Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Why are all Skellys black people the color of Ganondorf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Hihohe posted:

Why are all Skellys black people the color of Ganondorf?

A lot of it is probably due to color matching for the very quick 4-color processing newspapers do.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah we examined this in the Curious Case of Ted Rall & the Peculiar Purple People, and he was in fact not drawing his black people (poorly) with purple skin, but whatever color format other host sites were using changed. I think it ended with people saying “why doesn’t Rall just change his format?” And Rall’s response being “I don’t wanna.”

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Neito posted:

Goddamn

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vib Rib posted:

God these comics where white artists draw black people saying "um actually I don't think racism is a big deal at all, actually" are getting more prevalent by the loving day.

There's also the thinly-veiled (if at all) coding that the only black people who say racism is still a thing are lazy thugs and welfare queens expecting a handout, whereas the Respectable Black People know that racism is over and if you'd just obey the cops you'd have nothing to fear.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Pants Donkey posted:

Yeah we examined this in the Curious Case of Ted Rall & the Peculiar Purple People, and he was in fact not drawing his black people (poorly) with purple skin, but whatever color format other host sites were using changed. I think it ended with people saying “why doesn’t Rall just change his format?” And Rall’s response being “I don’t wanna.”
then he drew obama as a yellow smiley face for all of two comics before dropping it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies nomination: worst obituary

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rebel Liberals who are for the Voice: Julian Leeser, Bridget Archer and Simon Birmingham. Since Birmingham is in the Shadow Cabinet he can't go against Dutton without leaving his position. Also the Nutbush.

Rowe:

Power bills to jump as much as 25pc (again) (AFR).

Letch:

Technically an illustration rather than a cartoon.

Leak, Son of Leak:

ABC Ombudsman finds coverage of King Charles III's coronation did not breach impartiality standards (ABC). The ABC received complaints when the prefaced the coronation with a panel discussion the future of the monarchy including republicans such as their veteran Indigenous reporter Stan Grant, who then received so much abuse that he quit as host of his show Q&A.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/KartoonistKelly/status/1661839000540160000?t=wNLPfT8AL8t2hvMbl1O_Sw&s=19

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Oh no! Not QUIET RACE CARS!

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Oh no, wouldn't want any innovation in the "Formula One only slower and on more boring courses" race.

I mean I know it's just Payne being old and regressive. But I can't imagine being into racing in general and not absolutely flipping your poo poo over watching, say, the VW IDR loving killing it at Nürburgring versus watching a bog-standard IndyCar turn left 800 times in a row.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

SubG posted:

Oh no, wouldn't want any innovation in the "Formula One only slower and on more boring courses" race.

I mean I know it's just Payne being old and regressive. But I can't imagine being into racing in general and not absolutely flipping your poo poo over watching, say, the VW IDR loving killing it at Nürburgring versus watching a bog-standard IndyCar turn left 800 times in a row.

DIFFERENT THINGS ARE SCARY!!!!!!!!!! like black people

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

SubG posted:

Also we already have electric race cars and they work just fine. They don’t go vroom vroom though, so obviously they are bad.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Marty Two Bulls

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Pedro X. Molina

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Mike Peters

Dave Whamond

Bill Bramhall

Drew Sheneman

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Just lmfao that Hitch shows a desperate family that needs government help to keep from starving, and then cuts to a panel where he is clearly trying to make the point that government funding should be cut

Just absolutely making it clear how little he understands what he’s talking about or the point he’s making

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
If only the government switched to generic cheese they could really cut down the deficit

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

Marshall Ramsey

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Name the Kook

Ted Rall posted:

Two parties, two frontrunners, one a president, the other one a former president. Both at the same exact place in primary polls. Both face challengers. But only one gets taken seriously. Could the reason be media spin?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

All the Republicans are kooks, Tod.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on a fall in Great Britain’s energy price cap – Great Britain’s energy price cap has fallen to £2,074 a year, but the average household will still pay almost double the rate for their gas and electricity than before costs started to soar"

Telegraph:

Crackling voices that sounded like a pre-war wireless: DeSantis launch marred by Twitter shambles

Matt:

Independent:

Boris Johnson referred to police over fresh claims he broke lockdown rules; Tina Turner, 83, died of natural causes at home in Switzerland, says report

Times:

Evening Standard:

Chancellor backs interest rate hikes even if they risk UK recession

Stephen Collins:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

gently caress's sake what now

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vib Rib posted:

Target took pride month merchandise off the shelves after chuds started threatening them.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...ers/ar-AA1bByPk

Clearly it's Target's fault for trying to market to non-chuds.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Vib Rib posted:

some people were screaming about groomers again and harassing retail employees/making a huge mess in stores and target's stock is down right now, therefore the libs at target have been owned

Korthal
May 26, 2011

The Islamic Shock posted:

We'll have to exempt drunky duck and Prickly City the same way we do Gorrell for laziest if this is going to be a thing.

Those are syndicated cartoons so they have to be "general" for the two week lead time.

Neito posted:

Oh my loving god, he actually through the effort to remove the presidential seal from inside the plane #notmypresident

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Also the Target thing was an organized harassment campaign started by Matt Walsh who is trying to pass it off as just a boycott.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

A mix of yesterday's and today's comics.

China Daily

US' debt ceiling remains stalemated by Jin Ding

Le Monde

by Chappatte
"You're will positioned to take the Elysée, or at least the town hall of Saint-Brevins-Les-Pins!"
The town had a rash of racist graffiti it recently.

Le racisme entache à nouveau le football européen/Once more racism stains European soccer by Ramsés from Cuba

The bad weed

Thriller
by Micaël
"You don't know if the director had enough money to finish the production up until the final scene... how thrilling!"

Charlie Hebdo

Decivilization
Sign reads: Oil-producer, Ecocide
"Ecologist Rights-killer!"

The following two relate to a report of a mother bear that killed a jogger in northern Italy who had strayed too close to her cubs and the judgement passed on the bear.

"It's time to deconstruct the bear."

Social unrest amongst bears
"Stop trying to humanize us"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

lmao you shouldn't try this poo poo with your goofy-as-gently caress art style, Goodwyn

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

A mix of yesterday's and today's comics.

China Daily

US' debt ceiling remains stalemated by Jin Ding

Pretty sure my reaction to every single one of these Chinese cartoons has been 'That's not it, you stupid bastard'.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Brawnfire posted:

lmao you shouldn't try this poo poo with your goofy-as-gently caress art style, Goodwyn

Why does it look like he's wearing loving AUSCAM?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Western Australia has a gas reservation policy where 15% of LNG is for domestic use so they don't have the electricity price impacts that the rest of Australia has.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Rowe:

Rowe also has an illustration for Kissinger's 100th birthday:

Knight 1:

Knight 2:

Victoria has an infrastructure program called the "Big Build" and the ads involve giant construction workers putting down roads and things.

Davidson:

Moir:

Leunig:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
At least the ducks don't call me a sex toucher.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Warning: The duck and cellist are both sexual predators.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Good...Debt? I'm afraid I don't understand.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
This thread has gotten a lot less lovely since imgur started blocking VPNs.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Trapezium Dave posted:

that's right, the media famously doesn't cover Trump

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Wrex Ruckus posted:

that's right, the media famously doesn't cover Trump

I think it's supposed to be about the media not covering noted anti-vaxxer nutjob Robert F. Kennedy with the same gravitas they cover Robn DeSantis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Ramirez doesn't specify that the third fish represents government default over, say, households defaulting on their mortgages, but since the little fish is "US Taxpayers" and there's currently a crisis over the government debt ceiling, I think "government default" is a fair interpretation of the third fish.

Only someone wealthy enough to not need Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, or other government programs to survive would think that a recession is a bigger concern than a government default.

Also, a government default would very likely cause or help cause a recession, by massively reducing the purchasing power of anyone who receives government money, including all government workers and contractors.