Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Chillgamesh posted:

its just one head of military intelligence stop buying into ruzzian propaganda

Normally I can guess at the talking point about stuff, but I'm legitimately curious how pro-Ukraine liberals would explain this guy just explicitly being like "yeah, we would do a genocide. And just to avoid any ambiguity, I am referring to physically destroying peoples' bodies"

My best guesses:
- Yeah this guy is bad but he isn't in charge of the whole government. Maybe he's just a genius at military intelligence!
- He was just really angry and said that in anger
- The translation is lying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

speng31b posted:

white rex

i'm receiving word that "White King" may be suspect

https://twitter.com/JamesL247893/status/1661376164017913856?s=20

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

feelin like white caesar

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Vomik posted:

maybe they'll let parts of western ukraine go to poland as a middle ground? lol

Been saying this ever since the annexation map went on polish tv

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Normally I can guess at the talking point about stuff, but I'm legitimately curious how pro-Ukraine liberals would explain this guy just explicitly being like "yeah, we would do a genocide. And just to avoid any ambiguity, I am referring to physically destroying peoples' bodies"

My best guesses:
- Yeah this guy is bad but he isn't in charge of the whole government. Maybe he's just a genius at military intelligence!
- He was just really angry and said that in anger
- The translation is lying

the video is heavily edited and i don't trust the source

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I was having a bit of a think about this story from the Belgorod incursion that ultimately got buried. Was the point of the Belgorod raid to have the Russian Volunteer Corps steal a nuclear weapon that Ukraine could later use with very-thinly-plausible deniability? The Belgorod-22 nuclear storage facility is only 15 km from the Ukrainian border and directly up the road from where the "guerillas" attacked. That seems like a much more reasonable mission for a battalion of light infantry than trying to provoke a nationwide uprising or whatever.
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/05/22/7403366/

quote:

Russia transport nuclear weapons from storage facility in Belgorod Oblast – Intelligence
Ukrainska Pravda

The Russians began transporting nuclear weapons from a storage facility in Belgorod Oblast of the Russian Federation.

Source: Andrii Yusov, representative of the Main Intelligence Directorate of Ukraine, on air of the national joint 24/7 newscast

Quote: "There is even additional information regarding evacuation measures. In an urgent mode, [people are evacuating from – ed.] the Belgorod-22 facility – a storage facility for nuclear weapons – Ruscists are also evacuating from the area near Grayvoron [city and district in Belgorod Oblast – ed.]."

Details: Yusov once again stressed that Ukraine has nothing to do with the events in Belgorod Oblast of the Russian Federation, and the forces fighting there are local anti-Putin ones.

Advertisement:

Background:

The Russian military unit 25624 is located in the Grayvoronsky district of Belgorod Oblast (in the city of Belgorod-22). This unit is part of the Strategic Missile Forces of the Russian Federation and is an "object C". This is code for "Central nuclear weapons storage point of the Russian Federation".
The Russian Volunteer Corps and the Freedom of Russia Legion announced the liberation of Kozinka and Gora-Podol in Belgorod Oblast on 22 May. They added that they had entered Grayvoron, Russia, and urged residents of the Russian border regions to stay at home and "not resist".
As a result, the introduction of a legal counter-terrorist operation regime was announced in Belgorod Oblast.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Egg Moron posted:

What happens to Mao in the fascist America vs fascist Europe cold war scenario?

nothing changes about the US desire to contain Japan's rise so they'd probably still team up with China

assuming they still beat Japan, the US might be tempted to back the much better fighters in the Communists rather than the loser KMT against the fascist EU.

I wonder if a united fascist Europe would still ally with Japan tho, maybe they'd be too busy digesting the USSR.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

sum posted:

I was having a bit of a think about this story from the Belgorod incursion that ultimately got buried. Was the point of the Belgorod raid to have the Russian Volunteer Corps steal a nuclear weapon that Ukraine could later use with very-thinly-plausible deniability? The Belgorod-22 nuclear storage facility is only 15 km from the Ukrainian border and directly up the road from where the "guerillas" attacked. That seems like a much more reasonable mission for a battalion of light infantry than trying to provoke a nationwide uprising or whatever.
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/05/22/7403366/

sounds just about insane enough to be something Ukraine cooked up.. I mean we know that these people were operating under the direction and with the support of the Ukrainian army.

Did they ever make it close to the place? I hope not..

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Starsfan posted:

sounds just about insane enough to be something Ukraine cooked up.. I mean we know that these people were operating under the direction and with the support of the Ukrainian army.

Did they ever make it close to the place? I hope not..

The bridges around the nuke storage place are all wired with explosives which Russia blew so no they never got that close

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Ukraine is now within spitting distance of the t0513 highway they have also liberated Yahidne and are actively sieging berkhivka.

We are looking at a major event in the next week or so. What I do notice is that the speed at which Ukraine is taking back territory surrounding bakhmut is getting faster as the last two days have progressed.

Wagner's once again complaining and Ukraine is in the outskirts of bakhmut with at least half a mile or so worth of city scape behind them.

Literally another mission accomplished by the Russian military. Wagner is definitely going all in on the fact that bakhmood is captured so that they can loving leave because they know what is about to happen is going to be devastating. This may be the moment that the Russian army's back is broken as the lines are going to start disintegrating over the next coming weeks. At least in this direction.

Big big loving news folks keep your calendars and your live UA maps open

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

paul_soccer12 posted:

Ukraine is now within spitting distance of the t0513 highway they have also liberated Yahidne and are actively sieging berkhivka.

We are looking at a major event in the next week or so. What I do notice is that the speed at which Ukraine is taking back territory surrounding bakhmut is getting faster as the last two days have progressed.

Wagner's once again complaining and Ukraine is in the outskirts of bakhmut with at least half a mile or so worth of city scape behind them.

Literally another mission accomplished by the Russian military. Wagner is definitely going all in on the fact that bakhmood is captured so that they can loving leave because they know what is about to happen is going to be devastating. This may be the moment that the Russian army's back is broken as the lines are going to start disintegrating over the next coming weeks. At least in this direction.

nafo copium ftw

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ukraine will be in Moscow by Juneteenth to celebrate the liberation of the moscowian slaves by zelenskyy and Joe Biden.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

i thought syqs from the other ukraine threads were banned? i knew exactly which poster this was before even checking lol. its funny but this was really bad for the thread last time so imo we should keep syqs to twitter and reddit, theres plenty of content there that wont lead to forums dramas.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

OctaMurk posted:

i thought syqs from the other ukraine threads were banned? i knew exactly which poster this was before even checking lol. its funny but this was really bad for the thread last time so imo we should keep syqs to twitter and reddit, theres plenty of content there that wont lead to forums dramas.

yeah agreed, i would prefer not to do it. not going to start slapping buttons on people for it unless it becomes a problem but i would personally recommend to avoid syqs

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

virgin liveua f5 open tabber

chad rybar summary reading telegrammer

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Thats my analysis and opinion it's not syq

I'm also starting a gofund me to help rebuild ukraine. Watch this space

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

blackrock has a something awful branch now? i guess it will make my forum account value appreciate.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

please do not do syqs from elsewhere on the forums please

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

speng31b posted:

yeah agreed, i would prefer not to do it. not going to start slapping buttons on people for it unless it becomes a problem but i would personally recommend to avoid syqs

imo it should fall under fair use while the prediction is still active. paul soccer is gonna be really embarrassed when whoever smug quotes it when russia is dissolved in the coming weeks

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

paul_soccer12 posted:

We found a sturdy sharp stick under a tree and gave it to Boris. Now the Russians won't know what hit them, Moscow by Monday.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Vomik posted:

imo it should fall under fair use while the prediction is still active. paul soccer is gonna be really embarrassed when whoever smug quotes it when russia is dissolved in the coming weeks

when paul soccer is correct cspam will close at midnight

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I support SYQ

Slava YuQraini

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

when paul soccer and al saqr agree,their accounts shall merge and the forums will go down permanently

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Multiple pickles all talking to one another makes this thread feel schizophrenic

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

when paul soccer and al saqr agree,their accounts shall merge and the forums will go down permanently

the forum instrumentality project

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

They will do the fusion dance, forming the ultra-powerful poster Paul Saqr

(or Al Soccer; those user names are actually remarkably similar)

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lobster shirt posted:

Say what you will about me, I will never ever be a supporter of child gassing murderous animal nazis like you, thank god. thank god I'll never be as stupid as you where all I have to do as a nazi is kill every liberal and leftists I can day one and you'll line up to support me when the natural course of my actions lead the rest to extremism.

I'm so happy the russians are getting their poo poo pushed in by the ukranians, god bless every ukranian soldier, I'm so happy they're inflicting revenge on every russian fascist they can. I hope they keep up the good work and win. if the russians wont get punished for what they did in Syria, then right on their doorstep will be just as well. here's hoping the ukranians finish the job with their offensive soon so I can see you cry. ^_______^

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the syq is coming from inside the thread

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

They will do the fusion dance, forming the ultra-powerful poster Paul Saqr

(or Al Soccer; those user names are actually remarkably similar)

A modern John Paul Sartre.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

lobster shirt posted:

it should be allowed if it can be mistaken for a reddit post. cuz i 100% thought it was legit a reddit post

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Xaris posted:

it should be allowed if it can be mistaken for a reddit post. cuz i 100% thought it was legit a reddit post

it is against the thread rules and while things are much better drama wise nowadays the thread is fine without it. better just not do it.

that said I personally am not going to hunt around for sources on every post to see if it is a blind quote or not and I would appreciate if other posters here don't get hall monitor brain about it either. the spirit of the rule is to avoid forums drama not shine a spotlight on it so if you really feel like it just report the post or PM me and move on and it will be dealt with or not.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
If you want to avoid all your girlfriends throwing themselves at that insufferable chud with a penchant for guns maybe you should consider to stop beating them.
Hth

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

paul_soccer12 posted:

Say what you will about me, I will never ever be a supporter of child gassing murderous animal nazis like you, thank god. thank god I'll never be as stupid as you where all I have to do as a nazi is kill every liberal and leftists I can day one and you'll line up to support me when the natural course of my actions lead the rest to extremism.

I'm so happy the russians are getting their poo poo pushed in by the ukranians, god bless every ukranian soldier, I'm so happy they're inflicting revenge on every russian fascist they can. I hope they keep up the good work and win. if the russians wont get punished for what they did in Syria, then right on their doorstep will be just as well. here's hoping the ukranians finish the job with their offensive soon so I can see you cry. ^_______^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lffg88WDRg

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Russia

The head of the Wagner mercenary force has said that 20,000 of its fighters have been killed in the battle for the Ukrainian city of Bakhmut, and warned that Russia could face another revolution if its leadership does not improve its handling of the war.

Link

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/may/24/wagner-head-warns-of-revolution-after-claiming-20000-fighters-killed-in-bakhmut

Date of news

Wed 24 May 2023 19.06 BST

Significance of news and why it's bad for Russia

Evidence of continuing dissension amongst the senior members of Russia's military forces, which will lower morale and combat effectiveness amongst the rank and file troops.

Key quotes from the article

Yevgeny Prigozhin said 20% of the 50,000 convicts Wagner had recruited, and a similar number of its regular troops, had been killed over several months in the fight for Bakhmut.

Prigozhin pointed to the social disparity underlined by the war, with the sons of the poor being sent back from the front in zinc coffins while the children of the elite “shook their arses” in the sun.

“This divide can end as in 1917 with a revolution,” he said in an interview posted on his channel on the Telegram messaging app. “First the soldiers will stand up, and after that – their loved ones will rise up. There are already tens of thousands of them – relatives of those killed. And there will probably be hundreds of thousands – we cannot avoid that.”

Ilya Ponomarev, a Russian dissident based in Ukraine who claims to lead the political wing of the Freedom of Russia Legion... said that Prigozhin was a smart analyst of what was really happening in Russia and was “spot on” in his prediction about a brewing revolution. Asked about the absence of evidence so far of popular resistance in Russia, he said that in January 1917, Vladimir Lenin had said he doubted his generation would live to see the fall of the Tsarist regime, “and that was less than one month before the revolution started”.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Russia has won this battle and why it's actually for Russia.

Clearly I'm not paid by the word.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
does anyone believe anything prigozhin says

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Raskolnikov38 posted:

as much as liberals believed anything Chalabi or Yeonmi Park said

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If you close your eyes and believe hard enough then even dreams can come true.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I do, he's my hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i dont even know which guy that is