Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Did they pour a non-level garage floor? Or did the floor shift that much over time?

The driveway not being a crumbled cracked mess leads me to think it was intentional. But why wouldn’t they level the floor of a garage?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

15 to 20 percent of Pittsburgh driveways look like that

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Orvin posted:

Did they pour a non-level garage floor? Or did the floor shift that much over time?

The driveway not being a crumbled cracked mess leads me to think it was intentional. But why wouldn’t they level the floor of a garage?

It's not just that, the entire roof line is seemingly parallel with the average sideways grade of the hosed driveway, what's going on here??

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

VelociBacon posted:

what's going on here??

Malice and forethought.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Kinda related

The old door had a cut out, and the old AC was more sensibly placed. Old spinster throwing money at remodel

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

NWS THAT poo poo

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
The hammerhead shark of houses

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Roberto the stabbing robot's house.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Everyday you come home your house is excited to see you.

Although what’s with the little stub of roof at the peak?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Orvin posted:

:derptiel:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Orvin posted:

As a design element, it's taken from barns that would extend the roof beam to hold a crane to hoist hay bales into the loft. The roof would extend out over it to protect it from the weather.

Why they put it there is not a question I can answer.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The house has named the little floodlight above the garage door "Mini-Me."

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I would totally believe this is an AI generated image.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

`Nemesis posted:

They also have an architecture program there

God, this one makes me feel dizzy to look at.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

When I saw that I put it in Vancouver context and basically saw the matrix instead but instead of redheads in the code I was seeing 6 discreet unfurnished rental properties each paying $2100/mo.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

PurpleXVI posted:

This is the back steps of a family friend's house in Beach Haven, NJ.

Just a joy to negotiate when loaded at 2AM.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Plumber says it's fine!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Vim Fuego posted:

Plumber says it's fine!

:females: will love it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s impossible to know where the joists will end up.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/slimeslinger/status/1661479382895165445?t=mcGvuxjj1wL9vCbsPQQdYA&s=19

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I have no words. Just speechless.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Having just finished Better Call Saul, Chuck McGill probably had that setup.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Vim Fuego posted:

Plumber says it's fine!

I have seen a licensed plumber do this to i-beams. Nothing will surprise me now.

And then inspector saw those cuts and every beam had to be reinforced at the plumber's expense.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

From the copper pipe instead of a rod to the safety flipflops this is priceless. I want to post that burying the beds in the back yard provides an even better earth connection so I can watch her dig the hole.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I did the same thing in my bedroom as a kid, but I used eye bolts instead of pvc pipe.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Enos Cabell posted:

I did the same thing in my bedroom as a kid, but I used eye bolts instead of pvc pipe.

Same. It was really cool to be able to turn the lights on and off from my bed. Then I put one of those touch switches on the lamp instead, and wrapped copper wire around part of the lamp, then taped the wire to the wall near my bed instead.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I did something like that when I was a teenager, but it was to open and close the door. Also using eyebolts.

Probably got the idea from ferris buellers day off.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
Mine as a kid was eye bolts next to the bed and I extended the ceiling fan and light pull chains to run through them for remote light and fan control. I thought I was a goddamn genius at the time.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

How did your dads not beat you to death for putting eyebolts and poo poo around your room presumably into the walls and everything???? I once put a thumbtack into the drywall and my dad still reminds me of my embarrassing mistake.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwIe_sjKeAY

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Can't live there, mate

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Final Blog Entry posted:

Can't live there, mate

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

“I’ve done no research on this but I’m going to share a batshit idea with everyone anyway”

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

How crappy can that construction really be? It mostly held together after crossing the median of a highway. Let’s see your house do that.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I had a claim once, for when a crane dropped a modular home section 75-feet into the hold of a Russian freighter. Crewmen were grabbing carpet, cabinets and the toilet as fast as they could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

PainterofCrap posted:

I had a claim once, for when a crane dropped a modular home section 75-feet into the hold of a Russian freighter. Crewmen were grabbing carpet, cabinets and the toilet as fast as they could.

You mean, they were looting the remnants of the house?

Also, I'm honestly surprised that a modular home or piece thereof would ship with the toilet and cabinets installed.