Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
The bar for a weapon "useable and good at damnation high intensity shock gauntlet" is also tbh lower than what one might expect. Even lower for just damnation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Ogryn Kickback shotgun owns

IMO It’s fun but it doesn’t kill as much as I’d like considering it’s rate of fire.

The whole time I use it I’m just thinking “these would be knock backs AND kills if I was using the grognum (or whatever that heavy stubber is named)”

Like you can make it work ok but you have to play around it. But with the heavy stubber, who cares just shoot.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

haldolium posted:

honestly it's the most satisfying FPS experience from core mechanics. Played a bit more other shooters recently and god drat do they not feel as great anymore. It combines speed, extreme good impact feel of almost anything in melee and pewpew, powerslide, dodging in the most satisfying way. Animation and sound feedback are objectively outstanding and sound FX f.e. doesn't reuse the same bass (theres some term for it) like EA does for ages now (see battlefield, jedi knight etc.) - it's very well crafted in that regard. But ofc its a Fatshark game too.

This is pretty much thegame.txt. :blastu:

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

It kinda bugs me that every automatic weapon fires in bursts when tap firing.

The ripper gun would be a lot nicer if you could fire semi auto

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You can tap fire any of the automatic fire autoguns.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm thinking of reinstalling for the first time since . . . late December?

Anyways I've got a lvl 30 zealot plus all the other classes at various stages of not-30. I'm thinking of trying to actually kit out my zealot. IIRC I was a big fan of the 2h chain sword before. What's the hotness for a zealot, anything I should try to get?

I don't theorycraft breakpoints or anything and haven't really tried all weapon mark variants with blessings, just read community feedback on what seems to work. As Artificer said, what works even on the hardest difficulties is wide open. Some people weave attacks to hit certain patterns, I just swing and shoot :hellyeah:

Really good post about what enemies are armored with and where:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/z2pn4t/enemy_breed_armour_types_and_locational_damage/

Combat Axe:
Antax Mk V - Good swing pattern to hit weak spots
Maniac/Flak/Elite perks
Brutal Momentum - Amazing at horde clear, and once activated you can cleave through to specials/elites mixed in as well.
Headtaker - Free power!
Decimator - Also works well but is edged out by how easy Headtaker is to use

Thunderhammer:
Crucis is better at deleting the big boys with slightly higher damage, but I've heard Ironhelm is a good with mixed hordes even though I can't get used to it's attack pattern.
Unyielding/Flak/Elite Perks
Thrust - Deletes almost everything in one hit except monstrosities, hence the unyielding (also for bulwarks and reapers)
Momentum - Good if you need stay safe during a horde and regain toughness
Slaughterer or Headtaker for more power

Eviscerator feels like it's a weaker spot in damnation at the moment and is edged out by heavy swords and combat axes for everything but big guy damage (which Thrusterhammer does so much better)
Momentum - Like the Thunderhammer, I like having a defensive on this since it rips through elites with the special just fine.
Savage Sweep - Ramps up the horde clear with heavies by really making it cleave, synergizes with Momentum well

Heavy swords are in a much better place than they were, probably the best horde clear, just need to be paired with a ranged for elites
Rampage and Headtaker are good damage blessings since all the others increase cleave and the heavy sword is already really good on that.

Boltgun
Unyielding/Flak/Elite/Reload perks
Pinning Fire - P-P-P-Power!
Shattering Impact - Brittleness reduces armor by 5% per stack, so with all the multipliers doing whatever you end up doing more damage, and brittleness also reduces it for your team as well.

Braced Autoguns (but don't brace with them, horizontal spread goes crazy):
Agripinaa Mk VIII - I think this one has the best penetration so it's good at shooting into shooter groups
Unarmored/Flak - Helps with the ranged guys you'll mostly see and it's pretty accurate and ammo efficient enough to help with them
Hit & Run - To help close down the gap without getting staggered from all directions
Deathspitter or Fire Frenzy for power
They're all close ranged blessings, but close range in the game is like 15m so not just melee range

I still use the boring ol' antax and Agripinaa most of the time because they're well rounded, plus you can fish for blessings to rip with other characters since they're not unique to the zealot.

But really, I like the Antax (not all on my Zealot)

BeeSeeBee fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 24, 2023

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

BeeSeeBee posted:

I don't theorycraft breakpoints or anything and haven't really tried all weapon mark variants with blessings, just read community feedback on what seems to work. As Artificer said, what works even on the hardest difficulties is wide open. Some people weave attacks to hit certain patterns, I just swing and shoot :hellyeah:

Really good post about what enemies are armored with and where:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/z2pn4t/enemy_breed_armour_types_and_locational_damage/

Combat Axe:
Antax Mk V - Good swing pattern to hit weak spots
Maniac/Flak/Elite perks
Brutal Momentum - Amazing at horde clear, and once activated you can cleave through to specials/elites mixed in as well.
Headtaker - Free power!
Decimator - Also works well but is edged out by how easy Headtaker is to use

Thunderhammer:
Crucis is better at deleting the big boys with slightly higher damage, but I've heard Ironhelm is a good with mixed hordes even though I can't get used to it's attack pattern.
Unyielding/Flak/Elite Perks
Thrust - Deletes almost everything in one hit except monstrosities, hence the unyielding (also for bulwarks and reapers)
Momentum - Good if you need stay safe during a horde and regain toughness
Slaughterer or Headtaker for more power

Eviscerator feels like it's a weaker spot in damnation at the moment and is edged out by heavy swords and combat axes for everything but big guy damage (which Thrusterhammer does so much better)
Momentum - Like the Thunderhammer, I like having a defensive on this since it rips through elites with the special just fine.
Savage Sweep - Ramps up the horde clear with heavies by really making it cleave, synergizes with Momentum well

Heavy swords are in a much better place than they were, probably the best horde clear, just need to be paired with a ranged for elites
Rampage and Headtaker are good damage blessings since all the others increase cleave and the heavy sword is already really good on that.

Boltgun
Unyielding/Flak/Elite/Reload perks
Pinning Fire - P-P-P-Power!
Shattering Impact - Brittleness reduces armor by 5% per stack, so with all the multipliers doing whatever you end up doing more damage, and brittleness also reduces it for your team as well.

Braced Autoguns (but don't brace with them, horizontal spread goes crazy):
Agripinaa Mk VIII - I think this one has
Unarmored/Flak - Helps with the ranged guys you'll mostly see and it's pretty accurate and ammo efficient enough to help with them
Hit & Run - To help close down the gap without getting staggered from all directions
Deathspitter or Fire Frenzy for power
They're all close ranged blessings, but close range in the game is like 15m so not just melee range

I still use the boring ol' antax and Agripinaa most of the time because they're well rounded, plus you can fish for blessings to rip with other characters since they're not unique to the zealot.

But really, I like the Antax (not all on my Zealot)

awesome thanks.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Anyone got any tips on the Zealot speedrun penance? It's the only cosmetic left for me to get.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Anyone got any tips on the Zealot speedrun penance? It's the only cosmetic left for me to get.

Well for one you'll need to be in a private match for it now, make sure to check that box in the mission select screen or you'll be sitting staring at your results screen very confused why 19 minutes doesn't count. Yes, you *have* to check the box even with a pre-made 4 person squad.

Second, pick Hab Dreyko, preferably Low Intensity 4. Even without the skip it's one of the fastest missions as long as you focus on completing the objective asap.

Third, don't bother with pick ups aside from ammo along the way.

4th, this is optional, do it with 3 other zealots and steam roll everything. Don't let horde events keep you from moving forward, keep pushing steadily while dealing with them. Stun nade shooter patrols before they break apart.

Might take a practice run or two but it's honestly not that difficult.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Yeah even with pubbies that penance wasn't very difficult to get previously. Bit of a shame they made it private match only as it really didn't need that kind of coordination.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Imo they could fix the recons by making them do increasing damage to the same target on consecutive shots.
Even like 1% more per hit without a cap - so long as it's hitting the same dude. Rewards you for focus firing, doesn't make them any worse for spraying (and setting people on fire).

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Evil Kit posted:

Well for one you'll need to be in a private match for it now, make sure to check that box in the mission select screen or you'll be sitting staring at your results screen very confused why 19 minutes doesn't count. Yes, you *have* to check the box even with a pre-made 4 person squad.

Second, pick Hab Dreyko, preferably Low Intensity 4. Even without the skip it's one of the fastest missions as long as you focus on completing the objective asap.

4th, this is optional, do it with 3 other zealots and steam roll everything. Don't let horde events keep you from moving forward, keep pushing steadily while dealing with them. Stun nade shooter patrols before they break apart.

Wait, can you not get those penances by accident/luck in regular matches anymore? You have to be in a private match?

Thats... one way of fixing them, I guess. Lol.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Fishstick posted:

Wait, can you not get those penances by accident/luck in regular matches anymore? You have to be in a private match?

Thats... one way of fixing them, I guess. Lol.

It was a bit of a head scratcher when I read the patch notes too, but I sort of get it? They're generally the sort of thing you want a coordinated group for anyway. I can get why some players were complaining, they were either tedious (Psyker solo monster with BB penance) or caused the player to play recklessly or just throw (1 wound 20m zealot).

Imo aside from Psyker they didn't feel *that* disruptive but eh, it's not a terrible choice.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jerkface posted:

Theres atleast 1 new map (on throneside) coming next week. There will be a bigger commlink about the update on May 25th coinciding with the skulls event.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I wish I could be as positive as my prior two posting friends, but it's basically the same as it was. When people say "new map" it's still going to use a ton of the existing assets. There aren't like, jungle maps or ice maps or anything. Still just urban hell or desert hell.

The gameplay feels the same as it always has, maybe even better since they have done a lot of bugfixing and balance tweaks. I think it's fun. But if your biggest concern is lack of level variety, that hasn't changed.

I'm waiting for some kind of big content drop before I come back, like "distinct new map" or "new class" or similar. I've been waiting for months.

I think it's a great game but Fatshark is slow as poo poo.

Well at least it'll be a good time to check it out I guess

They really dropped the ball here though dang

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I think their initial release roadmap was based on the pie-in-the-sky hopes that they wouldn't need to do months and months of bugfixing and balancing on release

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

big cummers ONLY posted:

I think their initial release roadmap was based on the pie-in-the-sky hopes that they wouldn't need to do months and months of bugfixing and balancing on release

it's definitely this. they for whatever reason didn't or couldn't bug test sufficiently, released it thinking they had a stable product, and went into freakout mode when they realized how buggy their poo poo was. I love the game and they're handling the blowback extremely well, but there's a ton of content we'd already have by now that we're now looking forward to

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Evil Kit posted:

Bring along an autopistol or braced autogun vet with Unwavering Focus and Counterfire. With Unwavering Focus and Counterfire up, they can charge straight into shooter patrols, tanking all the shooter damage. If they somehow can't mow down all the shooters, the zealots will have closed into melee range. Add in Covering Fire for extra hilarity.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1660782687831875587?s=20

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It's impossible to say of course now but I bet even if the game had come out basically bug free, they still wouldn't have nearly the amount of content out post release that people seem to have been expecting. Maybe a couple levels and they'd have teased subclasses by this point or something like that.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Pride Month Swag activated

https://i.imgur.com/Jtg6Xw6.mp4

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

.Z. posted:

Bring along an autopistol or braced autogun vet with Unwavering Focus and Counterfire. With Unwavering Focus and Counterfire up, they can charge straight into shooter patrols, tanking all the shooter damage. If they somehow can't mow down all the shooters, the zealots will have closed into melee range. Add in Covering Fire for extra hilarity.

Playing as "ranged tank" is my favourite way to play Vet, and the game in general.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

thebardyspoon posted:

It's impossible to say of course now but I bet even if the game had come out basically bug free, they still wouldn't have nearly the amount of content out post release that people seem to have been expecting. Maybe a couple levels and they'd have teased subclasses by this point or something like that.

Vermintide 2 was 5 months, for the first DLC maps, IIRC

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

thebardyspoon posted:

Reminder that the plan was to somehow release a subclass every quarter, so in theory with a perfect release we should have had 2 more career options by now

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They were being extremely cagey about how subclasses were even going to work right up to release and still are so I was fully doubting they'd be in at all anytime soon.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MGROt4hqWM

The stream will be on in 2 hours

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I've got a sweet Purgatus staff from a mission recently. I've been a Voidstrike man from the jump, so this is new to me.

1) Are any of the soulblaze talents worth it now?

2) The staff counts as soulblaze damage, correct?

3) Any suggestion on stuff? I've got Warp Nexus IV and Warp Flurry IV (locked.) Perks are kind of bad: 6% ranged crit damage (does that even apply to Purgatus?) and +1 Stamina. Neither is great, but any suggestions on which to replace and for what?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Personally, I don't really rate the soulblaze talents while also using purgatus. Its more eggs in the basket of 'aoe dots', I'd rather have reduced brainburst charge time or reduced career recharge with 6 peril charges time at tier 5 and 6, and peril res or damage from peril on tier 2.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Gonna disagree, the level 30 feat should absolutely be the Soul blaze shout because getting warp charges back for flaming dudes is very good. Opens up some of the lower tier feats for different choices and just feels so much better imo when you don't have to stop to BB back up to 6 charges.

2) yes Purgatus counts as Soulblaze for the purposes of feats

3) that staff sounds great, crit flames double the stacks of Soulblaze applied so harassing is fine if you don't have any other choices to put on there. I'd reroll stamina because it's arguably the most useless perk on any ranged weapon.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

All the t6s give you charge recovery of some kind, so all the options are pretty good. I don't find it hard to keep up charges with doubled charges or with rapid brainbursts, your personal opinion on how much you hate charge recovery may influence you one way or another

Since they made the reduced career charge t6 also give you double warp charges and added the spreading soulblaze talent psyker's talent choices are in a much better spot and I feel there is certainly room for multiple good options! Probably worth giving both ways a go

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Psyker is definitely my 4th most played class, but IMO purgatus + soul blaze ult is the way to go so you can just eliminate hordes. Going purgatus staff means you're committing to horde management & CC, so as a vet/zealot/ogryn I'd rather the psyker keep doing that instead of stopping to rip off like 4 brain bursts on targets the vet should be shooting anyways.

Just IMO

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I'd agree if I could trust a quickmatch vet player to do anything other than magdump his boltor into poxwalkers

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Captainicus posted:

I'd agree if I could trust a quickmatch vet player to do anything other than magdump his boltor into poxwalkers

SOmetimes you just wanna see the body parts fly

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Darktide video playing now

New content "Rejects Unite" coming during skulls
2 new missions - one on Archivum and one that looks like a newish map (still heavy industrial look) that features some kind of community event challenge system?
Chaos Spawn enemy added to the game, looks fast and deadly
New in game currency purchasable cosmetic shop will be added

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Okay! So the reveal is out and it sounds like the patch will drop today or tomorrow? It's two new levels, one in Throneside. They're introducing the Chaos Spawn to the game as a new monstrosity, and a new cosmetics shop with way more free cosmetics to spend dockets on. Looks like full outfits based on the Redacted penance unlocks with alternative color schemes.

Also mentioned but not many details on QoL changes and balance stuff. No subclasses but I'm kinda okay with two new levels and a new major enemy.

Efb but honestly looking forward to digging in.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5ZHHbrUFCo

Here is the break out video

Not mentioned in the video but mentioned in the gamespot write up:

Crossplay support is expected to be available soon, as indicated by Fatshark. We've contacted them in an attempt to ascertain a specific launch date for it. Once activated, players using either Steam, Microsoft Windows Store, or Game Pass should be able to participate in gameplay together.

quote:

Reject Unite Content List:

2 NEW MISSIONS

Archivum Sycorax - Throneside
Archivum Sycorax is within our strike range, and there's plenty of data buried inside. Get in, access the Deep Archives, and bring us back something juicy. We've seditionists to root out.”
Ascension Riser 31 - Transit
Remix mission Ascension Riser 31 is part of our first community event. Players will unite to achieve 3 challenges. Each challenge will unlock a reward; the last will be Ascension Riser 31. The Moebians are due to pay off some of their co-conspirators. The exchange is happening in a Chasm Station Transit Hub. Said payment's taking the form of prismata crystals. Worthless to you, but handy if you're manufacturing heavy weapons.

ADDED ENEMY

Added the Chaos Spawn - an old fiend returns
COSMETICS

Lock/Unlocked cosmetic inventory view, for players to be able to track better what they have obtained so far
New earnable cosmetics
Earnable cosmetic shop
PREMIUM STORE

After a break to improve the experience, we are re-opening the premium store, featuring new sets of cosmetic items.

Dropping today?!

I'm not sure what the last reward being Ascension Riser 31 means... does that mean the community event will unlock the map?

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 25, 2023

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The event starts Monday, per the launcher.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Comms link https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/community-comm-link-25th-may-2023/80002
The third challenge unlocks the map, yes. We have to do a lot of missions with multipliers for difficulty.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I do wish they’d shy away from making cosmetics that look like enemies.

I’ve been reflexively shooting teammates sometimes because they are so similar.

Also releasing it at the end of a big holiday weekend is a weird move.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Richard Bong posted:

I was tired we'll say, but I actually got owned the other night because I thought an enemy reaper was our friendly ogryn :derp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Richard Bong posted:

I was thinking about it and it kinda makes sense cause they'll actually be in to do hotfixes as needed instead of everyone being off for the weekend while some horrible game breaking bug ruins the content drop.