Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Oh, I am definitely excite now. It still looks like DD, only shinier!!

*mild squeal*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Super loving hyped for this.

ShadowMar posted:

its crazy in the best possible way that they didn't redesign anything and simply made everything look nicer, i thought that was something you just couldn't do anymore in this industry

That ship has sailed with TOTK

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

it's real... I can't believe it...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm not sure if goblins ill or well like fire anymore

it's a good thing we have mother loving dragons dogma 2 to tell us

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Night10194 posted:

God willing, this time we will go find out what's messed up on the moon.
we're going to go slap the Moon Dragon because he's a smug piece of poo poo

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I'm not sure whether I should replay 1 in preparation for this. It looks very similar (not a complaint), so I might get burnt out on the formula by the time 2 rolls around

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i'm not sure if goblins ill or well like fire anymore

it's a good thing we have mother loving dragons dogma 2 to tell us

Funnily enough, despite hearing it a thousand times a session, this is kind of a lie. Goblins aren't particularly weak to any damage type. Their only modifier is for Dark magic, which they're resistant to.

I guess they still might "ill like" being set on fire, but that's a pretty broadly applicable statement.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

goblins ill like cat people

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Anyone wanting to pass the time in a slightly different way from regular Dragon's Dogma might be interested in setting up or joining a private server. Follow the link to the Discord in the comments section at this video for instructions, and it is under 'new-ddon-guide':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w2MqobT_uE

You can
- customise your character and pawn,
- have your own room and pet,
- adjust skills using commands without needing to visit an NPC (but that is also an option)
- use the various emotes
- store items
- summon enemies

More videos and instructions at the Discord.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APrBdP0bBJM

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

All I want for DD2 (aside from just more DD) is either making more opportunities to cast the BIG spells or make casting faster in general. Also the ability to tell what rank of a spell/skill you want your Pawns to use.

Yeah, meteor shower and tornado are amazing spectacles but you never have a real chance to use them in normal combat.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
I just want a simultaneous release on PC that so far hasn't been mentioned.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Inzombiac posted:

All I want for DD2 (aside from just more DD) is either making more opportunities to cast the BIG spells or make casting faster in general. Also the ability to tell what rank of a spell/skill you want your Pawns to use.

Yeah, meteor shower and tornado are amazing spectacles but you never have a real chance to use them in normal combat.

Sounds like someone isn't constantly runnimg away and praying behind weird rocks while the pawns run interference :colbert:

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I always thought it would be fun if there was an augment that let you move around and dodge at normal speed while you charged spells, maybe even having it charge faster when you were closer to enemies and slower if you were further, but that would probably be way too strong.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

There's some motherfuckers in Bitterblack Isle that always seem to have no trouble casting Tornado on me.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Pawns usually finish casting maelstrom or any of the big spells as soon as the fight is over.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
So we can definitely say that dd2 will be a continuation of dd1? God i am so excited!
Think of the armour!
The character creator!
The terribly implemented romance!
The weapons man and his three lines repeated over 200 hours of gameplay!
Another type of bitterblack isle!(can it even be topped?)
The one piece of clothing you’ll travel 5000 in game miles to get to make your character look just right!
The pervert jester!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

So we can definitely say that dd2 will be a continuation of dd1? God i am so excited!
Think of the armour!
The character creator!
The one piece of clothing you’ll travel 5000 in game miles to get to make your character look just right!
The pervert jester!

I mean theh could try and make a version that isn't just the same five rooms taped together over and over again, that might work?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
All I remember about Bitterblack Isle is either that or you do it first or get something there, it's tough but then you're significantly OP for the rest of the game, or some trick like that.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

The pervert jester!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Think of the armour!
The character creator!
The pervert jester!

If all they added was a way to change equipment appearance so every well-geared pawn doesn't look identical and a few more "Grigori is here and the game is suddenly a heavy metal album cover" scenes, I'd happily play for another 100+ hours.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
FINALLY

What’s it been, eleven years??

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Khanstant posted:

All I remember about Bitterblack Isle is either that or you do it first or get something there, it's tough but then you're significantly OP for the rest of the game, or some trick like that.

Probably https://dragonsdogma.fandom.com/wiki/Ring_of_Perseverance

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Thundarr posted:

If all they added was a way to change equipment appearance so every well-geared pawn doesn't look identical and a few more "Grigori is here and the game is suddenly a heavy metal album cover" scenes, I'd happily play for another 100+ hours.

I really hated end-game DD fashion. So much so I just dressed them up however I wanted and hoped for the best

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Luckily armor was never very important. Slap on an endgame weapon and you can wear whatever. I always tried to get my pawn 100% petrify and sleep res though.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i didnt mind casting time for mages too much but it was really annoying how much setup all your mystic knight abilities need

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

cuntman.net posted:

i didnt mind casting time for mages too much but it was really annoying how much setup all your mystic knight abilities need

Melee MK is my favorite vocation but only if you use mods to lower the cast times and extend the duration of their buffs. Otherwise you spend 50% of your time in combat rebuffing and it's not as though they are anywhere near powerful enough to compensate for it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The only big change I hope they make is the damage and defense formula. It was poorly balanced and annoying to have to chug periapts.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Maybe it's time to try to beat DD1 again then. I basically always get to the first city, get lost and stop

Any tips and tricks for a starting build and what I'm meant to be doing

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Don't worry about builds or any of that. Play a vocation you think is fun and just keep your weapon updated. The vast majority of your offensive stats come from your weapon so just buy new ones as they become available.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Communist Thoughts posted:

Maybe it's time to try to beat DD1 again then. I basically always get to the first city, get lost and stop

Any tips and tricks for a starting build and what I'm meant to be doing

Build don't really matter, just play what feels fun but be sure to try out everything. Each class plays different enough to warrant experimentation.

Magic Archer is brrrrroooooooken OP so save it for last.

All current versions give you a permanent teleporting stone but I don't think they mention it. Exploration is less forgiving than something like Skyrim, but you may overcome some big obstacle early and find cool poo poo.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

If you care about stats

on level up
Red classes give offenses (warrior/assassin) and defense (fighter)
Sorcerer gives magic offense, magic archer gives magic defense. if you are playing a blue hybrid, leveling sorcerer for a while helps a lot for your magic. or you level red for your physical.
yellow give balanced, leaning stamina. 200 levels of strider has no real weaknesses
mage sucks for levels, mathematically worst class

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm ready for Greater Cannon, Grander Bolide, and of course Ten Thousand Kisses.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Put this thread back in my bookmarks, can't wait!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I always really liked assassin, very fun class to play.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I keep playing magic archer or the dagger class. I want to play the big 2 hand weapon class but for some reason it has less abilities.

I bought and finished dragons dogma 3 times of far and I could do it again if I had to.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I think every time I've played I've gone Sorcerer. Big Spells are too much fun.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Overbite posted:

I want to play the big 2 hand weapon class but for some reason it has less abilities.

warriors don't need as many skills as other classes b/c you'll be too busy bunnyhopping and spamming jump attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

just make sure to keep one of the warrior skills with all the iframes mapped and arc of obliteration of course.

e: escape/exodus slash, had to look it up.