Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Orv posted:

There have been some astonishingly silly generalizations about PvP and PvE players from the other side over the years but points for getting way out in front I guess.

Why aren't we playing together Orv?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Shockeh posted:

Why aren't we playing together Orv?

I’m not playing at the moment or for the foreseeable future. Got tired of the seasonal regrind and tired of the Bungie cycle of “Make mistake, fix six months later, make similar but slightly different mistake, repeat forever.”

Still pretty much my favorite shooter of all time but the MMO elements weigh it down - as they currently are - more than help it in the end.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

RBX posted:

*looks in the mirror*

You WILL finally clean your vault this week so that you can actually play again!

Ugh, yeah, I cleared out like 150 slots at the start of last season and im full again.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Smdh at all you vault hoarding folks. I clean a prim and proper vault, as it should be!

Also I like PvP, it's a fun way to change it up from PvE stuff. I hang out in SBMM modes tho, which is almost all of them. Trials and now Supremacy are for the sweats, so just don't play them if you don't wanna deal with that poo poo.

I have personal issues with the structure of Trials specifically but it's honestly pedantic and no one wants to hear that poo poo lol

Immortal got a huge nerf which was funny, and they specifically waited til after its showcase season of course.

Anyway, I think this season is looking really good, just hoping it doesn't repeat the Amanda sacrifice storyline, and also doesn't kind of peter out like Plunder did. But enjoying the heck out of it so far.

PS: Mask of Bakris got that 25% non stacking buff right? What they didn't tell anyone was it now applies to Arc *and* Stasis. Which is a bigger deal because it's now +25% for all three slots on demand.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
is:wishlistdupe has been my best friend but also I have a lot of dupes that are apparently not community approved that I need to sift through and actually skim what perks do what before forgetting immediately.

Go ahead, ask me what any of the perks do. I have no loving idea.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The Immortal proves that they make new stuff overpowered on purpose. They drat well knew that smgs with lots of range are super strong, considering everything that they did with Shayura's.

I will also say that I think Destiny pvp is at its best when there's lots of crazy poo poo flying everywhere, and that the whole lane peaking headshot e-sports stuff gets rather tedious.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dive! Bring a snork!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1661924683317653505

UNEXPECTED EXPLOSIONS!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Hold please.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Salvation's Grasp is kinda awesome.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/justaddwatter/status/1661841177597845544?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

oh my god lol

HIVE! BRING A FISH!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
RE SBMM vs CBMM.

SBMM is fine with dedicated servers and a “only allow a players with a max latency of ${x}” option.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i love sbmm vs cbmm chat because i read them phonetically instead of as acronyms and what it sounds like in my head is a bunch of nerds arguing with a mouth full of crackers

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Supar Bario Mothers Matching.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Banshee has Sailspy Pitchglass for sale which is a TOP top SSS-tier weapon for this season and in general.

If anyone missed out on it from Plunder Season last year, this is absolutely worth investing your Redframe Makers in

It's an arc precision linear, and it's an exceptionally good weapon for Legend+ content. Compulsive Reloader (yes, really!) and Voltshot go together like chocolate and peanut butter to let you annihilate hordes of red and yellow bars with great burst damage potential on Champions and Bosses as well.

Charge Time won't affect the Jolt damage so don't bother with Liquid or Accelerate Coils, and definitely skip anything that increases Magazine Size since our goal is to reload after each shot

My perfect one would probably be like...

Any MW other than Charge Time
Any Barrel you want, to complement your Masterwork
Particle or Projection depending on your Barrel & MW Choices

Compulsive Reloader
Voltshot

compulsive jolt is definitely the roll but it's also a turbo niche weapon... and doubly so because jolt is broken right now and not scaling to the weapon damage so you may as well jolt them with a auto rifle and you'd do just as much.
That'll be fixed soon though... Right?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kesper North posted:

oh my god lol

HIVE! BRING A FISH!

FISH! BRING A POLE.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
After long reflection I have decided that while I nominally care nothing for extraction shooters per se, because Marathon is involved I will now care. Even if it takes 3-5 more years.

I just want a whole lot of Durandal.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The armor mod that collects orbs when you class ability works on gambit motes. Lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PathAsc posted:

FISH! BRING A POLE.

Could you eat a fish?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
FYI Gyrfalcon's hunter is stupid good this season. The exotic gives all void weapons volatile while leaving invisibility. Run any void weapon with the 2 void seasonal perks and you essentially create void breaches on cooldown while you kill things with a void weapon which refresh your dodge and gives overshield. It's like repulsor brace on any void gun and 24/7 uptime on overshields as long as you're killing stuff. You don't need actual repulsor and can take a damage buff or use anything your heart desires. The constant volatile feels alot like last season tbh.

Cessation is the hook into void breaches. I like rolling undermining, starvation and obscurity but honestly you can lean into like whatever you want as long as you have Cessation to generate the void breaches. You can finish things to apply more volatile which is fun in and of itself. I don't know that you need devour in low-mid game content but I like it as an insurance policy. Probably better fragments or whatever to run but meh

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
There is no way Salvations Grip is going stay as crazy as this. I am using it on hunter and one shot shatter dive just melts groups of enemies. Stronger enemies is one shot then shoot then with an uncharged shots for like 100k damage pre-crystal shattering damage.

Holy poo poo this is so much fun. Shame heavy grenade launchers kind of have lovely ammo economy.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 26, 2023

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1662111529523638272?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Mesadoram posted:

There is no way Salvations Grip is going stay as crazy as this. I am using it on hunter and one shot shatter dive just melts groups of enemies. Stronger enemies is one shot then shoot then with an uncharged shots for like 100k damage pre-crystal shattering damage.

Holy poo poo this is so much fun. Shame heavy grenade launchers kind of have lovely ammo economy.

Elemental reserve mods are pretty...um...substantial..yes thats the word. I can carry 50+ rounds for Xenophage now

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Didn’t Bungie clarify in a tweet about how reserves only work with certain weapon types?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Majere posted:

Elemental reserve mods are pretty...um...substantial..yes thats the word. I can carry 50+ rounds for Xenophage now

I will need to test that later :hmmyes:.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

syntaxfunction posted:

Radiant Dance Machines buff is very fun. Game breaking? Nah. Meta? Nah. Not even close to release level of bonkers. But on activation you get six seconds to dodge. Any kill at all resets the timer to 10 seconds tho.

It's still super niche, it doesn't activate aspects like the slowdodge, but it can be some silly fun now.

Probably the most effective way I've found to use it is to use either Arc or Stasis. Gambler's dodge, of course. Heavy Handed for orbs, two Impact Induction mods for 25% grenade energy every seven seconds for melee damage, and Innervation for grenade energy on orbs.

Pretty much does what you figure. Dodge around like an idiot, getting those melee charges, either punch, frisbee, shoot, whatever and keep it going. Lots of orbs, lots of traces, gently caress LOADS of shards. All the while the constant orbs are recharging your grenades along with your melee.

Shards provide overshield and heal, with mods like Better Already or Recuperation helping too. Arc has a buttload of resist fragments for close range and being amped and stuff.

It is very silly, and lots of fun, definitely an improvement, but I doubt it'll be shifting any metas or preferences.

This stand build popped up in my feed and is pretty fun

https://youtu.be/ZFVfjhb3v1k

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The video covers it but RDM does NOT work with the new aspect that creates an exploding strand copy of you when you dodge. You’re better off using Sixth Coyote with strand, I think.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
:siren: Xur is in the Tower selling Arbalest this weekend. If you’re new enough not to have it, make sure you grab it—it’s practically required for any endgame content with barrier champs.

His Armamentarium roll is worth grabbing too! 66 total with a recov spike.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Isn't there a quest in the Cosmodrome that gives you arbalest for free now?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Truspeaker posted:

Isn't there a quest in the Cosmodrome that gives you arbalest for free now?

I thought that one required Lightfall but who the hell knows these days

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can get Tractor Cannon for almost free (walk ten feet and open a chest) arbalest is slightly more work but it’s a guaranteed drop

It’s insanely powerful in all endgame content, it does huge damage to shields of any kind

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 26, 2023

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

the final (?) dungeon encounter’s arena being Oryx’s underwater corpse is so cool

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

The Lucky Pants that Xur has on offer is pretty good as well. It stacks with the buffs Malf got and you can do more damage than most heavies with it in a single burst.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
It looks like all the hunter armour has good to great rolls but the Titans and Warlocks armour all have an excess of mobility.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
hunter exotic arms is CRAB CLAW :crab:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dungeon fun and cool.

I am not sure it'll be particularly fun to run 5, 10 etc times (walking underwater gonna get OLD) but it was my favorite "first run" of a dungeon yet

Lame that "Well Warlock with a Divinity" is by far the best thing to bring to the dungeon though. Either we're missing mechanics or the bosses have A B S U R D health pools that depend on a strong player buff & enemy debuff

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

There are alot of people playing D1 right now because of the sale. I'm suprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Esoterickk took an hour to solo the last dungeon boss, saying it "feels like a meme" and he "must be missing a mechanic for it to take this long"