Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

sebmojo posted:

I heard slow release is useless for helping sleep, fwiw

That's what I was prescribed but I actually do not believe melatonin does anything because all the studies I've read are very inconclusive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
Just buy the good ones off the Internet like everyone else, ya dorks

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

echinopsis posted:

we're watched on camera and told to stop talking to people etc.

This sounds kinda dodgy to me. A bit of googling suggests employers are only supposed to use cameras to watch staff for stuff like health & safety or if they have reason to believe staff are stealing, not for making sure you're not talking to people. Assuming those people are customers that should be good anyway, and even if they're not you're a human being, everyone talks to their colleagues wtf

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

BRING HOME THE BIRD

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

echinopsis posted:

how much do they charge for melatonin

they have flyers that we use to guide prices. because of the commerce commission pharmacies cant discuss with others what prices they charge because it'd be collusion, so everyone is kind of guessing

prescriptions medicines that are unfunded is a weird game. how much should I charge for boner pills? at my pharmacy it's different for different people, because we process prescriptions in our software and it just suggests we charge people what we charged last time, and so there is a large variety in charges for the same item. I tried to raise this with my boss but she didn't really want to address it and make a flat rate. she is a good pharmacist but by gently caress does she hate the idea of change. such a rigid thought process

the place is micromanaged, and we're watched on camera and told to stop talking to people etc. I can't handle it, my self esteem is like a wet tissue, truly pathetic, and I cannot handle it for much longer. oh how I wish I had energy to look for a new job rather than just feel sad all the time. LOL

You need to get the gently caress away from that place and get a new job bud

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

klen dool posted:

You need to get the gently caress away from that place and get a new job bud

Yeah. I’ve found one of the biggest factors in my mental health is whether I’m working at a place where I feel respected and appreciated. I hear you about the difficulty of looking for a new job especially when you’re feeling down, but it’s absolutely worth the effort.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

This sounds kinda dodgy to me. A bit of googling suggests employers are only supposed to use cameras to watch staff for stuff like health & safety or if they have reason to believe staff are stealing, not for making sure you're not talking to people. Assuming those people are customers that should be good anyway, and even if they're not you're a human being, everyone talks to their colleagues wtf

Lol

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wafflecopper posted:

It's illegal, and if there's audio recording they're straight up hosed

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

This is highly illegal! I want to talk to the manager of capitalism right away!!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Slavvy posted:

This is highly illegal! I want to talk to the manager of capitalism right away!!

Start by calling these guys:

https://www.privacy.org.nz/

Then finish by shutting your stupid loving gob.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Start by calling these guys:

https://www.privacy.org.nz/

Then finish by shutting your stupid loving gob.

The person with self esteem issues is definitely going to torpedo the fragile stability of their job, which they need to live, by instigating a protracted legal investigation that may not lead to anything. I am very smart.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Personally I think it’s good to know your rights as a worker whether you plan to do anything about them or not. This is a discussion forum and someone else might find the info useful even if the op doesn’t

Also, it is possible to say to your boss “hey this isn’t cool or legal please stop it” without launching a formal legal battle. I did it with my current boss trying to give me 5 min breaks instead of 10s. Now I get proper breaks and we even still get along

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Slavvy posted:

The person with self esteem issues is definitely going to torpedo the fragile stability of their job, which they need to live, by instigating a protracted legal investigation that may not lead to anything. I am very smart.

Also, maybe you could let the OP decide for themselves if they want to do anything and not talk poo poo about other posters giving them information?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

Also, maybe you could let the OP decide for themselves if they want to do anything and not talk poo poo about other posters giving them information?

When did I do this?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Slavvy posted:

When did I do this?

In the post Wafflecopter quoted, stop being a disingenuous prick. Echinopsis can decide whether or not they want to take the advice, trying to shout down conversation because you think better things aren't possible or whatever is the worst sort of posting.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

E: actually nah

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

The Rabbi T. White posted:

BRING HOME THE BIRD

And have it bring back gross Florida diseases and bugs to infect the local populace? Yuck, no thanks.

Besides, it IS home, he was born there.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
New 1 news kantar poll coming out tonight at six.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

quote:

The scheme pays higher subsidies for the first 20 hours of attendance at services that agree not to charge fees for that period.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/490600/early-childhood-sector-says-budget-plan-to-extend-subsidy-is-unworkable

Why would they not simply extend the subsidy?? Govt is trying to have their cake and eat it too here, dumb poo poo. There isn't a centre in Auckland that can operate just on the govt funding.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/nicolawillismp/status/1450231472317624322?s=46&t=z-BpKV_zuayDXrjUW20mQw

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
What's the actual Bill? Well ok ok in laymans terms, just not self-congratulatory politician terms. Lifting on housing restrictions in what way?

"Building in your backyard + first time home buyers" sounds an awful lot like garages converted into studios with no construction codes.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Big ooof for the greens

https://twitter.com/harrypeterson_/status/1661614231257755648?s=20

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Serephina posted:

What's the actual Bill? Well ok ok in laymans terms, just not self-congratulatory politician terms. Lifting on housing restrictions in what way?

"Building in your backyard + first time home buyers" sounds an awful lot like garages converted into studios with no construction codes.

That was for the MDRS. It's the "build 3 stories by right" bill. Note the tweet is from 2021.

It was being posted because Luxon is walking back Nationals support for it.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Confusedslight posted:

Big ooof for the greens

it's all that PC gone mad

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
faintly interesting:

https://twitter.com/craigmcculloch/status/1661566213359833091?s=20

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

It's because National are the true Economic Managers

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Basically yeah, the issue that is front of mind when polled does change people's voting preference, and budgets and finances favours National. An unscrupulous pollster could probably engineer a poll to favour Labour or National pretty easily just by asking about certain issues or news stories before asking who they plan to vote for.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/craigmcculloch/status/1661566479832330240

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/05/25/revealed-nationals-rejected-ai-attack-ads/

Interesting insight into the attack ads they were/are planning to run. One guess as to who "TG creative" is lol

No idea what the gently caress this one was going to be though

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
"Medium shot of a criminal breaking into a house during the day. Modern house 2023... Remix prompt: Make it night time. Dark and Scary. have person about to break window."

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
thank god someone is finally talking about the cryptid menace

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bike tory posted:

Interesting insight into the attack ads they were/are planning to run. One guess as to who "TG creative" is lol

He's looking for kiwis to skritch

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

carbon monoxide poisoning

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/132143048/first-batch-of-armys-new-bushmaster-armoured-vehicles-arrive

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
hey i think i saw those ventilation triangles on some $200 pc case at pb tech

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

bike tory posted:

Who's TG?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Housing plz

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

NZAmoeba posted:

Who's TG?

Not much, who's TG with you?

Topham Guerin

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/bay-of-plenty/300890230/they-should-be-in-english-national-to-ditch-te-reo-traffic-signs

they're going full brash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

should have the numbers in te reo too