Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dersh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/1661113910274195456

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The comments on this are exactly what you would expect. Wall of alt Right trying to justify how they are centrists. Absolute honeypot of a post.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

They'll all line up to vote for sensible centrist candidate Ron DeSantis.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lynch_69 posted:

They'll all line up to vote for sensible centrist candidate Ron DeSantis.

when you hate trans people but won't eat pudding because it has too much sugar, that's centrism

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ive started getting community notes on the ads theyre serving me lmao

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Toplowtech posted:

All this bitching is because Soros sold his stake in Tesla, right?

It’s a combination of that and Musk being a full blown Nazi, yes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

So is Facebook, 4chan, reddit, and LinkedIn. The focus on twitter as a purely unique far right social media service is stupid.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It’s a combination of that and Musk being a full blown Nazi, yes
Yeah but Musk being a Nazi is an universal constant and the only change is Soros' investment in Tesla. The nazi kept his mouth shut because money was invested.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1661374206431338499?t=Z79A6qLgA1fbYiu9lhUYNw&s=19

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Weird that he wasn't out there preaching this when Soros had money in Tesla. I can't imagine why he wouldn't have said anything then.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

free speech!

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
anyway, it will be funny watching the Trump-Elon feud

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Typo posted:

See? I told you trump was a good guy..

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Typo posted:

miss him more every day

feel like poo poo, just want him back

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

RedQueen posted:

love to launch my presidential bid on an obscure audio only platform with no supporters present

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/sameershah23/status/1661087642308493330?s=20

this man threatening our Lord Buttigieg???

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

this would get a ban +30 here

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

tagging the child-runner-over bazinga into the convo to assist with the Elon suckjob

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

RedQueen posted:

love to launch my presidential bid on an obscure audio only platform with no supporters present

In this thread, we respect Ron DeSantis

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

RedQueen posted:

mad?

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Prescott posted:

From The Herald/Review - Serving All Of Cochise County

On Religion: Elon Musk, the Babylon Bee and the teachings of Jesus
Jan 13, 2022 Updated Feb 18, 2023

At the end of each podcast, Babylon Bee leaders ask guests the same 10 questions, including this stumper: “Calvinist or Arminian?”

That caught Elon Musk by surprise, and he needed clarification on the difference between Arminian believers and persons from Armenia. After some background on Protestant history, he said: “My mind would say ‘determinism’ and my heart says ‘free will.’”

Why was the mastermind behind Tesla and SpaceX — a man worth $278 billion at the end of 2021 — talking to a Christian satire website? The answer: Musk has 69.7 million Twitter followers, and he frequently responds to them, even if it’s a U.S. senator questioning his taxes.

“You know, he engages with our content from time to time,” Bee CEO Seth Dillon told Fox News. After email exchanges about a meeting, Musk said: “Fly to me and we’ll do it.”

The result was 100-plus minutes of conversation in Austin, Texas, ranging from satire to science and from politics to pop culture. Topics included sustainable energy, superheroes (Musk would choose to be “Irony Man”), why entrepreneurs are fleeing California, the physics of reusable rockets, cyborgs, how “wokeness” threatens humor, CNN morality and the future of a planet near an expanding sun.

Musk discussed his journey from South Africa to America, including his days as a manual laborer while struggling to pay student loans. Then he dove into computer coding and online commerce, making millions of dollars that led to Tesla. The rest is history.

On celebrity websites, Musk is often described as an atheist or agnostic. Asked if he prays, Musk once replied: “I didn’t even pray when I almost died of malaria.” But after the success of the first manned Falcon rocket mission, Musk said in his public remarks: “You know, I’m not very religious, but I prayed for this one.”

In the Bee interview, Musk discussed his complex religious background, which included going to “Anglican Sunday school, the Church of England, basically. But I was also sent to Hebrew preschool, although I’m not Jewish. ... I was singing ‘Hava Nagila’ one day and ‘Jesus Our Lord’ the next.” Later, he had an “existential crisis,” read the Bible and other religious classics and concluded: “There’s a whole bunch of things in there they didn’t teach you in Sunday school.”

There was humor in these exchanges, along with serious questions, said Bee editor Kyle Mann, via email. After all, these podcasts have featured atheists, agnostics, “Christians of all stripes” and “everyone in between.”

This chance to “pick Elon Musk’s brain and get his thoughts on God, faith, religion and the Gospel was incredibly humbling,” said Mann. “You could certainly feel him searching and working through the eternal questions everyone has to encounter at some point: Does God exist, and what do you do with Jesus Christ?” Mann said the dialogue continued after the recording stopped.

In the podcast, creative director Ethan Nicolle did ask: “To make this ‘church,’ we’re wondering if you could do us a quick solid and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior?”

After an awkward pause, and some laughter, Musk took the question seriously.

“There’s great wisdom in the teachings of Jesus, and I agree with those teachings. Things like ‘turn the other cheek’ are very important, as opposed to ‘an eye for an eye.’ An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind,” said Musk, paraphrasing a quote attributed to Mahatma Gandhi. Musk also quoted Albert Einstein, affirming belief in the “God of Spinoza,” in which the material universe is seen as an expression of God.

“Forgiveness, you know, is important and treating people as you would wish to be treated,” added Musk. “Love thy neighbor as thyself. Very important. ... But hey, if Jesus is saving people ... I won’t stand in his way. Sure, I’ll be saved. Why not?”

At the very end, Musk described his confusion as a 5-year-old, receiving Holy Communion without understanding what was happening and why. At that stage, he said, he was still asking basic Bible questions, “like how Jesus fed the crowd with five loaves and three fish. ... Where did the fish and the bread come from? ... Would you, like, take a bite and the bread would come back to being a full (loaf of) bread? ...

“They left out the details. ... I’m not saying that I know all the answers.”

Bourgeois spirituality is diseased

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Prescott posted:

From The Herald/Review - Serving All Of Cochise County

On Religion: Elon Musk, the Babylon Bee and the teachings of Jesus
Jan 13, 2022 Updated Feb 18, 2023

At the end of each podcast, Babylon Bee leaders ask guests the same 10 questions, including this stumper: “Calvinist or Arminian?”

That caught Elon Musk by surprise, and he needed clarification on the difference between Arminian believers and persons from Armenia. After some background on Protestant history, he said: “My mind would say ‘determinism’ and my heart says ‘free will.’”

Why was the mastermind behind Tesla and SpaceX — a man worth $278 billion at the end of 2021 — talking to a Christian satire website? The answer: Musk has 69.7 million Twitter followers, and he frequently responds to them, even if it’s a U.S. senator questioning his taxes.

“You know, he engages with our content from time to time,” Bee CEO Seth Dillon told Fox News. After email exchanges about a meeting, Musk said: “Fly to me and we’ll do it.”

The result was 100-plus minutes of conversation in Austin, Texas, ranging from satire to science and from politics to pop culture. Topics included sustainable energy, superheroes (Musk would choose to be “Irony Man”), why entrepreneurs are fleeing California, the physics of reusable rockets, cyborgs, how “wokeness” threatens humor, CNN morality and the future of a planet near an expanding sun.

Musk discussed his journey from South Africa to America, including his days as a manual laborer while struggling to pay student loans. Then he dove into computer coding and online commerce, making millions of dollars that led to Tesla. The rest is history.

On celebrity websites, Musk is often described as an atheist or agnostic. Asked if he prays, Musk once replied: “I didn’t even pray when I almost died of malaria.” But after the success of the first manned Falcon rocket mission, Musk said in his public remarks: “You know, I’m not very religious, but I prayed for this one.”

In the Bee interview, Musk discussed his complex religious background, which included going to “Anglican Sunday school, the Church of England, basically. But I was also sent to Hebrew preschool, although I’m not Jewish. ... I was singing ‘Hava Nagila’ one day and ‘Jesus Our Lord’ the next.” Later, he had an “existential crisis,” read the Bible and other religious classics and concluded: “There’s a whole bunch of things in there they didn’t teach you in Sunday school.”

There was humor in these exchanges, along with serious questions, said Bee editor Kyle Mann, via email. After all, these podcasts have featured atheists, agnostics, “Christians of all stripes” and “everyone in between.”

This chance to “pick Elon Musk’s brain and get his thoughts on God, faith, religion and the Gospel was incredibly humbling,” said Mann. “You could certainly feel him searching and working through the eternal questions everyone has to encounter at some point: Does God exist, and what do you do with Jesus Christ?” Mann said the dialogue continued after the recording stopped.

In the podcast, creative director Ethan Nicolle did ask: “To make this ‘church,’ we’re wondering if you could do us a quick solid and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior?”

After an awkward pause, and some laughter, Musk took the question seriously.

“There’s great wisdom in the teachings of Jesus, and I agree with those teachings. Things like ‘turn the other cheek’ are very important, as opposed to ‘an eye for an eye.’ An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind,” said Musk, paraphrasing a quote attributed to Mahatma Gandhi. Musk also quoted Albert Einstein, affirming belief in the “God of Spinoza,” in which the material universe is seen as an expression of God.

“Forgiveness, you know, is important and treating people as you would wish to be treated,” added Musk. “Love thy neighbor as thyself. Very important. ... But hey, if Jesus is saving people ... I won’t stand in his way. Sure, I’ll be saved. Why not?”

At the very end, Musk described his confusion as a 5-year-old, receiving Holy Communion without understanding what was happening and why. At that stage, he said, he was still asking basic Bible questions, “like how Jesus fed the crowd with five loaves and three fish. ... Where did the fish and the bread come from? ... Would you, like, take a bite and the bread would come back to being a full (loaf of) bread? ...

“They left out the details. ... I’m not saying that I know all the answers.”

!!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

trucutru posted:

Luckily you can get you dsmart fix at humanity's digital public square!

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1661145712858656768?s=20

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1661411101114761223

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Jesus Christ

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"Who the gently caress put Israel = Judaism in thei--- lol Alan"

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
can't squirsh the dersh

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

that punchline :lmao:

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Trump it's time to dust off that Twitter account and make a Twitter space and bring down this website.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Lmao Trump is a natural bully while Elon and DeSantis are sniveling nerds, he’s gonna body both of them and it’s gonna be funny as gently caress

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Lmao Trump is a natural bully while Elon and DeSantis are sniveling nerds, he’s gonna body both of them and it’s gonna be funny as gently caress

donald trump is a poster... elon is not

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
twitter space seems perfect for trump, all he used to do was call into fox and friends and whine for two hours uninterrupted

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

As far as I can tell he's the only ones who's posts matter.

When is he coming back to Twitter because golly, I miss his tweets sometimes.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Trump it's time to dust off that Twitter account and make a Twitter space and bring down this website.

Just drop in to the twitter space when DeSantis announces

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

elon is a reply guy.

a reply guy can never become a poster

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

twitter space seems perfect for trump, all he used to do was call into fox and friends and whine for two hours uninterrupted

ahh the halcyon days

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Musk doesn't know how to fight back without getting extremely mad and that's what's going to be funny.

Nice and hot piss posted:

As far as I can tell he's the only ones who's posts matter.

When is he coming back to Twitter because golly, I miss his tweets sometimes.

Supposedly his Truth contract ends in the summer so Musk literally could have waited a few months instead of pitching for DeSantis now.

DesertIslandHermit has issued a correction as of 22:42 on May 24, 2023

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Poco posted:

Just drop in to the twitter space when DeSantis announces

lmao this would instantly end desantis's campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Trump rival DeSantis poised for Elon Musk interview