Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Out camping right now and just constantly thinking about how many more birds there are here but then remembering how many arent here because humans genocided all their food sources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Maybe they saw you coming OHHHHHHHHHHH

Nah I'm kidding that's just sad. I'm also sad for how denuded the wild is, the UK where I live routinely places high on lists of "most environmentally degraded" :smith:

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
I forget which climate change book it was, but the author made a great point that electrical grid failures are going to be more frequent and more deadly and spark more social unrest, which is also deadly. This is all going to spiral out of control so fast

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

it's all gonna be fine

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

it's all gonna be fine

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

4d3d3d posted:

I forget which climate change book it was, but the author made a great point that electrical grid failures are going to be more frequent and more deadly and spark more social unrest, which is also deadly. This is all going to spiral out of control so fast

No worries we just need to renovate every home in America to use more ventilation cooling.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

People who can afford it will have solar and batteries to keep the a/c on during heatwave brownouts, everyone else will simply die or be injured. Much like Covid with WFH and air purification.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Koirhor posted:

I did my part by killing 25-30 wasp queens trying to nest in my gutters in early spring and now its peaceful outside
wasps are pollinators and keep noxious garden bugs in check and also clean up all the rotting little corpses everywhere. most species are able to recognize individual humans and assess them as a threat/non-threat through social communications. paper wasps use transitive inference to solve problems using logical deduction. honeybees can develop PTSD from traumatic situations. all biological systems are sensate. chaos reigns.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Gravid Topiary posted:

wasps are pollinators and keep noxious garden bugs in check and also clean up all the rotting little corpses everywhere. most species are able to recognize individual humans and assess them as a threat/non-threat through social communications. paper wasps use transitive inference to solve problems using logical deduction. honeybees can develop PTSD from traumatic situations. all biological systems are sensate. chaos reigns.

BTSD :(

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/seandsweeney/status/1660677270502006785?s=20

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Gravid Topiary posted:

Learning that bees can develop PTSD is really harshing my vibe today :smith:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/seandsweeney/status/1660678574259466242

lol, lmao

the replies are good tho

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/friedmandave/status/1660678710293417984

wow yes such a hard business, sitting on your rear end and collecting humongous rent checks from your tenants every month

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Just a Moron posted:

Learning that bees can develop PTSD is really harshing my vibe today :smith:

the bugs are gone because they're in therapy

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

cash crab posted:

the bugs are gone because they're in therapy

they really need to touch grass

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

https://twitter.com/friedmandave/status/1660678710293417984

wow yes such a hard business, sitting on your rear end and collecting humongous rent checks from your tenants every month
That OP has a bunch of replies in the thread where he doubles down on his bafflement, it’s awesome. Hopefully he’s as stupid as he sounds and gets left holding the bag on a bunch of FL rental properties

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

https://twitter.com/mjlawson98/status/1660812135109197825?s=20

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Xaris posted:

whoops the grass is filled with insecticides

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Xaris posted:

[touches ear piece] oh. oh no.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Stereotype posted:

I wonder if Guam is part of the Imperial Core or if it is just some colonialist poor person island like Puerto Rico. I think that their geographic significance will mean they'll be okay tho, so i'm hopeful (which is rare for me)

It's an aircraft carrier with vestigial natives on it.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

whoops the grass is filled with insecticides

you dont need insecticides if you put down astroturf

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

cat botherer posted:

A multi-day blackout is extremely unlikely, given the area's abundant hydropower from the Colorado River.

lol, you’re forgetting that hydropower only works if you have water empounded to release.

(also there really isn’t that much spare hydro capacity for AZ to rely on. It’s not like they can shut down Las Vegas to reduce power demand.)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

just sell the condo building to aqua man

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Florida people are going to be so mad and wrongfully surprised when their homes are destroyed again for the third time in a decade but this time instead of getting a check they become a refugee

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Stereotype posted:

Florida people are going to be so mad and wrongfully surprised when their homes are destroyed again for the third time in a decade but this time instead of getting a check they become a refugee

A fitting punishment for us

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

bawfuls posted:

That OP has a bunch of replies in the thread where he doubles down on his bafflement, it’s awesome. Hopefully he’s as stupid as he sounds and gets left holding the bag on a bunch of FL rental properties

hahahahahahah

https://twitter.com/seandsweeney/status/1661446082734292998

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

witnessing a crack ping in real time

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

FOFO

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
you'd think they would have some idea what would happen:

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Trabisnikof posted:

lol, you’re forgetting that hydropower only works if you have water empounded to release.

(also there really isn’t that much spare hydro capacity for AZ to rely on. It’s not like they can shut down Las Vegas to reduce power demand.)
:thejoke:

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Car Hater posted:

*annual post about how they can't have the Great Lakes' water*

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

they’re learning

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
wow maybe investors are dumb and people building poo poo and moving to Florida are delusional morons

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Car Hater posted:

Stay away from Are Water! *racks shotgun*

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

"An American society, fully aware of the risks of climate change, and completely embracing degrowth?"

"Yes"

"May I see it?"

"no"

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

it's all gonna be fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
[biosphere collapse] Has everyone lost their minds?