Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

pls forgive me if this has already been tried but I keep hearing about Americans and tourists being kidnapped- has anyone considered just killing all the Americans and tourists so they can’t be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Shot:

https://twitter.com/MarkMeredith/status/1654483653827907584?t=lQPYL4NT3swngb2P6_4L_A&s=19

Chaser:

https://twitter.com/MarkMeredith/status/1654532977408499713?t=vW-St5tGZJgk_UynOpKYmg&s=19

https://twitter.com/MarkMeredith/status/1654695648984465409?t=NChOJ0U4SUs9dbCNb7GiFw&s=19

https://twitter.com/MarkMeredith/status/1654705023086104576?t=Sn5AAvxvU57Plc6HFW5D-g&s=19

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yeah, Damar, what kind of people give those orders?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Wayne_karrion/status/1654486589479714818

lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

that is one hosed up looking guy. adult baby looking guy.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

loving christ i've never seen someone whose face looks like their ears

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Vomik posted:

loving christ i've never seen someone whose face looks like their ears

:eyepop:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
they love going like "heh, that's the american education system for you!" as an excuse for not knowing extremely basic stuff about the rest of the world, because they don't understand that people in other countries keep learning new things after they leave school

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

exmarx posted:

they love going like "heh, that's the american education system for you!" as an excuse for not knowing extremely basic stuff about the rest of the world, because they don't understand that people in other countries keep learning new things after they leave school

I went to school in the south and we had a few books that talked about the "war of northern aggression".

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I went to school in the south and we had a few books that talked about the "war of northern aggression".

Lee-Jackson-King day was the best school holiday

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SonyaShaykhoun/status/1659262857152798721?t=w4gc3IXPlNga35TZ-4aMow&s=19

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Manburger?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

americans when adolf goebbels is leading 14.88 points over hitler goring in eagles nest iowa

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

americans when adolf goebbels is leading 14.88 points over hitler goring in eagles nest iowa

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

gently caress you. I'll eat street meat until I die!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Zeroisanumber posted:

gently caress you. I'll eat street meat until I die!

There is a media project to make everyone think the only safe food comes from a restaurant or some kind of package. Like don't eat food someone made at home because it's not clean.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

There is a media project to make everyone think the only safe food comes from a restaurant or some kind of package. Like don't eat food someone made at home because it's not clean.

The only safe food is packaged like the food in Vivarium

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

They like standing around at school bus stops cradling an automatic rifle, glaring at the kids, muttering under their breath "Someday a rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

iunno about human remains, but yeah that's why the fda exists. give kitchen food away all you want but you should probably be subject to regulation if you sell burgs

that said my paula deen sausage balls next week at the work potluck are gonna kill (figuratively)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hosed up things that americans do

i say swears online posted:

my paula deen sausage balls

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

iunno about human remains, but yeah that's why the fda exists. give kitchen food away all you want but you should probably be subject to regulation if you sell burgs

that said my paula deen sausage balls next week at the work potluck are gonna kill (figuratively)

the fda exists because industrial food production was killing people

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
A little sawdust in your meat is good fiber!

I need to read "the jungle" someday about early scary industrial food practices.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

door knobs

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

The Jungle was a massive fail because Sinclair wrote it to make people unionize but instead they all freaked out over icky meat

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
they're insane dude

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/may/14/fake-british-accents-americans-gen-z

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

naur

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Brinton Parker, a 30-year-old who lives in the Bay Area, works in tech marketing. The deluge of bad news out of Silicon Valley has her feeling like she’s approaching burnout, and she recently asked her manager for support at work.

“I said, ‘It’s affecting me mental health, innit?’” she explained. “And my boss was like, ‘Why did you say it like that?’ I think it adds levity to a vulnerable situation. The tougher the conversation, the more Cockney I become.”

zoomers are thirty now

edit there's a motherfucker in that article named Critter Fink

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

My 3-year old niece picked up Britishisms from watching Peppa Pig. I thought it was cute.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

there's a motherfucker in that article named Critter Fink

wow, didn't expect the guardian to publish chatGPT articles so quickly

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Zeroisanumber posted:

My 3-year old niece picked up Britishisms from watching Peppa Pig. I thought it was cute.

:sever:

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

This is the most embarrassing thing I have ever read lmaooooo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

quote:

“I said, ‘It’s affecting me mental health, innit?’” she explained. “And my boss was like, ‘Why did you say it like that?’ I think it adds levity to a vulnerable situation. The tougher the conversation, the more Cockney I become.”

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwQ_Iv-qKb4

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

I think the premise of the Bob's Burgers pilot was something like this.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

guidoanselmi posted:

I think the premise of the Bob's Burgers pilot was something like this.

Bob's was originally supposed to be about a family of cannibals who got meat from Mort's Mortuary and fed it to the community. It was good that they did a rework because that show doesn't sound like much fun.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

a lot of white australians slip into this horrible broad cockney-adjacent fake accent when they feel challenged and want to keep control of the situation without looking like they're panicking. it's like people who whistle when they're nervous, they're like "oh it makes me look chill and laid back" but actually it's more excruciating for everyone then if they just screamed and threw poo poo like normal people

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

a strange fowl posted:

a lot of white australians slip into this horrible broad cockney-adjacent fake accent when they feel challenged and want to keep control of the situation without looking like they're panicking. it's like people who whistle when they're nervous, they're like "oh it makes me look chill and laid back" but actually it's more excruciating for everyone then if they just screamed and threw poo poo like normal people
this just like posting lol/lmao at the end of a post

Weka
May 5, 2019

a strange fowl posted:

I think a silly accent is preferable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

That's just what the cockney accent is for

It's why if you have to say something harsh to your friends you add "m8" at the end to soften the blow