Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
To gain a 5% damage and hitstun buff you must kiss your same-sex opponent on the lips.

Weird Pumpkin posted:

what happens when it gets to 100%? :ohdear:

:gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Weird Pumpkin posted:

what happens when it gets to 100%? :ohdear:

Your sexuality gets guard broken.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Caliing them woke controls starting from now until sf7 drops.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

If I was good at computer I would make a gif of the modern controls M slowly turning upside down to blow this whole conspiracy wide open :tinfoil:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

'Woke controls"

I don't think it's "wokism" that's the mind virus, guys.

E: alternatively: Everything I Don't Like Is Woke

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

:perfect:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Weird Pumpkin posted:

If I was good at computer I would make a gif of the modern controls M slowly turning upside down to blow this whole conspiracy wide open :tinfoil:

You've got it set to M for Modern when it should be on W for Woke.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

You've got it set to M for Modern when it should be on W for Woke.

:five:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Make it hot pink and you've got something.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

FrostyPox posted:

alternatively: Everything I Don't Like Is Woke

this is more to the point, since there's a notable absence of complaints being lodged by that guy about the fact that you select between body types instead of gender and get an explicit pronoun selection submenu

it's the next stage in evolution of calling everything you didn't like "gay" two decades ago

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm not a big fan of Woke controls, you can only go left

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Medullah posted:

bravo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Medullah posted:

Yeah, but they help me keep in gender neutral

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gender neutral is just a stepping stone towards the gender advantage.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
This guy needs to be gatekept out of my hobbies

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looking forward to the salt when people lose to people running with woke controls.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jack Trades posted:

Gender neutral is just a stepping stone towards the gender advantage.
Gender Neutral stance gives Luke +3 uncancellable on Woke

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Just gonna say that the line between anti-accessibility and chud is way thinner than people realize and this is a very good illustration of that fact.

That’s the only vaguely political thing I’m going to say in this thread. I’m ready to play this game and lose at this game. It will be good.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’ve never been more excited at the prospect of having my dick repeatedly put in the dirt

I’m so hype for this game

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

What's a good PS5 fight stick nowadays? Hoping to spend less than $200, but I want something decent. Used to love the old Madcatz TE Fightsticks, wanted something with that kind of heft to it. I was told the Hori sticks are pretty good, but can they really charge that much for a fightstick that doesn't have Sanwa parts? Are the Hayabusa parts on those things high quality as well? Same for the Qanba fightsticks I see recommended, too, they're using Qanba sticks and buttons.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I'm very bad at image editing but I had to get this idea out of my head, I'm sorry

Phenotype posted:

What's a good PS5 fight stick nowadays? Hoping to spend less than $200, but I want something decent. Used to love the old Madcatz TE Fightsticks, wanted something with that kind of heft to it. I was told the Hori sticks are pretty good, but can they really charge that much for a fightstick that doesn't have Sanwa parts? Are the Hayabusa parts on those things high quality as well? Same for the Qanba fightsticks I see recommended, too, they're using Qanba sticks and buttons.

I can vouch for the Qanba sticks, they're pretty great from what I've used. Though I've got an older dragon one from a few years ago so it's not the PS5 version, dunno if they've degraded in quality since then. I'm actually using Qanba gravity buttons on a custom stick I'm building as well. The gravity has the same mechanical switches I use for home rhythm game setups and they work real well there

It's also super easy to change buttons and only slightly harder to change the lever itself if you don't like them at least?

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 26, 2023

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

new thread title

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lol

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

super stoked. I haven't played any fighting games seriously in maybe a decade but have been more and more curious as the online play improves. I got in on strive a while after it came out but didn't get that serious into it. Hoping getting in on the ground floor on SF6 is the fighting game spark I need

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Phenotype posted:

Your old fightstick with a Brook converter, they were supposed to launch by the end of this month. Their compatibility list goes back to PS3/360.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/FGCquotes/status/1662070127259688960?s=20

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

nothing says "overflowing joy" like lifeless muppet eyes with a thousand yard stare

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Vermain posted:

nothing says "overflowing joy" like lifeless muppet eyes with a thousand yard stare

dunno about you but that expression's pretty spot on for how I felt after the open beta ended and realizing that I was gonna have to go two weeks without.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Phenotype posted:

Any licensed PS4 stick will work just fine, so it’s not hard to get something under 200. And Hayabusa parts are pretty great and also totally swappable with Sanwa if you prefer.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Who do you think Lil Wayne would main

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Who do you think Lil Wayne would main

Lil E

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

:golfclap:

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I think lil Wayne is a student of the classics and would have a powerful Ryu

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I think lil Wayne is a student of the classics and would have a powerful Ryu

It's Luke. 100%.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIHJGeaaQ7A

One last little hype boost. I like these interviews/devs a lot. They specifically frame the traditional versus mode as endgame content and the world tour mode as the runway to get players there.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/findyourtechgg/status/1662403070075056132

https://twitter.com/findyourtechgg/status/1662400649898631168

many other characters on this page

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Deejay looks incredible.

I think SFV ended up being a pretty cool game even if I didn't play it much, and I think Capcom deserves some credit for actually continuing to support it after the rocky launch, but holy moly the difference from then to now in quality in animations/models is nuts. Capcom has been an unstoppable massive dub machine since RE7.

fadam fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Crypto ken never fails to make me laugh

from this tweet, didn't embed it cause it's a longer thread

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 27, 2023