Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
trucking fresh water across the country to run through the hydroelectric dam to power slot machines is peak americana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
Le doomerz

quote:

https://www.euronews.com/green/2023/05/22/we-cant-escape-the-reality-france-is-preparing-for-4c-of-warming-by-2100
‘We can’t escape the reality’: France is preparing for 4°C of warming by 2100

After living through the hottest summer on record in 2022 and a prolonged drought, France is now preparing for a future where extreme weather could become commonplace.

France is preparing for 4°C of global warming by the end of the century as countries fail to deliver on targets that would keep temperatures below Paris Agreement goals.

Environment minister Christophe Béchu told French newspaper JDD that his government was no longer betting on limiting temperatures to 1.5°C or at least well below 2°C.

“We can’t escape the reality of global warming,” Bechu warned in a statement on Sunday.

“So we must prepare concretely for its inevitable effects on our country and our lives.”

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
gonna be huge for the french mass grave construction industry

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

france getting ready to deal with all the coal pollution coming into the country from germany

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

planted six native eucalypts on some denuded public land and they've already put forth the green shoots of happiness :unsmith:

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Hubbert posted:

[biosphere collapse] Has everyone lost their minds?

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Bob Ross Nuke Test posted:

Putting my Tesla in puppy mode to avert my imminent death from heat stroke.

Set cabin air to "recirculate" first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgT1Sjo6u34

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the narrator needs a wedgie

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

wonder when we'll get the first coal rolling prompted shooting

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

a strange fowl posted:

planted six native eucalypts on some denuded public land and they've already put forth the green shoots of happiness :unsmith:

the small suggestion of joy

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

After watching that video it’s clear we need to make it illegal to not roll coal on Teslas.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Wheeee posted:

wonder when we'll get the first coal rolling prompted shooting

I imagine it won't be that long before someone rolling coal on somebody else "feels threatened" and shoots them too, yes

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Just popping in to say I feel like Sarah Connor in the terminator doing a checklist of training for my kids as the new world is born

☑ leadership training
☑ community organizing
☑ throne surrounded by solar panels to be sun king

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Wow you've ticked them all off already. Post a pic of your throne

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

man how is everything always so much worse than I expect every time I check in. like I know it is getting worse and I know the rate of decline is accelerating and somehow it is still worse than I expect. it really is hofstadtlers law.

also lmao that developer he is in for a lot of surprises!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

4d3d3d posted:

Le doomerz

quote:

“So we must prepare concretely for its inevitable effects on our country and our lives.”

My guess is that they're actually going to do jack poo poo, just like every other country. Except vote in more and more right wing governments, just like every other country.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
don’t despair goons, there is hope and that hope is ketamine therapy for treatment resistant depression! The planet nah thats still hosed

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

BCR posted:

Just popping in to say I feel like Sarah Connor in the terminator doing a checklist of training for my kids as the new world is born

☑ leadership training
☑ community organizing
☑ throne surrounded by solar panels to be sun king

Which weapon class are you going to have them spec in? I feel like Ranged has a lot more staying power than people expect, especially if the solar throne is close to a non-submerged city, but Blunt is versatile everywhere

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sneak/gambling reigns supreme in post apocalyptic scenarios, studies show

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
dump all points into luck, take the wild wasteland perk and the jinxed trait yes i realize i'm mixing stuff from multiple games together, i don't care

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

If my plan wasn’t just to die I would probably research primitive desert warfare. I imagine that ranged gets some significant advantages when cover from vegetation does not exist

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Hello, and welcome to the Apocalyptic Raider Warband Auditions Part 2: The Next Generation

There are two questions, as follows:

1) What three skills will you emphasize when raising your child?

2) What will your child's role be in their future raider warband?

Hubbert has issued a correction as of 15:33 on May 25, 2023

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Anyone else see that James Hansen paper from NASA where he and his coauthors talk about us feedbacking our way to 10c of warming lol

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Mayor Dave posted:

Anyone else see that James Hansen paper from NASA where he and his coauthors talk about us feedbacking our way to 10c of warming lol

Like a few others did in this thread a couple of months ago, I covered some of the aerosol observations in said article.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Hubbert posted:

quote:

Fausian bargain
:hmmyes:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

TehSaurus posted:

If my plan wasn’t just to die I would probably research primitive desert warfare. I imagine that ranged gets some significant advantages when cover from vegetation does not exist

Better pray to yah for victory in this duel, or it is you who will give water

Hubbert posted:

Hello, and welcome to the Apocalyptic Raider Warband Auditions Part 2: The Next Generation

Archeology, demolitions, drive

Being able to use old era technology I think props up the other two and is useful in some edge cases, transport is critical for the nomad band, and demo literally removes obstacles

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Mayor Dave posted:

People aren't asking the real questions, like "do you think the next intelligent life to form will find our cracked and sunbleached bones and dig up our fallen civilization or is there not enough time for the planet to right course and another one to evolve before the heat death of the universe"

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Hubbert posted:

1. Teach them how to be a cult leader, basic first aid and total ruthlessness.

2. Ruler of the warband and then the wasteland and hoarder of souls.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So, yeah...so France's "ban" on short flights?

It only impacts five legs: https://onemileatatime.com/news/france-bans-short-domestic-flights/

...out of 108, 103 of which will continue operating.

So in terms of "helping the environment," it's the national equivalent of cutting up six pack loops so it doesn't hurt a dolphin, but instead makes it easier for something to eat the smaller bits of plastic.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
so with all the news as of late are there neolib posters still trying to get the thread shut down by throwing hissy fits in SAD?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So, yeah...so France's "ban" on short flights?

It only impacts five legs: https://onemileatatime.com/news/france-bans-short-domestic-flights/

...out of 108, 103 of which will continue operating.

So in terms of "helping the environment," it's the national equivalent of cutting up six pack loops so it doesn't hurt a dolphin, but instead makes it easier for something to eat the smaller bits of plastic.

yeah it doesn't affect CDG lol, apparently because they get a lot of people visiting from other countries through that airport. but i don't see why that would matter

Brainwreck
Mar 17, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
RIP Clean Water Act lmao.

https://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-rules-against-epa-142330554.html

quote:

During oral arguments in October, several members of the court's conservative majority questioned the standard the EPA uses to determine if a wetland is subject to federal permitting requirements and oversight. Chief Justice John Roberts summed up the challenge facing the court by noting that water often flows underground in ways that are difficult to predict or measure: "Water goes everywhere, eventually."

The court's opinion means that the EPA will have the ability to regulate only wetlands with a "continuous surface connection" to a larger body of water in a way that makes them "indistinguishable" from those large bodies. That's a break from a more encompassing standard that required the EPA and landowners to consider the chemical and biological connection between the wetland and the larger body of water.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

hahahaha water goes everywhere eventually and the conclusion is not to regulate it? monsters

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

TehSaurus posted:

hahahaha water goes everywhere eventually and the conclusion is not to regulate it? monsters

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

see what I mean about needing ketamine?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Water water everywhere and not a drop to regulate :mad:

- The Supreme Court

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

if its not been seen https://twitter.com/jaywillis/status/1661742708309004288

https://twitter.com/jaywillis/status/1661748028854906882

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

thermostat: hey I can learn about your schedule over the next three weeks to reduce your usage!

me: lol, lmao *pushes no*

also the corporate engagement survey had a question about sustainability and the environment. I’m kicking myself for giving a measured answer instead of “imagine I put thirty minutes of the joker laughing in this text box because that’s what I would do if I knew how”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

we are turbofucked