Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I am getting old because I have no idea what a "pvp extraction shooter" is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Well, on the upside, I saved $600 today.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Endorph posted:

i liked spiderman 1 okay but idk maybe i just didnt notice it but the wriitng in that one seemed way better

like 'poison clouds... that all you got!?' is embarrassing. 'HE HAS BIG TEETH' 'SO DO I.'
I'm not gonna call it great writing in its own right but I think it's always kind of been the point that ol' Pete gets less witty with the Symbiote Suit and that's one of the giant neon signs that Something Is Wrong With Spider-Man.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The game in most interested in out of all of that is granblue lol lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Frankston posted:

I am getting old because I have no idea what a "pvp extraction shooter" is.

tarkov-like

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it doesnt matter if starfield is good it'll sell because todd howard is satan

Oh ya that thing is it will sell just because of Bethesda's name and Xbox marketing but I think it won't be as big as Fallout 4 or Skyirm.

If they just had Bloodborne I bet this would be considered a top tier event or show gameplay for MGS or DD2.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Luckily starfield is xbox exclusive so many of you will not have to buy or play it.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Twibbit posted:

That was awesome, thank you Sony

fridge corn posted:

THAT WAS A LOAD OF SHITE!!!!!! gently caress YOU SONY!!!!!!!!

YES! :rms:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hogama posted:

I'm not gonna call it great writing in its own right but I think it's always kind of been the point that ol' Pete gets less witty with the Symbiote Suit and that's one of the giant neon signs that Something Is Wrong With Spider-Man.
watch out for his new powers

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That was kinda lame, but Spider-man 2 made me cum, so overall good conference.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
non ps5 havers stay losing

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Lol

Foamstars

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it doesnt matter if starfield is good it'll sell because todd howard is satan
Phil Spencer doesn't think it'll sell any Xboxes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So I have to assume that the fact that the MGS3 remake is being called Delta could indicate that this is a way for them to reboot the series without Kojima, and doing it from the beginning?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fix posted:

Lol

Foamstars

project qanon

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I need Yuri Lowenthal to do the shockerrrrrrrrrrrrr bit

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Crows Turn Off posted:

It won't

we'll be playing that on pc

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

this is prolly going against the grain, but I thought Helldivers 2 was the best reveal

runner up was MGS collection followed by chinese Bloodborne

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Crows Turn Off posted:

He is underestimating the satanic power of Todd Howard

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

That was kinda lame, but Spider-man 2 made me cum, so overall good conference.

Was it the only gameplay trailer for one of the triple a reveals? It felt like there was bunch of indies and SaaS cgi trailers.

Should have just paid Fromsoft for another AC6 or Elden Ring DLC gameplay trailer.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I am automatically maximally hyped for Marathon, it's pavlovian

Will probably only go downhill from here as more about the game comes out, PVP focus is already making me wary

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

So I have to assume that the fact that the MGS3 remake is being called Delta could indicate that this is a way for them to reboot the series without Kojima, and doing it from the beginning?

this is exactly how konami would think

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

i liked spiderman 1 okay but idk maybe i just didnt notice it but the wriitng in that one seemed way better

like 'poison clouds... that all you got!?' is embarrassing. 'HE HAS BIG TEETH' 'SO DO I.'

That is the level of goon dialogue in the first dor 100% sure.

I admit I am not seeing why 'watch out for his new powers' is worse than most other random chatter in games. Hell there was that in the Miles game.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 24, 2023

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I wanted some TLoU Factions news so badly :smith:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

This business of remaking MGS3 has taken some years off my life. I'm gonna make it to 57 now instead of 59. Thanks Konami.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

non ps5 havers stay losing

Well I have the controller! And I'm uh getting warmed up here. Gonna get one some day.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

100%

It makes sense to start with MGS3 anyway because it also is the game that works as a stand-alone thing the best. you can play MGS3 without knowing jack poo poo about the others, taken as a single game you could just play knowing "it's a tactical espionage game with surrealist poo poo and bipedal robots"

I'd say big odds on Hayter returning for some stuff too, given how pissed he was when Kojima pushed him out

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can’t believe Tina Turner died for this

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

101 posted:

I wanted some TLoU Factions news so badly :smith:

Or maybe something by Bluepoint? It just seems like Insomniac is their only studio that works at a really fast pace and the others take their time which is fine as long as the quality stays up which it has so far.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Heavy Metal posted:

This business of remaking MGS3 has taken some years off my life. I'm gonna make it to 57 now instead of 59. Thanks Konami.

Well I have the controller! And I'm uh getting warmed up here. Gonna get one some day.

L + No PS5

DLC Inc posted:

100%

It makes sense to start with MGS3 anyway because it also is the game that works as a stand-alone thing the best. you can play MGS3 without knowing jack poo poo about the others, taken as a single game you could just play knowing "it's a tactical espionage game with surrealist poo poo and bipedal robots" [b]

I'd say big odds on Hayter returning for some stuff too, given how pissed he was when Kojima pushed him out

I completely disagree with this assessment.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

L + No PS5

I completely disagree with this assessment.

you're wrong but ok

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

100%

It makes sense to start with MGS3 anyway because it also is the game that works as a stand-alone thing the best. you can play MGS3 without knowing jack poo poo about the others, taken as a single game you could just play knowing "it's a tactical espionage game with surrealist poo poo and bipedal robots"

Lol what?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Spider-Man 2 will be great, of course. A lot of those smaller indie games looked cute and I'm sure they'll be good, but I doubt I'll play them until they're on PS Plus.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Well, my desire for new games and new IP was certainly fulfilled. The bloodychill assessment:

Fairgames: probably battle royale trash
Helldivers 2: awesome, EDF Starship Troopers
Aveum: Modern Hexen? Potentially good.
Ghostrunners 2: Hell yes
Phantom Blade 0: I hope this is as good as it looks because it looks like it could be extremely fun
Sword of the Sea: *Looks* really cool
Neva: *Looks* cool
Talos Principle 2: Yes. Yes. More.
Cat Quest thing: People do seem to like these games I guess?
Final Fantasy 16: MAEVE! MAEVE! We're eidelon gundams now
SE Bubble Game: no one will play this
MGS Delta: No faith in modern Konami, we'll see
Alan Wake 2: Scratching that X-Files itch. Yes.
Assassin's Creed Mirage: Not even Shohreh Aghdashloo can get me excited about this trash
Revenant Hill: *Looks* cool
Ultros: Psychedelic metroidvania. Neat.
Dragon's Dogma 2: Hell yes
VR nonsense: Even the ones that looked cool turned my stomach. Sorry VR. The shooting game made me think Time Crisis would be fun to adapt to VR though.
Marathon: Finally Bungie is making something other than Destiny. Good. I will play Marathon. The style is so neat. It will be a polished Tarkov-like I guess?
The Hardware: I do not care unless that streaming thing is cheap.
Spiderman 2: This looked like a lot of bullshots to me but it's 4-5 months out from release somehow. Still, looks awesome.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I guess most of their first party stuff just wasn’t ready to show?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

did anyone else catch that David Hayter was voicing in that VR game? and Jennifer Hale

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Kind of an overstuffed underwhelming show, but some cool stuff. Marathon, yeah I'm all in. DD2 and Alan Wake 2, I'm looking forward to. Helldivers 2 looks like it could be fun. Not much else? That magic fps looks kinda cool. Spider Man 2, meh, that footage shown did nothing to excite me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wouldn't play the original MGS 3 first because then going through them in story order means the gameplay systems change massively between entries.

If the remake changes no story beats at all, such as not having Skullface follow 20m behind you at all times as established in MGS 5, you can absolutely treat it as a standalone James Bond game and it holds up.

I wouldn't recommend doing that, but it would work for the most part.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

you're wrong but ok

its the third game in the series (this specific series) for a reason. If you need that explained then I don't know what to tell you.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rewatching the Spidey trailer in 4K

https://youtu.be/ZRhJT2nmvA4

It’s still not the biggest graphical upgrade in the world or anything but it is a noticeable one and the draw distance is legit gobsmacking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bloodychill posted:

Well, my desire for new games and new IP was certainly fulfilled. The bloodychill assessment:

Fairgames: probably battle royale trash
Helldivers 2: awesome, EDF Starship Troopers
Aveum: Modern Hexen? Potentially good.
Ghostrunners 2: Hell yes
Phantom Blade 0: I hope this is as good as it looks because it looks like it could be extremely fun
Sword of the Sea: *Looks* really cool
Neva: *Looks* cool
Talos Principle 2: Yes. Yes. More.
Cat Quest thing: People do seem to like these games I guess?
Final Fantasy 16: MAEVE! MAEVE! We're eidelon gundams now
SE Bubble Game: no one will play this
MGS Delta: No faith in modern Konami, we'll see
Alan Wake 2: Scratching that X-Files itch. Yes.
Assassin's Creed Mirage: Not even Shohreh Aghdashloo can get me excited about this trash
Revenant Hill: *Looks* cool
Ultros: Psychedelic metroidvania. Neat.
Dragon's Dogma 2: Hell yes
VR nonsense: Even the ones that looked cool turned my stomach. Sorry VR. The shooting game made me think Time Crisis would be fun to adapt to VR though.
Marathon: Finally Bungie is making something other than Destiny. Good. I will play Marathon. The style is so neat. It will be a polished Tarkov-like I guess?
The Hardware: I do not care unless that streaming thing is cheap.
Spiderman 2: This looked like a lot of bullshots to me but it's 4-5 months out from release somehow. Still, looks awesome.

this is accurate