Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Okay...

Was the Las VegasJudge, who sentenced the speeding woman, on cocaine who killed the drunk driver, high on meth?

OR

Was the Las VegasJudge, who sentenced the speeding woman,who killed the drunk driver high on meth, on cocaine ?

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
Or was the sentence cocaine or meth?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The speeding woman was on meth and killed a drunk driver.

The judge sentenced them while high off their tits on cocaine.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This was interesting.

They're doing construction work on a bridge here, so have contra-flow for the length of the bridge, the entrance to which is about 15 car lengths after a major intersection.

Normally they would have one lane as marked closed ahead, and everybody would merge way too early into the other lane loving up traffic, this time they have big orange signs on both sides that just say "ZIPPER MERGE AHEAD" and "ABNORMAL MERGE AHEAD" and then when you get up to it, standard "merge" signs on both sides of the road as the lanes come together. and go into the contra-flow to stop people from merging too early and wasting a whole bunch of good lane.

People figured it out quite quickly and everything went smoothly with no problems.

AAAAAAAAAAHH just kidding, people still tried to look ahead to figure out which lane they're "supposed to be in", and hosed up the traffic trying to change lanes in the middle of the intersection anyways.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 24, 2023

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

There it is, the new headless body in topless bar

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
This is the house you share a road with:

https://twitter.com/joebrunowsoc9/status/1661755581638557696?s=61&t=QbiLGU5M1XBhMYvnMvsMxg

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

^^ I guess I live on the highway now.

https://twitter.com/TakuroSpirit/status/1671530489365123077?t=z4bMOmnqit0WqtAxpWMz-w&s=19

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Our house,
In the middle of our street.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

These are the drivers we share the dollar store with.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Our house,
In the middle of our street.

:sax:

Welcome to the house of fun

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

You have 2 pedals and you don't know which one stops and which one goes? :cry:

https://twitter.com/ass_beaters/status/1674144335778938884?t=2RQOPLBP8jr0BWjX-6xORA&s=19

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

They probably knew back in 1960 or so when they paid it off

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Fifty Three posted:

They probably knew back in 1960 or so when they paid it off

Hrmm please share what you saw when you looked at this picture.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Oh lol I assumed the Vette had plowed underneath the Ford Whatever, my bad

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Just a couple of dingbats congregating at the same place and time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUkAU2tpJ8Y

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Those with which we share the tree...

https://twitter.com/bigmoodenergy/status/1676269754179555328?s=20

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

My experience with people driving enormous vehicles is that they don't know how wide the car is but they're overly cautious (and usually partly in the oncoming lane due to this).

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I like the way you can tell it was recently widened at the bottom for SUVs.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I genuinely thought they closed that off to driving thru.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Watch to the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbWgfr7t7OM

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The crabbiest crabber that ever crabbed. :crab:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

How is that even possible? It's like they pulled the body off and reinstalled it 30 degrees on the wonk :lol:

Anyway, I don't have a nice car but if I see someone edging out in front of me I will just let them go because spending 15-20 seconds sat on my comfortable seat listening to my music is a better choice than having to deal with insurance companies when this inevitably happens.

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/1677902504393072642?t=_tsT3SOoij3RurBmpggYTA&s=19

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

What the gently caress kind of idiot thinks that because they've illegally blocked 1/3 of the oncoming lane they can completely ignore traffic coming at them in that lane?

Holy poo poo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

slidebite posted:

I genuinely thought they closed that off to driving thru.

That’s the Shrine Tree.

It’s one of three coast redwoods that you can drive through.

All of the giant sequoia drive through trees are dead, and that’s true in two senses. The living trees that had tunnels through them have fallen, but there are two trees that were tunnelled through when already dead, and the tunnels are passable today. Yosemite’s is a standing stump open only to foot traffic. Sequoia National Park’s is a log across a public road with an arch cut through it. It has more clearance than a typical overpass.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

What the gently caress kind of idiot thinks that because they've illegally blocked 1/3 of the oncoming lane they can completely ignore traffic coming at them in that lane?

Holy poo poo.
There's an intersection near here where people try to pull that poo poo on a semi regular basis. There's a gas station on the SE corner of the intersection, on the right if you're going north, but a lot of people really want to go left out of the intersection after fueling up. This is what I'd call a "poor life choice", since you're then locking yourself into trying to cross the right turn lane and two regular lanes(that merge into one on the north side of the intersection) of traffic going 40-50mph to get into that left turn lane.

The less bright people will attempt to solve this problem by trying to force themselves across as many lanes as they can while the light's red. They get really mad if the people already in the lanes refuse to let them set up a t-bone crash.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Holy poo poo.

there's two idiots in that video

Many drivers have changed their driving practices to only worry about traffic in the lane they plan to drive in

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

there's two idiots in that video

:agreed:

This is what they call hazard perception. Your guy in the Porsche clearly has none.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I had a fun time yesterday, a guy put half his car in the left turn lane and was blocking the straight lane. I was behind a car behind him that was too timid to go around. My wife said I should honk so I did. A small honk. Then another. Then I just held the horn until she demanded I stop, a good 10-12 seconds. Enough time to see the main offender freaking out and trying to cozy up as close as he could but still be in the way. Then their light changed and we all went on our way.

No regrets here. I didn't see where he came from to get wedged between the lanes but I suspect it's because he took the offramp lane that says "no left at next intersection", and couldn't get over in time because that's why there's a sign. Happens all the time. Lots of drivers who won't wait at a red light to make the turn and just take the yield merge lane.

On that same note it's really because I made a spectacle of it that I even remember. My friend seems to remember ever slight and red light running that he encounters and holds grudges and claims drivers here are the worst he's ever seen. I think they're the worst he's seen this year, but probably neither the worst in the country or the worst he's seen. He'll probably move again and complain about drivers there too.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
My coworker's door dash driver parked in a fire lane in the way of incoming traffic, just to drop the drink because they kept swiping on their phone stumbling through the office landscaping... We have a clearly marked path and an empty parking lot.

Who coulda guessed it was a <2 year old Hyundai with no front bumper?

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

DJ Commie posted:

My coworker's door dash driver parked in a fire lane in the way of incoming traffic, just to drop the drink because they kept swiping on their phone stumbling through the office landscaping... We have a clearly marked path and an empty parking lot.

Who coulda guessed it was a <2 year old Hyundai with no front bumper?

Or you get people with no common sense or courtesy... If you're going to park in the fire lane to sell your stuff, why wouldn't you at least park in a direction that puts your customers on the sidewalk, and not in the lot's car travel lanes?

And it's not like Walmarts don't ever catch fire around here...

e: sorry for huge

NoWake fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 13, 2023

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
That left/rear tire looks low. I hope the snow cones are made with more attention.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Boston city councilor crashes her unregistered and uninsured car into someone's house while driving an at more than double the speed limit on a driver's license that was suspended a decade ago.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/07/12/metro/kendra-lara-jamaica-plain-crash/

quote:

Patrick J. Murphy, a Boston attorney who routinely deals with driving offenses, said that while serious, the charges against Lara seemed “highly resolvable.”

Murphy said he would be “surprised” if Lara served any prison time, though offenses such as driving with a revoked license or without insurance are criminal misdemeanors.

“This is salacious because it’s a political person,” Murphy added, but “this is a run of the mill type case.”

Big if true.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:lol:

https://twitter.com/DocAtCDI/status/1680248903973650434?t=IlxiVROuXEJi1GOsSHAJ6Q&s=19

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Hard to get a good pic in the rain, but this guy parked next to me had at least 4 different EZ Passes on his windshield

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Toll companies pay him every time he goes through a toll booth

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Other people are pissing me off because I'm in a Mazda 3 and I can't see poo poo at unprotected lefts. All the SUVs and brotrucks make me nervous when I can't see the other lane.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Deeters posted:

Hard to get a good pic in the rain, but this guy parked next to me had at least 4 different EZ Passes on his windshield

Living_in_Georgia.jpeg

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Deeters posted:

That is amateur hour for someone that needs to go to austria or slovenia. Our company car has almost one quarter of the windscreen gone with highway passes on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Yeah, try driving in Europe. Every tiny up themselves shithole town requires their own custom toll pass and mandatory environmental sticker. You'd expect this kind of freedom more in the US but apparently not!