Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ruddiger posted:

What the heck did they recast Billy Crudup with Ron Livingston?

Barry's dad watches his wife die and rubs his nose and smiles a bit. Then he sleeps in the entire next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY_WCvxJNKU

Something about CG in this movie looks very off.

The opening shot of this trailer is very clearly a still image of a hand with a CG ring animation comped over it at a different resolution and with different lighting, which is several bizarre choices compounding on each other. Also, yeah, there are a bunch of questionable elements. Some of the explosions look very PS3, all of the cape fabric looks noticeably bad when animated, and the Big Fight In An Empty Field looks like mobile game ad gobbledygook.

Other thoughts:

Sometimes Flash seems to have a badly comped CG mask and sometimes he has a physical helmet? Kinda jarring?

Opening on a bunch of young girls being obsessive fans confessing their love to Barry is, in a vacuum, pretty anodyne, but when considering the drama around Ezra's pattern of grooming, it came off to me as... in poor taste. Honestly a little surprised it made it into the movie in that form.

Barry standing in front of his mom in super-speed-slow-mo and having tears roll down his face is very funny to me, because it means his tear ducts are excreting tears at very nearly light speed, but they are still rolling downward at what would be expected for regular-time gravity's normal pull speed instead of, idk, gleeking straight out like a high pressure water saw or just floating like they were in zero g.

Kara looks cool at least?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SlimGoodbody posted:

and the Big Fight In An Empty Field looks like mobile game ad gobbledygook.
That is the most glaring one to me. Like if you are going to not have CGI that looks good, maybe obscure it by making the background darker or something?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This still covers it https://twitter.com/TheOmegaVirus/status/1651019543828111361

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The fights are all very video gamey. Batman looks like something from one of the Arkham games. Supergirl and Flash have a few good moments, but that’s about it.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So you’re saying this isn’t one of the best movies made that will bring about a new theatrical renaissance, and that Stephen King and Tom Cruise lied?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The 3rd photo will haunt my dreams

https://twitter.com/taurooaldebaran/status/1660797822935891975?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Smooth Barry isn’t real, he can’t hurt you

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Elizabeth Olsen finally addresses the rumors that Adam Driver is playing Mr. Fantastic:

"What? How? But why did John Krasinski do it in Multiverse? That's insane."

(After the host explains multiverses to her and says they didn't cast and then fire John Krasinski, she says she gets it.)

But, she apparently thought John was already cast and they fired him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhDmHzPw5lw

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Certainly, an MCU actor would never lie about an upcoming project

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It makes sense that she'd think that. Usually, when people show up in the middle of an MCU movie as a famous character, they continue playing that character.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Elizabeth Olsen finally addresses the rumors that Adam Driver is playing Mr. Fantastic:

(After the host explains multiverses to her and says they didn't cast and then fire John Krasinski, she says she gets it.)

I love whenever people interview Olsen or Paltrow about MCU stuff, because they will always sound like a suburban mom who is only kind of familiar with comic book movies despite starring in a dozen of them. Contrast with Iman Vellani, who is probably not allowed in a room with Kevin Feige lest she lock the door and grill him about incorrect multiverse numeration.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think sometimes these actors are just having fun but I also think yeah some of them just ain’t that serious about it. It’s a job. Maybe they like it, maybe they don’t, but they’re not obsessing over it like fans. They move on to other jobs and life.

And like it does sort of makes sense to think Krasinski’s casting was more than a one off considering everyone else was. Even Black Bolt.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

SlimGoodbody posted:

I love whenever people interview Olsen or Paltrow about MCU stuff, because they will always sound like a suburban mom who is only kind of familiar with comic book movies despite starring in a dozen of them. Contrast with Iman Vellani, who is probably not allowed in a room with Kevin Feige lest she lock the door and grill him about incorrect multiverse numeration.

Just saw a trailer for the new Spiderverse where Miguel talks about Dr Strange and that brat from Earth-199999 or however many 9s it is so that clears that up!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Earth-Illuminati named the MCU 616, that doesn't make them right.

Problem solved forever.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Earth-Illuminati named the MCU 616, that doesn't make them right.

Problem solved forever.

Secret Wars is just Illuminati-Mordo and RDJ Stark enforcing their universe designations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Everyone thinks their universe is 1. You need Owen Wilson running a government agency to sort it out or a bunch of interdimensional wizards from England or whatever goes on with Captain Britain.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or the Mongooses. That's a good team name.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 25, 2023

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Gwen Paltrow saying she was never in a Spidersmen movie despite being in the last 2 minutes if Homecoming.

gently caress man they probably dont even know who's un the scene since they CGi all that poo poo in later.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it’s obvious a lot of the cameos and post credit stuff is done separate and maybe even when they’re filming something else. Paltrow isn’t even ever on screen with Peter in Homecoming. She comes in after he leaves. She just filming another scene with Tony.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
yeah they definitely just knock those out in one take while they're on set filming other poo poo they're actually working on and just put em in the tank for later

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Cael posted:

Smooth Barry isn’t real, he can’t hurt you

No you don't understand! I traveled back in time to see Nirvana in concert and it messed everything up. SMOOTH BARRY IS REAL!

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

This is like the 3rd time she's pointed out how her character basically goes through the same arc between the TV show and the movie and she gives the advice to only sign up for 1 project so that if they want you for something else you have creative control

She really did not like what they did with her in MoM lol

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She did sign up to play mutant Hitler.

…Okay the other mutant Hitler. No, his daughter.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

koolkal posted:

This is like the 3rd time she's pointed out how her character basically goes through the same arc between the TV show and the movie and she gives the advice to only sign up for 1 project so that if they want you for something else you have creative control

But she was reading from the Darkhold!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Wanda is really only missing one scene in her arc, but it's a really important scene. It's like if Spider-man 2 didn't have the scene of Doctor Octopus talking to his arms.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Olsen is loving stupid if she sees what they did with Rhodey and thinks "oh, actos have so much leverage!"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
What was that one Onion-like site (or maybe it was The Onion) where they had an article on Marvel news that said "John Krasinski was cast as Mr Fantastic due to fan demand. After seeing him in action, John Krasinski will be replaced as Mr Fantastic due to fan demand."

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

koolkal posted:

I loving despise MoM with the fury of a thousand exploding suns, but Elizabeth Olsen is perfect and did nothing wrong. Not your fault, bb.

The Mr. Fantastic cameo being so poo poo wasn't even the worst part of it, but I'm going to struggle to care more about the canon version of Mr. Fantastic just because of it existing because are they all supposed to be this dumb? That role being the Tom Cruise Iron Man getting murked because Tony Stark being a smug motherfucker *is* canon would have been so much more perfect. Especially when he would first be on screen with the helmet on, and everyone is going off thinking it's an RDJ cameo, then the helmet flips up (not off, because gently caress those masks) and it's The Cruiser. Audiences would have flipped their poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She’s a nepo baby and therefore scum, sorry.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Parkingtigers posted:

That role being the Tom Cruise Iron Man getting murked because Tony Stark being a smug motherfucker *is* canon would have been so much more perfect. Especially when he would first be on screen with the helmet on, and everyone is going off thinking it's an RDJ cameo, then the helmet flips up (not off, because gently caress those masks) and it's The Cruiser. Audiences would have flipped their poo poo.

wut

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Four foot five Iron Man suit aggressively jogging in place... I think that's RDJ in there!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Bit of a derail, but do we have a thread for the writers strike? I looked in D&D and CD and nothing stood out to me.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Soonmot posted:

Bit of a derail, but do we have a thread for the writers strike? I looked in D&D and CD and nothing stood out to me.

I don't think there is one specific to the strike in any of those sub-forums. There's a current event thread and organized labor thread in D&D and you could probably discuss it in the BSS chat thread.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Soonmot posted:

There's a TVIV thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4031066&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MoM is great because of the blatant disregard for the rest of the MCU and the snap zooms

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MoM rules because it's a break. Nothing else in the entire franchise is nearly as mean as that movie and it's really refreshing.

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

Aphrodite posted:

She’s a nepo baby and therefore scum, sorry.

Tagging Elizabeth Olsen as a nepo baby because her slightly older sisters are successful child actresses turned real estate/business moguls is kind of a stretch. I dunno, maybe. Her film debut is excellent, better than anything the Olsen twins are associated with, and she did some cool indie stuff before getting pulled into the Marvel machine so I give her a pass.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I'd give her a pass just for agreeing to work in a Godzilla movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rental Sting posted:

Tagging Elizabeth Olsen as a nepo baby because her slightly older sisters are successful child actresses turned real estate/business moguls is kind of a stretch. I dunno, maybe. Her film debut is excellent, better than anything the Olsen twins are associated with, and she did some cool indie stuff before getting pulled into the Marvel machine so I give her a pass.

I mean, it was a joke