Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Elentor was permabanned though lol So two is correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mordja posted:

That or you can come post in the cum town thread where we're still cool.

There’s a cum town thread??

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

Elentor was permabanned though lol So two is correct

i'm brazilian

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

haha cum town sounds like the prison shower

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Op you never answered my question about junkbox vs ps5

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

oh i had to google search those. my cousin has a playstation that he let me play, i don't remember the game. are those things better than computers for games

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It would probably help if you used actual words instead of jargon you made up.

quote:

Op ru tryna cop an xjunk or nogamestation any time soon?

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 24, 2023

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

haha yeah i had to figure out what ps5 is then it made sense

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

A $2000 computer is great for games, and with Gamepass and an xbox controller it is effectively an Xbox minus some legacy 360 titles. Only reason to get a playstation is for a few exclusives that will end up on PC after a few years anyway.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MrQwerty posted:

A $2000 computer is great for games, and with Gamepass and an xbox controller it is effectively an Xbox minus some legacy 360 titles. Only reason to get a playstation is for a few exclusives that will end up on PC after a few years anyway.

plus Epic Store giveaways and cheap Steam sales on some of the older games that are must plays, it's cheap as gently caress to game nowadays. Plus Path of Exile, Destiny 2 and a few others are pretty decent free-to-play games

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

OP please do not play video games

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

It would probably help if you used actual words instead of jargon you made up.
Actual forum god Nom Epique made this jargon up not me

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I SHOWED YOU MY PLUMBUS PLEASE RESPOND

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Three Olives posted:

Have we ever had a post incarceration murderer? I thought permas were for murderous goons that kill as active users.

I feel like there's been at least one before (that talked about it) but I could be wrong, this site's been here a long fuckin' time

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
This nice man gets out after 25 years of serving his time, stumbles into the forums, providing thoughtful posts so goons are of course arguing over video games

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

op there’s a whole forum for talking about books here and there’s a thread there about the best blue water sailing books ever written if you’re interested in reading or talking about them

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3393240&perpage=40&noseen=1#post388680888

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
op you should watch Star Trek

Not the new ones, the new ones are mostly bad. The ones from the 90s.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

sticksy posted:

This nice man gets out after 25 years of serving his time, stumbles into the forums, providing thoughtful posts so goons are of course arguing over video games
Soon it’ll turn to food.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

harveys zoo zoos posted:

oh i had to google search those. my cousin has a playstation that he let me play, i don't remember the game. are those things better than computers for games

OP, the current Nintendo system is called a Switch, it's like a super fancy game boy that can hook up to your tv. You can use it on the go because it has a tiny screen.

Anyway one of the most celebrated games for the Switch is the Zelda game from 2017, Breath of the Wild. It's known for being a large world you can explore as you please, you can fly through the sky and take things at your own pace. You start off with almost nothing in the middle of the map, and you can choose to fight Ganon right then with a stick and just 3 hearts, or you can explore to get stronger. You have the freedom to proceed how you like.

The sequel, Tears of the Kingdom, was just released May 12 and people are going nuts for it. It's wholesome and engaging.

Anyway my rec is you should pick up a Switch and both/either Zelda games.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 24, 2023

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Soon it’ll turn to food.

quick, get his input on beans vs no beans for chili

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

buffalo all day posted:

op there’s a whole forum for talking about books here and there’s a thread there about the best blue water sailing books ever written if you’re interested in reading or talking about them

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3393240&perpage=40&noseen=1#post388680888

check out RSF too--new subforum about casually discussing books. you might take to a thread or make your own, moderation seems pretty lax

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

and no loving beans in chili

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

i love food, but i'm just now discovering what it can really be like. someone posted some really good links to food books and youtubes that i've been looking at. i will be checking out the food subsections here too.

the first thing i had when i got out was burger king and i couldn't even eat it, it was so salty. i just wanted a real hamburger but i know bk isn't the right choice for that but it was the only thing around.

Cael posted:

quick, get his input on beans vs no beans for chili

the only chili i've ever had did have beans

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
My man's a beans chili guy, I knew you were good folks

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

harveys zoo zoos posted:

i love food, but i'm just now discovering what it can really be like.

Want to have your mind loving blown? Go to https://www.yelp.com/ and search up "Teppanyaki"

You might have a Benihana (popular teppanyaki chain) near you, or better yet a non-chain location.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Oh man so much good food out there OP I'm so excited for you

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

if you want to see true horror do a google for 'nutraloaf'

it is now banned in a lot of prisons but we had it. it was usually only given to solitary inmates and as a punishment. but my prison was poor in a poor state with lots of poor people in it so i think we probably had more of it than most others.

dietary restrictions were routinely ignored

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

harveys zoo zoos posted:

what are the demographics here

i imagine it is mostly north american men but does the site have a lot of people from europe and other places

I first skipped the thread thinking I'm not gonna waste my time with another gimmick but if that's what this is it's good in my books and if this is real, which btw after 10 pages I'm more than half ready to accept it is, then I gotta say you seem cool and I like how you set boundaries on some subjects in a natural way with no needless apologies or defending of your position.

To answer your question in part, a finnish poster having trouble sleeping says hi! Been a fascinating read so far!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

harveys zoo zoos posted:

OP as a rule, the only time chili shouldn't have beans is when you're making coney chili for coney dogs. Look up what a coney dog is, they are loving amazing

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Based on your own observations how would you describe the relationship between the gangs and the prison staff, did you observe any particular groups receiving better or worse treatment from the COs? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

harveys zoo zoos posted:

the first thing i had when i got out was burger king and i couldn't even eat it, it was so salty. i just wanted a real hamburger but i know bk isn't the right choice for that but it was the only thing around.

A lot lot LOT of American food places salt the poo poo out of their food, use too much butter, and throw in a bunch of sugar. This is because these ingredients are cheap and make your brain happy, and the people selling you the fast food only care that you come back and eat their food forever until you die of a related disease. You have a huge leg up on being healthy compared to most Americans if fast food is already gross to you. I wish i could stop loving taco bell.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

five guys is great though albeit kinda expensive

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

Haverchuck posted:

Based on your own observations how would you describe the relationship between the gangs and the prison staff, did you observe any particular groups receiving better or worse treatment from the COs? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

sideways jim, one of the only decent guards, said something about this once. he said it was whichever group had the most money inside and most influence on the outside. since the whites were the majority they had more money and they got the best treatment. by more money i mean funds directly available to the inmates from their jobs or sent to them from the outside.
i imagine in other places it would be a different group. but also i think in a vacuum it would still be the whites because you know, white people. over the years we sometimes had more black guards in my section but they still showed preference to the white cons. the asians were treated the worst.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

harveys zoo zoos posted:

if you want to see true horror do a google for 'mangosteen'

it is now banned in a lot of prisons but we had it. it was usually only given to solitary inmates and as a punishment. but my prison was poor in a poor state with lots of poor people in it so i think we probably had more of it than most others.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

harveys zoo zoos posted:

i love food, but i'm just now discovering what it can really be like. someone posted some really good links to food books and youtubes that i've been looking at. i will be checking out the food subsections here too.

If you want to get into cooking videos then I definitely think Chef John is a good one because his recipes are very well explained, taste great, and range the gamut from simple to complicated.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

harveys zoo zoos posted:

. but also i think in a vacuum it would still be the whites because you know, white people. over the years we sometimes had more black guards in my section but they still showed preference to the white cons. the asians were treated the worst.

The bolded sentence is just too something awful dialectic for me to believe this is real.

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

i dont know enough about something awful to understand this, sorry

i've seen first hand in a bad place what a power structure like

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

harveys zoo zoos posted:

if you want to see true horror do a google for 'nutraloaf'

I learned about nutraloaf from a previous ex-con goon called Hiding For Goro, who did time in Leavenworth, the Federal Military pen because he was selling A LOT of party drugs while deployed in Hawaii. Nutraloaf is vile poo poo.

There was another ex-con goon who also did Federal time, but she was convicted of wire fraud and bank fraud for passing large bad checks in different states, hence the Federal charges. She only did like 16 months, but it was interesting to see what women's prison is like.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

harveys zoo zoos posted:

haha cum town sounds like the prison shower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=467Vz6l-3uw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Mordja posted:

If you want to get into cooking videos then I definitely think Chef John is a good one because his recipes are very well explained, taste great, and range the gamut from simple to complicated.

seconding chef john. i always make his taters

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/219077/chef-johns-perfect-mashed-potatoes/