Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Natural 20 posted:

Anyone in Europe, how was the netcode during the beta?

I remember a lot of talk about how V was okay later in its life but it pretty much always shat the bed for us in the UK when we tried to give it a whirl.

Very good. The game wanted to spook you showing most servers as 3-bar for some reason, but as far as matches themselves went 3-5 bars were all perfectly smooth sailing - and that's on wifi.

The only networking issue I had was cabinets glitching out if one of the players alt-tabbed to chat during loading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

Absolutely perfect. Nothing like SFV.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Next Friday cant come soon enough.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's going to be a long week. Praying Capcom/steam don't gently caress it up and let us preload.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Natural 20 posted:

Good to the point where location doesn't really matter anymore. You can play with US people from Europe and it's perfectly playable, even 200+ ping was barely noticeable.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

If you're buying this on Steam and have a GreenManGaming account, check your email. I got a "Birthday Sale Ends Friday" email from them yesterday that led me to a 17% off coupon for SF6; was able to pre-order the regular edition for $49.79.

[edit] Even if you don't have that coupon code, looks like GMG is already discounting the base version 15% making it a little over $50 instead.

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 25, 2023

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Surprisingly lack of online tournaments over the release weekend, or at least I haven't seen anything posted

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

I remember a lot of talk about how V was okay later in its life but it pretty much always shat the bed for us in the UK when we tried to give it a whirl.

There were people in the middle east playing just fine against people in the US. It's a completely different story to SFV.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Natural 20 posted:

played a FT10 against a dude from saudi arabia with no complaints

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thirsty Dog posted:

There were people in the middle east playing just fine against people in the US. It's a completely different story to SFV.

Going by the ping, I got someone from either deep central Europe or the middle of China and had no issues with rubberbanding or responsiveness. I can't say if it was the same for whoever I was fighting, but it was one of the smoothest high ping experiences I've ever had.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Surprisingly lack of online tournaments over the release weekend, or at least I haven't seen anything posted

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/1661843057023795200

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Max Dood is really awesome. I never watch his Twitch channel, but I enjoy his Youtube content and his perspective on fighting games is really reasonable and good.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Oh sick, ask and you shall receive I guess!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Team Tournaments kick rear end, that’s gonna be a lot of fun to have on the second monitor.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Oh sick, ask and you shall receive I guess!

fadam posted:

Team Tournaments kick rear end, that’s gonna be a lot of fun to have on the second monitor.

Seems like a cool concept for a tourney. Generational teams:

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/1661872953154486277

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

boomers vs zoomers....

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I haven't seen Valle play SF6 yet. Hopefully he's in the tourney.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

teagone posted:

Seems like a cool concept for a tourney. Generational teams:

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/1661872953154486277

yeah it's a really cool idea

and Valle has gotta be in it right? How could you not include him, so long as he wants to participate I guess

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
June 7th, that's a lot of Ryus

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

who’s even an available NA sf2 old head other than valle? afrolegends? damdai? john choi? sirlin?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tae posted:

June 7th, that's a lot of Ryus

Let’s just say a certain eight characters are gonna be PRETTY popular.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

panko posted:

who’s even an available NA sf2 old head other than valle? afrolegends? damdai? john choi? sirlin?

I feel like one of the Wolfe brothers (idr if it's Alex or Graham) always comes out of the woodwork for a bit when a new SF releases

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

fadam posted:

Let’s just say a certain eight characters are gonna be PRETTY popular.

https://twitter.com/IHeartjustice_/status/1652093997048020992

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Char posted:

With all the hate Luke got here, actually I found he was a well made character.

Anyway I got Modern Controls Honda

I don’t know why people hated him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I know why

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lmao

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Is it just me being bad or are other people having issues doing quarter circles on PS5 controllers? It seems to ignore my initial down input a lot on the D pad.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

Is it just me being bad or are other people having issues doing quarter circles on PS5 controllers? It seems to ignore my initial down input a lot on the D pad.

I ended up switching to an Xbox controller because I didn’t like how the ps5 dpad felt. It feels mushy or something.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

i got stuck trying to do a super in the demo tutorial on a dualsense lol

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Dualsense annihilated my thumb, and hand in general on SF6, switching to a PS4 Dualshock was quite wonderful. Still the best d-pad around for fighters for me.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
That's the one. Thank you.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

i got stuck trying to do a super in the demo tutorial on a dualsense lol

Good to know that it wasn't just me then lol, must have spent 5 mins per super trying to get that tutorial done.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

panko posted:

DSP, duh.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oh God yes

Please invite him :allears:

With regards to Luke, I personally have no problem with his Himbo vibe in this game, it's far superior to his SFV look.

More Himbo representation in fighting games

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Lmao that would be hysterical

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

TulliusCicero posted:

With regards to Luke, I personally have no problem with his Himbo vibe in this game, it's far superior to his SFV look.

More Himbo representation in fighting games

I think Luke's a really interesting show of differences in art direction, because SFV Luke I think is as ugly as he is because he was designed for a game with an incompatible artstyle with V's.

SFVI's artstyle isn't exactly realistic, but it's much more capable of subtle visual elements, and a more grounded artstyle, and Luke is very clearly designed with them in mind; putting him into SFV required inevitable changes for the worse, because either they had to remove some of the assets entirely (which I think is why he's in a different outfit), or accentuate them to the point where they actually are visible, which led to his... unfortunate hair situation; his fairly subtle and realistic feathered hair and flyaways in VI look like goddamn pasta noodles in V.

What's interesting is I think he might've been the VI newcomer that would've handled that trip the worst, though. Everyone else I feel like could make the trip fairly elegantly; I can picture an SFV Jamie, Marisa, or Lily.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jonnittiFGC/status/1662013606865645570?s=20

woke controls

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Lichtenstein posted:

Very good. The game wanted to spook you showing most servers as 3-bar for some reason, but as far as matches themselves went 3-5 bars were all perfectly smooth sailing - and that's on wifi.

The ping to the server means nothing, the matches themselves are peer to peer

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

every time you press the auto combo button, the LGBTQ+ mind virus meter fills up by 5%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Vermain posted:

every time you press the auto combo button, the LGBTQ+ mind virus meter fills up by 5%

what happens when it gets to 100%? :ohdear: