Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Khanstant posted:

you only need 1x of each dragon part to upgrade fierce deity armor and no other armour is worth upgrading past level 2

The barbarian armor is a non amiibo set with the same stats/skills as fierce deity and looks much less stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The barbarian armor is a non amiibo set with the same stats/skills as fierce deity and looks much less stupid.

I don’t care how basic an opinion it is, Fierce Deity always has and always will look sick as hell

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
:wrong:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wish you could upgrade the starting tunic, it has nice colors

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Kilton, I know you want pictures, but where the hell is your weird-rear end brother?

What's the trick to getting him to tell you where Kotlin is?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Set makes you look like a dingus, no chance. I've got two out of three frog pieces at level 4 and I reckon I'm gonna prioritize the stuff that's fun to use.

Edit: also just to expand on that; It's nice to have solid armor if you wanna fight something in the heat/just after ramming into the ground/after climbing slippery wall without having to go into the menu to gently caress with stuff.

Why the gently caress are you climbing slippery walls? Lmao why are you climbing at all.

Scrub rear end wall climber like it's 2017 has no respect for Majora, big surprise.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

ROFL Octopus posted:

I don’t care how basic an opinion it is, Fierce Deity always has and always will look sick as hell

sick in the sense of kuru or dysentery, yes.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Khanstant posted:

Why the gently caress are you climbing slippery walls? Lmao why are you climbing at all.

Scrub rear end wall climber like it's 2017 has no respect for Majora, big surprise.

whenever I see a cache of missile devices, I give all but two shields the rocket treatment.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Speaking of Fierce Deity; I was trying to figure out the one part of the riddle for 20 minutes and then I realized; the left eye is from the Skull's perspective.
This game is really good at making me feel like a dumbass at times.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

EVIL Gibson posted:

Meanwhile they are watching a segmented bridge curled up and not immediately freaking out, breaking, or crashing the game when dragged let alone touched.

As a gamedev, the part that's most impressive to me with that specific puzzle is the hinges reliably keeping segments connected and folding the expected way. Quality hinges are incredibly hard.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Echophonic posted:

Kilton, I know you want pictures, but where the hell is your weird-rear end brother?

What's the trick to getting him to tell you where Kotlin is?

I think you just need to talk to him at night.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
His monster balloon is visible at night from most towns.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Khanstant posted:

His monster balloon is visible at night from most towns.

Wait, it isn't just the one? Also yea, are there multiple depths colosseums, or just the one?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Atoramos posted:

Wait, it isn't just the one? Also yea, are there multiple depths colosseums, or just the one?

There's multiple colosseums. I think one for each basic enemy type? I've found one for Bokoblins, Lizaflos, Lynels and Moblins at least.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
By the end game I had a fully upgraded 4 defense helm/legs and 5 defense chest giving me 88 defense, which I think meant I took 22 hearts less damage from every attack, silver enemies and bosses did a quarter heart, gloom enemies all did the minimum 1 heart at least which was good design to keep them threatening somewhat.

I spent the majority of the game unupgraded until the 4th temple or later, the woodland stable where the fairy business started and everyone kept mentioning was the very last stable I ended up visiting on my world tour, meant I had to "git gud" since everything could 2 shot me even with a 2nd row of hearts developing.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
there's a lynel one, which is how i found out there's five tiers of lynel which was a big surprise after grinding through most of it lmao

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The Lynel grinder is where I discovered Lynels are piss easy free loot bags.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Mykroft posted:

There are four parts. You can shoot/attack the horn, claws, and anywhere on the body for scales, and then there is a fourth resource that spawns around their spines. Everything but the claws are easy to farm on top of them since you get a second or two to grab it before it flies off but claws basically require jumping off
Just to jump in on this, there are five parts. Shard, Scale, Horn, Fang and Claw..

Also finally finished upgrading all the gear in the game and even with large amounts of duping, that took a ridiculously large amount of time, resources and money. Like easily somewhere near 100k ruppees to do it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Going to the Depths to play Monster Hunter for a bit is by far the best way to upgrade batteries, and also just fun in general. Combat and enemy variety went from one of my least favorite things in the original to one of my favorites here, crazy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The hell they ain’t:
- Glide suit negates fall damage
- Froggy suit make climb jumping in rain not slip
- whatever the gloom resist armor gives gloom attacks (from anything in the depth) resistance
- the climbing one I think gives you more stamina or better jumps

The froggy one alone is worth getting to lvl 3

The nice thing about boring high defense armor is that it's way easier to upgrade, defense is insanely good at high levels, and I have like 200 bananas I can use for an attack buff any time I like. The only annoyances with the two highest armor sets is drop rates on one (but it's an enemy you see a hundred of) and enemies with the parts will become a lot less common over time with the other (but you get the parts on weapons and can still find them easy enough). The 2nd set here is probably almost too good but it looks stupid

Compare that to farming dragons even with a dupe glitch...no thanks lol.

I've been playing around with gloom resist and it's actually really nice. When you need it you tend to need it bad so I always keep 1-2 max level foods on me.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML0aOCXfQoM

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Khanstant posted:

well well well well well well well well well look at the zonaipilled recallcels with their little rockets and fans not knowing the value of hard work. hyrule going in the loving gutter right before our eyes. can your atrophied hands even grip an outcropping?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Does attack up armor and attack up food stack?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Oof

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Thing I just noticed: the gloom damage you take from depths enemies is taken from your max health. This means even if you are on 1 hp, you can take big hits from depths enemies without dying. In fact it might be a good idea to go tackle the depths if you are on low hp and have desperation weapons active.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Fangz posted:

Thing I just noticed: the gloom damage you take from depths enemies is taken from your max health. This means even if you are on 1 hp, you can take big hits from depths enemies without dying. In fact it might be a good idea to go tackle the depths if you are on low hp and have desperation weapons active.

Very easy to heal back to full gloom hearts too. roots are way more common than hot springs and such.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I've been playing this game for about 15 hours and i'm really loving how much harder the puzzles are than in BotW. In BotW the riddles were tough but most other things felt pretty basic. Everything here makes me feel like a big brain genius.

It's hard for me to get excited about exploring the surface because it doesn't have that new world smell. The controls are kinda bad. Everything else is amazing.

I travelled from the castle town to hateno village almost exclusively by flight. Flying from tower to tower, using sky islands as refueling stations. It was fun as gently caress.

dodgeblan fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 26, 2023

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I don't know why they felt the need to make gliders despawn after flying too far, that's mean

Also the cute little ragtag monster genocide squad is adorable. Helping them is my favorite

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm really bad at finding armors. I've found a few shirts and that's about it. Are old maps and fashion hunters the best way to go about that?

I wanna play pretty Link dress up.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Mustached Demon posted:

I'm really bad at finding armors. I've found a few shirts and that's about it. Are old maps and fashion hunters the best way to go about that?

Collect poes as well and find a way to use them.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

sonatinas posted:

Collect poes as well and find a way to use them.

Poe collection has been helping too!

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
There's already a new dupe glitch but it's extremely limited and a pita

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mustached Demon posted:

Caves have a lot of the good stuff. To find more caves give an offering to the Satori, or ask Koltin for frog locations. The sky has a couple good sets too, plus gives some clues to armor in the Depths.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

There's already a new dupe glitch but it's extremely limited and a pita

Is it still better than dragon farming?

Speaking of which, luckily I still had my game running so I can put off the update, but I really need to start farming dragons now so I can easily dupe that stuff while I still can. Other stuff I can farm if I want to since I just gotta kill or find poo poo, but screw the new dragon farming system.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
My math might be a bit off, but fully upgrading the fierce deity set seems like it would require tracking down each dragon eight times, assuming of course the parts you knock off don’t go bouncing off a mountainside into oblivion where you can’t obtain them.

Why is this game so stingy with every goddamn little thing? It’s a humongous game - it doesn’t need hours upon hours upon hours of farming items to pad things out.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Is it still better than dragon farming?

Speaking of which, luckily I still had my game running so I can put off the update, but I really need to start farming dragons now so I can easily dupe that stuff while I still can. Other stuff I can farm if I want to since I just gotta kill or find poo poo, but screw the new dragon farming system.

I haven't farmed any dragons yet so I can't say, but it involves the octarock equipment eating thing, so extremely limited in number of items you can dupe per day, and limited to stuff it will eat/stuff fused with that stuff.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Depths combat ses easier than surface combat. A big hit by a surface enemy will take out like nine hearts. A big hit by a gloom enemy will take like, three off my max health and a single common sundelion regenerates three.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Almost Smart posted:

My math might be a bit off, but fully upgrading the fierce deity set seems like it would require tracking down each dragon eight times, assuming of course the parts you knock off don’t go bouncing off a mountainside into oblivion where you can’t obtain them.

Why is this game so stingy with every goddamn little thing? It’s a humongous game - it doesn’t need hours upon hours upon hours of farming items to pad things out.

"Shoot an arrow at your feet" handles scales and horns (e: you can pick it up immediately), fangs and claws can be picked up before they drop if you're quick with the paraglider. Riding around on each dragon for the 10 minutes to recharge is boring as poo poo but far better than chasing them down repeatedly

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
You are not expected to do everything to excess. Nintendo provided a super-saturated shitload of things to do in order to ensure you never went too long without an opportunity to Do Something at all.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

What kind of times can you equip to the windcleaver to keep its windcleaving properties?

Is there a way to give the master sword that katana shape with the cool katana charge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

yeah I would read it less as the fierce deity set requiring a million dragon parts to fully upgrade, and more like the full upgrade exists so there is not zero payoff for those who choose to spend a bunch of time infinitely farming the dragons, which are supposed to exist more as a thing you see every four hours and go "whoa cool I'm gonna go get a dragon part now"