Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dexo posted:

"Rockford is only so violent because the Thugs™ from Chicago come there and ruin that great city" - poo poo I heard all the time when growing up in Rockford.

Rockford has Green Bay beat on Beefaroos per capita :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

AnoHito posted:

Approximately how much copium do pizza eaters outside of the New Jersey/New York area huff per hour?

I dunno what that stuff is but it seems like wasted calories we could instead be using on delicious midwest style pizza

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

AnoHito posted:

Approximately how much copium do pizza eaters outside of the New Jersey/New York area huff per hour?

The thing is, if you're outside of New Jersey/New York, you should just not try ordering New Jersey/New York-style pizza.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Shrimpy posted:

The thing is, if you're outside of New Jersey/New York, you should just not try ordering New Jersey/New York-style pizza.

There are a few places in Chicago that do it well.

RIP Boiler Room and the PBJ combo. $8.50 for a slice, a PBR tall boy, and a shot of Jameson. One of the best deals in the city. Hopefully the Stopalong people keep it going.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hot Diggity! posted:

RIP Boiler Room and the PBJ combo. $8.50 for a slice, a PBR tall boy, and a shot of Jameson. One of the best deals in the city. Hopefully the Stopalong people keep it going.

Ian's in Madison, WI, does a pretty good take on NY-style pizza.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Dante’s was always my favorite slice.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

Dante’s was always my favorite slice.

Dante's does indeed own.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Apparently there is a Jet's Pizza near my house.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AnoHito posted:

Opposite, those foldable slices don't play anywhere else. Not even NY expats can keep it alive, unlike Detroit, or Chicago.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Jimmys pizza cafe in chicago does NYC style and it is very good. The real appeal to NY style is just picking up a slice, both chicago styles are not really conducive to getting a quick slice.

I’d still take deep dish, tavern style, or Detroit style pizza over NY style though, if given a choice.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Not having access to Detroit style pizza is the worst thing about living away from the mitten.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SirPablo posted:

Eugene Supreme or 8-Corner pepperoni. Get turbo crust. You're welcome.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I’m semi related NFC North news, the Michigan State versus Penn State game is going to be played on the Friday night after Thanksgiving at Ford field

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

SirPablo posted:

Worth it. Have that for dinner.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Not having access to Detroit style pizza is the worst thing about living away from the mitten.

Some pizza ranking list awarded the best detroit style pizza to a couple places outside of Michigan. I think one was in Texas and the other in Ohio.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Forrest on Fire posted:

Rockford has Green Bay beat on Beefaroos per capita :smuggo:

God I could go for some fuckin cheese fries burger and shake from beefaroo rn.

One of the few things I miss about Rockford besides the pizza.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Parallelwoody posted:

Some pizza ranking list awarded the best detroit style pizza to a couple places outside of Michigan. I think one was in Texas and the other in Ohio.

Via 313 in Austin is legitimately incredible poo poo. I've only ever had that and Jet's and it's much better (though pricier) than Jet's.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Jets is ok, it's too bad buddy's wasn't the one to expand.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Yeah Buddy's is the poo poo, Jets is alright.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/1661477235159879682?s=20

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/a-different-gear-eberflus-fields-gush-over-dj-moore/3147254/
time to fall in love

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

best duo in the league. if moore isn't the #1 wr next year its because of coaching or injuries

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I hear they're short a receiver...

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It brings me joy to see Barry and Calvin want to be around the team.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

MJeff posted:

Hell yeah.

But it's gotten so loving expensive the last few years.

God yeah. The last time I ordered just one for myself it ended up being like over $40 after delivery fee and tips, so I have to rely on my boss not ordering Jimmy Johns for the 13th time work offers to buy lunch. Last time we got like 6 party size pizzas for a big meeting and some sides and it was almost $300 lmao. Turbo crust hits the loving spot though.

Timby posted:

Ian's in Madison, WI, does a pretty good take on NY-style pizza.

Ian’s is also great, especially for their eccentric toppings. Thanksgiving slice around turkey day is great, Gyro slice is great, among others. They also have two Milwaukee area locations!

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Parallelwoody posted:

My favorite pizza place in Portland is detroit style—it’s been the trendy pizza style for a couple years now and can find it a lot of places these days

And poo poo what happened to boiler room? I know I could google it but gotta maintain off season engagement. Used to live across the street and remember when the pbj was something absurd like $7. Dante’s was my favorite ny style slice tho

Tavern style owns. There’s a place here in Portland that claims to do it and specifically Chicago influenced yet like none of their pizzas include sausage so gently caress off

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

T-Square posted:

God yeah. The last time I ordered just one for myself it ended up being like over $40 after delivery fee and tips, so I have to rely on my boss not ordering Jimmy Johns for the 13th time work offers to buy lunch. Last time we got like 6 party size pizzas for a big meeting and some sides and it was almost $300 lmao. Turbo crust hits the loving spot though.

Ian’s is also great, especially for their eccentric toppings. Thanksgiving slice around turkey day is great, Gyro slice is great, among others. They also have two Milwaukee area locations!

See, all we have near work is Cottage Inn and Dominos and Cottage Inn is, like, fine, but it's not Jets.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

MJeff posted:

See, all we have near work is Cottage Inn and Dominos and Cottage Inn is, like, fine, but it's not Jets.

I will say I'm normally pretty eh on Cottage Inn but a few months ago one of my friends got a pizza with a honey drizzle crust, I tried a slice, and drat it was tasty.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1661516288727076865?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Pontius Pilate posted:

My favorite pizza place in Portland is detroit style—it’s been the trendy pizza style for a couple years now and can find it a lot of places these days

And poo poo what happened to boiler room? I know I could google it but gotta maintain off season engagement. Used to live across the street and remember when the pbj was something absurd like $7. Dante’s was my favorite ny style slice tho

Tavern style owns. There’s a place here in Portland that claims to do it and specifically Chicago influenced yet like none of their pizzas include sausage so gently caress off

I think boiler room just had a cash flow problem. Tried to find a buyer and that fell through, so just one day they were closed. Pandemic probably hosed them because they had a big space in a trendy neighborhood.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

The secret is that all pizza is good ( other than those abominations from St Louis and Rhode Island) and should be a regular part of your pizza rotation.

And if you don't have a pizza rotation you already hosed up.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think boiler room just had a cash flow problem. Tried to find a buyer and that fell through, so just one day they were closed. Pandemic probably hosed them because they had a big space in a trendy neighborhood.

Wait last I saw it was bought by the StopAlong people? StopAlong has great pizza and burgers too.

https://chicago.eater.com/2023/1/30/23577818/stopalong-boiler-room-logan-square-new-location

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

You might be right. I just remember it closed suddenly and without warning, which is usually a sign that they ran out of money. Probably a combo of both because if you’re getting bought out, usually there’s an announcement ahead of time, not just posting a sign in the door that we’re closed.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The Beefaroo in Marquette and Negaunee both closed and ive been sad ever since.

That said, they opened two then closed one Buddy’s in the greater Lansing area and all is well in pizza world.

Re: cottage inn, it’s the best for all occasions because anything they do well they do very well and anything they do poorly they do very well. You can drunk order an abomination pie and still get something edible. They’re not the best, but very far from the worst.

All told, we’re spoiled for pizza in Michigan. Hell, we’ve got two of the top three headquarters here. Imagine those poor fucks in Indiana

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hungry Howies 4 Life

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Dr. Lunchables posted:

The Beefaroo in Marquette and Negaunee both closed and ive been sad ever since.

they can't compete with Lawry's in Ishpeming

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress is a beef a roo

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

what the gently caress is a beef a roo

I dunno, what's the beef with you?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I don't think we have Runzas in the NFCN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Thanks for the Ians suggestions. I just happened to be in madison tonight. Short walk from Monona Terrace and im set. I suppose its NY style, but the crust is different. Better imho.