Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1661939670421479425?s=20

not a big fan of this but ig they have to make it so you cant just get everyone in a season by grinding mirror dungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also sparks, you can get a rateup after 200 rolls.

also, no more grinding egoshards off mirror dungeons in general

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

HOLY FUCKBALLS, 75 BP FOR A MD2 HARD RUN????

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Google Jeb Bush posted:

plus Charon, who is female, and vergilius, who is a horse

Don’t forget Dante, who is a clock

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Endorph posted:

Seems you can still grind from BP leveling from the mirror dungeon, you just don’t get boxes on the first few clears per week anymore

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

They moved the shard boxes to the BP rewards so you actually don't lose the any shard boxes (unless the next chapter is delayed again). MD 2 gives way more BP points per try and they didn't change the over-level rewards (apart from pacing I guess), so MD grinding is stronger than ever.

The actual nerf was having tier 4 uptie require shards so it's not trivial anymore to just shard every identity you don't have (and thus pushing players to buy the BP passes).

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Is it normal that I get my rear end kicked in Binah and Hokma realization? In Binah, big Bird kick my rear end because of Darkness, in Hokma's the fight is just too drat long for me and in the Invitation, the Blue Rebervation is awaiting at my doorstep and I don't want to do 5 fights in a row before realizing that I need to restart. Am I the only one?

Those two realizations are way harder than the others and you're gonna need to build for the long run in both. And yes do them before the Blue Reverb Troupe

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Hmm, the new Uptie tiers are coming sooner than I expected; I would have guessed they'd be a Season 3+ thing that rolled out selectively, as the genre-standard Old Content Balance Patch mechanic. Odd choice. Level updates are expected, though.

Moving the weekly Mirror Dungeon shards to the Battle Pass so that they're basically free is fairly generous, especially to latecomers. Of course, given that this means that you get them much sooner in the series, it's also a subtle trick to try and get people to spend those shards earlier so that you're more likely to get desperate and spend for new characters, the way some people doubtlessly got caught by the Sinclair EGO -> Sinclair ID end of season this time. I see Project Moon CAN be taught the tricks of the gacha trade. :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I wonder what it'll improve. Skill effects? Skill numbers? Make passives cheaper/easier to activate/stronger?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

I wonder what it'll improve. Skill effects? Skill numbers? Make passives cheaper/easier to activate/stronger?
If it removes the self-damage from Rip Space, I'll spend all the Don shards I need to get it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

GilliamYaeger posted:

If it removes the self-damage from Rip Space, I'll spend all the Don shards I need to get it.

you do realize that even without damage, the max power of it without the +4 from being at ten or more Charge is 11, right

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrTElq2v8-4

New Chapter 4 video drops in like 2 minutes!!!!!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

you do realize that even without damage, the max power of it without the +4 from being at ten or more Charge is 11, right

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrTElq2v8-4

New Chapter 4 video drops in like 2 minutes!!!!!
The important thing is being able to mindlessly hit autobattle with W Don in the party without her killing herself in the process.

Re: Chapter 4 PV, is it just me or does Yi Sang Sunshower seem to be an all-targeting buff/debuff EGO?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It definitely seems to be the widest-hitting "Mass Attack" we've got so far.

Do you think these new Capote, AEDD and Sunshower EGO will be in the Zayin to He range we've still got, or could we be bumping up to Waw with these?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It looks to me like a "hits all enemies AoE", the umbrellas dropped on the party as a justification for why your sinners don't get hit.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I... can't help but be worried by some of the changes. I can understand charging shards to max out (since I doubt it will be more than 50 shards, maybe 100 tops) but I'm worried about thread costs scaling exponentially since they pretty much quadruple per tier.

And a tiny detail on MD is that they're removing the daily free entry, which is kinda bad when the game goves you 12 modules per day (if you have 120+ energy and convert it o'clock) and 8 are usually spent on dailies. Even players who don't grind MD might end up without modules and need to use boxes/lunacy because it costs 18-21 wooping modules to get weekly rewards.

And finally, and worst of all... did they just loving call the pity currency Yi Sang-

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Heck with it, I'm going to talk a bunch about the steam post to figure out how I feel about it, going point by point down the line.

What a beautiful table of contents. This means nothing to me.

Egoshards getting halved, rounding up. We've known about this for a while.

New battlepass info. We'll be having the ability to pre-stack rewards for after the relevant part of the BP opens up, though we can't actually get our Overcap Nominable Boxes until 6/15, which is... eh. Probably won't come up, we'll see how much exp we get this month.

In Mid-July, we're getting a T4 and U4 for our IDs/EGOs, and it'll give us something to do with our egoshards outside of sparking. It's nice to have something to do with my 400 faust shards, but ultimately how feasable this is depends on the egoshard cost. Knowing PM it'll either be negligible, or entirely too high, and there won't be an in-between. Praying for negligible, given that thread is also required. We're also getting a new level cap at start of season, probably going to eat up a lot of tickets to get that high unless they redo the xp curve somewhat...

So yeah get ready to spend tickets. :lobcorp:

Free thread any time you pull on a banner, or if you pull enough you immediately get a spark that doesn't use Egoshards. Given that Egoshards have more uses now, it makes sense they'd have implemented an actual pity system at some point—neat that it was sooner rather than later. As far as sparks go, 200 pulls is... about average for gacha I've seen, 300 is considered high and any 100 pities are "guaranteed 3*" variety, that don't let you spark.

I was exactly correct about what's getting removed from the extraction, so I'll pat myself on the back for that one. For future seasons, the event ID/EGO will be the highest priority in general just because they won't be randomly extractable, imo.

Reminders of pass EGO being added to the dispenser and also of how removals and additions work. Fair enough.

New mirror dungeon coming on 6/22, one week after story clears, that means we've got 3 weeks of only having the beginner story dungeon available. We get daily free entries until 6/22, then those are also going away—modules are slowly becoming more difficult to stockpile over time without missing something.

Okay, now we're getting into the meat of it. Weekly egoshard boxes from dungeons are gone, now they're on the battle pass, to give everyone ~285 bonus free boxes regardless of limbus pass? That's a lot less work, but it also means fewer bonus boxes in a season if they have to delay again... so it's kind of a nerf, but only if PM gets swamped again. Moving on to the EXP numbers, let's look at those.

MD 1 will go from 20 > 7 into 15>10. Before we could go for free 7 times total a week, getting us 60+28=88 total BPXP, for free. After the change, nobody will run MD1 anymore so its numbers don't matter now, do they?

MD 2's normal mode is a bit better, at 5 enkeph mods to run it gives 45>30 BPXP, actually triple what the first dungeon gives for a little less than double the cost. This translates to ~9 xp/module on bonus and 6/module off bonus But the real gem here is Hard Mode....

Hard mode can only be run 3 times a week. With bonus it's 75 BPXP, and without it's only 50. Costing 6 enkeph modules per run, clearing hard mode on weekly bonus nets 12.5 BPXP per module, which is kind of huge. Running without is kind of a moot point, this number is good enough that the optimal farm strat is to do MD2 hard 3 times on weekly bonus, then MD2 normal for any additional clears for the best overall rates. It looks like Hard Mode is running on spicy bongy rules, where you can't make an ID be higher level than what you actually own.

Relatedly, this means that our Mirror Dungeon XP goes from 88 BPXP (free) to 225 BPXP (18 modules), which is... kind of massive. That's literally a third of a whole season's battle pass, just for being able to do spicy stuff. Learning to hang on that level is going to be important... and 18 modules isn't that many. Additional grinding can also be done midweek at 5:30, giving 9 nom boxes per 5 modules spent if you have paid battle pass once pass is maxed... that's really loving fast.

Looks like they're reworking the ID levelups and whatnot into a more generalized 'cost' system to add flexibility. Seems interesting, but all of these things are systems I'll have to play around with before I can give any real thoughts. Should probably save starter boosts for spicy dungeon runs, imo. I also like the improved quality of life, especially that sin resources will no longer decay between battles. June 22 gonna be a good day for limble crabimble.

...Ah. Looks like Hard Dungeon comes a week later on the 29th. Well, once it's out the meta is 3 hard dungeons forever. Either way, Dungeon 1 basically exists just to Be There now. It's legacy content.

I, DANTE, SHALL HAVE THE SEXIEST BUS PASS IN ALL OF THE CORRIDOR!

They're trying to fix their coding... they might succeed. Either way, we won't know til Chapter 5 in August.

aaaand a seasonal pack I'm not going to buy.

Okay! So I'm officially looking forward to the Mirror Dungeon changes, but I do worry about how many modules players are going to spend... using enkeph boxes to get more or spending a drip of lunacy to top off to convert once a week or so may become some kind of weird optimal play strategy. Who knows, we'll see. The new Spark Pity's nice since Egoshards are going to wind up being needed to make Warp Don be able to attack at full rip space power without needing charge or some ridiculous poo poo like that, and the bonus to our BP gains with MD will make those shards way easier to come by if you get the paid battle pass.

I feel like their goal here is to make everyone want to get the limbus pass but outside of that they haven't done any of the major crunch of resource gains I was lowkey worried they might do. New Mirror Dungeons are going to be The Meta as they come out, and for my birthday I'm probably going to try getting another 83 turn banner in Refraction Railway with my shiny new T4... something. No idea what'll be the most useful there yet, so I'm keeping my options open.

Thanks for listening to my rambling! Have a good one.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Those two realizations are way harder than the others and you're gonna need to build for the long run in both. And yes do them before the Blue Reverb Troupe

Well, I'm probably going to drop the game a while if that hard. I like getting my rear end kicked but there is a limit :carol:

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

TeeQueue posted:

for my birthday I'm probably going to try getting another 83 turn banner in Refraction Railway with my shiny new T4... something. No idea what'll be the most useful there yet, so I'm keeping my options open.

Thanks for listening to my rambling! Have a good one.

For my birthday (the 15th) I am apparently going to be slamming face-first into the Chapter 4 finale, so that's going to be fun. :v:

And they were very good ramblings, I pretty much agree with this across the board: I do think we'll hopefully see an XP curve adjustment so it doesn't scale out of control so much, and I *hope* we'll see a tamping down of the thread cost for these new uptie tiers.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I hope the new tiers for our bozos will alter them in interesting ways and not just straight bigger numbers (not that I'm opposed to that, though).

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

With all the announced changes, what are people's expectations for what the end-of-Season scenario will be by the end of S2? Will people be just as close to completion as they were at the end of S1, even without whaling? Should we expect to have to miss out on more IDs now unless we swipe?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I can't believe our spark currency is this... IDEAL.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
The main change to player economy is the MD change at the first month in, and that's giving us More Experience.

A lot more. Starting 6/29, we'll be getting 22.5 levels in a week if we can chain 3 Hard MD 2s successfully, and further runs are 5 modules for 3 BP levels. Paid battle pass havers are eating good. We'll need more Egoshards to get T4 poo poo unlocked, but as long as they're much (much) lower than the current thread numbers thrown around that shouldn't be a big deal. If T4 egoshard prices are huge, then things get a lot rougher on everyone trying to really wreck endgame.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
I feel like people with Battle Pass are likely to be able to get all IDs and EGOs with a moderate amount of MD grinding, but in return will have to be more frugal with tier 4 uptying (even with the MD buffs).

(Also the maxim about how you shouldn't pay money for anything other than battle pass seems to remain valid).

EDIT: I just realized it indirectly nerfed the dailies value since doing MD seems so much more rewarding.

SITB fucked around with this message at 10:46 on May 26, 2023

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

TeeQueue posted:

The main change to player economy is the MD change at the first month in, and that's giving us More Experience.

A lot more. Starting 6/29, we'll be getting 22.5 levels in a week if we can chain 3 Hard MD 2s successfully, and further runs are 5 modules for 3 BP levels. Paid battle pass havers are eating good. We'll need more Egoshards to get T4 poo poo unlocked, but as long as they're much (much) lower than the current thread numbers thrown around that shouldn't be a big deal. If T4 egoshard prices are huge, then things get a lot rougher on everyone trying to really wreck endgame.

Interesting; at that rate, as long as you can clear MD2, and as long as you’re not missing any season 1 things from the dispenser, you’d do better to wait until the new MD comes out than grind now, even with the shard loss from season change conversion, right?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

watchedclock posted:

Interesting; at that rate, as long as you can clear MD2, and as long as you’re not missing any season 1 things from the dispenser, you’d do better to wait until the new MD comes out than grind now, even with the shard loss from season change conversion, right?

I wouldn't spend any enkephalin modules on Mirror Dungeons until 6/22, at any rate. I'd still do the daily since it's free and free is infinity efficiency.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
My favorite thing about this is how it's 'Isang [Ideality]' rather than just 'Ideality' because the localization team wanted to give us a taste of Yi Sang pun.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Endorph posted:

not a big fan of this but ig they have to make it so you cant just get everyone in a season by grinding mirror dungeon

I just burned all my Yi Sang shards on the WARP EGO too :argh:

also there's W Meursault again, in what world do people wanna trade for that guy

having a 4th tier might help the, uh, less fortunate IDs like him find a new lease on life though

e: though it might also make the strong IDs even better, which is hilarious to think about because how could you make them stronger

R Heathcliff and N Sinclair get a passive that just instantly kills the entire enemy team

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 26, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I hope the T4 upgrades are Cool and not just, +1 to base skill power or whatever. And yeah, it seems like a good opportunity to bring underpowered identities such as Warp Meursault up to speed.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
oh, actually, wait. Given what happened to the Base IDs and EGO, we'll probably be getting those pushed up to T4 for free like we did with going up to 2 when we completed The Outcast and then 3 after beating The Unloving.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
I'm honestly curious how they'll do that for identities that usually suffer such as non-Don WARP or the Shi team. I wouldn't be surprised if we see adjustments or upgrades to passive abilities at T4, as well as existing moves gaining new effects.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

oh, actually, wait. Given what happened to the Base IDs and EGO, we'll probably be getting those pushed up to T4 for free like we did with going up to 2 when we completed The Outcast and then 3 after beating The Unloving.

it's worth noting that the base IDs never had "MAX" on their uptie level like the other IDs do so they're probably gonna evolve for the whole game

Theantero posted:

I hope the T4 upgrades are Cool and not just, +1 to base skill power or whatever. And yeah, it seems like a good opportunity to bring underpowered identities such as Warp Meursault up to speed.

Ideally the extra level would be big boosts for the bad IDs and small number boosts for the unstoppable top-tiers

It's Project Moon game balance though so who the gently caress knows

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Do the mirror dungeons get more interesting as you progress? Because having started Limbus I tried the first one and literally auto-battled the whole thing with the default team. Apparently grinding these is important for progression...

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Rabbit Heatchliff will get 100 extra ammo, will be able to gain 1 extra coin for ammo spent with no upper limit, will instantly regain all ammo if he wins a clash and every other Sinner in game will have a new combat dialogue that is just them bitching at you if you enter a stage without Rabbit Heatchcliff in the team.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I do wonder if the new uptier will come with more story dialogue for the identities.

Maybe not since that's gonna be a lot of dialogue that needs to be recorded but they're about to do the super long text chapter so maybe they could squeeze that in

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Redmark posted:

Do the mirror dungeons get more interesting as you progress? Because having started Limbus I tried the first one and literally auto-battled the whole thing with the default team. Apparently grinding these is important for progression...

There's only one so far and it kind of sucks and is brainless, but they're releasing a new one with some rule changes (like teambuilding limitations and a shop square) with a normal and hard difficulty next week or so which will hopefully make it more interesting

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
I just realized that 4th Match Flame Ryoshuu and Announcer gregor were at the end of the Battle Pass. My disappointment is unmeasurable and my day is ruined.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

And I just realized Announcer Yi Sang is gonna be a cascade of puns and we'll all suffer because of whiever had the idea.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I wish there was a way to enable subtitles for in-combat barks.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Ryanbomber posted:

There's only one so far and it kind of sucks and is brainless, but they're releasing a new one with some rule changes (like teambuilding limitations and a shop square) with a normal and hard difficulty next week or so which will hopefully make it more interesting

Mirror dungeon chances are on the 22nd of June. But yeah that should make things more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I don't actually want my weekly video game chores to demand more attention from me