Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't get how the game even got pass the prototype stage. Like an apology is nice, but it doesn't feel sincere in this case. Did they really put their best foot forward when making this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
This singular video is better than the entire gollum game, praise Jeff Green's dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI7SzaO2Mdo

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Thanks! I'll have to check it out.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

companies seriously need to loving stop doing these apologies

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
agreed they should be proud of the game because it's looks completely deranged, i love it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
more games should be bad, imho

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bad games are the most relatable, yeah

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

It’s what gamers deserve

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It’s what gamers deserve

:grin:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

fortunately all games are bad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Relax Or DIE posted:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok not trying to be funny here, but most if not all games I like are also good games. Kinda a weird coincidence?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

Ok not trying to be funny here, but most if not all games I like are also good games. Kinda a weird coincidence?

I think the kids call this 'being basic'.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1662166716892479488?s=20

Two in one day! And this one's for a game that did not have a release date or a title.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My favorite games are kinda bad, good games usually suck

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some bad games that people like?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
MMOs

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Jay Rust posted:

most pokemon games

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Twitter apologia is my favorite new video game genre.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dear meet and gently caress kingdom fans,
it is with sadness in our hearts that we must apologize for the low quality of the meeting and loving gameplay. we ask for your patience as we work hard on bringing things up to the high standards that we all expect from the MnF franchise, stay tuned and keep fuckin'

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jay Rust posted:

Cutthroats! Terror of The High Seas

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Wtf does someone actually want a The Last of Us multiplayer game??? I'm not that big a fan of the series but I can't imagine how they would ever pull that off without some huge AF ludo-narrative dissonance lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, not really? People be killin each other all the time in those games

Also like presumably you will not be playing as any of the characters from the single player games

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

there was already a multiplayer mode in the last of us and people really liked it apparently

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

List the games because I have a funny feeling it's a dopile

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

huge AF ludo-narrative dissonance lol

naughty dog's history with this phrase means they were uniquely suited to ignoring it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1662174968384311296?s=20

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Your favorite game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Evil Kit posted:

Wtf does someone actually want a The Last of Us multiplayer game??? I'm not that big a fan of the series but I can't imagine how they would ever pull that off without some huge AF ludo-narrative dissonance lol

The original factions owns and still has ppl playing it today, 10 years later

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

The Witcher

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

List the games because I have a funny feeling it's a dopile

Sure, you're on. My favourite games:
Far cry 5
Assassin's creed 6
God of War (2020)
Horizon Zero
Far cry 6

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

the mp mode in the original was really fun. the secret of tlou is, its actually a fairly good shooter and builds a lot of mechanics around the idea of never quite having what you need and the desperation of having to make do with what you can scavenge and craft, and the mp has a lot of that going for it too

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
A few words from Zelda’s Eiji Aonuma:

Dear players,

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

dear meet and gently caress kingdom fans,
it is with sadness in our hearts that we must apologize for the low quality of the meeting and loving gameplay. we ask for your patience as we work hard on bringing things up to the high standards that we all expect from the MnF franchise, stay tuned and keep fuckin'

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://deadline.com/2023/05/madden-will-ferrell-david-o-russell-team-for-amazon-mgm-movie-1235381096/

Will Ferrell is in talks to play John Madden in a movie about the origins of the Madden games

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

moneyball but instead of the statistics nerd they have a gamer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Evil Kit posted:

they leaned into it in factions 1 by selling a DLC Execution pack where you could do even more brutal fatalities on your opponents, including one where they plead for their life before you cave in their skull

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What do you call that specific kind of movie? the social network, blackberry, Air, the founder...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Waffleman_ posted:

https://deadline.com/2023/05/madden-will-ferrell-david-o-russell-team-for-amazon-mgm-movie-1235381096/

Will Ferrell is in talks to play John Madden in a movie about the origins of the Madden games

Has will ferrell reinvented his career yet or does he still play the same lovely dickhead in every movie?