving into an org like _____ because your resume could use it" or... What exactly?

I know that each person who goes through this has different mentoring needs but surely someone can give me examples, things they could take action about. No, instead all of it is described in the abstract. As if it's the freaking Matrix.

So, if you've done something similar: could you please describe how/what you got out of it? Am I missing out on something, or is it old farts talking about how when they were coming up in the industry things were different!

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Jenkl posted:

If they were big on expensing things this might be more than a typo
I think it's a regional corporate slang for "unavailable" (which I've only seen online), unless I just missed the typo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Fourier Series posted:

My people directly helped your people and saved a sizable number of Jews from execution by the Nazis

I would like to collect some thanks on their behalf, please. (never thought this would ever come up, but it would be nice in a heartwarming way I think)

God drat wtf? This is a hosed up post. Sorry I dunno if posting about posting is still against the rules, throw a 6er if I deserve it, but wow.