Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Elder Postsman posted:

don't superfluids also, like, creep up the sides of containers they're in?

yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

Jonny 290 posted:

lol wild. so it basically has like zero viscosity?

yep.

Elder Postsman posted:

don't superfluids also, like, creep up the sides of containers they're in?

not just that -- it will creep up the inside of the container, over the top edge, and down the outside and as a result spontaneously drain the container empty.

if you put a lid on to stop this from happening, it will crawl up to the lid and spread out over the inside as a film.

e: a fluid coupling that only allows the passage of superfluids, basically a tube packed tight with very fine sand, is called a "superleak." lol

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 26, 2023

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
How come you can eat superfoods but not drink superfluids.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

they’re octopuses. but as a liquid.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

no one said you couldn’t

at least once

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i wonder what it would feel like to swallow something with zero viscosity. could you do it? would it slowly creep up out from your stomach and out your mouth?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

astronauts seem to be able to mechanically swallow in effective zeroG so presumably you’d be able to just force some of it down where i imagine some of it mixes

but if this is a theoretical room temp and pressure superfluid i’m thinking that at a minimum you’d have a skim coating of it working its way all over your inside throat bits

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Salt Fish posted:

well, you can, but not for very long

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

i wonder what it would feel like to swallow something with zero viscosity. could you do it? would it slowly creep up out from your stomach and out your mouth?

when i was in grad school (for chemistry) there was a guy that really liked to do that trick where you put a little bit of liquid nitrogen in your mouth and keep it moving on your tongue while exhaling to blow out huge clouds of mist and he accidentally swallowed one time on accident and burned the hell out of his throat and couldn't talk right for like a month

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Cool trick

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

fermun posted:

when i was in grad school (for chemistry) there was a guy that really liked to do that trick where you put a little bit of liquid nitrogen in your mouth and keep it moving on your tongue while exhaling to blow out huge clouds of mist and he accidentally swallowed one time on accident and burned the hell out of his throat and couldn't talk right for like a month

how did his throat get burned if the liquid nitrogen was cold huh smart guy???

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

polyester concept posted:

how did his throat get burned if the liquid nitrogen was cold huh smart guy???

:iceburn:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jonny 290 posted:

Superconducting electromagnets still gently caress with my head a bit. Like, i have a good understanding of electricity. but when they drop below that point and there's zero resistance and you can just short the input wires and the field lasts basically forever? what

first caveman to discover naturally occuring magnets: what the gently caress
first scientist to discover superconductor electromagnets: what the gently caress

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Midjack posted:

another seller has kirby inhaling "eat the rich"

lmao im gonna need a link please- im actually cool with my son eating the rich

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

yep.

not just that -- it will creep up the inside of the container, over the top edge, and down the outside and as a result spontaneously drain the container empty.

if you put a lid on to stop this from happening, it will crawl up to the lid and spread out over the inside as a film.

e: a fluid coupling that only allows the passage of superfluids, basically a tube packed tight with very fine sand, is called a "superleak." lol

something I thought was interesting was pointing out that superconductors do not have extremely low resistance they have exactly 0 resistance. wonder if the same is true of superfluids

also what surface actions cause it to flow upwards? is there some kind of surface attraction and that is strong enough for the liquid to flow against gravity

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

also what surface actions cause it to flow upwards? is there some kind of surface attraction and that is strong enough for the liquid to flow against gravity

yeah its basically surface tension (the same thing that gives a meniscus in a test tube) but just turned up to 9000

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

lmao im gonna need a link please- im actually cool with my son eating the rich

https://m.aliexpress.us/item/3256803259625730.html

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

https://twitter.com/BradiusZero/status/1656027843178971136

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Sagebrush posted:

Have you ever tried drinking water the exact same temperature as the inside of your mouth? It feels like there's nothing there and then when you immediately try to tell the person next to you about this experience the whole mouthfull of water just falls out and they laugh at you for what quite honestly seems like an unkind amount of time.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

"Anal Rail Gun" is a top-tier username imo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

weirdly feels kind of reasonable to sue over this, despite the not very reasonable sequence of events leading there.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

little jones loves kirby. as the best father ever, i bought him a bunch of kirby stickers from ali express that he gets as little rewards, or just whenever.

well i gave him a handful the other day and uh

https://youtu.be/Udk8YHOy0EU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

nice setup, three olives

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

i'm the nondescript pile of doodads behind the keyboard

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Radio Paranoia posted:

i'm the nondescript pile of doodads behind the keyboard

I think it looks so messy because most of those doodads are actually light reflections?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
we just don't know

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I think it looks so messy because most of those doodads are actually light reflections?

Its ai generated.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

please dont post my interview

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

weirdly feels kind of reasonable to sue over this, despite the not very reasonable sequence of events leading there.

That would be an interesting court case because I think you could make the argument that a reasonable person would only be concerned about the outer coating, which people probably care about for allergy or sanitary reasons and that outer coating is 100% silicon. And you could probably also argue that it isn’t reasonable to wear a butt plug to an mri

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

ADINSX posted:

That would be an interesting court case because I think you could make the argument that a reasonable person would only be concerned about the outer coating, which people probably care about for allergy or sanitary reasons and that outer coating is 100% silicon. And you could probably also argue that it isn’t reasonable to wear a butt plug to an mri

yeah, but the "only concerned about the outer coating" is a reasonable assumption only because it is incredibly hard to imagine when anything else would matter. but here it is, the one case where it matters.

i can't say id find the manufacture guilty of some neglect here, but feels like the victim is actually not really out of line suing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why would you wear your sex toy to a doctor's appointment