Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
It isn't a real leak unless the pinkertons get sent out to find the leaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

On a similar note, should Training Grounds work with ninjutsu? I tried it on arena and it didn't work at least for Satoru Umezawa's ninjitsu granting. I don't really understand why.
https://scryfall.com/card/mat/9/training-grounds

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's the same reason, really. A creature card in your hand is not the same thing as a creature you control.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jabor posted:

It's the same reason, really. A creature card in your hand is not the same thing as a creature you control.

Specifically:

“Training Grounds affects only creatures you control on the battlefield. The costs of activated abilities that work in other zones (such as cycling or unearth) won’t be reduced.”

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

This isn't the first time someone has claimed to leak ban announcements, and they've always been fake. Like, everyone knows fable is going. And I can see them banning at least 1 thing from the esper legends deck so it doesn't take over standard in fable's place. But I doubt they're banning all that.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You know it's fake because they didn't include Blood Moon

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Magic rules are easier to understand if you're a stupid literal son of a bitch.

quote:

601.2. To cast a spell is to take it from where it is (usually the hand), put it on the stack, and pay its costs, so that it will eventually resolve and have its effect.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The ability on the stack knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn't from where it is (whichever is greater), it obtains a difference, or deviation.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

A Moose posted:

This isn't the first time someone has claimed to leak ban announcements, and they've always been fake. Like, everyone knows fable is going. And I can see them banning at least 1 thing from the esper legends deck so it doesn't take over standard in fable's place. But I doubt they're banning all that.

Thought someone said that the last several bans were all leaked onto this same site in the same way and were right

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
In Vintage cube draft, someone hit me with an Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger with a Laelia in play on my side.

It made Laelia a 23/23 lol. That's a bug right? Shouldn't it only trigger once?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

T-Bone posted:

In Vintage cube draft, someone hit me with an Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger with a Laelia in play on my side.

It made Laelia a 23/23 lol. That's a bug right? Shouldn't it only trigger once?

Yes, it's +1/+1 per trigger and ulamog's exile is only one trigger

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Yeah, if Laelia just triggered for every card put into exile, there would've been a new aggro self-mill archetype in legacy the day she was printed

That's pretty funny that it's bugged that way on modo though :v:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Modo has been an interesting experience as someone new to it who just wants to draft a little vintage cube for sure :o:

Especially since a lot of their documentation/linking is broken with the Daybreak takeover.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Silhouette posted:

Yeah, if Laelia just triggered for every card put into exile, there would've been a new aggro self-mill archetype in legacy the day she was printed

That's pretty funny that it's bugged that way on modo though :v:

For a limited time, you too can use Selective Memory, a card literally nobody has ever used, to turn Laelia’s into mini trench gorgers.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/13pufqv/recent_standard_leak_that_has_been_circulating/

Recent Standard “Leak” that has been circulating confirmed fake by Blake Rasmussen on WeeklyMTG

https://clips.twitch.tv/OilyBlightedSkunkNotATK-l7I1IZMYBbRTKrP1

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Yeah but didn't they also announce a price increase?

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Has anyone had experience dealing with WotC support for Arena issues? I've been unable to play and submitted a ticket for coming on 3 weeks now and I've heard gently caress all back from them.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the one time I contacted support they did the thing I asked in a matter of hours, i'd bug them again

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I lost my password and somehow made a different account using the same email. Heard back from them within the day, bug again.

Ultimatefire
May 6, 2013
When I was posting about my MoM drafts that i was super into, I was having internet issues for portions of it. Much of it turned out to be my fault locally. They never even asked, I had like 4 events refunded with no worries from them, some of them I d/c'ed but made it back into the game, even won the d/c game.

They don't care, they tend to refund as SOP. Kept me coming back.

Submit any problem, glitch, d/c, etc. Worst they can do is say no.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Wasn't there a guy that was massively abusing refunds that got banned? So maybe don't do that.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ultimatefire posted:

Submit any problem, glitch, d/c, etc. Worst they can do is say no.

If you defraud them on Arena do the Pinkertons just email you or is it a phone call

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

MasterBuilder posted:

Wasn't there a guy that was massively abusing refunds that got banned? So maybe don't do that.

IIRC that guy was in his own words deliberately taking cards he knew had a bug and then applying for a refund basically every single draft. People who are just asking for really disproportionate drafts without deliberately seeking out bugs seem to just get told "no more" eventually.

Ultimatefire
May 6, 2013

Devor posted:

If you defraud them on Arena do the Pinkertons just email you or is it a phone call

I'm sure they can look at my account expenditure and see the many drafts after I fixed my internet going 1-3 or 2-3 and conclude I'm pretty close to whale territory, lol

Y'know, its Wizards of the Coast, the brand known for their reasoned and calm responses.

...poo poo is it my fault they're doing small only-rare sets? Karma :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh gently caress yeahhhhhh, just got my shipping notification for my academic and stuff! can't wait, heard nothing but good things!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Captain Invictus posted:

oh gently caress yeahhhhhh, just got my shipping notification for my academic and stuff! can't wait, heard nothing but good things!

I just got mine today. It's big!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

mine's ETA is tomorrow i can't wait :toot: :bubblewoop:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Was there a second batch? I should have sold mine, it's way too big lol.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ShaneB posted:

Was there a second batch? I should have sold mine, it's way too big lol.

can probably sling the kickstarter exclusive colours, they're bringing a couple of them to regular retail sometime soon. no second batch, they're just still fulfilling the kickstarter

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Just want to chime in and say mine’s been great. It is big, but it holds two EDH decks plus a ton of tokens with room to spare.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I have cool stuff too it just goes to a different game

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

rules question: for myriad, i can respond to the end of combat exile trigger, right? so if i used blade of selves i could sac the token copies in response

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mix. posted:

rules question: for myriad, i can respond to the end of combat exile trigger, right? so if i used blade of selves i could sac the token copies in response

Yes: myriad is a trigger that will create a delayed trigger. You can respond to that delayed trigger

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:getin: my in progress baba lysaga deck is getting a new toy, then

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mix. posted:

:getin: my in progress baba lysaga deck is getting a new toy, then

Be careful, creatures usually only have one card type and two at most.
Token isn't a type and neither is legendary.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

HootTheOwl posted:

Be careful, creatures usually only have one card type and two at most.
Token isn't a type and neither is legendary.

that is why the deck runs mostly artifact/enchantment/land creatures, yes :v:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
A guy at commander night was telling me he bought 3 boxes of Baldur's Gate for something like $140, I was trying to tell him I was looking for a "blade of selves" but enunciating that through a mask as everyone was packing up to leave proved pretty difficult. I eventually managed pointing to myself and saying "Blade of Self-s" but it took a minute.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is there any kind of stated design goal for Pioneer, like "we won't make X mistake that we made before RTR?" I don't really get what the purpose of the format is.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/13qlc6n/ltc_lord_of_the_rings_face_commanders/

Éowyn, Warrior Maiden

2URW

Legendary Creature - Human Knight

First Strike

At the beginning of combat on your turn, if another Human entered the battlefield under your control this turn, create two 2/2 red Human Knight creature tokens with Trample and Haste. Then if you control six or more humans, draw a card.

5/4

Galadriel, Elven-Queen

2GU

Legendary Creature - Elf Noble

Will of the Council - At the beginning of combat on your turn, if another Elf entered the battlefield under your control this turn, starting with you, each player votes for dominion or guidance. If dominion gets more votes, the Ring tempts you, then you put a +1/+1 counter on your Ring-bearer. If guidance gets more votes or the vote is tied, draw a card.

4/5

Sauron, Lord of the Rings

5UBR

Legendary Creature - Avatar Horror

When you cast this spell, amass Orcs 5, mill five cards, then return a creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Trample

Whenever a commander an opponent controls dies, the Ring tempts you.

9/9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is there any kind of stated design goal for Pioneer, like "we won't make X mistake that we made before RTR?" I don't really get what the purpose of the format is.

less sets than modern makes it more accessible, and the fetchlands aren't legal so the format isn't warped around those