Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Why the gently caress is all that space there? Are you supposed to take a nap under the window?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I have zero idea of what's going on in this particular thread, but whatever it is, he just can't get enough of it.

:yeeclaw:

Nice that he was able to outsource the Twitter Files so he can engage in his favorite activity: posting dumb replies.

smellmycheese posted:

Cybertruck interior looking well worth the price tag lol

I'm pretty sure you could bang on that dashboard

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

DemonTrigger posted:

Nice that he was able to outsource the Twitter Files so he can engage in his favorite activity: posting dumb replies.

They're going to let their kids play up there.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Robviously posted:

Why the gently caress is all that space there? Are you supposed to take a nap under the window?

Americans love unfathomably huge boxy cars for some reason.
This whole thing looks like what an early nineties videogame would consider a car. Low polygons and all. It probably runs at less than 60 fps and has screen tearing somehow.

I honestly don't know why anyone would genuinely like this design, other than ridiculous Elom fanning.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 25, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Robviously posted:

truck bad

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

:same:, I think about it all of the time. Perfectly summarizes the insanity and goofiness of the people and culture there

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Robviously posted:

Lol I was just looking at that thinking "is that a nap cubby in the front of the truck?"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Yes. All the gauges are on the screen. Even better, the cameras you're meant to use instead of the wing mirrors are on there too. So you look right to look left, which is perfectly natural and not a t all counter intuitive.

lol

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Robviously posted:

Funco pop display case, duh

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

*wastes time, at all, mouthpiecing in any direction*

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/fineout/status/1661862300121288705?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Lol. Came here to post this.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

weird wonder why theyd need that

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

🤣

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Whistleblower Drops 100 Gigabytes Of Tesla Secrets To German News Site: Report
The files contain over 1,000 accident reports involving phantom braking or unintended acceleration--mostly in the U.S. and Germany.

Wonder what dumbass thing he’s going to do on Twitter to distract everyone from this or maybe his Spaces disaster last night was it…?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol people are going to die on a spacex rocket in the very near future can't wait to sign up

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

The Tesla Files (1/x)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Comedy Murder is legal on in Twitter Florida

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Check out the menu at the Whistle Stop Grill & Bar in Safety Harbor, FL. Their whistleblowing specials are to DIE for!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

concerning

https://twitter.com/neuralink/status/1661857379460468736

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

cant cook creole bream posted:

This whole thing looks like what an early nineties videogame would consider a car.

Early nineties videogames would respectfully disagree. This poo poo would've been rejected for Big Red Racing.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol people are going to die in a neuralink clinical study in the very near future can't wait to sign up

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

nine-gear crow posted:

Comedy Murder is legal on in Twitter Florida
It makes no sense since anyone sitting on a SpaceX rocket, like all of two people (maybe?) in the next year, wouldn't be signing a million legally binding waivers anyway. An extraordinarily risky activity undertaken for the actual adventure is one where you can gleefully shift the liability all the live long day.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Is the thread title a Grimes joke? Wouldn't "divorced from REALiTi" be doubly accurate?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

kazil posted:

lol people are going to die in a neuralink clinical study in the very near future can't wait to sign up

didn't they kill like 90% of the monkeys they were implanting these things into? did something change recently with that or did elon just decide since he's immune to consequences he might as well go for it?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

More than half the people who replied to this either didn't read the entire tweet or didn't get the joke.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

sticksy posted:

Wonder what dumbass thing he’s going to do on Twitter to distract everyone from this or maybe his Spaces disaster last night was it…?

i think youre giving him way too much credit

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

confused posted:

As things go, I'm indifferent to this guy. I haven't really looked into what else he's up to, but I don't care about this. Like, it's a weird way to live your life and spend your money, but, with the exception of his son donating blood to him, he doesn't seem to be hurting anyone.

gently caress off idiot

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

thankfully everyone signing up for the neuralink trials will be some freak elon simp so when they claw their eyes out nothing of value will be lost

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I really miss my eyes and the constant ringing in my head and the voice that just keeps repeating "MORE CHAIRS MORE CHAIRS MORE CHAIRS" is a lot for my emotional peace but otherwise I love my neuralink

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

kazil posted:

yeah but think of the data they will get

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

If he tests it on death row inmates this is the worst human rights violation in living memory and an outrage to the dignity of human life but if it's a blue check perk, then I'm fine with it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

So how many seconds after launch is a rocket still in Florida?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

elon will totally get a microchip in his brain because, let's face it, things can only get better for him

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the experience of getting a neuralink implanted in your brain is probably like stephen king's " jaunting " but on purpose. i hope it is actually i have no sympathy for anyone who signs up for elon musk brain tech

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

thathonkey posted:

the experience of getting a neuralink implanted in your brain is probably like stephen king's " jaunting " but on purpose. i hope it is actually i have no sympathy for anyone who signs up for elon musk brain tech

i think jaunting is a reference by King to Alfred Bester (his novel The Stars My Destination)

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Concerning...

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

elon will totally get a microchip in his brain because, let's face it, things can only get better for him

lol no elon is a huge coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Vintersorg posted:

You can't even see the front of the truck? This is gonna ram into so many kids (as designed).

raifield posted:

It's also incredibly far away. If you're sitting completely upright, you can probably reach just past your knee. This doesn't look like the driver can reach the tablet control panel at all.

not to defend the design of the cryboertruck, but in the interest of people making GBS threads on the right things,: that pic is taken with a wide angle lens pointed down at the wheel and dash, it looks like the front would be visible in person and the stuff isn't nearly as far away as it looks - the touchscreen is about as fer forward as the driver's knee, if you can reach your knee you'd be able to reach it

Scorchy posted:

Like, eyes don't come out of your stomach - why is the screen aimed so low, this is bare basic stuff
so it doesn't blind you, lmfao

DemonTrigger posted:

having big flat surfaces like that in the passenger compartment is terrible for safety because people like to leave stuff like golfclubs or boxes of tools on them and then they get into a wreck and die, it increases the chance of death and injury a loot

check out any modern consumer car and try finding a large flat, level surface that you could fit like, a billy bass or a large hardback book on inside the passenger compartment - you most likely won't, because manufacturers don't like to be associated with mangling or maiming feature and design profiles in their consumer fleets + that's usually where some airbags go, lol

also since it's got a stressed-skin exoskeleton chassis, the cybertruck has essential zero crumplezone - this is great for things like racecars, or construction machinery, not so great for road vehicles without any airbags, where people aren't wearing 5-point harnesses or HANS devices but are still going fast enough for the weight of their head to tear their brain stem free from their spine in a collision

aswell as the 'getting trapped in a solid steel coffin after a rollover because emergency workers don't have the equipment to saw through the 450lb door that's got you pinned you against the flat wall of smoldering dashboard pleather rapidly being hotboxed by your battery, suffocating and immolating you at the same time' stuff

if it ever drops, this vehicle will kill its own occupants like nothing since Ralph Nader ended the corvair monza by writing Unsafe at Any Speed

it'll also loving obliterate peds & other vehicles and be ungodly dangerous to people in them in any manner of collision, think how car wrecks looked in the 80s - heads bashed open by bumpers, jaws of life to get bodies pinched between sections of bent frame which im guessing will be a selling point