Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
I'm so glad Big DH survived latest patch, it's been a long time I've had so much fun playing (as long as I do not pair with racism paladin)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Oh boy, Heroic Brawliseum this week. I am deeply confused at how these can be successful and who is taking multiple entries each time it comes up.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
drat game keeps logging me out. Desktop not mobile. This is new and fun.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

That rylak card in bgs is loving dumb as hell

There's a critical mass of stat doubling shenanigans now so you can get the epic Reddit posts with boards of 2 billion HP minions

NorgLyle posted:

Oh boy, Heroic Brawliseum this week. I am deeply confused at how these can be successful and who is taking multiple entries each time it comes up.

Did you see that they have gated a portrait behind a 12 win run :staredog:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Desert Bus posted:

drat game keeps logging me out. Desktop not mobile. This is new and fun.

yep, everytime I sleep the computer I have to re-login to battle net. Not a fan

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Nybble posted:

yep, everytime I sleep the computer I have to re-login to battle net. Not a fan

I should have been more specific but exact same issue. Walk away for 15mins or whatever and *poof* logged out.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I opened a ticket about this and they say it's a bug and they are working on it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Mayveena posted:

I opened a ticket about this and they say it's a bug and they are working on it.

The one time I complained about something being broken I never got a response but it was fixed in like a day? As much as it's fun to complain about all the fun ways this small indie game breaks they are pretty decent at swatting bugs.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Quiet Feet posted:

Well, that's not too bad. Missing Stranglethorn, Astolor and one Barrel of Monkeys from the posted deck and Azshara and 1x School Teacher from the other. I guess being down two cards isn't much in either case but those are some pretty heavy cards.
School Teacher and Astalor are strong neutrals that fit into a wide range of decks and can make a significant impact on a game. Same goes for Amalgam of the Deep.

They are probably some of the safest things to craft.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
School teacher is such an insane card. Games can swing just on dropping the drat 1-cost minion with the right spell attached to it.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
yeah school teacher still feels out of line pretty often imo. should probably only discover 1s and 2s or maybe even only 1s (this kills the card)

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

So err, did they roll out the compensatory 1 pack quest they said would be accompanying this heroic brawl last week by accident and I've forgotten it already or did they just not do that

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lmao the two headed ogre that gives you copies of cards to its sides will complete triples before combat begins, great way to get yourself killed

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

peer posted:

yeah school teacher still feels out of line pretty often imo. should probably only discover 1s and 2s or maybe even only 1s (this kills the card)

Being able to choose targets for the spells is the cherry on top IMO; I'm used to stuff like that being "targets chosen randomly"

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I randomly generated that asvedon the greatshield warrior card in arena and made the mistake of copying a targeted removal, which auto targeted it, killing it

Great design there blizz

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Asvedon was/is also broken with hidden effects like secrets or druid's legendary spell.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

kater posted:

lmao the two headed ogre that gives you copies of cards to its sides will complete triples before combat begins, great way to get yourself killed

Must be a rare bug, as I was playing as the new copy in hand hero today, had an end of turn effects twice minion and two of those ogres to triple 3 things on one turn and they didn't triple until the start of my next turn even though I had 2 copies of each in my hand and one of each on the board.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

So, "Brawliseum" is just "what if we did arena but 10x more expensive" huh?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

I really wonder what the numbers are on that, cause i'm a loving Whale and I still won't pay for that poo poo.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Man, I have really mixed feelings about Rylek in Battlegrounds. On the one hand, it is super fun and allows some great builds, but it is so powerful it really warps any beast game. Seems like it should be like a tier 5 or something.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

I played a game last night as Shudderwock where my Blood Gems were giving +3 / +24 before I rolled into a Golden Gem Smuggler. I won the stupidest game ever where basically nobody else thought to grab venomous; second place was Pirates and third was Demons. My simultaneously tiny and enormous Quillboars just slowly whittled down the huge guys on my opponents teams.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

quote:

Some of you may have noticed that the first step of the Legendary Quest chain now only requires you to play 3 Heroic Brawliseum games, instead of win 3 Heroic Brawliseum games. Simply put, this was a mistake on our part. As initially announced, the intent was that the Frostmonger Sai Death Knight skin would be earned by winning 3 Heroic Brawliseum games.

We’ve decided not to change the Legendary Quest back to the original version this time. Frostmonger Sai will now be able to be earned by playing 3 Heroic Brawliseum games during this Heroic Brawliseum period, regardless of the outcome. The Crimson Knight Sai skin will still be available for the players who accomplish the incredible feat of 12 wins in one run, and we plan to continue to offer challenge-based prizes in future Heroic Brawliseums.

1k gold for a portrait and 1+ packs isn't the worst value proposition in the game tbh. Pretty funny how it happened.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Gold pack from the leveling track netted me a gold Bounce Around :toot:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

1k gold for a portrait and 1+ packs isn't the worst value proposition in the game tbh. Pretty funny how it happened.

Yeah it’s comparable to buying a hero from the shop. The one for getting 12 wins is stupid as hell though

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I got 6 wins in brawl: got the portrait, 7 packs and a good amount of dust. I probably came out ahead tbh

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

It’s the most miserable experience in HS and I honestly feel sympathy for those ppl so broke-brained that they feel the urge to bang their heads against that steel wall for the 12 win portrait

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Anyway, as much lame as it feels to hit legend with the same deck two months in a row, been having a lot of fun with this slightly reworked Outcast DH

### Cast Out
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 1x (1) Calamity's Grasp
# 2x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 2x (1) Fierce Outsider
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Shambling Chow
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) SECURITY!!
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (2) Wayward Sage
# 2x (2) Wretched Exile
# 2x (3) Hawkstrider Rancher
# 2x (3) Rush the Stage
# 1x (4) Felerin, the Forgotten
# 2x (4) Glaivetar
# 1x (4) Halveria Darkraven
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
# 2x (7) Vengeful Walloper
#
AAECAdD8BQSkkgWPpQX0yAXn9QUNs6AEtKAEiLIE+b8EiJIFj5IFlJIFjaUFhaoFpMMF9MMF6/UF4fgFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Cut the nerfed naga package (Stheno, predation, dispose of evidence) and went more in on the Hawkstrider Ranchers (which are kind of nuts with this deck)

Biggest tweak that I think has been putting in work have been the Shambling Chows. They’re phenomenal for contesting 1 mana 1/2s, they’re a good turn 1 play just by themself, they’re insane with the ranchers, and they’re another good trigger for Halveria

The calamity’s grasp is very much a “I can’t figure out the 30th card so this will have to do” situation. I’m sure Astalor could do work there instead but wanted to try the weapon out (I tried a version with two copies of the weapon and two battlefiends but it wasn’t as good)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Anyway, as much lame as it feels to hit legend with the same deck two months in a row, been having a lot of fun with this slightly reworked Outcast DH

### Cast Out
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 1x (1) Calamity's Grasp
# 2x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 2x (1) Fierce Outsider
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Shambling Chow
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) SECURITY!!
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (2) Wayward Sage
# 2x (2) Wretched Exile
# 2x (3) Hawkstrider Rancher
# 2x (3) Rush the Stage
# 1x (4) Felerin, the Forgotten
# 2x (4) Glaivetar
# 1x (4) Halveria Darkraven
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
# 2x (7) Vengeful Walloper
#
AAECAdD8BQSkkgWPpQX0yAXn9QUNs6AEtKAEiLIE+b8EiJIFj5IFlJIFjaUFhaoFpMMF9MMF6/UF4fgFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Cut the nerfed naga package (Stheno, predation, dispose of evidence) and went more in on the Hawkstrider Ranchers (which are kind of nuts with this deck)

Biggest tweak that I think has been putting in work have been the Shambling Chows. They’re phenomenal for contesting 1 mana 1/2s, they’re a good turn 1 play just by themself, they’re insane with the ranchers, and they’re another good trigger for Halveria

The calamity’s grasp is very much a “I can’t figure out the 30th card so this will have to do” situation. I’m sure Astalor could do work there instead but wanted to try the weapon out (I tried a version with two copies of the weapon and two battlefiends but it wasn’t as good)

I'm gonna use this tomorrow and Friday and see if I can get to D5 with it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I am still tweaking this lol. It's pretty fun? and pretty good:

### DiscoTech
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (1) First Day of School
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Disco Maul
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 1x (3) Hammer of Wrath
# 2x (3) Rummaging Kobold
# 2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
#
AAEBAZ8FAvvoA4ajBg6IBdQF4wWI6ALZ/gKezQPM6wPw9gPJoAT5pASBlgXAxAW4xQW1ngYAAA==
#

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Mini-set next Wednesday. Dual-class cards are back, in new pairings.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

New mini set introduces an Astalor that starts st zero mana and ramps up to 11.

I know theres limited options for zero mana cards but "our power of ham nourishes us" still seems pretty lame.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

I am still tweaking this lol. It's pretty fun? and pretty good:

### DiscoTech
# Class: Paladin
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (1) First Day of School
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Disco Maul
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 1x (3) Hammer of Wrath
# 2x (3) Rummaging Kobold
# 2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
#
AAEBAZ8FAvvoA4ajBg6IBdQF4wWI6ALZ/gKezQPM6wPw9gPJoAT5pASBlgXAxAW4xQW1ngYAAA==
#

I've joined you in casual wild, it's the ideal place to let my terrible homebrew lightshower mage shine.

### casual lightshower
# Class: Mage
#
# 1x (1) Open the Waygate
# 2x (1) Suspicious Alchemist
# 2x (2) Hipster
# 1x (2) Infinitize the Maxitude
# 2x (2) Prismatic Elemental
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Rewind
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (2) Spellcoiler
# 2x (3) Frost Nova
# 2x (3) Ice Block
# 2x (3) Lightshow
# 2x (3) Nightcloak Sanctum
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 1x (4) Commander Sivara
# 2x (4) Street Sweeper
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 2x (4) Volume Up
# 2x (5) Spammy Arcanist
# 2x (6) Blizzard
# 1x (7) Magister Dawngrasp
# 1x (9) Grand Magister Rommath
# 1x (10) The Amazing Reno
#
AAEBAZirBAjQwQKMtgOd7gOgigSp3gSX7wSjkAXR+AUQwAHLBLulA9DsA6WNBNy5BNrQBPHTBNveBK7vBISTBaqYBabDBeDDBdXOBdD4BQAA
#

Completing the quest is not really the focus, it's just bound to happen. Sometimes you can pick up an echo of medievh or a potion of illusion with your spell generators, which can make you go infinite with grommash. A real thrill and my wet dream. Other times you can pick up a bunch of damage spells that hit anything and have yourself a little homemade rod of roasting finale. I love it.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

bravesword posted:

Mini-set next Wednesday. Dual-class cards are back, in new pairings.
I know that we make the joke that the heroic brawl exists to drain gold before releasing the mini-set but I think this is the first time that they've announced the mini-set while the heroic brawl is running.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
New Shudderwock in Battlegrounds is so nasty. And surprisingly to me, it did a ton of work with Demons, not Murlocs. Got a first place without losing, just two ties when getting early tier upgrades. Started the first turn with a 4/6 “eat a minion” and snowballed from there.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

NorgLyle posted:

I know that we make the joke that the heroic brawl exists to drain gold before releasing the mini-set but I think this is the first time that they've announced the mini-set while the heroic brawl is running.

In fairness, it was supposed to run last week, but it didn’t line up with the balance changes they’d queued up. And this is the same time the miniset releases every year. It’s like blowing all your money on December 18 and then being surprised you don’t have enough for Christmas presents.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
people seem to be getting hyped over Grimtotem Buzzkill and for the life of me I can’t see why

e: added link

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1662126542745378817

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 26, 2023

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

people seem to be getting hyped over Grimtotem Buzzkill and for the life of me I can’t see why

e: added link

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1662126542745378817

Seems like a decent card but not amazing. Only warrior and maybe DH would probably want to use it.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Julio Cruz posted:

I kind of get it. Three cards is a lot, and it's easy for weapons decks to end up with extra weapons you don't really need. (Especially when most weapons are 2/2s with benefits that drop off late game.)

But also... that just means optimized decks don't run many weapons, and all this does is make it safer to play heavy weapon strategies because you have an escape valve for excess weapons. There aren't enough payoffs for running that many weapons, so this is a tool waiting for a home.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

new ETC dropped

adds a "hot potato" card that gets passed until whomever fails to spend all of their mana has it blow up in their face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Cute idea, but do you play it and just hope they forget to use it after two or three passes?

Oh wait, the spend all your mana is a trigger not an action itself

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 26, 2023