Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ever have a job interview where they're so obviously eager to hire you that you immediately start wondering how bad the job is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

ever have a job interview where they're so obviously eager to hire you that you immediately start wondering how bad the job is

Not exactly eager, but when interviewing for my previous job I had a VP say "why the hell did you move cross-country just to apply here?" because we had just moved (for my wife's job) and I still had our old address on my resume. Job was not worthy of a cuss word, just really mediocre. That VP was really obnoxious to work with too.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Air Skwirl posted:

I remember when I first learned credit reports aren't actually a thing that exists in the rest of the world. Like, Canada and all of Europe have their entire economic systems that look very similar to ours, but no one has a credit score stored by some weird third party that affects your ability to buy a car or rent an apartment.

This and how recently credit scores started being a thing in the US

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I actually did in my current job. Though I fully knew the reason why, the job paid really low for what it was asking for... but I also knew it was really easy and never required extra work.

Though nothing really matches the sheer desperation companies had in the dot com days. I was in college and got multiple summer coding jobs by being able to fog up glass.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Air Skwirl posted:

I remember when I first learned credit reports aren't actually a thing that exists in the rest of the world. Like, Canada and all of Europe have their entire economic systems that look very similar to ours, but no one has a credit score stored by some weird third party that affects your ability to buy a car or rent an apartment.

Although I do kinda wonder why your friend has such a low score, mine is like 730 and I've defaulted on credit cards (I was 19 and Visa thought it was a good investment to give a 19 year old without a job a card with $20,000 limit).

I don't know how old you are but that falls off your credit after seven years maximum

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There were a few people I went to high school with who turned 18 before graduating, and already had a fair amount of credit card debt.

One of them was already well known because they got a new car at 16, only to drive it into their house because they mixed up the gas and brake

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also 730 is a great score and you can get a conforming mortgage no problem. The top tier starts at 720

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Maybe I'm misremembering my credit score then. I only checked it once when I had to buy a car and ended up getting my dad to cosign the loan because I couldn't get a loan otherwise.

I also have roughly 14k in student debt I've never made a payment on.

Edit: oh also, the credit report thing is just a scam landlords run, they charge more than getting a credit report actually costs, pocket the difference and deny everyone. If they even run the credit report. Think about it, you have a studio you could rent for (this is LA right?) $1200 to $2000 bucks a month and actually be responsible for like maintenance and poo poo or you could charge 200 people $30 for a credit check and not give the apartment to any of them and then do it again next month. Meanwhile the apartment stays pristine because no one moved in.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 25, 2023

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Bird in a Blender posted:

I guess it depends on whether you consider most republicans voters sane or not because they're the ones who are putting us in this position.

I realized the implication after I wrote the sentence and it's not wrong.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

The outdoor oasis is coming along nicely. They just put up the roof today.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Braksgirl posted:

Fantastic!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

It’s so crazy how fast they are. When I left for work, no roof. Come home from work, yes roof. They still have to run the electrical for my fairy lights and possibly a fan but it’s coming together. Now to pick out a rug Rinaldo hates.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

shirts and skins posted:

I read a book about Katrina called The Great Deluge that described a major hurricane as sounding like an enormous version of a dentist's air hose - a deafening, roaring, sucking sound outside all the time, with occasional rumbles as a gust comes through. It sounds utterly miserable.

The worst part is how loving long it takes. Loud shrieking and shaking, and after an hour or two you're just so goddamned over it, but it doesn't stop

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Braksgirl posted:

. Now to pick out a rug Rinaldo hates.
Saving the easiest part for last

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

GD_American posted:

The worst part is how loving long it takes. Loud shrieking and shaking, and after an hour or two you're just so goddamned over it, but it doesn't stop

I rode out Wilma with my dad who at the time was on IV antibiotics, but home health couldn't guarantee someone would come out after, so I was there to make sure everything was good. About half an hour into the storm, the front door broke. It was still on hinges and could close, but not latch or lock. So I spent the entire storm leaned against it and slamming it back shut with every gust of wind. That was lovely.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

I rode out Wilma with my dad who at the time was on IV antibiotics, but home health couldn't guarantee someone would come out after, so I was there to make sure everything was good. About half an hour into the storm, the front door broke. It was still on hinges and could close, but not latch or lock. So I spent the entire storm leaned against it and slamming it back shut with every gust of wind. That was lovely.

Wilma blew our front doors completely in (It was an older house so the doors still opened inward). We used a mattress and a love seat to jam them closed.

We had a screened in patio with a metal roof that completely blew away. We found some pieces of it but most of ended up who knows where.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Might need to buy a washer and dryer if we go with the one house we saw tonight. Is there a thread for that?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Met John Cena/Stone Cold 64 the goon (he had a free Larry/free Synthy poster, that’s how I knew he was a goon at first). I knew him from when we played forums Survivor but it was nice to meet him in person.

We need to pivot Botchamania from bad video game signs to signs referencing forums drama.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah we'd get day or two long Big Blows in the PNW, basically subtropical cyclones that hit in the fall, and a bad one can hit with consistent tropical storm force winds all day. My apartment in my windy-rear end college town would shake all night from those things. I can't even imagine what a full-blown hurricane is like in comparison. It must feel like the world ending for a full day.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

swickles posted:

Might need to buy a washer and dryer if we go with the one house we saw tonight. Is there a thread for that?

Electrolux front-loader duo has done us fantastic for a decade with nary a problem.

The best scratch and dent aisle find I ever had at Lowe's. Marked half-off, went to ask what was wrong with them, guy said they were demos of last year's models and they had put the new ones in. Asked him what had changed and he said "they moved the buttons".

Slapped the credit card down right there and had to rent a truck to get them home.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

swickles posted:

LG Easyloads. Do not get Samsung under any circumstances.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

No Butt Stuff posted:

LG Easyloads. Do not get Samsung under any circumstances.

We have the LG Easyloads as well and love them

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

GD_American posted:

Electrolux front-loader duo has done us fantastic for a decade with nary a problem.

The best scratch and dent aisle find I ever had at Lowe's. Marked half-off, went to ask what was wrong with them, guy said they were demos of last year's models and they had put the new ones in. Asked him what had changed and he said "they moved the buttons".

Slapped the credit card down right there and had to rent a truck to get them home.

We have Electrolux too and they're excellent. Actually on our second pair because when we sold the house the people demanded to keep them so they paid for a new pair for us.

I won a pair of Samsung front loaders and they're fine but the Electrolux are better.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I want to reiterate. Do not buy Samsung.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
What's a good, not lovely bean bag chair

Doesn't necessarily need to be sized for an adult since it's my son who wants it but wouldn't hurt :buddy:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Intruder posted:

Doesn't necessarily need to be sized for an adult since it's my son who wants it but wouldn't hurt :buddy:

My kids have moon pods that they seem to enjoy.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Speed Queens are the washers and dryers you want.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

Speed Queen my dude. We love our dryer. If the LG washer breaks I’m not even thinking of getting anything else than a Speed Queen washer.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

You can literally have ours next time we go to Houston or if you make a drive out here. It’s the one from Costco and Braks would be happy if you did.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

Dope as hell

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

You can literally have ours next time we go to Houston or if you make a drive out here. It’s the one from Costco and Braks would be happy if you did.

I wil literally white glove deliver it to your house. Just please take it.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

kiimo posted:

I should have read the rest of the thread before buying three new ones. Also the "fit the casing" comment. lol

I got three of these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09P52JX2R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

And these are what I had

https://www.amazon.com/Kidde-Detect...26&sr=8-27&th=1

I guess they're 11 dollars if it's too difficult I'll just eat the cost and replace them with the same kind

Don't order smoke alarms from Amazon. With all the counterfeit item issues they have, you are putting yourself and your family at risk. Spend the extra dollars and get them from a box store or from the manufacturer (if they sell directly).

Even though you are a Chiefs fan, I don't want your house to burn down.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

No Butt Stuff posted:

I want to reiterate. Do not buy Samsung.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Silly Burrito posted:

Braksgirl posted:

Well hell I'll take ya'll up on that offer

But what if you end up taking TWO back home with you?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Silly Burrito posted:

Braksgirl posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with your bean bag chair that you're this desperate to get rid of it? Is it haunted?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Air Skwirl posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with your bean bag chair that you're this desperate to get rid of it? Is it haunted?

It doesn’t match the rug

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Oh cool, a bunch of college kids looking for beer money are going to either die or turn into serial killers.

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1661861871455211520?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
As a parent bean bag chairs suck rear end. My kids love them but god drat I can't wait for them to be gone.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Air Skwirl posted:

No, it's just gigantic and no one uses it and it's taking up space and I don't want it. At this point, it's a $700 cat bed.

No Butt Stuff posted:

It doesn’t match the rug

Actually it does. That and the rug are the only two things that actually do match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Air Skwirl posted:

Nothing. It’s a Lovesac from Costco, and it’s just too big and it doesn’t get used by anyone but the cat.

I mean, I guess it does have cat hair on it but it’s washable. We could try to sell it I guess but I’d rather give it to a goon who could use it.